It just dawned on me? God didnt create sin

All the stuff you listed are extensions of our primitive urges.

Is that the atheist religion? Sounds like it.

Religions give followers acceptable paths to satisfy those urges in return for blind obedience.

This sounds like the atheist religion, too.

Sins are highly dependent on who is being sinned against. God is there to bless our evil against the outsider/unbeliever as much as to keep us from doing evil within our circle of faith. It's all very tribal and has no place in modern society. Sins are highly dependent on who is being sinned against.

ten-commandments-list-where-in-the-bible-does-it-talk-about-the-ten-commandments.jpg

Sins are against God in Christianity, but it's Satan who tempts and leads us to evil. We have the Ten Commandments and it shows us that no one is free from sin. Can you keep it?

God is there to bless our evil against the outsider/unbeliever as much as to keep us from doing evil within our circle of faith. It's all very tribal and has no place in modern society.

Again, Satan is there to condone evil... It goes to show that you ignore Satan and blame things on God by saying he "is there to bless our evil against the outsider/unbeliever." The first four commandments are against God while the last six are against humans. Thus, you have this way wrong.

Is it possible to keep all 10 commandments? Sure. The reason God gave them to us was to try to ensure the survival of the human race.

I'll give you a quick rundown of each...........................

1. Thou shalt not have any other gods before Me. Simple............if you worship something other than God, He won't be willing to help you out if you need it.

2. Thou shalt not worship any graven image. Simple.............the image isn't alive, and has no power. You might as well worship a rock.

3. Thou shalt not take God's name in vain. Think about this...............if your neighbor is constantly calling you nasty names and swearing at you, if they come up to you one day and ask for help, are you going to help them? Probably not. God is the same way. I mean, after all, we were created in His image.

4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy. Stress kills people, so if you don't take a bit of time off once in a while, you end up killing yourself, so take a day off to talk with God and relax.

5. Honor thy father and thy mother. They are the reason you are here in the first place. You can't dishonor your parents without dishonoring yourself. Have some self respect, and respect for your family.

6. Thou shalt not murder (by the way, that is what the original says). Why? Because if you murder someone, they might have friends or family that will come to kill you.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Why? If you are screwing around on your spouse, they, or the spouse of the person you're cheating with, might come after you to kill or injure you.

8. Thou shalt not steal. Why? Steal from the wrong person like a cartel or a drug dealer, and they will come to kill you.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Why? Lie to the right person, and they might want to take you out. Same with lying to your doctor, because if you do that, he might misdiagnose you and you will die.

10. Thou shalt not covet. Why? Because if you covet something long enough that is not yours, then eventually it will lead to stealing or killing the person to get the thing you covet.

In reality, the 10 Commandments are there to ensure the survival of the human race.
The ten commandments are only part of a much larger body of work that requires or prohibits a whole lot of stuff we totally ignore. When we lived in caves and tents laws were for the tribe and did not apply to the rest of humanity. The old testament tells of bunch of times the Israelites pulled up to a Philistine city and killed every last person and destroyed their city so that not one stone stood upon another. Was this mass murder? Not according to the men who wrote the ten commandments.

Sins are against God in Christianity, but it's Satan who tempts and leads us to evil. We have the Ten Commandments and it shows us that no one is free from sin. Can you keep it?
the "10 commandments" were destroyed - no one knows what they were or for certain how many there were in number. destroyed by the same guy that supposedly wrote the first few chapters of the desert religions text. good luck believing that deceiver.

what is the point of bring satan into a discussion about life on Earth - if the point was to have confronted the serpent while in the garden then that would be the objective by living on Earth to triumph over evil for remission back to the Everlasting - christians and their false 4th century messiah will never fulfill the role given to a&e and continue to placate the serpent rather than punish them for their devious behavior.

God created sin by making the rules

I don't think so. The government doesn't create the crimes by passing laws. People commit crimes and the government enacts laws to punish them for those crimes. The law didn't create thieves and murderers.
Right you are. God created man with a conscience and the laws are derived from the right and wrong that is written down in the conscience of all man.

''sinning'' is ''natural....everyone ''''sins'''..we can't help it = natural
Actually, we can help it. We just choose not to.

