It’s hysterical to me the GOP wanted to give Trump the Nobel prize and yet to the surprise of....

CIC SPUR calls summit cancellation a "tremendous setback". No Nobel for the DOOSH!

upload_2018-5-24_16-46-30.png

Trump's decision to call off
summit
It was President Trump who made the decision this morning to call off the June 12 summit, CBS News' Margaret Brennan reports, according to a senior administration official. Mr. Trump met with Bolton, Pompeo, and the vice president. Some on the "staff level" - specifically Kelly - were also involved in the discussion. The decision to scuttle the summit came after a late-night huddle between Pompeo, Bolton, the vice president and the president, following the North Korean statement slamming Pence. The statement was issued after about 9 p.m. ET yesterday and then generated the late night conversation.
Trump cancels summit: North Korea meeting canceled in letter to Kim Jong-Un today – live updates and reaction - CBS News

LOL! DANG!

trumlg.jpg

Last edited:
It sure is telling how low of standards the left judged Obama on with foreign policy matters, and how high they are with Trump.
Only way Trump could win wit the left is if he ended world poverty, all nukes were destroyed, and the whole world nightly sang Kumbaya in unison. And then, only maybe.

Or he could simply not walk away from such an opportunity and instead refocus his efforts.

...no one NK is back to square one with SK within weeks of that stupid announcement.

Turns out tough talk on the level of maturity of a caveman doesn’t do jack shit to keep our enemies in line. “Fire and fury” is officially useless as an empty threat. Un is always going to think his dick is bigger regardless of the 8th grader shit Trump says. They’re both just two boys on a playground talking shit but with no walk.
I wrote here on the USMB that you are supposed to negotiate FIRST and THEN have the summit.

Trump wanted the summit first. That's nonsense. It's always been nonsense.
You could see where this was going. That's why the whole Nobel thing was one of the most ridiculous of this administration so far.

Trump tried and over the past week obviously expectations broke down to a point were a summit would be useless. I'll never fault a president for trying to settle things peacefully. And from our side at least 3 hostages returned home.

Kkkl
That is a matter of ( mostly partisan) opinion. The thing is we had a deal that put the breaks on nuclear development in Iran, and it did not involve loud posturing, and bellicose threats that gave neither room to maneuver. Or save face. Had they quietly laid the groundwork ahead, we might see different results. So you don’t like the Iran deal? Fine, look at Nixon’s approach to China. The thing is we don’t have a president who studies or is willing to learn from others. He operates impulsively from the gut, and that is not helpful.
You don’t need to capitulate to make deals. Everyone knows that but the worthless government employees that don’t have to produce anything worth a crap to survive. Watch Trump, this is how the real world works. In addition to Un he has put every other country on notice that we are working trade deals with right now. You deal straight or we walk. The political ass kissing days are gone.

Isn’t that exactly what is wrong with things today? Negotiable = capitulation. If each either side gives on anything or meets halfway it is capitulation.

Has there been any major international agreement involving us that did not involve each side giving on some demands?

Watch Trump. What international agreements does he have on his presidential belt? So far...he has pulled us out of three, and negotiated zero. That is how to do it?
Yes it is better. It’s always better to have no deal than a crappy one hanging around your neck. Trump shed the dead weight of stupid deals designed to make a name for the politicians instead of being best for us. You don’t give ground just to be likeable to those you’re negotiating with.
So have had any major negotiated agreements that did not involve some give from both sides? Any?

For some reason the concept of win-win has become toxic to you guys.
Win win is not for you to decide or even shoot for. You negotiate to win, period. Now, when the dealing is over and both sides feel they got something that’s fine and that’s a win win. You don’t start at that point you end there.
Did I say otherwise? That doesn’t alter what I said about how you regard it as capitulation.

You know thinking about this, imo it was Bolton who found a way to get what he wanted all along. The Kim denuclearization thing was not as definite as Team Trump wanted to portray.

On Friday, Mr. Kim and Mr. Moon signed a joint declaration recognizing “a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula” and “complete denuclearization” as a common goal of the two Koreas. But during the summit events, some of which were broadcast live around the world, Mr. Kim never publicly renounced his nuclear weapons.

