Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office

The president of the United States is the most powerful person in the world. The president is the spokesman for democracy and liberty. Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office that we all held? That means everyone in the administration should look and act professionally, especially the presidential. Impressions matter.”

I seldom, if ever, agree with the individual that allegedly wrote those words, but in this case they are spot on.

Pomp and circumstance are nice in peacetime. We are not at peace.

What's different now from 2015 when those words were written....By Trump?

See! I told you it was a "Gotcha" question!

Pomp and circumstance was nowhere to be found in the racially-dividing previous Administration. But that was alright because he was "your guy" so those little things could be overlooked, huh.

not going to argue but heck , look at you , new yorker' democrat , nothing American about that . And that being said , i sum things up neatly by saying , we will never work politely work together RChicky .

NY is an American state. Democrats belong to an American political party. I was born in America.

Sorry, pismoe. You don't get to define my nationality.

But just for fun, tell me how being a NY democrat makes me un-American.
If you are anti-Constitutional, you're un-American in my book.

But I'm not anti-Constitutional.
Do you think the Constitution grants us rights or that it limits government and we have all the rights naturally?

Do you support banning people from things for their own good such as 36 oz drinks, drugs and being able to commit suicide assisted or alone?

Do you support states rights or an all-powerful Federal government? Does the Federal government know best and should we turn in all or most of our money to it so they can decide on how it best be spent or should those decisions primarily be local?

We have natural rights. But the Constitution is a contract among the people. It can't grant rights, nor limit government, without the agreement of the American people. That's why the Constitution can be amended.

I support personal freedoms. I also support basic services that help all Americans become and stay productive citizens, like education and healthcare.

President Trump is the best of the last 4 presidents IMO.
Obama-Mom Jean wearing,America hating,King bowing clown
Bush-Thought god told him to invade Iraq
Clinton-Got blowjobs and raped women in the oval office..

now remind me WHEN was the last time we had a President that acted decently in the WH. Spare the whining because President Trump attacks those that attack him. I love it.

I know what one producer told someone over drinks. I know that Project Veritas uses heavy editing to change meaning.

What meaning was changed? The issue is simply that you hold party as far, FAR more important than truth or an honest press.

Dumb.

And dare I say it? A rationalization.

This is like those people who throw around the Jefferson quote about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. But everyone backs away when a Congressperson actually gets shot.

You dare say it, you are correct: It is a rationalization.

And I may say: Zero fucks given. :banana:

Don't complain when the next President that you don't vote for is acting like a Fifth Grade bully. The precedent has been set.

Zero fucks given, indeed.

That's exactly what Obama did. Used the weight of the Fed government to ram through faggotry and Obamacare, despite what the states wanted.

The difference between Obama and Trump is that unlike Obama, whose promise was "the most transparent government", and then went directly against that; Trump promised good things for the people that are doable, and is working to make good on the promises.

Actually, healthcare was passed after negotiations and compromise from both parties. No bullying.

Now we have a President who calls names for no other reason but to soothe his own hurt feelings.

You're wrong on that. Not one Republican voted for it, and it was rammed through with the slimmest of margins.

It is the epitome of taxation without representation.

Zero house Republicans voted for ACA.

H.R. 3590 (111th): Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act -- Senate Vote #396 -- Dec 24, 2009

You're right. It was the negotiations of blue dog Dems I was remembering. Thanks for the correction.

I know what one producer told someone over drinks. I know that Project Veritas uses heavy editing to change meaning.

What meaning was changed? The issue is simply that you hold party as far, FAR more important than truth or an honest press.

If Project Veritas was honest press, you'd have a point.

Every video they produce is heavily editorialized and edited, with one agenda- to gather evidence that supports their thesis, and disregard the rest.

The president of the United States is the most powerful person in the world. The president is the spokesman for democracy and liberty. Isn’t it time we brought back the pomp and circumstance and the sense of awe for that office that we all held? That means everyone in the administration should look and act professionally, especially the presidential. Impressions matter.”

I seldom, if ever, agree with the individual that allegedly wrote those words, but in this case they are spot on.
I agree. I miss the days of Selling the Lincoln bedroom and sex in the oval office with interns. Those were the days when the office was respected.....

Pft

...This is like those people who throw around the Jefferson quote about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. But everyone backs away when a Congressperson actually gets shot.
1) I like and support the quote. Liberals run from it like a plague.

2) I didn't back away. In fact, if anyone has to get shot, I prefer it be a politician over an innocent bystander. If it was up to me, convictions of political corruption would be a public hanging offense in Lafayette Square or on the Mall.

So you support shooting politicians to refresh the tree of liberty?

Good to know.

...This is like those people who throw around the Jefferson quote about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. But everyone backs away when a Congressperson actually gets shot.

2) I didn't back away. In fact, if anyone has to get shot, I prefer it be a politician over an innocent bystander. If it was up to me, convictions of political corruption would be a public hanging offense in Lafayette Square or on the Mall.

Good to know.

only if approved by a jury of their peers...
(who are likely as guilty as the one being shot)

assassination., even if only attempted, is just a classy name for murder, and illegal.

President Trump is the best of the last 4 presidents IMO.
Obama-Mom Jean wearing,America hating,King bowing clown
Bush-Thought god told him to invade Iraq
Clinton-Got blowjobs and raped women in the oval office..

now remind me WHEN was the last time we had a President that acted decently in the WH. Spare the whining because President Trump attacks those that attack him. I love it.
$25 says he'll also have the shortest time in office of the four last Presidents.

