Israel's Stranglehold on US Politics

We disagree. My Bible says that Jesus is God. My bible says Mary WAS a virgin until the birth of Jesus and then she had more children. I believe the Bible and you don't.

So you believe the Bible?

So you believe that it's okay to have slaves and to beat them to death...so long as they live a couple of days before they die?

'When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)'

'You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)'

Slavery – Evil Bible .com
Then don't become a Christian would be my advice. Good luck.

I was not asking for me.

You said you believe in the Bible. So I was simply asking you if you believe what the Bible says about slavery - that it is okay to have slaves and okay to beat them to death, provided they live fora couple days before they succumb?
Yes, I believe the Bible. No, I don't believe it is okay to have slaves and beat them and neither does God. Jesus never said it was okay to beat slaves and neither does the NT.

Ummm...yes, God was saying these things.

In the end of Exodus 20:
'
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Tell the Israelites this: ‘You have seen for yourselves that I have spoken to you from heaven:AO)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2074AO" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> 23 Do not make any gods to be alongside me;AP)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2075AP" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.AQ)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2075AQ" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">

24 “‘Make an altarAR)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AR" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offeringsAS)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AS" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my nameAT)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AT" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> to be honored, I will come to you and blessAU)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AU" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">you. 25 If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a toolAV)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2077AV" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> on it. 26 And do not go up to my altar on steps, or your private partsAW)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2078AW" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> may be exposed.’
We disagree. My Bible says that Jesus is God. My bible says Mary WAS a virgin until the birth of Jesus and then she had more children. I believe the Bible and you don't.

So you believe that it's okay to have slaves and to beat them to death...so long as they live a couple of days before they die?

'When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)'

'You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)'

I was not asking for me.

You said you believe in the Bible. So I was simply asking you if you believe what the Bible says about slavery - that it is okay to have slaves and okay to beat them to death, provided they live fora couple days before they succumb?
Yes, I believe the Bible. No, I don't believe it is okay to have slaves and beat them and neither does God. Jesus never said it was okay to beat slaves and neither does the NT.

But God did say those things.

In Exodus 20:
22And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.
  • Exodus 20:23 (KJV)
    Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.
  • Exodus 20:24 (KJV)
    An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
  • Exodus 20:25 (KJV)
    And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
And than in Exodus 21:

it goes on - as God's words - to Exodus 21:20/21

''And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
  • Exodus 21:21 (KJV)
    Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.'
exodus 21 | YouVersion search | The Bible App

These ARE God's words pal.

And the NT is part of the Bible. Or do you ignore the Ten Commandments?
You ignore the difference between the Law of the OT and the end of the law in the NT. You deliberately choose to remain ignorant because you an agenda.

I was not asking for me.

In the end of Exodus 20:
'
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Tell the Israelites this: ‘You have seen for yourselves that I have spoken to you from heaven:AO)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2074AO" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> 23 Do not make any gods to be alongside me;AP)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2075AP" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.AQ)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2075AQ" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">

24 “‘Make an altarAR)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AR" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offeringsAS)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AS" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my nameAT)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AT" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> to be honored, I will come to you and blessAU)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2076AU" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">you. 25 If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a toolAV)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2077AV" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> on it. 26 And do not go up to my altar on steps, or your private partsAW)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-2078AW" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;"> may be exposed.’

I was not asking for me.

In Exodus 20:
22And the Lord said unto Moses, Thus thou shalt say unto the children of Israel, Ye have seen that I have talked with you from heaven.
    Ye shall not make with me gods of silver, neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.
    An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
    And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.
And than in Exodus 21:

''And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
    Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.'

You ignore the difference between the Law of the OT and the end of the law in the NT. You deliberately choose to remain ignorant because you an agenda.

The fact remains that those words I quoted WERE GOD'S WORDS.

True or false, please?

I was not asking for me.

In the end of Exodus 20:
'

I was not asking for me.

In Exodus 20:
And than in Exodus 21:

The fact remains that those words I quoted WERE GOD'S words.

And God NEVER makes mistakes for he is perfect. Right?

So if God said them than THAT is what God wants.
If that's what you want to believe, then believe it.

