Italian president set to ask Matteo Renzi to form new government

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
I guess Italy is ready to move on from Berlusconi.<my comment

Italian president set to ask Matteo Renzi to form new government | World news | theguardian.com

Matteo Renzi, the 39-year-old mayor of Florence and centre-left leader, is expected to be asked by Italy's president to form a new government on Monday after he orchestrated a party revolt to oust the prime minister, Enrico Letta.

The Democratic party (PD) chief, who will become Italy's youngest ever prime minister if he is able to form a government, will meet the head of state, Giorgio Napolitano, at the presidential palace at 10.30am local time. On Sunday he was warned he must listen to the demands of the centre-right party likely to be his major coalition partner or risk not having its support in parliament.
<more>

Gee, I wish we could do something like that here in America. But our Democratic party is too much in love with the current form of government to change it.

What do you have in mind? Oh'yesss, let's cut science, infrastructure and bomb iran! Real smart.

Lets start by explaining what science and infrastructure have to do with my post.

Gee, I wish we could do something like that here in America. But our Democratic party is too much in love with the current form of government to change it.

What do you have in mind? Oh'yesss, let's cut science, infrastructure and bomb iran! Real smart.

Lets start by explaining what science and infrastructure have to do with my post.

Nothing. But Matthew is the least imaginative poster here and throws that crap in whenever he posts. I've pointed out the Soviet Union spent tons of money on those things and only destroyed itself in the process. Governmetn doesnt invest money. Government spends money.

Nothing. But Matthew is the least imaginative poster here and throws that crap in whenever he posts. I've pointed out the Soviet Union spent tons of money on those things and only destroyed itself in the process. Government doesn't invest money. Government spends money.

wastes*

Fixed it for you.

I don't even understand what that means, 'form a new government.' Everybody resigns and goes off to a tent in a field and announces they're now the new government? :)

Not really.

Italy has had 44 Prime ministers since world War II. By comparison, America has had 11 Presidents.

Not sure why anyone would want that kind of chaos.

Wow, even a blind pig. Finally I agree with you, Joe.

I don't even understand what that means, 'form a new government.' Everybody resigns and goes off to a tent in a field and announces they're now the new government? :)

It happens in parliamentary systems. The different parties' officials all step down and they jockey to see who can put together a coalition and then agree on who can lead it, and then appoint all the various ministers.

Forum List

Back