"It's not theirs, Its mine"

The federal grand jury seated by special counsel Jack Smith has reportedly heard additional testimony from former Homeland Security officials about Donald Trump’s efforts to seize voting machines following the 2020 election. CNN reports that both former acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf and former Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli testified that Trump went ahead with plans to seize the machines even though they repeatedly told him that he did not have this authority.

A report in January revealed that Trump had drafted at least two versions of an executive order in December 2020, directing the military to seize voting machines after discussions with convicted former national security advisor Michael Flynn and retired Col. Phil Waldron. Waldron was also the author of an extensive presentation in which he claimed that the voting machines had been tampered with by foreign governments. He urged Trump to declare a national emergency and use U.S. marshals and National Guard troops to manage a “secure” election. Trump and Waldron reportedly had multiple meetings with Trump and took his “how to overthrow democracy” slideshow around Washington, where it was played for Republican members of Congress, who were eager to participate.

(full article online)

Hutchinson: “The president said something to the effect of, ‘I’m the f’ing president, take me up to the Capitol now!’ To which Bobby responded, ‘Sir, we have to go back to the West Wing.’ The president reached up to the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm and said, ‘Sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel. We’re going back to the West Wing, we’re not going to the Capitol.’ Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge toward Bobby Engel. And when Mr. Ornoto told the story to me, he motioned toward his clavicle.”
In a period of almost 20 months, Trump moved boxes of classified documents in and out of a storage area in Mar-a-Lago. He also took some documents, including those at the highest classification, to his personal office.

Who, other than Trump, has gone in and out of that office? The Secret Service knows.

Trump may feel like some bodyguard-client privilege protects him from any testimony by these agents, but that is not a thing. Secret Service agents are famously discreet in dealing with the personal information of those they protect. That doesn’t mean they’re going to lie under oath to protect Donald Trump.

According to CBS, there are a number of Secret Service officials slated to appear before the jury “over coming weeks.” That’s probably a good indicator that an indictment against Trump on charges related to the document case is not about to appear tomorrow. But it’s also an indicator that the members of the grand jury and the Justice Department staff involved in the investigation are going to be very aware of actions Trump has taken to lie about the documents he was holding, to shift those documents around to prevent them from being found, and most importantly, to show these classified documents to others.

(full article online)

On fox Trump did explain
quote, I have the right to take stuff, you know they ended up paying Nixon18 million dollars for what he had.
End quote.

".....you know they ended up paying Nixon18 million dollars for what he had.
Well, lemme respond then to 'sartre's post about Nixon's $18 million. (he is quoting Trump)

It is true, Nixon estate got the money for his presidential papers. Then the Presidential Records Act was passed as one way to euchre such actions by disgraced presidents.

Can any of us be surprised that Don Trump thought that if he grabbed enough documents they could be worth millions down the road for him personally? I haven't seen all the arguments for or against that speculation....but for me, personally, I could be persuaded that that was one of his goals for misappropriating these docs.

------------------------------------------------------

BTW, here's some insights on the Nixon docs and the payment to his estate 20 years later: (from the NYT in June of 2000)

"The appeals court ruling opened the way for prolonged legal wranglings over the value of the presidential materials. Mr. Nixon's estate sought about $200 million for the various papers, tapes and photographs. An appraiser for the estate argued that several drafts edited by hand of a 1972 Nixon speech announcing plans for increased bombing in the Vietnam War were together worth about $19,000.

Stephen E. Ambrose, the historian who wrote a multivolume Nixon biography, said the documents were of incalculable value to researchers. Mr. Nixon's insistence that they were his personal property, Mr. Ambrose said, has a precedent reaching back to George Washington.

Still, Mr. Ambrose said the documents generated by a president should never have been considered private property.

''He was being paid by us, the taxpayers, to do his job,'' Mr. Ambrose said. ''Those papers belong to us.''

Well, lemme respond then to 'sartre's post about Nixon's $18 million. (he is quoting Trump)

It is true, Nixon estate got the money for his presidential papers. Then the Presidential Records Act was passed as one way to euchre such actions by disgraced presidents.

Can any of us be surprised that Don Trump thought that if he grabbed enough documents they could be worth millions down the road for him personally? I haven't seen all the arguments for or against that speculation....but for me, personally, I could be persuaded that that was one of his goals for misappropriating these docs.

------------------------------------------------------

BTW, here's some insights on the Nixon docs and the payment to his estate 20 years later: (from the NYT in June of 2000)

"The appeals court ruling opened the way for prolonged legal wranglings over the value of the presidential materials. Mr. Nixon's estate sought about $200 million for the various papers, tapes and photographs. An appraiser for the estate argued that several drafts edited by hand of a 1972 Nixon speech announcing plans for increased bombing in the Vietnam War were together worth about $19,000.

Stephen E. Ambrose, the historian who wrote a multivolume Nixon biography, said the documents were of incalculable value to researchers. Mr. Nixon's insistence that they were his personal property, Mr. Ambrose said, has a precedent reaching back to George Washington.

Still, Mr. Ambrose said the documents generated by a president should never have been considered private property.

''He was being paid by us, the taxpayers, to do his job,'' Mr. Ambrose said. ''Those papers belong to us.''
Trump may have wanted to make some money off of them as Nixon did, but clearly he makes a lot of money, millions, off of his supporters on an almost daily basis.

I am not sure Nixon had such generous supporters.

"“…was purposely given……a Trump HATING Lunatic Prosecutor, Jack “Warthog” Smith, who is a harasser and abuser…..”

You know, I read Trump's Social messages and immediately think of this venue's prolific poster, EMH.
One kinda sorta echoes the other. If not in exact topics....but in tone, and flights of grievance and angst.

Out of mere curiosity, l would wonder if such rhetoric is noticed at the DOJ, or by AG Garland. Or by Speical Prosecutor Smith...and his family. And will such outbursts ....and there have been quite a number of them* ...... will they have any impact whatsoever on the prosecution of possible charges against Trump?

*I heard a snippet of some remarks he made to some group...about Smith. It, like above, was straight off the Bizarro Desk. I will see if I can find it on the internet.

I just gotta think that even the most committed MAGA-fan or QAnon-fan must sometimes wince when they read or hear their Paladin go nutsocrazo like above. "Warthog"??

And then referencing himself in the third person? Who does that?
Yeah, Bizarro Desk, for sure.

And then referencing himself in the third person? Who does that?
Who indeed.

Forum List

Back