🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israels Greatest Days

I do not think you know anything about Jesus.

That's OK, l'il sherrithing: nobody here thinks you know anything about Jesus, either.

What would you know about Jesus?

JESUS CHRIST, speaking to the Jews in the Gospel of St. John, VIII:44

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. - then answered the Jews - "
It is amusing how the Muslims read the hate sites and all of a sudden they know all about what Jesus said. Baghdad Bob wouldn't be the first Muslim to bring up this passage nor will he be the last. As one poster on another forum, whose grandfather is a pastor and who has had Bible study since he was a kid, said .... Jesus was talking to a handful of friends with whom he was having a disagreement. He was not referring to all the Jews. I wonder if Jesus were alive today, would he be calling the Muslims the sons of the Devil because they are busy murdering His followers and burning down their churches in Muslim countries. What do you think He would say about this, Bob? Now here is what the poster said, Bob. I think he knows much more than you do.

******The haters have a field day with John's Gospel in part because the traditional translation in the text of the Greek word, "ioudaioi" is incorrect. It's rendered "the Jews" rather than "the Judeans" (ie inhabitants and especially leaders in Judea as opposed to Galilee). The best way to see this is to take a traditional translation of John's Gospel, and every time the word, "Jews" comes up, cross it out and write "Judeans" in its place. Most of the time, the translation reads far better.....especially the many times in which the context is the disciples and Jesus making decisions on crossing into Judea from Galilee. Another proof that the translation is wrong is that in that gospel, while the translation rightly deems the inhabitants of Galilee as Galileans, the inhabitants of Judea are nowhere called Judeans. Each and every time, they are called Jews. Why are they never called Judeans? Because the translators are mistranslating the word ioudaioi as Jews, when it should be Judeans....meaning not all Jews, but Jews from Judea, and specifically, in John's usage, the tiny handful of chief priests and Roman collaborators who represented nobody but themselves and their Roman patrons.

Last edited:
I asked you once already to provide your source for your claim Jesus says "love all children." Still waiting!

Didn't I give you some bible verses for that one? Are you serious, Sherri? You don't believe that Jesus loves all children? Which children doesn't he love? Which children doesn't he want you to love?

You know you remind me of this story about a guy who had a neighbor whose children were wearing rags to school and had no shoes! As the story goes the father was the town achoholic. So a man who was his neighbor and also a member of a local church ( as you claim to be ) said the bible says if a man won't work, neither will he eat. So I won't help those children even though they are my neighbors because the father is responsible and I can't stand him!

Now it was within the mans ability to assist these children. He could easily have done it but due to his hatred of these children ( because he didn't like the father ) he never lifted his hand to help them. He denied not one but both of the Lords commandments to love the Lord with all His mind, strength, soul & heart and to love his neighbor as himself ( YES, Sherri! Who is your neighbor would also include children!! ) Did the man love those children? No he did not. Did he go to heaven? No. I don't believe he did. You are still alive. Where there is life there is hope. The bible says if you don't love the person in front of you whom you can see how can you love God who cannot be seen? Wouldn't one be a liar?

-Jeri

Your attendance at church proves nothing. Sitting in your garage will not make you a car.

What is a Christian who is not able to tell anyone anything Jesus said about anything? I keep asking you to show me specific words you are the one claiming Jesus said, and you cannot, what does that say about YOU? And I think about how you started out on this board holding yourself out falsely as a man, you even attacked me for being a woman on a discussion board, accusing me of ignoring my family? And what were you doing, nothing different? The word for that is Hypocrisy! And who are you to decide whether a man you know went to Heaven or not, Jesus said do not judge You write your own parables, pretending to be Jesus? Now that speaks of something much worse, the prince of the world and the ways he deceives, emulating Jesus! And again, you speak of words allegedly of Jesus but you once again do not provide a Bible reference. You do not want anyone here to read the actual words Jesus said, why is that? Sherri

That's OK, l'il sherrithing: nobody here thinks you know anything about Jesus, either.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it. - then answered the Jews - "
It is amusing how the Muslims read the hate sites and all of a sudden they know all about what Jesus said. Baghdad Bob wouldn't be the first Muslim to bring up this passage nor will he be the last. As one poster on another forum, whose grandfather is a pastor and who has had Bible study since he was a kid, said .... Jesus was talking to a handful of friends with whom he was having a disagreement. He was not referring to all the Jews. I wonder if Jesus were alive today, would he be calling the Muslims the sons of the Devil because they are busy murdering His followers and burning down their churches in Muslim countries. What do you think He would say about this, Bob? Now here is what the poster said, Bob. I think he knows much more than you do.

