Its starting ! The seizing of guns.

You brought it up you fucking lunatic. Driving a car is not a Constitutional right.
NO, shit, moron.
What does that have to do with...........ANYTHING?

"Just as driving laws don't prevent accidents or speeding, but they help."
They do, idiot.
Does, the safety on a gun prevent the gun from firing accidently?
It does, when people engage it.

The 1st amendment granted people freedom of speech, to peacefully assemble, and petition the government, without repercussion from the government.

No, the 1st put limits on the power of the government to take away those rights.

WTF?
People have no "natural rights".
If they did, every person, in every country on earth would have these rights, AND................They DON'T.
And never did.

Sure they do. The fact that not every person in every country can exercise them is because their governments deny them the freedom to do so.

If you were alone on an island you would have all those rights naturally.

And that's relevant..............HOW?

It is relevnat in that things that are Constitutional rights cannot be arbitrarily taken away by the Govt.

Driving on public streets is not a right, it is a privilege

No, the 1st put limits on the power of the government to take away those rights.
NO, it doesn't.
The government gave you those rights, the government codified them on paper.
They can take them away, a document can be changed, at last count .........27 times.
Sure they do. The fact that not every person in every country can exercise them is because their governments deny them the freedom to do so.

Only because at that point, you are the citizen and the government..........moot point.

I was watching a western called “big jake”
The cowboy was hired to save someone, but he committed so many felonies, one time before they left for the journey, he threw his son off the horse, that’s domestic violence, according to democrats he should have been striped of his right to own a gun, well today big jake would probably be on meth, because of government regulations.

It is relevnat in that things that are Constitutional rights cannot be arbitrarily taken away by the Govt.
NO, shit.
Of course, they have to have a reasonable argument.
Just like suspending or revoking your driving privilege.
Driving on public streets is not a right, it is a privilege
So, if you're a felon, your right to own a gun is gone.
Firearm Offenses (18 U.S.C. §§ 922, 924)

NO, it doesn't.
The government gave you those rights, the government codified them on paper.

The Govt does not have the power to give those rights, only to restrict them. You will notice the words of the 1st and the 2nd do not mention the rights being given, only limits on what the Govt can do in regards to those rights.

Every human is born with those rights, all governments can do is restrict them to the extent the people will allow it

Just like suspending or revoking your driving privilege.

Good that you now understand that driving is a privilege

So, if you're a felon, your right to own a gun is gone.
Firearm Offenses (18 U.S.C. §§ 922, 924)

Yes, this is wrong in my opinion. It is a clear violation of the 2nd amendment. I think it is wrong to continue to punish people once they have served their time.

The Govt does not have the power to give those rights, only to restrict them. You will notice the words of the 1st and the 2nd do not mention the rights being given, only limits on what the Govt can do in regards to those rights.

Every human is born with those rights, all governments can do is restrict them to the extent the people will allow it
Did you just say the government can put restrictions on our bill or rights? Lol 😂

Did you just say the government can’t put restrictions on our bill or rights? Lol 😂

No, I did not say that at all. Are you still drunk from the big game?

The Bill of Rights is a list of restrictions on the power of the Government, not a list of what they are giving us.

No, I did not say that at all. Are you still drunk from the big game?

The Bill of Rights is a list of restrictions on the power of the Government, not a list of what they are giving us.
I’m sorry did you just say the government CAN put restrictions on our first and second amendment??

Obviously they do.

Libel and slander laws are a restriction on the freedom of speech, for example.
Yelling fire in a crowded theater years later was found to be legal.
Any one lawmaker judge that tries to make an amendment to our first or second amendment should be immediately tried for treason, if not by a Government Court a civilian court.
Restrictions on the second amendment has allowed an invasion on this country. It has caused our major urban culture centers to be destroyed by Third Worlders and commies. The evidence is overwhelming.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater years later was found to be legal.

Get on a plane and tell the flight attendant you have a bomb and see what happens.

Stand in front of the White House and threaten the president and see what happens.

The Govt does not have the power to give those rights,
Yes, they do.
WHO codified them, on paper?
only to restrict them.
You will notice the words of the 1st and the 2nd do not mention the rights being given, only limits on what the Govt can do in regards to those rights.
BS.
They give people the right to speak freely, without government repercussions.................The 1st..........
The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise. It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"The right to petition the government"

The 2nd..........
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms".
Every human is born with those rights,
Say's WHO?
THE GOVERNMENT?
The BIBLE?
all governments can do is restrict them to the extent the people will allow it
Women were NEVER allowed to vote.

Passed by Congress June 4, 1919, and ratified on August 18, 1920, the 19th amendment granted women the right to vote.

Black people weren't US citizens.

The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution (1868) granted African Americans the rights of citizenship.

Get on a plane and tell the flight attendant you have a bomb and see what happens.

Stand in front of the White House and threaten the president and see what happens.
It’s absolutely our right to say. What happens after from tyrants is another thing .. just like the theather will eventually be found innocent.
You sound like a POS tyrant. Thank god for the second amendment.

They give people the right to speak freely, without government repercussions.................The 1st..........
The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise. It protects freedom of speech, the press, assembly, and the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Correct, it protects these things from the government. It does not grant them, it protects them.

Say's WHO?
THE GOVERNMENT?
The BIBLE?

Common sense. You are born with them all even if you are born where there is no government.

Women were NEVER allowed to vote.

Passed by Congress June 4, 1919, and ratified on August 18, 1920, the 19th amendment granted women the right to vote.

Black people weren't US citizens.

The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution (1868) granted African Americans the rights of citizenship.

None of those things are in the Bill of Rights. Voting is a privilege granted to citizens of a certain age.

It’s absolutely our right to say. What happens after from tyrants is another thing .. just like the theather will eventually be found innocent.
You sound like a POS tyrant. Thank god for the second amendment.

As the old saying goes, your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins. If you claim to have a bomb on a plane you have now infringed on the rights of everyone on that plane that is now delayed due to your actions.

If you use your free speech to lie about me and cause me harm you have no infringed on my rights and you do not have the right to do so.

And yes, thank Odin for the 2nd so I can take care of people like you who think their rights trump mine.

Good that you now understand that driving is a privilege
WTF?
Every kid that has studied for their learner's permit knows that.
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

STILL, the SAME as revoking your right to own a weapon, for various law violations.
Privileges and rights have no bearing, the result is the same, what you could do before, the incident, you can no longer do.

Yes, this is wrong in my opinion. It is a clear violation of the 2nd amendment. I think it is wrong to continue to punish people once they have served their time.
I disagree.
When a person commits a robbery, with a gun, commits domestic violence with a gun, commits homicide with a gun..............that "right" for that person should be revoked.

Forum List

Back