As I often ask:
  • What is the intent?
  • What is the motive?
  • What is the purpose?

The food and aid thing is smokescreen.

It is not a siege on food. It is a siege on freedom. ~ Leila El Haddad

(REFERENCE)

(COMMENT)

As is done in good writing, the theme is an eye catcher presented in the very beginning.

• BLUF: Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Insert: HAMAS).
A "contradiction to the principles" is a telling phrase considering we are taking about peace and solutions; and since the Palestinians are always such sticklers for international law and humanitarian principles.

This is counter-intuitive.
  • On the one hand, Hamas and the Palestinians are complaining that Israel has Gaza under siege, and will not permit food stuffs and humanitarian aid to pass through the border.
  • One the other hand, Hamas blocks the 65 trucks carrying food stuffs and humanitarian aid to pass through and into Gaza.
Israel is being blamed and held accountable - equally for both actions. How can this be?

Again, the interrogatives are:
  • What is the intent?
  • What is the motive?
  • What is the purpose?

(MUSING)

• Macau (China) Population Density (pop./km²) 19,610; GDP (PPP) 2008 estimate
    - Total US$31.271B
  • Monaco Population Density (pop./km²)17,676; GDP (PPP) 2010 estimate
    - Total $4.694B
  • Singapore Population Density (pop./km²) 7,546; GDP (PPP) 2012 estimate
    - Total $327.557B
  • Hong Kong (China) Population Density (pop./km²) 6,482; GDP (PPP) 2011 estimate
    - Total $351.119B
  • Gaza Strip Population Density (pop./km²) 4,725; GDP (PPP) 2009 estimate
    - Total $770M (–)
  • Gibraltar (UK) Population Density (pop./km²) 4,250; GDP (PPP) 2011 estimate
    - Total $1.495B
I believe that our friend PF Tinmore is correct in that it is not about "food;" but conversely, I don't believe it is about "freedom." It is not about being over populated or a shortage of land; other states have done more (4 or 5 times better) with less (by a factor of 3 or 4). It is a political ploy.

The Palestinians shouldn't even need humanitarian aid (and as you can see, they even turn it away). It is just that they don't have the inherent capacity to turn their territory into a productive landscape. They are too busy pursuing the Hamas Prime Directive: No Peace at any cost.

Most Respectfully,
R

A "contradiction to the principles" is a telling phrase considering we are taking about peace and solutions; and since the Palestinians are always such sticklers for international law and humanitarian principles.

A peace agreement with Israel would legitimize the occupation. Legitimizing the occupation would cancel many of their rights. Would it be in their best interest to do so?

The Palestinians shouldn't even need humanitarian aid (and as you can see, they even turn it away). It is just that they don't have the inherent capacity to turn their territory into a productive landscape. They are too busy pursuing the Hamas Prime Directive: No Peace at any cost.

That is a false assumption based on Propaganda.

One third of Gaza's agricultural land has been bulldozed by Israel and hardly a week goes by without another visit by the bulldozers. This takes place even after the most recent ceasefire. Israel kills chickens by the thousand along with other livestock. Hundreds of tons of produce has rotted at the crossings waiting for Israel's permission to ship. Israel has bombed Gaza's only flour mill and other food production facilities.

Gaza is a coastal territory with a vast fishing industry. The Oslo agreement, that Israel signed, says the Palestinians can fish out to 20 miles. However, if they try to fish out more than a few miles, Israel shoots at them, kidnaps them, steals or destroys their boats, and sometimes kills them. Gaza now has to import fish.

About 90% of Gaza's factories ore out of production due to being bombed or simply because they cannot import raw materials or export finished products.

KHAN YOUNIS, (PIC)-- Israeli occupation forces (IOF) entered areas to the east of the southern Gaza Strip town of Qarara on Thursday morning.

Local sources told the PIC reporter that IOF soldiers in a number of armored vehicles raided the area east of Khan Younis city and bulldozed land.

IOF troops routinely breach the calm agreement and launch raids into various border areas in the besieged enclave.

IOF soldiers raid southern Gaza

P F Tinmore, Lipush, Hossfly, et al,

As I often ask:
  • What is the intent?
  • What is the motive?
  • What is the purpose?

The food and aid thing is smokescreen.

It is not a siege on food. It is a siege on freedom. ~ Leila El Haddad

(REFERENCE)

(COMMENT)

As is done in good writing, the theme is an eye catcher presented in the very beginning.

• BLUF: Initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences, are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Insert: HAMAS).

This is counter-intuitive.
  • On the one hand, Hamas and the Palestinians are complaining that Israel has Gaza under siege, and will not permit food stuffs and humanitarian aid to pass through the border.
  • One the other hand, Hamas blocks the 65 trucks carrying food stuffs and humanitarian aid to pass through and into Gaza.
Israel is being blamed and held accountable - equally for both actions. How can this be?

Again, the interrogatives are:
  • What is the intent?
  • What is the motive?
  • What is the purpose?