******The haters have a field day with John's Gospel in part because the traditional translation in the text of the Greek word, "ioudaioi" is incorrect. It's rendered "the Jews" rather than "the Judeans" (ie inhabitants and especially leaders in Judea as opposed to Galilee). The best way to see this is to take a traditional translation of John's Gospel, and every time the word, "Jews" comes up, cross it out and write "Judeans" in its place. Most of the time, the translation reads far better.....especially the many times in which the context is the disciples and Jesus making decisions on crossing into Judea from Galilee. Another proof that the translation is wrong is that in that gospel, while the translation rightly deems the inhabitants of Galilee as Galileans, the inhabitants of Judea are nowhere called Judeans. Each and every time, they are called Jews. Why are they never called Judeans? Because the translators are mistranslating the word ioudaioi as Jews, when it should be Judeans....meaning not all Jews, but Jews from Judea, and specifically, in John's usage, the tiny handful of chief priests and Roman collaborators who represented nobody but themselves and their Roman patrons.

Another illustration of the prince of the world's distortions of the Word of God!

Another illustration of the prince of the world's distortions of the Word of God!

Did Jesus say that to a man? Yes. Was the man Jewish? Perhaps, but that is hardly the point. In fact, if you are going on that premise what will you say of his Jewish followers, his disciples, the Apostles, the multitudes who were all Jewish (or mainly) as well, Sherri? You see, your anti semitism simply won't work in the light of scripture because the bible is a "Jewish Book". Do you see that? At least? - Jeremiah

Jesus cries over people like Sherri. She doesn't speak for him.

Yes. Jesus surely weeps over people like Sherri because they are blinded by hatred. She doesn't speak for him and she doesn't speak for me either. ( as a christian ) I find it very troubling.

Didn't I give you some bible verses for that one? Are you serious, Sherri? You don't believe that Jesus loves all children? Which children doesn't he love? Which children doesn't he want you to love?

You know you remind me of this story about a guy who had a neighbor whose children were wearing rags to school and had no shoes! As the story goes the father was the town achoholic. So a man who was his neighbor and also a member of a local church ( as you claim to be ) said the bible says if a man won't work, neither will he eat. So I won't help those children even though they are my neighbors because the father is responsible and I can't stand him!

Now it was within the mans ability to assist these children. He could easily have done it but due to his hatred of these children ( because he didn't like the father ) he never lifted his hand to help them. He denied not one but both of the Lords commandments to love the Lord with all His mind, strength, soul & heart and to love his neighbor as himself ( YES, Sherri! Who is your neighbor would also include children!! ) Did the man love those children? No he did not. Did he go to heaven? No. I don't believe he did. You are still alive. Where there is life there is hope. The bible says if you don't love the person in front of you whom you can see how can you love God who cannot be seen? Wouldn't one be a liar?

-Jeri

Your attendance at church proves nothing. Sitting in your garage will not make you a car.

What is a Christian who is not able to tell anyone anything Jesus said about anything? I keep asking you to show me specific words you are the one claiming Jesus said, and you cannot, what does that say about YOU? And I think about how you started out on this board holding yourself out falsely as a man, you even attacked me for being a woman on a discussion board, accusing me of ignoring my family? And what were you doing, nothing different? The word for that is Hypocrisy! And who are you to decide whether a man you know went to Heaven or not, Jesus said do not judge You write your own parables, pretending to be Jesus? Now that speaks of something much worse, the prince of the world and the ways he deceives, emulating Jesus! And again, you speak of words allegedly of Jesus but you once again do not provide a Bible reference. You do not want anyone here to read the actual words Jesus said, why is that? Sherri

I've already written many bible scriptures pertaining to what Jesus said, Sherri. That is not the trouble here. I know my bible. The trouble here is that you do not have a teachable spirit. You are in rebellion and have created "another jesus" that suits your agenda, your husbands atheism, and is as lifeless and dead as your words on this board. God is not burger king, Sherri. You don't get Him your way. You get him His Way or No Way at all!

