It’s Happening: A Case That Could Seriously Undermine Roe v. Wade Is Before SCOTUS

A Case That Could Seriously Undermine Roe v. Wade Is Before SCOTUS

Pro-aborts have seen the writing on the wall, Roe v. Wade will soon be overturned, or in someway rendered irrelevant indirectly by Louisiana's law that abortion doctors have to have hospital privileges.

That's why the push is on to have the states go beyond Roe v. Wade to legalize abortion all the way to the moment of birth, like they have just done in New York, and they tried to do in Virginia.

It will become a state to state battle and our nation will be divided between life states and death states, in the same way the states were once divided between free states and slave states.

There are maybe two justices right now that might support the overturning of RvW...neither of which were appointed by Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

There are two Justices right now who favor it in a general, overall sense. That doesn't mean the others can't be swayed by the right arguments and evidence in the right case. If all their decisions were set in stone prior to ever hearing a case, there'd be no point in hearing the cases at all.

The law passed in Louisiana requires doctors performing abortions to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital. I expect the United States Supreme Court (SCOTUS) will find this restriction on abortions to be unconstitutional. My belief is based upon a SCOTUS decision in a similar case back in 2016. The entire decision is quite lengthy so I will give just two relevant excerpts

In 2013, the Texas Legislature enacted House Bill 2 (H. B. 2), which contains the two provisions challenged here. The "admittingprivileges requirement" provides that a "physician performing or inducing an abortion ... must, on the date [of service], have active admitting privileges at a hospital ... located not further than 30 miles from the" abortion facility. The "surgical-center requirement" requires an "abortion facility" to meet the "minimum standards ... for ambulatory surgical centers" under Texas law.

We conclude that neither of these provisions confers medical benefits sufficient to justify the burdens upon access that each imposes. Each places a substantial obstacle in the path of women seeking a previability abortion, each constitutes an undue burden on abortion access, Casey, supra, at 878, 112 S.Ct. 2791 (plurality opinion), and each violates the Federal Constitution. Amdt. 14, § 1.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=12719084930434459940&q=Whole+Woman%E2%80%99s+Health+v.+Hellerstedt&hl=en&as_sdt=40006&as_vis=1
Concerning law and predictability of decision making, you are correct. The fear however is that after spending hundreds of millions of dollars on getting Gorsuch and Kavenaugh, the anti-abortion lobby will achieve its goal of effectively overruling Roe and Casey by making the right to terminate a pregnancy in even the first trimester a state, and not a federal, constitutional matter. And if the anti-abortion lobby doesn't get the result it believes is rightfully theirs, what will they do?

That's why democrats want abortions to be performed by hires right off the street.
That's true, New York has brought back back alley abortions, only they will be performed inside the clinic.

It is a mystery to me how abortion advocates can insist that they're concerned about the best interests of women, and then fight to have serious, risky medical procedures performed by any schlub who wanders in off the street.
It's no more dangerous that any other outpatient procedure. LOL

Pro-aborts have seen the writing on the wall, Roe v. Wade will soon be overturned, or in someway rendered irrelevant indirectly by Louisiana's law that abortion doctors have to have hospital privileges.

That's why the push is on to have the states go beyond Roe v. Wade to legalize abortion all the way to the moment of birth, like they have just done in New York, and they tried to do in Virginia.

It will become a state to state battle and our nation will be divided between life states and death states, in the same way the states were once divided between free states and slave states.
Don't like abortions, don't have one. But don't try to control women's bodies. Before you know it, the majority of women just might pass laws controlling men's bodies.

Don't like abortions, don't have one. But don't try to control women's bodies. Before you know it, the majority of women just might pass laws controlling men's bodies.
Nah... We’ll just keep lobbying to defend the defenseless against killers.

Which you only do to feel self righteous. If you truly cared about preventing abortions, you would be undertaken the proven effective steps to do so.

Ya know, precedence was set. Liberals had nothing to worry about - no way in hell Roe v. Wade gets overturned, no matter who does / did any amount of talking.....

...and then the Ultra Extremist Leftists who have hijacked the Democratic Party gets 'intoxicated' over a mild mid-term bit of success, becomes 'euphoric', and foes too far by trying to play 'WHO CAN OUT-LIBERAL EXTREMIST THE OTHER'.