(MUSING)

• Macau (China) Population Density (pop./km²) 19,610; GDP (PPP) 2008 estimate
    - Total US$31.271B
  • Monaco Population Density (pop./km²)17,676; GDP (PPP) 2010 estimate
    - Total $4.694B
  • Singapore Population Density (pop./km²) 7,546; GDP (PPP) 2012 estimate
    - Total $327.557B
  • Hong Kong (China) Population Density (pop./km²) 6,482; GDP (PPP) 2011 estimate
    - Total $351.119B
  • Gaza Strip Population Density (pop./km²) 4,725; GDP (PPP) 2009 estimate
    - Total $770M (–)
  • Gibraltar (UK) Population Density (pop./km²) 4,250; GDP (PPP) 2011 estimate
    - Total $1.495B
I believe that our friend PF Tinmore is correct in that it is not about "food;" but conversely, I don't believe it is about "freedom." It is not about being over populated or a shortage of land; other states have done more (4 or 5 times better) with less (by a factor of 3 or 4). It is a political ploy.

Most Respectfully,
R

A peace agreement with Israel would legitimize the occupation. Legitimizing the occupation would cancel many of their rights. Would it be in their best interest to do so?

One third of Gaza's agricultural land has been bulldozed by Israel and hardly a week goes by without another visit by the bulldozers. This takes place even after the most recent ceasefire. Israel kills chickens by the thousand along with other livestock. Hundreds of tons of produce has rotted at the crossings waiting for Israel's permission to ship. Israel has bombed Gaza's only flour mill and other food production facilities.

Gaza is a coastal territory with a vast fishing industry. The Oslo agreement, that Israel signed, says the Palestinians can fish out to 20 miles. However, if they try to fish out more than a few miles, Israel shoots at them, kidnaps them, steals or destroys their boats, and sometimes kills them. Gaza now has to import fish.

About 90% of Gaza's factories ore out of production due to being bombed or simply because they cannot import raw materials or export finished products.
Looks like the fishermen were having a good time hauling them in.

Endangered Giant Devil Rays massacred in Gaza - Israel Today | Israel News

Thanks tinnie---thanks for letting us know that
gaza was a PARADISE until 1967 when as you
put it "israel stole their stuff" I am shocked
SO MANY PEOPLE LIED. I read about Gaza as a
child---(pre 1967) when Gaza was described as a
CONCENTRATION CAMP---(1950s) I even saw fake
pictures of barbed wire enclosures and ragged
people dragging water pails from UN water trucks ---
and bags of rice being distributed ----to hungry
people. Then I grew up and met GAZAN LIARS---
who told me about how starved and medically
neglected they were as children---it happened
during a time when one was in hospital
in the USA being treated for the after-effects
of that neglect GEE THEY ALL LIED

I had no idea that Gaza was a PROPEROUS
PARADISE until Israel got there---but why did
Gazans LIE?

Gazans LIE?

You missed the point.

Gazans LIE?

You missed the point.

What point TINNIE----you clearly said that Gazans needed no aid
until ISRAEL STOLE THEIR STUFF-----of course you could
be referring to PRIOR to 1948----in the years that the
cities of "palestine" ---harbored starving arab kids in the gutters---
dying of polio, tuberculosis, cholera and even leprosy----is that
what you meant?-----they needed aid then but the very best
they could hope for was admission into the newly developing
jewish hospitals-----in fact my own hubby roomed with one
when he was hospitalized in Jerusalem for the after
effects of having been born in a shariah shit hole

------Palestine was no paradise tinnie---it was a veritable
petri dish

P F Tinmore, et al,

I'm sorry Paul, but some of this just doesn't fit.

(COMMENT)

You're going to have to let this one go. After every combat engagement of any consequence, there is a period of "Occupation" until territorial integrity is secured. The problem is, the Palestinians and the Arab League have never really give assurances for Peace (territorial integrity is NOT secure). Free roaming Palestinians are an invitation to disaster and assault.

This is a false dilemma made by the Palestinians own hands. It is the classic "which came first, the chicken or the egg" argument. Well --- which comes first, peace or progress --- a Palestinian Attack or the Israeli Retaliation?

(COMMENT)

Nonsense! There is nothing destroyed that can't be rebuilt. Hell, I seen the Amish in Northern Ohio that could rebuild a Flour Mill in a week; including salvage, reclamation and sanitation.
Is your glass half empty or half full? said:
  • The Palestinian says the glass is half empty.
  • The Arab says the glass is half full.

THE ANSWER IS: The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be.
- Unknown American

Which came first, the terrorist attack, or the retaliation? If the Palestinians take a swing at someone, they should be man enough to accept a blood nose, because that is what you get in return; even here in Ohio. Up here, we don't start fights, we finish them --- a pretty common idea among Americans (anyway). And the Israelis have a similar theme.

If the Palestinians were to, in good faith, enter into a Peace Arrangement, there would be more help for them then they would know what to do with; you wouldn't be able to look in any direction on the compass that money wouldn't be flowing from --- it would make the Israelis envious.