-Jeremiah

Did Jesus say that to a man? Yes. Was the man Jewish? Perhaps, but that is hardly the point. In fact, if you are going on that premise what will you say of his Jewish followers, his disciples, the Apostles, the multitudes who were all Jewish (or mainly) as well, Sherri? You see, your anti semitism simply won't work in the light of scripture because the bible is a "Jewish Book". Do you see that? At least? - Jeremiah

If you had read the Bible verse, you would know the answer to that question. Because Jesus Himself answers that question in John 8! And Jesus is not Anti Semitic! Unbelievable, a person claiming they believe in Jesus calling Jesus AntiSemitic! But it is not something I can say I have not seen before, unfortunately.

I've already written many bible scriptures pertaining to what Jesus said, Sherri. That is not the trouble here. I know my bible. The trouble here is that you do not have a teachable spirit. You are in rebellion and have created "another jesus" that suits your agenda, your husbands atheism, and is as lifeless and dead as your words on this board. God is not burger king, Sherri. You don't get Him your way. You get him His Way or No Way at all!

-Jeremiah

Now, look what you just wrote here. You speak of writing bible scriptures, Christians do not write bible scriptures. Christians do not make up words and call them bible scriptures, or take written scriptures and distort them into lies, Christians, if asked about Bible verses, can take a person to a verse in the Bible and prove statements they make are true. But, you, you cannot do any of that, the things real Christians do!

And, no, I am not willing to be taught lessons from the prince of this world!

After Jesus told the Jews who rejectected Him as the Messiah the words He spoke in John 8, the Jews answered Him:

48 The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?”

John 8:48

It reminds me of all the attacks by Zionists on posters, of character attacks, anti semitism, terrorist, terrorist supporter.

Some things never change.

Sherri

Twisting the scriptures to suit your evil agenda will get you nowhere, Sherri. All I can say is you shouldn't be doing what you are doing!

No no no, Jesus cries when the Jews say he's burning in hell in boiling semen and that's he's a sexual pervert who had relations with his donkey. Also saying his Virgin mother is a prostitute all in the Jewish Talmud. Jesus hates people like you.

Zohar 1,160a: "Jews must always try to deceive Christians."

No no no, Jesus cries when the Jews say he's burning in hell in boiling semen and that's he's a sexual pervert who had relations with his donkey. Also saying his Virgin mother is a prostitute all in the Jewish Talmud. Jesus hates people like you.

Who peed in your Cheerios?:eusa_hand:

Jews don't care about Jesus more than we care about Budha.

When Christians used Jesus in their crusades than some Jews cursed him because in his name our people were slaughtered. And that happened only due to Christian violence.

Normally, Jews don't care about Jesus and he has no part in Judaism, for good OR for bad.

You should learn more about Judaism, pal. You say rediculous and baseless things:cuckoo:

When Christians used Jesus in their crusades than some Jews cursed him because in his name our people were slaughtered. And that happened only due to Christian violence.

Normally, Jews don't care about Jesus and he has no part in Judaism, for good OR for bad.

You should learn more about Judaism, pal. You say rediculous and baseless things:cuckoo:

We know about your chief religious authority, the Talmud. You said jews don't care about Jesus, why the hell did you tell Sherri that Jesus would cry about her if you don't associate yourself with him any way? Next time don't do that. And yeah, make me seem like I'm stupid when I post Jewish Talmud quotes. If anyone wants to learn about Judaism they can go to the Talmud....:cool:

The teachings of Christ are not proprietary to one tribe.

They work for anyone.

Wasn't Jesus a jew?

Forum List

Back