It’s time we make Twitter and Facebook public utilities!

Redcurtain

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2020
I would hope when this happens that lawmakers don’t fold to succumb to their terms and conditions. Let free speech rein!
Facebook and Twitter don’t worry you will still make money allowing your sites become public utilities we can all express our political feelings. let’s get it done!

I would hope when this happens that lawmakers don’t fold to succumb to their terms and conditions. Let free speech rein!
Facebook and Twitter don’t worry you will still make money allowing your sites become public utilities we can all express our political feelings. let’s get it done!

State owned information disseminating service? That's what a communist would do.

Utilities are governed at the state level. They have a board which oversees their activities. Boards at the state level are often political appointees. Twitter and Facebook are based in California. They would be regulated by California politicians. Since seeing a herd of unicorns is more likely than Republicans ever winning in California again, Democrats would be regulating what goes on Twitter and Facebook.

I'm sure conservatives would think that was a great idea.

:clap:

So if a private entity does something you disagree with, you want it confiscated? So you can express your feelings? Viva la Freedom!

• Banned

State owned information disseminating service? That's what a communist would do.
No we would implement free-speech not state owned they would still own it just like public utilities it would be regulated so that all speech mattered

• Banned
Utilities are governed at the state level. They have a board which oversees their activities. Boards at the state level are often political appointees. Twitter and Facebook are based in California. They would be regulated by California politicians. Since seeing a herd of unicorns is more likely than Republicans ever winning in California again, Democrats would be regulating what goes on Twitter and Facebook.

I'm sure conservatives would think that was a great idea.

:clap:
Sure why not I would share something from North Dakota .. it will be great

• Banned

So if a private entity does something you disagree with, you want it confiscated? So you can express your feelings? Viva la Freedom!
No I want to two online public platforms to live up to their own language.. And if they won’t we will help them

• Banned

Just think of it as a water utility company.. somebody still owns it but the government make sure the water is filtered and good just like language is just as important as water in America.

No we would implement free-speech not state owned they would still own it just like public utilities it would be regulated so that all speech mattered

You have free speech. Now you want to require that a privately owned entity provides you a platform for it? Good luck.

You have free speech. Now you want to require that a privately owned entity provides you a platform for it? Good luck.
I don’t have free speech on a publicly public square platform, that they have claimed to be which is why billions of people have joined. So now I want my speech treated like water online. Free flowing

I don’t have free speech on a publicly public square platform, that they have claimed to be which is why billions of people have joined. So now I want my speech treated like water online. Free flowing

Just because you are not allowed to say anything you want does not mean you do not have free speech. And just because a private entity has rules does not mean your rights are being violated. The US Constitution does not guarantee the gov't will force a privately owned entity to allow you to say whatever you want.

Just because you are not allowed to say anything you want does not mean you do not have free speech. And just because a private entity has rules does not mean your rights are being violated. The US Constitution does not guarantee the gov't will force a privately owned entity to allow you to say whatever you want.
They are editing content on a platform they say is open to the public that makes them publishers and if they are publishers they should be held accountable for liable laws, campaign finance laws. Don’t invite billions onto your platform as a public form and then say well we’re not we’re going to edit what you’re saying. That fits our political narrative. They are currently working as a agent to the Democratic Party..

Wow, more big, authoritarian government.
No more freedom.. they still own it

So its ok if they still own it, but the gov't regulations it heavily?

Yeah, that is still big, authoritarian government.
Regulating freedom? Yes I’m ok with that.. I like clean water and clean free speech

You are free to start a new version of Twitter and Facebook. Confiscating the rights of the private property owner because of hurt feeling is not acceptable.

Wow, more big, authoritarian government.
No more freedom.. they still own it

So its ok if they still own it, but the gov't regulations it heavily?

Yeah, that is still big, authoritarian government.
Regulating freedom? Yes I’m ok with that.. I like clean water and clean free speech

You are free to start a new version of Twitter and Facebook. Confiscating the rights of the private property owner because of hurt feeling is not acceptable.
I did on a open platform, what’s your point?

Probably could just repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act.
It's what these companies like Twitter and Facebook are invoking as grounds to justify policing any legitimate content they deem inappropriate.

Section 230 is what shields them from legal liability if they act ''in good faith'' to remove what they deem objectionable.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back