Look at any country the US has given post-war help --- today Germany, Japan, Korea --- all are power houses intellectually, culturally, industrially, and economically. They all stand tall. Every day the Palestinians cry like babies over adverse outcomes they derived from the poor leadership and aggressive postures they've taking in the past, the farther behind everyone they will find themselves.

With real peace and cooperation, you may not get what you want today, but you're sure to have a better tomorrow. Look down range towards the future, not to the past.

Most Respectfully,
R

Mr R a serious question----when did the term OCCUPATION
become a dirty word? I do remember that ZIONISM is
a dirty word because I read nazi literature as a child-----but when
I was a child-----my mother had a little ornamental plate on the
wall which was marked "MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPAN"------at that
time----OCCUPIED was so not dirty----that the word was marked
on dinner plates ----and ornamental plates.

I believe ITALY got "OCCUPIED" too-----and lots of Italians
were DELIGHTED -----I saw that in movies long ago.

When did it become legal to slit the throats of the children of
the OCCUPYING POWER?----did the Japanese know?

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

You're going to have to let this one go. After every combat engagement of any consequence, there is a period of "Occupation" until territorial integrity is secured. The problem is, the Palestinians and the Arab League have never really give assurances for Peace (territorial integrity is NOT secure). Free roaming Palestinians are an invitation to disaster and assault.

This is a false dilemma made by the Palestinians own hands. It is the classic "which came first, the chicken or the egg" argument. Well --- which comes first, peace or progress --- a Palestinian Attack or the Israeli Retaliation?

(COMMENT)

Nonsense! There is nothing destroyed that can't be rebuilt. Hell, I seen the Amish in Northern Ohio that could rebuild a Flour Mill in a week; including salvage, reclamation and sanitation.

THE ANSWER IS: The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be.
- Unknown American

Which came first, the terrorist attack, or the retaliation? If the Palestinians take a swing at someone, they should be man enough to accept a blood nose, because that is what you get in return; even here in Ohio. Up here, we don't start fights, we finish them --- a pretty common idea among Americans (anyway). And the Israelis have a similar theme.

If the Palestinians were to, in good faith, enter into a Peace Arrangement, there would be more help for them then they would know what to do with; you wouldn't be able to look in any direction on the compass that money wouldn't be flowing from --- it would make the Israelis envious.

Look at any country the US has given post-war help --- today Germany, Japan, Korea --- all are power houses intellectually, culturally, industrially, and economically. They all stand tall. Every day the Palestinians cry like babies over adverse outcomes they derived from the poor leadership and aggressive postures they've taking in the past, the farther behind everyone they will find themselves.

With real peace and cooperation, you may not get what you want today, but you're sure to have a better tomorrow. Look down range towards the future, not to the past.

Most Respectfully,
R

Indeed, you do have a big problem understanding this conflict. Somehow you got the impression that the Palestinians started this conflict and Israel is merely defending itself.

I don't recall the Palestinians starting the conflict by going to Europe and attacking the Zionists.

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

- Unknown American

Most Respectfully,
R

Indeed, you do have a big problem understanding this conflict. Somehow you got the impression that the Palestinians started this conflict and Israel is merely defending itself.

I don't recall the Palestinians starting the conflict by going to Europe and attacking the Zionists.
They did take a trip to Munich, once upon a time. And don't forget Entebbe. Need I go on?

P F Tinmore, et al,

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

They did take a trip to Munich, once upon a time. And don't forget Entebbe. Need I go on?

Those started the conflict?:cuckoo:

the conflict between jews and muslims started in 629 AD
ie almost 1400 years ago it included murder, rape,
pillage, and land theft and enslavment----and has been
ongoing since---it took the lives of tens of millions of jews

Those started the conflict?:cuckoo:
Did I say so?

I don't recall the Palestinians starting the conflict by going to Europe and attacking the Zionists.[/quote said:
Neither do I tinnie----I do recall that arab muslims comitted a genocide of
ALL the jews of arabia-----and later on invaded neighboring lands and continued
genocidal and oppressive campaigns for the glory of ISLAMIC TRIUMPHALISM
I also recall that according to shariah law jews do not "OWN LAND"----but in
the early 1800s----the ever moderate turks---to the chagrin of islamicists --
did moderate those rules in PALESTINE because they WANTED TO SELL---
so jews migrated to palestine------remember?? ----the ATTACKING began
when some muslims woke up to the fact that jews OWNED LAND----something
like the late 1860s on southern USA when racists like you woke up to the
fact that BLACKS WERE NO LONGER SLAVES -----
The early 1900s that is when the "ATTACKS"
got hot in palestine and jews ended up dismembered and spread about
their backyards in the resulting from the obscene mutilations you so enjoy.

I know you well-----in New York city in the early 1900s ----some people like you
considered the migration of blacks from southern USA to be an "ATTACK"--
so they hanged blacks from LAMP POSTS------in RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION

you are nothing new -----tinnie-----filth like you have roamed the earth for
millenia

Forum List

Back