NY Liberals stand, applaud, and cheer after passing a Pro-Baby Murder' Bill that suddenly allows a non-doctor to kill a viable child - well past the point where the baby has a heartbeat, thoughts, and feels pain - can be murdered all the way up to the day it is to be born by simply defining a 'baby' as one 'that has been completely been born' - completely out of the womb....meaning as log as you keep (just) the HEAD of the 'fetus' inside the mother you can ram a stake into its skull, scramble its little brain / kill the 'fetus', drag it out, and still be able to call it an 'ABORTION'.

NOT TO BE OUTDONE, other Democrats pass an even more barbaric abortion bill as their Governor gushes over being able to kill a 'BABY' now AFTER it is born.

(Obama, prior to becoming President, defended the 'right' to murder a living, breathing baby on the medical table that survived a failed abortion attempt, stating the death of the 'fetus' was what the parent had intended so that intent should be honored even after the baby is out, again, having survived a failed abortion attempt.)

At this point, with the baby out of the mother, we - these Liberal Extremists - are talking about INFANTCIDE.

This might be where the USSC Justices declare Pro-Murder/Abortionists have gone TOO FAR. I can only hope so.

If not, what is the next step for pro-murder 'Abortion' extremists? Parents can murder a child up to 5 - 6yo because the responsibility of raising a child is too emotionally / economically challenging and still legally be able to call it a 'LATE-TERM' / 'POST-BIRTH' Abortion?!

Except when someone grows the brains and nerve to point out that it’s a man’s baby, too, stipulated upon the contract of copulation.
Sorry...never will and never should happen. You can give up on that fantasy right now.
“Never”... Famous last words...
Not worried....
Good... All the better for advancing men’s, and fathers rights...

Except when someone grows the brains and nerve to point out that it’s a man’s baby, too, stipulated upon the contract of copulation.
Sorry...never will and never should happen. You can give up on that fantasy right now.
Not worried....
Actually, I only spoke to that one "right", which isn't a right and will never be. The same principle by which we legalize abortion -- woman's choice -- will prevent that silly "right".

Not worried....
Actually, I only spoke to that one "right", which isn't a right and will never be. The same principle by which we legalize abortion -- woman's choice -- will prevent that silly "right".
I don’t really much care what you thought you were talking about. Or what you “consider” to be a right. I find it more productive to get the laws corrected; and leave you to think what you want. I’m not trying to change your mind. We’re working to change the law. But you’re “not worried”. So I guess we’re done here. Catch you around...

That's why democrats want abortions to be performed by hires right off the street.
That's true, New York has brought back back alley abortions, only they will be performed inside the clinic.

It is a mystery to me how abortion advocates can insist that they're concerned about the best interests of women, and then fight to have serious, risky medical procedures performed by any schlub who wanders in off the street.
It's no more dangerous that any other outpatient procedure. LOL

I'm trying to think of any other outpatient medical procedure which can be performed by someone with little to no training and no license, and I'm drawing a blank.

And that's leaving aside the fact that you're wrong, and become more wrong as the pregnancy gets farther along. In this case, the risky medical procedure I'm talking about is late-term abortions, which NY's new law now will allow to be done by people other than full, licensed physicians.

Which you only do to feel self righteous. If you truly cared about preventing abortions, you would be undertaken the proven effective steps to do so.

Show of hands, everyone who gives a rat's ass about Fort's "knowledge" of your motivations for being pro-life.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone feeling the need to justify their beliefs to Fort by meeting his standard of how you should enact them "If you truly cared", which he doesn't, but he knows SOOOO much more than you do about how it should be done?

th

How about we'll go right on with doing what we think is right for the reasons we think we should, and go right on being not the slightest bit interested in any "moral standard" - or anything else - presented by you. And you can focus your attention on that pesky "how to be an actual person" problem that seems to be giving you so much trouble. 'Kay? Good.

If men could get pregnant there would be abortion clinics every four blocks.

This is probably because you're not actually making an intelligent, meaningful point at all, but I'm having a very hard time trying to figure out what point it is you think you're "brilliantly" making here.

Is it that men are even more self-absorbed and amoral than women? Even more incapable of doing the right thing in a tough situation?

Or is it that only men are pro-life, and it's only to oppress women? And, by corollary, all women are therefore fans of abortion as an expression of their "freedom" and "empowerment"? That had better not be your asinine non-point here, especially not if you yourself are not a woman.

So really, what "clever", "incisive", "universal truth" were you mistakenly thinking you were stating?

Forum List

Back