It is time to kick Millenials out of the home

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I know a lot of them can't find good jobs but there is no way parents have to take care of their kids past a certain age. That age could be 50 or 18 but I really think that it seems unfair that adults can live off of their mom and dad and use the excuse that they can't find a job. Tough shit. Get use to being homeless in this country because that will be the norm.

Ladies...stop dating these dudes that live with their mom and dads. Get a guy with a fuckin job or at least pretends to be looking for one. The guy who is unwilling to work will be the guy you have to take care of later on. You will be working while he is living at home blogging all day. shit...my wife is coming home. Got to stop blogging and tell her that I have applied everywhere for a job.

Parents should be a little easier. Probably their fault they cant find a job. Dumbass voters..

Every situation is different. If the parents are not discommoded by the presence of the adult/child, and the adult/child lives according to the rules of the house, then an "indefinite" living arrangement may be the best option for everyone involved.

Problems arise when the parents ARE discommoded, or when there are other siblings who consider that their interests are being compromised, or when the adult/child uses the arrangement to avoid living as a mature adult.

No parent wants to see his kid living in his car or on the street.

Every situation is different. If the parents are not discommoded by the presence of the adult/child, and the adult/child lives according to the rules of the house, then an "indefinite" living arrangement may be the best option for everyone involved.

Problems arise when the parents ARE discommoded, or when there are other siblings who consider that their interests are being compromised, or when the adult/child uses the arrangement to avoid living as a mature adult.

No parent wants to see his kid living in his car or on the street.

That falls in the catagory of tough shit in life. Why ain't parents of homeless people rescuing them from where they are? It is because parents really don't want to take care of their adult children. They don't want to see them in the gutter but they don't want to take care of them either. Millenials GTFO of the house!

I like the way the Amish do it. The youngest child stays in the family home and takes care of Mom and Dad when they get too old to work the farm. There's no need for Social Security, no burden on society, no rest home expenses, the parents are cared for in their old age, and the sibling who cares for them doesn't have to build a house or farm.

It really was not that long ago that the norm was for multiple generations to live in the same house. Of course, the younger generations were the ones expected to work and provide for the older ones, so you didn't have a 25 year old lounging on the couch while Dad went off to work.

I like the way the Amish do it. The youngest child stays in the family home and takes care of Mom and Dad when they get too old to work the farm. There's no need for Social Security, no burden on society, no rest home expenses, the parents are cared for in their old age, and the sibling who cares for them doesn't have to build a house or farm.

It really was not that long ago that the norm was for multiple generations to live in the same house. Of course, the younger generations were the ones expected to work and provide for the older ones, so you didn't have a 25 year old lounging on the couch while Dad went off to work.

When was this ever true? "It really was not that long ago that the norm was for multiple generations to live in the same house. "

Every parents' dream is to watch their children become homeless one day. :lol:

When was this ever true? "It really was not that long ago that the norm was for multiple generations to live in the same house. "
Before the advent of Social Security and easy travel, when most people didn't travel more than 50 miles from where they were born. Where else are elderly relatives going to live when there are no rest homes?

It used to be kids were so excited to get out of school and would take any job they could get until the offer in their field or interest came along, and would room with friends in an apartment until they could afford their own. The thought of going back home to live was not an option, other than for the summer to work after graduation to save for their first apt share.

In the area I live in, even if you have a regular job you can not afford the rent here in Silicon Valley.
You need at least a B/A with some talent for a good paying job and to be able to afford to live in this area.

If the kids are working and buying their own food, and going to school I don't have a problem with it..
If they want to lay around and play video games all day = Out of the house.

I had to do it,

I know retired people who went back to work to support adult children still living with them. The adult children use college as a scam. By the artful use of dropping classes and changing majors, they can stay in college indefinitely. They become professional students. Suggest that they work and it's an angry "you don't want me to get an education.".

I had to do it,

I know retired people who went back to work to support adult children still living with them. The adult children use college as a scam. By the artful use of dropping classes and changing majors, they can stay in college indefinitely. They become professional students. Suggest that they work and it's an angry "you don't want me to get an education.".
The way to handle that - "This is what I will contribute to your education. Anything else is up to you".

It is time to kick Millenials out of the home
Just add another to the list....kick the elderly out in the street, kick the sick out in the street, kick the poor out in the street, and now kick their own kids out in the street. Ah, the compassion of the evangelical right.

It is very compassionate to force an able bodied adult to fend for himself. What's the alternative? Create a self-centered and narcissistic whiny baby who think the world owes him a living? Sorry, we have far too many of these today.

I have been on my own since I was 18, with an ocean between me and my parents. I was never more than one month between jobs. I educated myself and self-taught computer programming. (Sadly, COBOL is now an extinct computer language). I am comfortably retired after raising two kids, who only stayed with us for visits.

I have absolutely no sympathy for free loading hangers-on.

Forum List

Back