It's time republicans faced the truth the rest of us know

You posted it, so it isn't my problem if you don't understand what you posted. I mean damn, if the white people were 100% white supremacists automatically just because they lived in this country when white supremacist laws were in existence, then you have to understand that makes everyone (including your ancestors that might have lived here as well) white supremacists. And if there is any truth to your logic, as long as you live here, it must be because you agree with the laws and the way they are written (don't get me wrong, I think that is incredibly stupid, but you posted it). 100% is 100% and since you want to be equal, own it.
The U.S. isn't a white supremacist country because of who lives here, it's because of the laws that were passed based on the racist belief of white superiority and black inferiorty. THAT is what makes the origins of the U.S. white supremacist - the fact that the founders not only believed it, but that they created laws to enforce these beliefs.

I live here because I have as much right to this country as anyone else who was born here. And things don't change by abandoning them and going somehwhere else. That doesn't mean I agree with all of our laws, few people do, instead we work to do what we can to eliminate the inequalities.

I don't disagree with this at all but the degree to which the world lambasts America for the world's race problems is ridiculous. Great Britain was egregious for their slave trade and colonization for pity's sake, but any random Brit on the internet acts like they've never heard of such a thing if you don't bring it up.....

The Tall Poppy Syndrome, basically.

We are here in America. We are Americans and we are talking about racism in America. I've dealt with British in other forums on this matter and many of them are no different in their denial than whites are here. You talk to them about colonization and they say the same things you guys do, we weren't there, we didn't do it. And America has done plenty of colonizing.

You posted it, so it isn't my problem if you don't understand what you posted. I mean damn, if the white people were 100% white supremacists automatically just because they lived in this country when white supremacist laws were in existence, then you have to understand that makes everyone (including your ancestors that might have lived here as well) white supremacists. And if there is any truth to your logic, as long as you live here, it must be because you agree with the laws and the way they are written (don't get me wrong, I think that is incredibly stupid, but you posted it). 100% is 100% and since you want to be equal, own it.
The U.S. isn't a white supremacist country because of who lives here, it's because of the laws that were passed based on the racist belief of white superiority and black inferiorty. THAT is what makes the origins of the U.S. white supremacist - the fact that the founders not only believed it, but that they created laws to enforce these beliefs.

I live here because I have as much right to this country as anyone else who was born here. And things don't change by abandoning them and going somehwhere else. That doesn't mean I agree with all of our laws, few people do, instead we work to do what we can to eliminate the inequalities.

I don't disagree with this at all but the degree to which the world lambasts America for the world's race problems is ridiculous. Great Britain was egregious for their slave trade and colonization for pity's sake, but any random Brit on the internet acts like they've never heard of such a thing if you don't bring it up.....

We are here in America. We are Americans and we are talking about racism in America. I've dealt with British in other forums on this matter and many of them are no different in their denial than whites are here. You talk to them about colonization and they say the same things you guys do, we weren't there, we didn't do it. And America has done plenty of colonizing.

So, in your estimation. What is the cure for racism? What should we do now.

Put your solutions here:

I'm afraid you are the problem. I have not attributed anything to you. I have said whites decided they were better or supreme. Now does that mean I automatically assume all whites do this? No. But you chose to assume this. First of all learn this, whites like most of those here a USMB make up behaviors for us then pin them on our entire race. Whites have done the things I said, you don't have to like hearing it, but it should never have happened. You want to compare me to white racists, when I only stated what whites have done, not attributed any behavioral trait to an entire race to claim I am superior. White people today, and apparently that includes you, seem to think they can now redefine what racism is.

The “not all whites” argument
Saturday December 17th 2011 by abagond

The “not all whites” argument is a common straw man argument on this blog. I will make some statement about whites and then be informed that “not all whites” are like that, that they are Individuals. Like there is some special rule of English that “whites” always means “all whites”. Even when I say “some whites” or “most whites” it can still be taken to mean “all whites” – since clearly I only put in those words as a cheap trick to fool people.

