It's On!: Kerry Gives Syria One Week To Hand OVer Chemical Weapons Or Face Attack

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Kerry said at a London press conference earlier. With him stating that then that is what Obama will say tomorrow night when he addresses the nation. He will threaten Assad just like Bush 2 told Saddam he had 48hrs or face military action (of course he had congressional approval). An attack on Syria is a done deal no matter if the House votes no the day after Obama's speech. War is inevitable.

John Kerry gives Syria week to hand over chemical weapons or face attack | World news | theguardian.com

They accepted.
I bet my house, both cars and my bank account that this was hashed out over the weekend with Russia and China.
At least I hope. If not - then Kerry just made the 2nd biggest dumbass foreign policy move of the year.

Putin immediately put obama's balls in a vice by proposing the same thing, which Assad immediately agreed to.

Russia To Push Syria To Put Chemical Weapons Under International Control

Undaunted the State Department said the demand was merely rhetorical and didn't mean anything.

Did the US Offer Syrian President an Out? - Yahoo!

America's top diplomat suggested in a passing remark that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad could avoid a U.S.-led strike if he handed over all his chemical weapons, but the State Department quickly dismissed the comment as more of a "rhetorical argument" than an offer.

Too late. Putin has the ball now and he's going to take it for a touchdown.

K
erry said the Americans were planning an "unbelievably small" attack on Syria. "We will be able to hold Bashar al-Assad accountable without engaging in troops on the ground or any other prolonged kind of effort in a very limited, very targeted, short-term effort that degrades his capacity to deliver chemical weapons without assuming responsibility for Syria's civil war. That is exactly what we are talking about doing – unbelievably small, limited kind of effort."

John Kerry gives Syria week to hand over chemical weapons or face attack | World news | theguardian.com

damn that's intimidating :lol:

Putin immediately put obama's balls in a vice by proposing the same thing, which Assad immediately agreed to.

Undaunted the State Department said the demand was merely rhetorical and didn't mean anything.

America's top diplomat suggested in a passing remark that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad could avoid a U.S.-led strike if he handed over all his chemical weapons, but the State Department quickly dismissed the comment as more of a "rhetorical argument" than an offer.

They need to add in the turn over of anyone involved in the chemical attack. They do that and it basically is an acceptable arrangement.

Part of the deal though, has to be russia agreeing to pound them into the ground if they fail to turn over all the weapons.

I don't believe it. Damn. Amateur hour in the White House.
To be out-maneuvered by a buffoon like Putin..how much more embarrassing is this going to get???!!
Once AGAIN this administration comes out and makes a proclamation and has to eat their words. I have to believe that Kerry is getting caught with his pants down like this, twice, because of Obama and not himself. Kerry is not this stupid.

Great stalling tactic--he can drag this on for years. Perhaps Assad should request that the rebels back out of Syria so he can comply with the demands.

Last edited:
They accepted.
I bet my house, both cars and my bank account that this was hashed out over the weekend with Russia and China.
At least I hope. If not - then Kerry just made the 2nd biggest dumbass foreign policy move of the year.

Neither Russia nor China are in any mood to hash anything out with obama.

Kerry made the THIRD biggest dumbass foreign policy move. The Second biggest was the state department saying that Kerry didn't really mean it.

Only obama could make Putin look like the White Knight saving the world from another war.

Hot DAMN but these are interesting times. I just love seeing Putin outfox obama with every move.

Russia to push Syria to surrender chemical weapons

Russia will continue to promote a peaceful settlement and may try to convene a gathering of all Syrian opposition figures to join in negotiations. He added that a U.S. attack on Syria would deal a fatal blow to peace efforts.

Lavrov wouldn't say how Russia could respond to a possible U.S. attack on Syria, saying that "we wouldn't like to proceed from a negative scenario and would primarily take efforts to prevent a military intervention."

That was masterfully done. Just a stellar exhibition of brinksmanship. Now the US is the bad guy, and will deserve what it gets.

In other words "Don't fuck with us, small fry".

