Israel defends itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel aid remains untouched in 2014 US budget proposal

Under 2014 budget proposal submitted by U.S. President Barack Obama to Congress on Wednesday, Israel would receive $3.4 billion in total military aid, including $220 million for the Iron Dome anti-rocket system.

More: Israel Hayom | Israel aid remains untouched in 2014 US budget proposal

Israel is a nuclear power fighting stone-age people - so why is the U.S. still giving Israel over $3.4 billion in yearly aid?

The Myth of Anti-Semitism

There is no label that strikes more fear into the hearts of political figures, journalists and the general public than “Anti-Semitism.” To be labeled an “anti-Semite” can mean the end of a career, the failure of a business or being shunned by friends and colleagues.

“Anti-Semitism” is a term that was coined in Europe during the latter half of the nineteenth century. Prominent Jewish scholars used it to characterize the emerging theories that “Semitic” races were inferior to “Aryan” races. Despite the fact that Arabs are Semitic, the term is now exclusively understood to mean “prejudiced against or hostile toward Jews,” according to all major dictionaries.

A similar phenomenon occurred with the word “holocaust,” referring to the period of Nazi rule in Germany from 1933 to 1945 during which Russians, gypsies, Jews, homosexuals, political opponents of the regime and prisoners of war were systematically executed. Today, visitors to Auschwitz, one of the many concentration camps built throughout Nazi-occupied Europe, find little tribute to any group other than Jews; Israeli flags litter the grounds and signs are written in Hebrew. “Holocaust” is now exclusively understood as Jewish suffering.

Refusal to recognize or support Israel has nothing to do with being “prejudiced against or hostile toward Jews” and everything to do with rejecting occupation, oppression and the myriad war crimes carried out by the Zionist state.

MUCH MORE: The Myth of Anti-Semitism | The Ugly Truth

The words anti-Semitic and holocaust are not exclusive to Jews - but they seem to think so.

"Zionism" is a term antisemites invented to make their hate sound respectable. That's all it's ever been.
"Zionism (Hebrew: צִיּוֹנוּת, translit. Tsiyonut) is the national movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the creation of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the Land of Israel..."

"Zionism emerged in the late 19th century in central and eastern Europe as a national revival movement, and soon after this most leaders of the movement associated the main goal with creating the desired state in Palestine, then an area controlled by the Ottoman Empire.[2][3][4]

"Since the establishment of the State of Israel, the Zionist movement continues primarily to advocate on behalf of the Jewish state and address threats to its continued existence..."

Zionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under 2014 budget proposal submitted by U.S. President Barack Obama to Congress on Wednesday, Israel would receive $3.4 billion in total military aid, including $220 million for the Iron Dome anti-rocket system.

Israel is a nuclear power fighting stone-age people - so why is the U.S. still giving Israel over $3.4 billion is yearly aid?

Exactly.

I don't care if Hamas comes over and kills your grandmother, Mustang's point stands.

Israelis enjoy killing. Very plain to see.

"...civilians always die in war". Your arrogance and ignorance is beyond the pale.

Typical rightie...Defend children like hell when they are in the womb, and then they are just collateral damage after they are born. You are disgusting.

Isreali's enjoy killing? Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

How bout Hamas using women and kids as shield while they fire away at the Isreali's.

The scary thing is how many people think like this loser. Think about how absurd they are and all of their claims.

I see a lot of this on here, as if this is the S.O.P. for Hamas, but no one cares to actually corroborate the claim and post proof.

Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
Israel blames Gaza death toll on Palestinians for deliberately putting people in line of fire. But can strikes ever be targeted to minimise civilian casualties in such a densely populated area?
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas?s human shields - Middle East - World - The Independent

Besides, what was this?

So tell me, who is this 'weaker opponent' you are referring to?

Do the Palestinians have an Air Force with jets and attack helicopters? How about a Navy? Tanks?

So, you are defending Hamas.

Case in point. If you don't have the proper means to attack a superior military target, don't. You will be obliterated.
You're confusing this with a war where each side has ground, air, and naval forces. Israel is legally the Occupying Power of Gaza; that means it has no rights under international law, only obligations. One of those obligations is to avoid the infliction of collective punishment on those civilians it occupies. The Jews have been inflicting collective punishment on Gaza in the form of an illegal blockade since 2006. Jews can end the killing in Gaza by lifting their blockade of Gaza's airspace, coastal waters, and land borders. Or they can die the death of a thousand cuts in the court of global public opinion.

Do the Palestinians have an Air Force with jets and attack helicopters? How about a Navy? Tanks?