In America, according to the government numbers, whites are supposedly better at reading than blacks. I would never know that from this blog: Only rarely do black commenters seriously misunderstand me while it is quite common for whites. And this imagined “all” before “whites” – which is not in any grammar book I know of – is one of the main causes.

Example: When I say, “Whites owned slaves” it hardly means they all owned slaves. As far as I know no more than 2% of White Americans ever did. Yet that does not make the statement untrue or meaningless. Because quantity is not the issue – it was never stated. To make quantity the issue is a derailment. To assume it means “All whites owned slaves” is putting words in my mouth and creating a straw man argument.

The “not all whites” argument

Not only are you using a poor argument to fuel your hatred, which is a moral problem, but you are using a logically failed argument to fuel your hatred. See: Affirmative Action, a system put in place that gives systemic preferential treatment to minorities.

But I'm sure AA doesn't count. When you're a hammer, everything is a nail, amirite?

You assume hate which is a moral problem you have because you can't accept truth. Affirmative Action doesn't do what you say. And your claim ignores the reason why the policy was created. Why was the policy crated Sue? And if you are a white female do you understand that YOU have been the one provided the most "preference" by this policy?

You said whites continue to make laws denying rights to black people. Is AA an example of a law that continues to deny rights to black people?

I believe I asked you a couple of questions. Why is it that whites here feel they don't have to answer our questions, then ask a question and talk crazy if we don't answer it?

Affirmative Action Is Great For White Women. So Why Do They Hate It?
The Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the program benefits the women who fought against it most of all.

By Chloe Angyal

"And yet, just as most people think of Title IX as being about athletics funding (there’s a lot more to it than that), the general perception of affirmative action is that it’s “just” about race.

But affirmative action has been quite beneficial to women, and disproportionately beneficial to white women. Women are now more likely to graduate with bachelor’s degrees and attend graduate school than men are and outnumber men on many college campuses. In 1970, just 7.6 percent of physicians in America were women; in 2002, that number had risen to 25.2 percent. But — and this is a big but — those benefits are more likely to accrue to white women than they are to women of color, and that imbalance has very real effects on employment and earnings later in life. In other words: affirmative action works, and it works way better for white women than it does for all the other women in America."

Affirmative Action Is Great For White Women. So Why Do They Hate It? | HuffPost

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

But the battle to erase race from the application review process for admission comes with an interesting paradox: "The primary beneficiaries of affirmative action have been Euro-American women," wrote Columbia University law professor Kimberlé Crenshaw for the University of Michigan Law Review in 2006.

A 1995 report by the California Senate Government Organization Committee found that white women held a majority of managerial jobs (57,250) compared with African Americans (10,500), Latinos (19,000), and Asian Americans (24,600) after the first two decades of affirmative action in the private sector. In 2015, a disproportionate representation of white women business owners set off concerns that New York state would not be able to bridge a racial gap among public contractors.

A 1995 report by the Department of Labor found that 6 million women overall had advances at their job that would not have been possible without affirmative action. The percentage of women physicians tripled between 1970 and 2002, from 7.6 percent to 25.2 percent, and in 2009 women were receiving a majority of bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees, according to the American Association of University Women. To be clear, these numbers include women of all races; however, breaking down affirmative action beneficiaries by race and gender seems to be rare in reported data.

Contrary to popular belief, affirmative action isn't just black. It's white, too. But affirmative action's white female faces are rarely at the center of the conversation.

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

Affirmative Action doesn't do what you say. And your claim ignores the reason why the policy was created. Why was the policy created Sue? And if you are a white female do you understand that YOU have been the one provided the most "preference" by this policy?

OF COURSE white women have benefited most by the numbers--blacks are only 12% of the population, so what do you expect?? What a silly basis for your argument. And did I say I oppose AA? I don't believe I did. Why do you assume so much?

Now we have excuses. I didn't say you opposed anything. You said this:

"Not only are you using a poor argument to fuel your hatred, which is a moral problem, but you are using a logically failed argument to fuel your hatred. See: Affirmative Action, a system put in place that gives systemic preferential treatment to minorities.

But I'm sure AA doesn't count. When you're a hammer, everything is a nail, amirite?"