Foreign-Aid-850x592.jpg

In his latest epistle, the Reverend Chris Hedges warns Israel and its apologists how misplaced charges of anti-Semitism will only expand the ranks of legitimate anti-Semites from the violent cults of far-right, White Christians to the hordes of radical Islam:

Israel’s Stranglehold on American Politics

"Twenty-four state governments’ passage of Israel lobby-backed legislation requiring their workers and contractors, under threat of dismissal, to sign a pro-Israel oath and promise not to support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement is not an anti-Semitic trope.

"It is a fact.

"The shameless decision in 2014 by all 100 U.S. senators, including Bernie Sanders, to pass a Soviet-style plebiscite proposed by the Israel lobby to affirm Israel’s 'right to defend itself' during the 51 days it bombed and shelled homes, water treatment plants, power stations, hospitals and U.N. schools in Gaza, killing 2,251 Palestinians, including 551 children, is not an anti-Semitic trope.

"It is a fact."

The sole criterion of Israel and its lobby in determining who to support for US public office is identifying who backs the far-right agenda of the apartheid state of Israel and who does not.

"Genuine anti-Semitism is irrelevant"

IMO I believe the US & US states should have a policy of NOT supporting terrorists & terrorist states.

IMO it is difficult to do that when the US is also a terrorist state.

OMG what an idiot post from an idiot poster. US is a terror state now? LMAO. Dumbass old man

I was not asking for me.

In the end of Exodus 20:
'

I was not asking for me.

In Exodus 20:
And than in Exodus 21:

Does it not say in the Bible that those were his words?

Yes or no, please?

In the end of Exodus 20:
'

In Exodus 20:
And than in Exodus 21:

Yes or no, please?
I've told you that is what it says. You're right, that's what it says in the Bible. You don't understand the fact that the law is dead and you will not admit that fact.

I was not asking for me.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear."

So, this is the way Jesus desires his followers to be; living in fear & having respect for those that threat their slaves less than dogs.

Sorry, I must be missing something there.
I agree, you're missing a lot.

I understand the use of metaphor & symbolism by men who wrote the bible.

In the end of Exodus 20:
'

In Exodus 20:
And than in Exodus 21:

Yes or no, please?
I've told you that is what it says. You're right, that's what it says in the Bible.

Thank you.

SO you admit that the Bible says that God said that it is alright to beat your slave to death (provided that he lives for one or two days before he dies).

How can you say you believe in the Bible but you don't believe parts of the Bible that quote God?

You cannot be a little pregnant. Either you believe in the Bible...and ALL that is in it...or you don't.

Sounds to me that you only believe those parts of the Bible that you like.

Yes or no, please?
I've told you that is what it says. You're right, that's what it says in the Bible.

Thank you.

SO you admit that the Bible says that God said that it is alright to beat your slave to death (provided that he lives for one or two days before he dies).

How can you say you believe in the Bible but you don't believe parts of the Bible that quote God?

You cannot be a little pregnant. Either you believe in the Bible...and ALL that is in it...or you don't.

Does the NT state that the OT law is dead?

Foreign-Aid-850x592.jpg

In his latest epistle, the Reverend Chris Hedges warns Israel and its apologists how misplaced charges of anti-Semitism will only expand the ranks of legitimate anti-Semites from the violent cults of far-right, White Christians to the hordes of radical Islam:

"Twenty-four state governments’ passage of Israel lobby-backed legislation requiring their workers and contractors, under threat of dismissal, to sign a pro-Israel oath and promise not to support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement is not an anti-Semitic trope.

"It is a fact.

"The shameless decision in 2014 by all 100 U.S. senators, including Bernie Sanders, to pass a Soviet-style plebiscite proposed by the Israel lobby to affirm Israel’s 'right to defend itself' during the 51 days it bombed and shelled homes, water treatment plants, power stations, hospitals and U.N. schools in Gaza, killing 2,251 Palestinians, including 551 children, is not an anti-Semitic trope.

"It is a fact."

The sole criterion of Israel and its lobby in determining who to support for US public office is identifying who backs the far-right agenda of the apartheid state of Israel and who does not.

IMO I believe the US & US states should have a policy of NOT supporting terrorists & terrorist states.

IMO it difficult to do that when the US is also a terrorist state.
You're in good company:

http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/lehre/WS06/pmo/eng/audio/Chomsky.pdf

Noam Chomsky: “What is Terrorism?”

"That brings us back to the question, what is terrorism?

"I have been assuming we understand it.

"Well, what is it?

"Well, there happen to be some easy answers to this.

"There is an official definition.

"You can find it in the US code or in US army manuals.