Anything you can't help isn't a sin.
so, as I've asked numerous times and just asked Skull, how come males commit 85% of murders? how come females choose so ''wisely''?
--also--to add even more numbers to the overall equation/etc--how come blacks commit murder at four times the rate of whites?
Those statistics have nothing to do with having free will. You should probably look at the differences between the sexes and their rolls in society if you want an explanation of those rates.

so, as I've asked numerous times and just asked Skull, how come males commit 85% of murders? how come females choose so ''wisely''?
--also--to add even more numbers to the overall equation/etc--how come blacks commit murder at four times the rate of whites?
Those statistics have nothing to do with having free will. You should probably look at the differences between the sexes and their rolls in society if you want an explanation of those rates.
hahahhahaha--sure--forget the facts-----hahahahahahahahahahah
..you--also- DON'T want to answer it because it verifies what I said

I don't think so. The government doesn't create the crimes by passing laws. People commit crimes and the government enacts laws to punish them for those crimes. The law didn't create thieves and murderers.
Government made them a crime
If there was no law against stealing for profit...would you feel it be acceptable to steal for profit?

I hope not.

The law didn't create the crime...it merely codified it. Has that process taken on a life of its own...yes...but that is a different topic about the evils of government for us to disaree on. :D
The law made some things crimes and others not.

Adultery is a sin, it is not a crime

You're trying to get an answer to why oranges don't rot in the sun as quickly as bananas do. So laugh away and don't give a thought to how dumb your question is.

If there was no law against stealing for profit...would you feel it be acceptable to steal for profit?

I hope not.

The law didn't create the crime...it merely codified it. Has that process taken on a life of its own...yes...but that is a different topic about the evils of government for us to disaree on. :D

Under the law adultery carried the death penalty. As the Messiah Jesus changed that and Christians are no longer directed to execute anyone for anything - Romans 13:1-5 shows that God has given governments the right to "bear the sword" - not us. (if we are no part of this world as Jesus taught)

The most severe punishment true Christians are to sentence sinners is disfellowshipping - see 1 Corinthians 5:9-13..

You're trying to get an answer to why oranges don't rot in the sun as quickly as bananas do. So laugh away and don't give a thought to how dumb your question is.
o--and another thing .....please answer this [ if you are not afraid--like with the other question ]
..how come YOU sin, if it's so easy to choose not to?

I hope not.

Under the law adultery carried the death penalty. As the Messiah Jesus changed that and Christians are no longer directed to execute anyone for anything - Romans 13:1-5 shows that God has given governments the right to "bear the sword" - not us. (if we are no part of this world as Jesus taught)

The most severe punishment true Christians are to sentence sinners is disfellowshipping - see 1 Corinthians 5:9-13..
Eye for an eye

Right you are. God created man with a conscience and the laws are derived from the right and wrong that is written down in the conscience of all man.
Your musings about right and wrong depend upon the flavor of the month gods. Ancient Egyptians married brother to sister which was "right" in the view of their gods.

Noah and his immediate family (per the fable), ended their pleasure cruise with familial relations and incestuous relations as the means to repopulate the planet.

o--and another thing .....please answer this [ if you are not afraid--like with the other question ]

When, pray tell, did I ever say it was easy to choose not to sin? Especially considering the fact that to even look at someone with lust in our heart is a sin? We have free will. That we are able to choose doesn't mean we will always choose wisely. Free will simply means we are not just robots.

Your musings about right and wrong depend upon the flavor of the month gods. Ancient Egyptians married brother to sister which was "right" in the view of their gods.

Noah and his immediate family (per the fable), ended their pleasure cruise with familial relations and incestuous relations as the means to repopulate the planet.

My "musing" concerning man having a conscience?
I fail to see what your examples have to do with that.

When, pray tell, did I ever say it was easy to choose not to sin? Especially considering the fact that to even look at someone with lust in our heart is a sin? We have free will. That we are able to choose doesn't mean we will always choose wisely. Free will simply means we are not just robots.
you said we have FREE will....free meaning it's easy ....also you said '''''Actually, we can help it. We just choose not to.''''!! we can help it--but we choose not to!!!!!???? that's very interesting
...WHY do we choose not to??....it should be '''easy'''....I won't lust/be jealous/etc..so we would rather sin, than not sin....!!????
AND you're not answering the question--again!! how come you sin?..you know it's wrong, but you still do it!!!! why?