Now that you were shown there is no systemic preferential treatment to minorities, you make excuses, declare how you aren't opposed to the policy and try claiming I did something I did not do. All that because your booty was gift wrapped and handed to you. Certainly you support AA by making the claims you made.

th

Put your solutions here:

You tell me. Put YOUR solutions down.

Not only are you using a poor argument to fuel your hatred, which is a moral problem, but you are using a logically failed argument to fuel your hatred. See: Affirmative Action, a system put in place that gives systemic preferential treatment to minorities.

But I'm sure AA doesn't count. When you're a hammer, everything is a nail, amirite?

You assume hate which is a moral problem you have because you can't accept truth. Affirmative Action doesn't do what you say. And your claim ignores the reason why the policy was created. Why was the policy crated Sue? And if you are a white female do you understand that YOU have been the one provided the most "preference" by this policy?

You said whites continue to make laws denying rights to black people. Is AA an example of a law that continues to deny rights to black people?

I believe I asked you a couple of questions. Why is it that whites here feel they don't have to answer our questions, then ask a question and talk crazy if we don't answer it?

The Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the program benefits the women who fought against it most of all.

By Chloe Angyal

"And yet, just as most people think of Title IX as being about athletics funding (there’s a lot more to it than that), the general perception of affirmative action is that it’s “just” about race.

But affirmative action has been quite beneficial to women, and disproportionately beneficial to white women. Women are now more likely to graduate with bachelor’s degrees and attend graduate school than men are and outnumber men on many college campuses. In 1970, just 7.6 percent of physicians in America were women; in 2002, that number had risen to 25.2 percent. But — and this is a big but — those benefits are more likely to accrue to white women than they are to women of color, and that imbalance has very real effects on employment and earnings later in life. In other words: affirmative action works, and it works way better for white women than it does for all the other women in America."

But the battle to erase race from the application review process for admission comes with an interesting paradox: "The primary beneficiaries of affirmative action have been Euro-American women," wrote Columbia University law professor Kimberlé Crenshaw for the University of Michigan Law Review in 2006.

A 1995 report by the California Senate Government Organization Committee found that white women held a majority of managerial jobs (57,250) compared with African Americans (10,500), Latinos (19,000), and Asian Americans (24,600) after the first two decades of affirmative action in the private sector. In 2015, a disproportionate representation of white women business owners set off concerns that New York state would not be able to bridge a racial gap among public contractors.

A 1995 report by the Department of Labor found that 6 million women overall had advances at their job that would not have been possible without affirmative action. The percentage of women physicians tripled between 1970 and 2002, from 7.6 percent to 25.2 percent, and in 2009 women were receiving a majority of bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees, according to the American Association of University Women. To be clear, these numbers include women of all races; however, breaking down affirmative action beneficiaries by race and gender seems to be rare in reported data.

Contrary to popular belief, affirmative action isn't just black. It's white, too. But affirmative action's white female faces are rarely at the center of the conversation.

Affirmative Action doesn't do what you say. And your claim ignores the reason why the policy was created. Why was the policy created Sue? And if you are a white female do you understand that YOU have been the one provided the most "preference" by this policy?

OF COURSE white women have benefited most by the numbers--blacks are only 12% of the population, so what do you expect?? What a silly basis for your argument. And did I say I oppose AA? I don't believe I did. Why do you assume so much?

"Not only are you using a poor argument to fuel your hatred, which is a moral problem, but you are using a logically failed argument to fuel your hatred. See: Affirmative Action, a system put in place that gives systemic preferential treatment to minorities.

But I'm sure AA doesn't count. When you're a hammer, everything is a nail, amirite?"

Now that you were shown there is no systemic preferential treatment to minorities, you make excuses, declare how you aren't opposed to the policy and try claiming I did something I did not do. All that because your booty was gift wrapped and handed to you. Certainly you support AA by making the claims you made.

th

Yes, AA has benefited minorities. Just because it has also benefited white women does not mean it has not benefited minorities.

Put your solutions here:

You're the one who's claiming that America has all these problems of Systemic racism; I am not. So, what are YOUR solutions?

