Israel is bombing Gaza... AGAIN!

I woke up on Shabbat morning , the day that supposed to be of relaxation, due to my friends whatsapping that they had to run to shelters, again

Since the o/p poster is not a fan of truth telling of any kind, he wouldn't have said that the attack on Gaza was a response of rocket firing on Israeli civilians, and that the natural retaliation did not claim any lives or left any injuries.

In other word, is Israeli children woke up to sirens, it is nothing but fair that Gaza children woke up to pilots.

Who cast the first stone this time?

Looks like some stupid sent a rocket from Gaza into Israeli territory!

Whilst I do not condone the launching of rockets from Gaza, I also cannot condone the 'excessive' responses by Israel...

Yes, I know the argument, Israel has a right to protect itself, with which I agree, but sending F16's into Gaza and bombing is as futile as the rockets fired from Gaza!

Futile in that, yes, 'The Empire Strikes Back' but, all it achieves is a pretense for the next missiles to be fired into Israel...

Whilst I do not condone the launching of rockets from Gaza, I also cannot condone the 'excessive' responses by Israel...

Yes, I know the argument, Israel has a right to protect itself, with which I agree, but sending F16's into Gaza and bombing is as futile as the rockets fired from Gaza!

Futile in that, yes, 'The Empire Strikes Back' but, all it achieves is a pretense for the next missiles to be fired into Israel...

Oh, save it.

This has gone on long enough. Let us start with the fact that this entire thread is pure nonsense and whining. That poster opened up a thread presendint it like out of the blue Israel chose to attack Gaza, while even the source itself, Iranian source no less, had the most basic integrity in saying this was pure response to uncalled provocation. I've had enough with this troll who never once said anything that is not pure lie spreading bullshit.

Second, what 'excessive' response are you even talking about? Israel this morning brought down ONE Hamas plant in an open field. No civilian was even under threat. If anything, it's the opposite of excessive. It's so operative it's ridiculous.

Well, duh bomb'em is the limit of Israel's intellectual capacity.

The Israeli retaliation was in response to an act of war by Islamic terrorists. Why do you believe such acts are an entitlement without consequence?

Brought to you by Iran's IslamoNazi "Press TV"?

Pffffffft....engage digital flush!

It depends on what you mean by "futile". Gaza's rocket fire into Israel will never compel Israel to bring down the blockade (actually having the opposite effect), nor hand over Israel to Hamas for a one state solution (even in discussions of one or two state solutions, no one wants Gaza). So what's the point? Why do they keep doing it?

Because its working remarkably well in terms of keeping up international sympathy (which comes with $) and for the support of some Muslim groups and countries (which also comes with $) and keeps the fires of victimization going.

Israel's response to rockets will never stop the rockets. Nor will the blockade. But it is enough to keep it in check, low-level, infrequent and minimally damaging. Its enough to keep Israelis (mostly) content with the fact that a response is being made. In my opinion, it is a very minimal response and not at all excessive. But that is worthy of further discussion with people who don't exaggerate the situation to demonize Israel and use inappropriate language like genocide or slaughter etc.

Israel's options are to re-take Gaza (and I can't in any way see that as a good idea, can you?) or to stop responding (and again, I don't see that as a good option).

So, what is the solution here? How do we end Gaza's constant belligerent attacks on Israel and encourage them to live in peace? Please don't say -- just end the blockade and all will be unicorns and cheesecake. That seems entirely unrealistic to me.

Gaza, as it is now and if it continues to go the way it is, will always be a thorn in Israel's side. It is sad that it is being used to continue the welfare state. It is a very sticky situation as you pointed out, Shusha. Someday though, Israel may have to do more than token actions.

I mean, UNRWA means United Nations Relief and Works Agency, but a Google search adds "for Palestine" to the end. Therefore the UN should just come right out and change the acronym to UNRWAP; however I wish the world would just unwrap it, lol.

"Israel is bombing Gaza..."

You're saying that like it's a bad thing.

It depends on what you mean by "futile". Gaza's rocket fire into Israel will never compel Israel to bring down the blockade (actually having the opposite effect), nor hand over Israel to Hamas for a one state solution (even in discussions of one or two state solutions, no one wants Gaza). So what's the point? Why do they keep doing it?

Because its working remarkably well in terms of keeping up international sympathy (which comes with $) and for the support of some Muslim groups and countries (which also comes with $) and keeps the fires of victimization going.

Israel's response to rockets will never stop the rockets. Nor will the blockade. But it is enough to keep it in check, low-level, infrequent and minimally damaging. Its enough to keep Israelis (mostly) content with the fact that a response is being made. In my opinion, it is a very minimal response and not at all excessive. But that is worthy of further discussion with people who don't exaggerate the situation to demonize Israel and use inappropriate language like genocide or slaughter etc.

Israel's options are to re-take Gaza (and I can't in any way see that as a good idea, can you?) or to stop responding (and again, I don't see that as a good option).

