Israel to Award Obama Prestigious Medal During Visit

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Israel will award President Barack Obama the country's Presidential Medal of Distinction during his upcoming visit.

Israeli President Shimon Peres' office said Monday that Obama will be recognized for his "unique and significant contribution to strengthening the State of Israel and the security of its citizens."
Israel to Award Obama Distinction Medal in Visit

WtF? :clap2:

I imagine this award will not make the neighbors happy. But how can you refuse it?

Puts Obama in sort of a pickle.

I imagine this award will not make the neighbors happy. But how can you refuse it?

It will also cause severe consternation among America's rightwingnuts, who've been insisting that Obama has turned his back on Israel.

Israel will award President Barack Obama the country's Presidential Medal of Distinction during his upcoming visit.

Israeli President Shimon Peres' office said Monday that Obama will be recognized for his "unique and significant contribution to strengthening the State of Israel and the security of its citizens."

Well, the Nobel Peace Prize winner has killed a lot of Muslims...

It will also cause severe consternation among America's rightwingnuts, who've been insisting that Obama has turned his back on Israel.

Anything that causes consternation among America's rightwingnuts, can't be all bad.

Won't it piss off the far left to? Because he has "abandioned" the palestinians?

Two for one - get to piss off both extremes. I'm liking this more and more.

Last edited:

Anything that causes consternation among America's rightwingnuts, can't be all bad.

Won't it piss off the far left to? Because he has "abandioned" the palestinians?

How is providing security for Israel, "abandoning the Palestinians?"

As far as I know, Obama still supports a two-state solution.

Israel probably sat back and watched the Europeans give Obama a Nobel Peace Prize and then had him attack Libya for them. So what the hey? Give him an award and butter him up in the hopes he will do what you want as well.

Obama loves trinkets. Israel needs to kiss Obama's ass. This is the solution.

I thought Israel didn't like Obama and visa versa.

It IS confusing. Obama has not been a friend to Israel. Must be some political posturing on Israel's part behind it.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

How is providing security for Israel, "abandoning the Palestinians?"

As far as I know, Obama still supports a two-state solution.

Please, are you asking for rationality among any extremists?
A handshake from Isreal pisses off the far left. They want us to denouce Isreal and now POTUS is picking up an award for helping them?

Of course the far right is pissed because Isreal is not picking up on the mooslim meme.

I thought Israel didn't like Obama and visa versa.
No, Obama doesn't like Netanyahu and visa versa.

It IS confusing. Obama has not been a friend to Israel. Must be some political posturing on Israel's part behind it.

Say what?? Obama hasn't been a friend to Israel?? :eusa_hand:

• "I would like to express my gratitude to the President of the United States, Barack Obama. I asked for his help. This was a decisive and fateful moment. He said, ‘I will do everything I can.’ And so he did. He used every considerable means and influence of the United States to help us. We owe him a special measure of gratitude. This attests to the strong alliance between Israel and the United States." ~ Prime Minister Netanyahu

• "I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing, in regard to our security, more than anything that I can remember in the past." ~ Defense Minister Ehud Barak

• "When I look at the record of President Obama concerning the major issues, security, I think it’s a highly satisfactory record, from an Israeli point of view." ~ President Shimon Peres

Say what?? Obama hasn't been a friend to Israel?? :eusa_hand:

• "I would like to express my gratitude to the President of the United States, Barack Obama. I asked for his help. This was a decisive and fateful moment. He said, ‘I will do everything I can.’ And so he did. He used every considerable means and influence of the United States to help us. We owe him a special measure of gratitude. This attests to the strong alliance between Israel and the United States." ~ Prime Minister Netanyahu

• "I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing, in regard to our security, more than anything that I can remember in the past." ~ Defense Minister Ehud Barak

• "When I look at the record of President Obama concerning the major issues, security, I think it’s a highly satisfactory record, from an Israeli point of view." ~ President Shimon Peres

You've done it now.
You've gone and debunked their mooslim meme

You in a heap o' trouble boy

Forum List

Back