Put them here:

Put your solutions here:

You're the one who's claiming that America has all these problems of Systemic racism; I am not. So, what are YOUR solutions?

Put them here:

And therein lies the problem. Whites refuse to accept they have a large role in providing solutions to end the racism in their communities and that they teach to themselves.

Put your solutions here:

Put them here:

And therein lies the problem. Whites refuse to accept they have a large role in providing solutions to end the racism in their communities and that they teach to themselves.

Put your solutions here, no more deflection:

By Chloe Angyal

th

Yes, AA has benefited minorities. Just because it has also benefited white women does not mean it has not benefited minorities.

Whites have been helped the most by this policy. Therefore no systemic preferences exist to minorities. And you still cannot explain why the policy was created.

race relations should not be/is not an important subject
the economy/etc is
what MAJOR racial problems are there--that affect more of the people--more than the economy/taxes/etc?

Why should something that impacts everyone's day to day not be an important subject?
and it's definitely not racism

But racism effects most people's lives in the US on a daily basis.

Look, the US has the worst crime in the First World. It has ghettos where poor people are left to rot, and race has played a massive part in all of that.

By Chloe Angyal

th

Whites have been helped the most by this policy. Therefore no systemic preferences exist to minorities. And you still cannot explain why the policy was created.

You are the one who claims there are big problems and you will not share any ideas about solutions at all. Why not? Won't air them or what?

Put your solutions here:

Put them here:

Explain why affirmative Action was created. Stop deflecting. Now as to my solution.

Put your solutions here:

Put them here:

Explain why affirmative Action was created. Stop deflecting. Now as to my solution.

So you want me to teach to myself that I am racist.

That is your solution?

By Chloe Angyal

th

You are the one who claims there are big problems and you will not share any ideas about solutions at all. Why not? Won't air them or what?

Get it yet? Do you understand the solution I'm suggesting?

race relations should not be/is not an important subject
the economy/etc is
what MAJOR racial problems are there--that affect more of the people--more than the economy/taxes/etc?

Why should something that impacts everyone's day to day not be an important subject?
and it's definitely not racism

But racism effects most people's lives in the US on a daily basis.

Look, the US has the worst crime in the First World. It has ghettos where poor people are left to rot, and race has played a massive part in all of that.
the worst American is doing a lot better than the other countries
I've been all over the world
I've posted and PROVEN many times, Africa is the shithole of the world

Put them here:

So you want me to teach to myself that I am racist.

That is your solution?

Are you really that damn stupid?

th

Get it yet? Do you understand the solution I'm suggesting?

Is your solution that I am to teach to myself and to my children that I am racist, and so are they?

If that is your solution than the answer is simple. I reject it, wholeheartedly and without reservation.

So bringing up the number of black babies that have been eliminated due to abortion is "ignorant"? Why is that ignorant?

Or do you mean it is INCONVENIENT. For you. Yes, I think that's what you mean.
There are several reasons why it's ignorant starting with the fact that you limited the conversation to "black" babies as if white women don't have abortions. But the biggest factor is that you stated that black people should should oppose Roe v Wade BECAUSE it oppresses us, your exact statement being "I can think of a ruling that blacks should absolutely oppose because it oppresses them: Roe v Wade". Why would Roe v Wade only oppress black people but according to you not white people?

Forcing women to give birth to children they don't want to have is exactly what was happening to the black women who were held as slaves and being used as broodmares either to increase the slave owners holdings or as a result of rape by him/them. How in the hell you arrived at the conclusion that taking away a woman's choice over her reproductive life is a good thing is beyond my comprehension so I revert back to my original conclusion that this is nothing more than a deflection.
And if you had bothered to read the Roe v Wade ruing you would know that at least a large part of the reasoning behind the ruling was the acknowledgment that no form of birth control is 100% effective. Convenient, inconveniet or not, it's still the woman's choice to make and 100% legal in this country at this time.

Put your solutions here:

Put them here:

the problem is racism is nowhere near the problem the blacks are to themselves
murder
crime
not graduating
etc

Forum List

Back