So, what is the solution here? How do we end Gaza's constant belligerent attacks on Israel and encourage them to live in peace? Please don't say -- just end the blockade and all will be unicorns and cheesecake. That seems entirely unrealistic to me.
. To me, you have either a civilized society, and then you have a society that won't civilize for what ever reason the government or people seem is a reason not to. When the uncivilized society decides that it wants to be a thorn in the side of the civilized society, then the civilized society should invade and take control of the uncivilized society, and place strict laws on the adults while educating the young to become peaceful and civilized. Occupation should be the answer, and to incorporate the rule of law upon these people. The end.

To me, you have either a civilized society, and then you have a society that won't civilize for what ever reason the government or people seem is a reason not to. When the uncivilized society decides that it wants to be a thorn in the side of the civilized society, then the civilized society should invade and take control of the uncivilized society, and place strict laws on the adults while educating the young to become peaceful and civilized. Occupation should be the answer, and to incorporate the rule of law upon these people. The end.

Hmmmm. Interesting assessment. I am having to process this.

On the one hand, it has unsavory overtones of "we civilized people must fix the barbarians", which hasn't exactly done much good in the world, imo. And frankly, its not much different than the ISIS belief that force is necessary in order to bring people into the proper belief system.

On the other hand, there is a strong trend in the world, and I think a good one, to not be bystanders and to work to bring about social justice for oppressed people. (And I think the Gazan people definitely qualify -- oppressed by their own leadership, not by Israel).

And there is an element of the need for education, which, imo, is always the answer.

There is also an important point to be made that what you do in your home is none of my business, but if you start attacking MY home it suddenly becomes very much my business.

Philosophy aside, interesting as it is....practically I worry about the resources that Israel would need to police Gaza and also to lift Gaza from the point of view of providing education, medical care, infrastructure, etc. The costs in human life, on both sides, given the inevitable conflict and fighting that would arise would be grave and much greater than now. There is also the reasonable assumption that other nations would contribute to a resistance, creating a larger war.

It also seems to me that IF occupation was the answer, Israel should not be the one to do it. The "resistance" is too deeply ingrained to be a "Jewish" problem (a resistance against Jews) and that adds components to the practical side which are not easily solved. But, if not Israel, what is the alternative? International forces are notoriously ineffective.

To me, you have either a civilized society, and then you have a society that won't civilize for what ever reason the government or people seem is a reason not to. When the uncivilized society decides that it wants to be a thorn in the side of the civilized society, then the civilized society should invade and take control of the uncivilized society, and place strict laws on the adults while educating the young to become peaceful and civilized. Occupation should be the answer, and to incorporate the rule of law upon these people. The end.

Hmmmm. Interesting assessment. I am having to process this.

On the one hand, it has unsavory overtones of "we civilized people must fix the barbarians", which hasn't exactly done much good in the world, imo. And frankly, its not much different than the ISIS belief that force is necessary in order to bring people into the proper belief system.

On the other hand, there is a strong trend in the world, and I think a good one, to not be bystanders and to work to bring about social justice for oppressed people. (And I think the Gazan people definitely qualify -- oppressed by their own leadership, not by Israel).

And there is an element of the need for education, which, imo, is always the answer.

There is also an important point to be made that what you do in your home is none of my business, but if you start attacking MY home it suddenly becomes very much my business.

Philosophy aside, interesting as it is....practically I worry about the resources that Israel would need to police Gaza and also to lift Gaza from the point of view of providing education, medical care, infrastructure, etc. The costs in human life, on both sides, given the inevitable conflict and fighting that would arise would be grave and much greater than now. There is also the reasonable assumption that other nations would contribute to a resistance, creating a larger war.

It also seems to me that IF occupation was the answer, Israel should not be the one to do it. The "resistance" is too deeply ingrained to be a "Jewish" problem (a resistance against Jews) and that adds components to the practical side which are not easily solved. But, if not Israel, what is the alternative? International forces are notoriously ineffective.
. Israel has the right to be the invader, and then the fixer because it is the one that is being attacked (making it very much their business). Not so much about forcing a belief on someone afterwards, but more about teaching a people not to want war, but instead to want peace. Education can solve these problems, and the biggest part of the education is to show that Israel is a peace loving people, and not a war loving people. Otherwise Israel's job would be to educate the population that they are not the Boogeymen. Once that is satisfied, then Israel could have or create a long term exit strategy that will leave both parties in peace, as trading partners, allies, and respecting one another. Tough love must come first, and then to prove that the intent was for the betterment of both people's would come next. We of course should stand by our Allie if submitted a plan of action to end the conflict for good.

Israel has the right to be the invader, and then the fixer because it is the one that is being attacked (making it very much their business). Not so much about forcing a belief on someone afterwards, but more about teaching a people not to want war, but instead to want peace. Education can solve these problems, and the biggest part of the education is to show that Israel is a peace loving people, and not a war loving people. Otherwise Israel's job would be to educate the population that they are not the Boogeymen. Once that is satisfied, then Israel could have or create a long term exit strategy that will leave both parties in peace, as trading partners, allies, and respecting one another. Tough love must come first, and then to prove that the intent was for the betterment of both people's would come next. We of course should stand by our Allie if submitted a plan of action to end the conflict for good.

Can't find too much to disagree with here.

Except...

1. Hard to convey the idea that Israel is a "peace loving people" while using military force to take over your home.

2. Hard to see how this can practically come into effect. (Feel free to convince me).

Forum List

Back