Case in point. If you don't have the proper means to attack a superior military target, don't. You will be obliterated.
You're confusing this with a war where each side has ground, air, and naval forces. Israel is legally the Occupying Power of Gaza; that means it has no rights under international law, only obligations. One of those obligations is to avoid the infliction of collective punishment on those civilians it occupies. The Jews have been inflicting collective punishment on Gaza in the form of an illegal blockade since 2006. Jews can end the killing in Gaza by lifting their blockade of Gaza's airspace, coastal waters, and land borders. Or they can die the death of a thousand cuts in the court of global public opinion.

Spot on.

You can drag a neanderthal on this board to water but you can't make them think.

Spot on.

You can drag a neanderthal on this board to water but you can't make them think.

Spot on? Yep you can drag racist like you through the water but you can't make em think.

Spot on.

Spot on? Yep you can drag racist like you through the water but you can't make em think.

Racist? I would like Israel to stop killing children. So I guess I don't like Hispanics either since the drug cartels are run by Mexicans and Central Americans.
If that makes me a racist, then so be it. Perfectly logical in your tiny, microscopic mind.

Spot on.

Racist? I would like Israel to stop killing children. So I guess I don't like Hispanics either since the drug cartels are run by Mexicans and Central Americans.
If that makes me a racist, then so be it. Perfectly logical in your tiny, microscopic mind.

Funny you have no problem with the Muslims killing Jewish children which they've killed plenty of.

Isreal is fighting a war and civilians, men, women and kids die in wars. One would think you'd know that being that your so smart and all. Isreal isn't targeting women and kids but Hamas is using them as shields.

Hamas has no problem with the civilian casualties. Wonder why??

I have no problem with Histpanics as long as they aren't illegal and living int he US.

Your tiny racist microscopic brain just wouldn't be able to figure that out though because on top of being a racist your an idiot.

Funny you have no problem with the Muslims killing Jewish children which they've killed plenty of.

Isreal is fighting a war and civilians, men, women and kids die in wars. One would think you'd know that being that your so smart and all. Isreal isn't targeting women and kids but Hamas is using them as shields.

I have no problem with Histpanics as long as they aren't illegal and living int he US.

Your tiny racist microscopic brain just wouldn't be able to figure that out though because on top of being a racist your an idiot.

NoPeePee is typical of the Left: brainless hypocrites who practice exactly what they accuse conservatives of.

Israel is a nuclear power fighting stone-age people - so why is the U.S. still giving Israel over $3.4 billion in yearly aid?

Probably because the pro-Israel lobby is so influential. Odd how conservatives don't seem to have much of a problem with the Federal Gov't handing over so much taxpayer money instead of Israel supporting themselves.

NoPeePee is typical of the Left: brainless hypocrites who practice exactly what they accuse conservatives of.

See post 231. Think of it as a mirror in front of your face.

Probably because the pro-Israel lobby is so influential. Odd how conservatives don't seem to have much of a problem with the Federal Gov't handing over so much taxpayer money instead of Israel supporting themselves.

We paid for 90% of the iron dome, too. Apparently the righties think it's OK for Israelis to be welfare queens.

I have specifically addressed this conflict in my O/P and how the numbers are so out of balance, ergo my comment about the Israelis bringing an assault weapon to a knife fight. The numbers don't lie.

Besides, what was this?

So tell me, who is this 'weaker opponent' you are referring to?

No I'm not. I'm merely stating the obvious. In a conflict, the weaker opponent generally resorts to hit and run tactics. You know, like in the American revolution?

My, doesn't take much to get under your incredibly thin, slimy, pasty skin.

You are an idiot for comparing Hamas to the Israeli military. It is no match. That is Mustang's point you stupid twit.

Are you completely stupid? Yes, we know you are. You post drekk here day after day. You fall for anything the left tells you. I think one of your two functioning brain cells isnt.

Sorry if the photo I posted is the reality you can't handle.

Just sit back and relax, and enjoy the myopia you live in that your dreaded Obama has not in any fucking way impaired or altered.

The American press makes it easy for assholes like you to rationalize reality.

Oh shut up, you monstrous whore. Israel needs to take back the Gaza strip and the West Bank, kill everything in sight above the age of 12 and be done with it.

What is this insanity that Israel is supposed to endure what no other nation on Earth would stand for: perpetual war in the name of peace.

Madness!

I once worked with a Vietnamese guy who was a child during our involvement in that conflict. He and his family lived in your basic Vietnamese village near a US Marine base.

It was the habit of the Marines after their base being attacked to go into the nearest villages to root out the attackers, sometimes burning said villages to the ground.

Because of this, whenever my friend's father heard an attack going on at the base, he would take a rifle and climb up on the roof of their hut. He would sit there in the dark, and if he saw any figures coming down the path toward their village, he would shoot them. These people he shot were the ones who had attacked the Marines.

In this way, he would save his village from retribution by the Marines.

This recent chain of events in Israel and the Gaza Strip was kicked off by the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers. The perpetrators of that crime were probably not even connected to Hamas.

