It’s Time to Unplug the Hype Over Electric Vehicles

Most people have at least two cars. Many with older children have 3 or 4.
Right now the EV market is pretty much exclusively wealthy and upper middle class.
And I would bet 99% of those have gas vehicles too.
A home can't have one charging station. They are going to need 2-3-4. Now you are talking 200 amps or more just for them.

You don't see the EV huggers talking about this, and most of them don't even own one.

If you had a gas pump at your house, would you need two pumps if you had two cars?

If an EV can go 240 miles on a charge, you might need to charge it once or twice a week. You can alternate which cars are on a charger on any given night.

You are slightly delusional

most if not all the comments here are pro fossil fuel but certainly not anti electric in theory
For some reason

I only see threads started by those saying Electric Vehicles won’t work

Almost like they are being paid by Fossil Fuel. Why else would you care?

I dont have a crystal ball, but it certainly could turn out like I suggested
It won't be electric cars that kills internal combustion engines in our lifetime. Let me know when the first country goes all electric cars. It won't be this one this one. I can tell you that. It won't even attain any kind of parity until it gets the kinks out and reaches parity on being cost effective in the long term. There may very well come a time, when petroleum starts to run out and is used more for generating power, flying planes and powering military vehicles, but not in my lifetime and probably not yours.

For some reason

I only see threads started by those saying Electric Vehicles won’t work

Almost like they are being paid by Fossil Fuel. Why else would you care?
Fossil fuel aka ICE is superior for the majority of consumers

so there are plenty of EV critics

but few if any deny that electric will ever succeed

Fossil fuel aka ICE is superior for the majority of consumers

so there are plenty of EV critics

but few if any deny that electric will ever succeed
Why would you care?

If you love your ICE vehicle, why would you care if others are moving to Electric?

Yet I see constant threads attacking Electric Vehicles

You overestimate how much current an EV is drawing on slow charge.
Much less than your AC or electric dryer you are using during the day

If EVs were using that much current while charging, you would not have so many places offering free charging
You overestimate American drivers' tolerance for driving 3 hours and then sitting idle to charge for 12 hours.

A very big deal
Lead acid batteries were just not practical

Most owners will drive all day and recharge overnight. 250 miles is plenty. On a lengthy trip, you will have to find a fast recharge station and recharge while you are having lunch.
Or better yet, stick to gasoline or diesel, dumbass!

Why do electric vehicles trigger conservatives so much?

Because we value efficiency. Formula 1 races 180 miles or so on a full tank of gas. No refill.

Formula E races 55 miles and has to have TWO cars to do even that.

That is not efficient. That is stupid.

Because we value efficiency. Formula 1 races 180 miles or so on a full tank of gas. No refill.

Formula E races 55 miles and has to have TWO cars to do even that.

That is not efficient. That is stupid.

Oh……..a definite reason nobody should buy an Electric Vehicle

Oh……..a definite reason nobody should buy an Electric Vehicle

Yeah, it is. Until a Tesla inspired broadcast energy system is developed battery powered EV's are a net loss.

Hybrid technology OTOH is currently the way to go.

The writing is on the wall
Politicians are just getting ready
Given the mental state of most "Conservatives" that would not surprise me at all.
I wouldn’t want to be in an EV stranded in this…

Northbound and southbound sections of Interstate 95 near Fredericksburg, Va., are closed Jan. 3 because of snow and ice.

Yeah, it is. Until a Tesla inspired broadcast energy system is developed battery powered EV's are a net loss.

That would be amazing..

Of course that would be Tesla the inventor not Tesla the auto maker

There is no way the government will opt for people sending in their own mileage tax payments.

And FYI it will be more than 2.7 cents per mile.

You are still making it harder than it is
When you register your vehicle or get it inspected, they record your mileage

If you underreported your mileage, you make up the difference

Forum List

Back