Even in the additional details released on Sunday by South Korean officials, Mr. Kim appeared to hedge his bets, indicating that denuclearizing his country could be a long process that required multiple rounds of negotiations and steps to build trust. But he laid out a vague idea of what his impoverished country would demand in return for giving up its nuclear weapons.

“If we meet often and build trust with the United States, and if an end to the war and nonaggression are promised, why would we live in difficulty with nuclear weapons?” Mr. Kim was quoted as saying by South Korean officials.
Kim Says He’d End North Korea Nuclear Pursuit for U.S. Truce

Trump's position was that if we promise to not invade, you don't need nukes. Which of course is precisely why any one sane would not give up nukes. Maybe if Jina, SK and Japan all had an agreement to have NK's back if the US decided to invade anyway .... but denuclearization was never a near term deal.

Then Bolton posits the "Libya model." That got Kim's attention. LOL

Bolton should be fired. His Libya comment is what started the NK push back...

No worries. The Nobel committee is way ahead of you on this one. The orange ass clown was in no danger of ever being considered for the prize. much less receiving it.
Nobody cares. Obama ruined that institution forever for the us... along with all the others he destroyed.

Except Obama didn't brag about it, didn't have members of his own party nominate him, didn't do anything to promote it. How embarrassing for Republicans to lick at his heels and nominate him.

Nobody cares. You're the one who should be embarrassed..I'm embarrassed for you every time you post. But you fools don't have enough intelligence or integrity to see what abject scumbags you are.

Nobody cares but for some reason you chose to bring Obama into this.

Trump cares about the Nobel Peace prize he'll never get.

He doesn't care about the Nobel Peace prize idiot.

You seem to care about it a lot. And you seem really butthurt about the fact that Obama filthified it and now nobody cares who gets it...

He doesn’t? You are talking about a man who hung fake Time Man of the Year covers of his image around his properties.

Nobody cares. Obama ruined that institution forever for the us... along with all the others he destroyed.

Except Obama didn't brag about it, didn't have members of his own party nominate him, didn't do anything to promote it. How embarrassing for Republicans to lick at his heels and nominate him.

Nobody cares. You're the one who should be embarrassed..I'm embarrassed for you every time you post. But you fools don't have enough intelligence or integrity to see what abject scumbags you are.

You seem to care about it a lot. And you seem really butthurt about the fact that Obama filthified it and now nobody cares who gets it...

He doesn’t? You are talking about a man who hung fake Time Man of the Year covers of his image around his properties.

oh brother.

His Excellency
Kim Jong Un
Chairman of the State Affairs Commission
of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Chairman:
We greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.
If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.
Sincerely yours,
Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America

Calls him "his excellency," laments the end of the "wonderful dialogue" with a villainous monster that he was so looking forward to hanging out with, praises as a beautiful gesture that Kim senselessly held Americans hostage for years (their release is no change whatsoever from decades of NK policy)

I cannot believe he released this blubbering mess. There is no strongman dictator thug in the world that Trump doesn't love.
Oh please you guys love the mullahs in Iran, Saddam Husien, Yassir Arafat, and other dictators, so stop being a dick.
Flattery works sometimes, its a tool try get the best deal........you know this or you are a complete moron.
You love to invent nonsense when you have no argument :itsok:
No you never post links for your shit, I do. And you guys love you some terrorists and dictators......

mullahs in Iran.....lefties love those, even invite them to speak at colleges in the US
Saddam Hussein....thought he was a great man, wasn't going to hurt anyone, and should stay in power, rape rooms and torture chambers were much better than waterboarding and Gitmo.
and Yassir Arafat.....you guys loved this guy so much you gave him the Nobel Prize for Peace....yes you gave a terrorist the Nobel Peace Prize......LOLOLOLOL

I cant make this stuff up.
Actually both Begin and Arafat were former terrorists.

oh brother.
Oh come on kg...you have to admit that is kind of funky :lol:

oh brother.
Oh come on kg...you have to admit that is kind of funky :lol:

Was it Jimmy Carter that said Americans decided they wanted a Jerk for president...so they elected trumpenstein....

He is actually more of a boasting lunatic than a Jerk....but I am okay with Jerk.

Forum List

Back