Yeah, that'd be great, unfortunately, that's not what's needed right now.

What's needed right now is a bull in a china shop. ;)

Pretty sure that's exactly the case right now as well. :badgrin:

What has a bull in a china shop EVER accomplished?

Made replacement of the broken china necessary.

That's productive. Arsonists help contractors, too. Right?

Ah, the broken window fallacy, the foundation of all leftist economics.
While I'll readily agree there are tons of flaws in Leftist economic theories, what's wrong with the Broken Window theory? It's a crime-reduction theory, not necessarily an economic one, although cutting crime cuts costs.

broken windows theory | academic theory
Bratton introduced his broken windows-based “quality of life initiative.” This initiative cracked down on panhandling, disorderly behaviour, public drinking, street prostitution, and unsolicited windshield washing or other such attempts to obtain cash from drivers stopped in traffic. When Bratton resigned in 1996, felonies were down almost 40 percent in New York, and the homicide rate had been halved.

Different broken window fallacy.

{In Bastiat's tale, a man's son breaks a pane of glass, meaning the man will have to pay to replace it. The onlookers consider the situation and decide that the boy has actually done the community a service because his father will have to pay the glazier (window repair man) to replace the broken pane. The glazier will then presumably spend the extra money on something else, jump-starting the local economy. (For related reading, see Economics Basics.)

The onlookers come to believe that breaking windows stimulates the economy, but Bastiat points out that further analysis exposes the fallacy. By breaking the window, the man's son has reduced his father's disposable income, meaning his father will not be able purchase new shoes or some other luxury good. Thus, the broken window might help the glazier, but at the same time, it robs other industries and reduces the amount being spent on other goods. Moreover, replacing something that has already been purchased is a maintenance cost, rather than a purchase of truly new goods, and maintenance doesn't stimulate production. In short, Bastiat suggests that destruction - and its costs - don't pay in an economic sense.}

Good to know.
No, but interesting that you jump to that conclusion.

And really, didn't Obama reign it on from GW's hand-holding and kissing?

bush-saudi-hand-holding-1.jpg

Oh ye of little knowledge! In the Middle- and Far-East hand holding by two persons of the same sex is a sign of friendship, and in many countries same-sex cheek-kissing is a show of respect and/or gratitude.

You're really digging to the bottom of the barrel on this one ChopstickChick.

I agree. I miss the days of Selling the Lincoln bedroom and sex in the oval office with interns. Those were the days when the office was respected.....

Pft
The days when the presidential office was respected were the days when the media conspired to MAKE the office respected. There was no newspaper that was itemizing JFK's parade of women in the white house or speculating as to his drug use. No television talk show host attacked Eisenhower for adding "under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance.

Absolutely, when a new structure is needed.

Dumb.

And dare I say it? A rationalization.

This is like those people who throw around the Jefferson quote about watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants. But everyone backs away when a Congressperson actually gets shot.

You dare say it, you are correct: It is a rationalization.

And I may say: Zero fucks given. :banana:

Don't complain when the next President that you don't vote for is acting like a Fifth Grade bully. The precedent has been set.

Zero fucks given, indeed.

That's exactly what Obama did. Used the weight of the Fed government to ram through faggotry and Obamacare, despite what the states wanted.

The difference between Obama and Trump is that unlike Obama, whose promise was "the most transparent government", and then went directly against that; Trump promised good things for the people that are doable, and is working to make good on the promises.

Actually, healthcare was passed after negotiations and compromise from both parties. No bullying.

Now we have a President who calls names for no other reason but to soothe his own hurt feelings.

Utter fucking bullshit. Obama's fascist care was passed in the dead of the night with zero input and zero votes from the Republicans.

What has a bull in a china shop EVER accomplished?

Made replacement of the broken china necessary.

That's productive. Arsonists help contractors, too. Right?

Ah, the broken window fallacy, the foundation of all leftist economics.
While I'll readily agree there are tons of flaws in Leftist economic theories, what's wrong with the Broken Window theory? It's a crime-reduction theory, not necessarily an economic one, although cutting crime cuts costs.

broken windows theory | academic theory
Bratton introduced his broken windows-based “quality of life initiative.” This initiative cracked down on panhandling, disorderly behaviour, public drinking, street prostitution, and unsolicited windshield washing or other such attempts to obtain cash from drivers stopped in traffic. When Bratton resigned in 1996, felonies were down almost 40 percent in New York, and the homicide rate had been halved.

Different broken window fallacy.

{In Bastiat's tale, a man's son breaks a pane of glass, meaning the man will have to pay to replace it. The onlookers consider the situation and decide that the boy has actually done the community a service because his father will have to pay the glazier (window repair man) to replace the broken pane. The glazier will then presumably spend the extra money on something else, jump-starting the local economy. (For related reading, see Economics Basics.)

The onlookers come to believe that breaking windows stimulates the economy, but Bastiat points out that further analysis exposes the fallacy. By breaking the window, the man's son has reduced his father's disposable income, meaning his father will not be able purchase new shoes or some other luxury good. Thus, the broken window might help the glazier, but at the same time, it robs other industries and reduces the amount being spent on other goods. Moreover, replacing something that has already been purchased is a maintenance cost, rather than a purchase of truly new goods, and maintenance doesn't stimulate production. In short, Bastiat suggests that destruction - and its costs - don't pay in an economic sense.}
Agreed, Bastiat is correct. It's a fallacy that intentional destruction of property is more beneficial than not.

Forum List

Back