....you people are afraid that we are more like animals than you want to believe

...if it's not easy = no free will !!!!

you said we have FREE will....free meaning it's easy ....also you said '''''Actually, we can help it. We just choose not to.''''!! we can help it--but we choose not to!!!!!???? that's very interesting
...WHY do we choose not to??....it should be '''easy'''....I won't lust/be jealous/etc..so we would rather sin, than not sin....!!????
AND you're not answering the question--again!! how come you sin?..you know it's wrong, but you still do it!!!! why?

....you people are afraid that we are more like animals than you want to believe

Tell me. Can you chose to sit in the chair or stand on the chair and jump off? It's an easy choice, right? You see it's raining. You can choose to stay in the house or go outside and play in the rain. We can choose not to go out in the rain, right?

We have many choices in life.

Animals vs. Man - Animals have a free will only within their instinctual boundaries. They have no conscience, only instinct. Surely you see the difference?

The question? How come I sin? Well, I am no longer under the law, so "sin" is not accounted to me nor does it have power over me. Which, of course, is not the answer you're looking for. :)

Why do people sin? Because they are weak human beings. We were created to be one with God. We sin because we are outside of God. Once we are saved, we have the Spirit dwelling in us and sin no longer has dominion over us. It is that power within that gives us the strength to resist the temptations to sin. Sin no longer has the power over us that we thought it did.

Tell me. Can you chose to sit in the chair or stand on the chair and jump off? It's an easy choice, right? You see it's raining. You can choose to stay in the house or go outside and play in the rain. We can choose not to go out in the rain, right?

Animals vs. Man - Animals have a free will only within their instinctual boundaries. They have no conscience, only instinct. Surely you see the difference?

The question? How come I sin? Well, I am no longer under the law, so "sin" is not accounted to me nor does it have power over me. Which, of course, is not the answer you're looking for. :)

Why do people sin? Because they are weak human beings. We were created to be one with God. We sin because we are outside of God. Once we are saved, we have the Spirit dwelling in us and sin no longer has dominion over us. It is that power within that gives us the strength to resist the temptations to sin. Sin no longer has the power over us that we thought it did.
........your analogies are not analogies at all = playing in the rain and jumping off a chair --AND those are not natural like eating/sex/anger
....you made the Freudian Slip, by saying it's not easy = something is hindering the choice
....also, you mention god---as I've stated many times on USMB, there is no god, so your answer is without credibility or fact....I give facts [ murder rates/etc ]

You know, I wrote about why the 10 Commandments are here, as well as explained that it's pretty easy to keep them once you know why they are there.

Anyone who says they can't keep the 10 Commandments because it's too hard isn't really trying, or they keep falling back on that old Christian excuse of "it's okay, I'm forgiven".

........your analogies are not analogies at all = playing in the rain and jumping off a chair --AND those are not natural like eating/sex/anger
....you made the Freudian Slip, by saying it's not easy = something is hindering the choice
....also, you mention god---as I've stated many times on USMB, there is no god, so your answer is without credibility or fact....I give facts [ murder rates/etc ]
Human nature is hindering our choice as to whether to obey our conscience or not. The LUSTS of the eyes, the Lusts of the FLESH, and the PRIDE of life. That has nothing....zero....zilch....nada to do with your statistics, because all those statistics are referring to human beings. Are they not?

Whether you've stated many times "there is no god" means nothing to me.

Scripture tells me the FOOL has said in his heart there is no god. That does tell me something, though.

Human nature is hindering our choice as to whether to obey our conscience or not. The LUSTS of the eyes, the Lusts of the FLESH, and the PRIDE of life. That has nothing....zero....zilch....nada to do with your statistics, because all those statistics are referring to human beings. Are they not?

Scripture tells me the FOOL has said in his heart there is no god. That does tell me something, though.
hahahahhahaah = you have nothing to dispute my facts
...sure, you don't want to deal with facts, you want to deal with fairytales..
..scriptures = opinions and standard man made fairytales
...so you claim god says this/etc --but you can't prove there is a god = you have nothing

....the fool is the one who believes in something that is not there= god

Forum List

Back