"A brief statement of it taken from a US army manual is, fair enough, is that terror is the calculated use of violence or the threat of violence to attain political or religious ideological goals through intimidation, coercion, or instilling fear.

"That’s terrorism."

By that "official" definition it is hard to find two bigger terrorist states on the planet than the US and Israel.

Foreign-Aid-850x592.jpg

"It is a fact.

"It is a fact."

OMG what an idiot post from an idiot poster. US is a terror state now? LMAO. Dumbass old man

I made a statement void of personal attacks.

So, you call me an "idiot", a "dumbass", and an, "old man."

You demonstrate perfectly you are void of any argument; no surprise.

Your post is the perfect demonstration of the malignancy that has completely infected USMB.

I was not asking for me.

So, this is the way Jesus desires his followers to be; living in fear & having respect for those that threat their slaves less than dogs.

Cool, so that means when the Bible talks of slaves, it's not talking about real slaves but is only using the word as a metaphor and symbolism, huh.

Yes or no, please?

Thank you.

I haven't a clue. Where is the passage that God specifically states that he was wrong what he said earlier and you actually cannot have slaves or beat them to death?

But even if it does.

God is perfect. He is incapable of making a mistake. He is without sin or weakness.

So he could not say something that later turned out to be a mistake...it is not possible.

So if God said (and he did) that it is okay to have slaves and to kill them...then that is what he meant and feels.

The Lord said it is okay to own slaves and beat them to death. That is fact.

I was not asking for me.

Cool, so that means when the Bible talks of slaves, it's not talking about real slaves but is only using the word as a metaphor and symbolism, huh.

That is merely an assumption by man, concerning a book written by man.

That is merely an assumption by man, concerning a book written by man.
Okay.

Yes or no, please?

Thank you.

I haven't a clue. Where is the passage that God specifically states that he was wrong what he said earlier and you actually cannot have slaves or beat them to death?

But even if it does.

God is perfect. He is incapable of making a mistake. He is without sin or weakness.

So he could not say something that later turned out to be a mistake...it is not possible.

So if God said (and he did) that it is okay to have slaves and to kill them...then that is what he meant and feels.

I agee, you haven't a clue. God is never wrong, but God made a New Covenant. Jesus fulfilled the law and the law is dead. Read the book of Colossians in the New Testament.

Yes or no, please?

Thank you.

But even if it does.

I agee, you haven't a clue. God is never wrong, but God made a New Covenant. Jesus fulfilled the law and the law is dead. Read the book of Colossians in the New Testament.

Colossians is Paul talking...not God. God's words are always priority over man's words.

And if God is never wrong, how can he be wrong when he said that you should be able to own slaves and beat them to death?

Foreign-Aid-850x592.jpg

"It is a fact.

"It is a fact."

The US has been a terrorist state since it was founded on chattel slavery and genocide.

http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/lehre/WS06/pmo/eng/audio/Chomsky.pdf

"...(I)n December 1987, at the peak of the first war on terrorism, that’s when the furor over the plague was peaking.

"The United Nations General Assembly passed a very strong resolution against terrorism, condemning the plague in the strongest terms, calling on every state to fight against it in every possible way. It passed unanimously.

"One country, Honduras, abstained.

"Two votes against; the usual two, United States and Israel.

"Why should the United States and Israel vote against a major resolution condemning terrorism in the strongest terms, in fact pretty much the terms that the Reagan administration was using?

"Well, there is a reason.

"There was one paragraph in that long resolution which said that nothing in this resolution infringes on the rights of people struggling against racist and colonialist regimes or foreign military occupation to continue with their resistance with the assistance of others, other states, states outside in their just cause.

"Well, the United States and Israel can’t accept that.

"The main reason that they couldn’t at the time was because of South Africa.

"South Africa was officially called an ally."

Foreign-Aid-850x592.jpg

"It is a fact.

"It is a fact."

I made a statement void of personal attacks.

So, you call me an "idiot", a "dumbass", and an, "old man."

You demonstrate perfectly you are void of any argument; no surprise.

Your post is the perfect demonstration of the malignancy that has completely infected USMB.

When you call my country a terror state you deserve this and more. That is a giant insult. Now run off and tattle. This is what you do best. My parents came here as immigrants in the 70s and were treated wirh kindness and grace. They love this country and so do I. Your insult is a bannable offense in my view.

Forum List

Back