This quickly escalated into rockets being fired into Israel after Israel's response to the murders.

It is time for Palestinians to climb up onto the roofs of their huts.

Last edited:
Before I start in on this thread, let me preface it by mentioning a variation of an old saying:

"We won the battle, but lost the war."​

Struggles and armed conflicts aren't just fought on a battlefield. They're fought in the court of public opinion too. In case anyone needs a history lesson on that front, it would behoove them to recall the American Civil Rights struggle. It was news images of water cannons and German Shepherd police dogs being unleashed on peaceful Black demonstrators which ultimately turned American public opinion against the gov'ts of the American South in the early 1960s. Israel faces a similar PR disaster despite the fact that most of these kind of reports don't get much airtime in the USA.

In truth, the story below isn't even the one I was looking for. I saw a report this morning on CNN about a 3 year old Palestinian child who was wrapped in bandages in a hospital. Obviously, the story below is from last month.

A Palestinian child, 7 years old, Ali Abed al-Awour, passed away last night as a result of injuries caused by an Israeli airstrike last Wednesday.

Palestinian sources reported that the child was with his uncle, Muhammad Ahmad al-Awour, on a motorcycle, when the Israeli airplane striked in the al-Sudanyeh neighborhood, northern Gaza. The Israeli army claimed that the uncle was a leader of Hamas, responsible for firing rockets to southern Israel. However, al-Awour's family said he had gone out to get food for dinner when he was killed.

This attack caused the immediate death of the uncle, 30 years old, and two other people were injured. One of them was Ali al-Awour, who passed away yesterday in a hospital in Gaza.

7-year old dies in Gaza 3 days after being injured in an Israeli airstrike

The POINT is clear as long as you're not too obtuse to see it or too partisan to acknowledge it. When a militarily far more powerful foe launches a military assault on a weaker opponent in the name of self-defense, it better be careful regarding its targets and the scale of its assault, or it's going to look like plain old brutality.

While I know that there are a lot of Israel supporter who are unapologetic regarding these assaults, at some point you have to ask yourself if it's doing more harm than good to the cause if it creates widespread sympathy for the Palestinians in the court of world public opinion in the process.

But this thread is not meant so much to be about Israel versus the Palestinians and who's right, or who's MORE right. This thread is meant to be about what's in America's interest. You see, the Israelis are using weapons systems that WE supplied to them to launch these military campaigns. Think how that makes Arabs view us when they see dead children at the hands of weapons we supplied to the people who are using the weapons against them. Think that might create a terrorism problem for us in the process?

awwwww !! how terrible !!

war is pure hell !

do you have any idea how many "CHILLLLDREN" and civilian adults were killed during WWII ?

a few hundred thousand and you whine about one fucking muslime kid. :lmao:

oooooh :fu:

Like I said, the attitude of people who claim to be "principled conservatives" with rock-solid core beliefs mystifies me when I hear themlament Israeli civilian deaths while behaving quite cavalierly regarding the deaths of Palestinian women and children. After all, isn't it an atrocity and a violation of human rights when innocent women and children are brutally killed, regardless of who's pulling the trigger? At least that would be the viewpoint of a principled person.

Last edited:
This is a member of the current government. This informs their thinking. . . .

I see many members here that hold his views. It is disgusting.

10408943_667062476698030_8868254865383679246_n.jpg

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-Ed-Contributors/Ben-Dahan-must-go-336815

"He said in an interview that the souls of all Jews are higher than those of Christians or Muslims or anybody else, yet his job is secure."
ShowImage.ashx

Imagine for a moment that the religious affairs minister in some democratic country – England or Switzerland for example – were to make a public statement that “the souls of all Christians are superior to the souls of Jews.” Would Israel not make a fuss? Would not the ADL and the Weisenthal Center cry out in protest? Would not Jews in that country demand the immediate resignation of such an official? But in Israel, the man who fills such a slot – Deputy Religious Services Minister Rabbi Eli Ben-Dahan – recently said just that about Christians. He is quoted as saying in an interview which he knew would be published that the souls of all Jews are higher than those of Christians or Muslims or anybody else, yet his job is secure.

This is why the genocide continues. Dehumanize your enemy, anything is possible. Make your population believe they have a divine right and manifest destiny, they will commit all sort of atrocities in the name of the STATE.

If Israel were located in Europe and they needed to ethnic cleanse Irishman to make their STATE, would this even be an issue? Hell no, this behavior wouldn't be tolerated. Britain needed to solve their Northern Ireland issue post-haste, didn't they?

Let's be frank, shall we? For the Christian American, the soul of a Irishman is more valuable than that of a Palestinian. But the soul of a Palestinian? Oh hell, that's comparable to a dog. The soul of a Jew is definitely more important. . . plus Israel represents key American interests. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back