I don't believe it. Damn. Amateur hour in the White House.
To be out-maneuvered by a buffoon like Putin..how much more embarrassing is this going to get???!!
Once AGAIN this administration comes out and makes a proclamation and has to eat their words. I have to believe that Kerry is getting caught with his pants down like this, twice, because of Obama and not himself. Kerry is not this stupid.

Obviously Putin is no buffoon. He's a master strategist. He has out foxed and boxed in obama at every turn, every step. As head of the KGB he's not nearly the idiot the community organizer we have is.

Oh snap. obama already made all those taped interviews for a case that is already smashed. Oh this is delicious. It makes my day. The night before obama's big performance too.

I don't like calling people stupid, but Kerry really is stupid.

This is an extremely rash demand. Especially since the President would have to back him up.

We are going to war. And it's not going to be limited like they promised.

Just incredible.
The Obama administration is looking like Maxwell Smart

Attachments

• $MaxwellSmart.jpg
    $MaxwellSmart.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 65
Obama: If Syria uses chemical weapons that will be a red line for us.
Obama2: I never said that.
Kerry: If Syria does not turn over its chemical weapons that will be a red line for us.

Why does Kerry have any more credibility than the POTUS? Why is this threat more credible than the last one?
This gives Russia the chance to look like a big player, convincing Assad to do something the US couldnt. Never mind Assad has no intention of turning over anything that will deter him from using chem weapons in the future.
Our foreign policy has been outsourced to Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Obama: If Syria uses chemical weapons that will be a red line for us.
Obama2: I never said that.
Kerry: If Syria does not turn over its chemical weapons that will be a red line for us.

Why does Kerry have any more credibility than the POTUS? Why is this threat more credible than the last one?
This gives Russia the chance to look like a big player, convincing Assad to do something the US couldnt. Never mind Assad has no intention of turning over anything that will deter him from using chem weapons in the future.
Our foreign policy has been outsourced to Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Putin has just snatched leadership right out of obama's manicured fingertips. Let's hope this is it and obama crumbles instead of lashing out like the infant he is.

This has to be the stupidest, must amaturish administration in history. Kerry also says the attack will be "unbelievable small."

That's good, isn't it? Let's make it as small as meaningless as possible.

Let's face it, the entire operation is to cover Obama's ass after the idiotic comments he made about a red line. It is not worth the blood, treasure, and the unintended consequences. Enough with these ridiculous mid-east adventures.

Can you believe that they are actually sending out Susan Rice to speak for Obama ... AGAIN?

W.H. Sends Out Rice, Who Misled on Benghazi, to Make Case for Syria | The Weekly Standard

Susan Rice famously blamed the Benghazi terror attack that took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, on an Internet video. She further said the terror attack occurred after a spontaneous protest over that anti-Muslim film got out of hand, instead of blaming the al Qaeda backed terrorists responsible for the murders.

"The White House has had quite enough of the controversy over ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, the misleading talking points she used in TV interviews about the jihadist attacks in Benghazi, and the Obama administration’s contradictory narrative about those attacks," Steve Hayes reported in December.

But today, Rice will be called upon again to make a public case for the White House -- this time, she'll be talking about Syria. Except now Rice is the national security adviser, a promotion she received in the last year.

Can you believe that they are actually sending out Susan Rice to speak for Obama ... AGAIN?

W.H. Sends Out Rice, Who Misled on Benghazi, to Make Case for Syria | The Weekly Standard

Susan Rice famously blamed the Benghazi terror attack that took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, on an Internet video. She further said the terror attack occurred after a spontaneous protest over that anti-Muslim film got out of hand, instead of blaming the al Qaeda backed terrorists responsible for the murders.

"The White House has had quite enough of the controversy over ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, the misleading talking points she used in TV interviews about the jihadist attacks in Benghazi, and the Obama administration’s contradictory narrative about those attacks," Steve Hayes reported in December.

But today, Rice will be called upon again to make a public case for the White House -- this time, she'll be talking about Syria. Except now Rice is the national security adviser, a promotion she received in the last year.

She has lots of credibility.
Coming up: They will tap Anthony Wiener to explain the morality of the Administration's position. Then they will get Hillary to speak to the human tragedy of it.
The term "wooden ear" comes to mind here.

Forum List

Back