It's Troubling that So Many Liberals Still Believe the Lockdowns Were the Right Response to COVID

i do not remember anything different, and had no trouble shopping or finding carry out.

what part of europe were you "locked down" in?
Dont lie......If you werent "essential" you got locked down. Remember the gym that took the doors off so they couldnt lock em.....people on the beach all alone being harassed ......Restaurants and bars were driven out of business,,,,,libs lie all the time

go ahead and be troubled, mike. quarantines would have been the proper response to covid IF ANY QUARANTINES HAD BEEN DECLARED.

none were.

all "lock downs" were voluntary and if i remember correctly none of you complied anyway.
There you go again, making disjointed statements in the hope that they will sound logical:
1. Quarantines should have been declared for high risk individuals, but that would have forfeited the opportunity to shut down the entire economy. Ask Cuomo why he didn't protect the people in nursing homes.
2. None were declared because leftists would have filed anti-discrimination law suits if they were tried.
3. Businesses and organizations were shut down if they didn't "voluntarily" comply with restricting public access to them.

Fumes Fumigate

Unlike what we are told it means, this is what I mean by Critical Thinking: Go beyond the required interpretations from both bossy sides and look for something outside of what the hired pundits tell you.

From a deep perspective instead of the shallow thinking of self-appointed experts, I see under all this incompetent propaganda that the Lockdown actually caused the deaths. The lack of economic activity reduced auto-emissions, which have killed off all viruses ever since they reached a level that ended the Spanish Influenza in 1920. Backing that "outrageous" statement up is the fact that it was the only pandemic in history that never returned.
Your deep perspective is very shallow. The OP is about whether the lockdowns were the correct response to Covid. Do you really believe that reduced auto emissions due to the lack of economic activity was a net benefit to society? Outrageous!

In 2020 lockdowns were the ONLY AVAILABLE OPTION.

for a contrary opinion see Florida which ranked as the 6th worst COUNTRY in the world for COVID deaths.
1. Lockdowns were not the only available option, and Florida lifted them almost immediately.
2. Don't you think Florida's elderly population had anything to do with its number of COVID deaths?

1. Lockdowns were not the only available option, and Florida lifted them almost immediately.
2. Don't you think Florida's elderly population had anything to do with its number of COVID deaths?
So you're admitting that lifting the lockdown in Florida led to it's being a global leader in COVID deaths and that you think killing all those people was a good idea?

Geez.
MAGATS are some sick ducks.

So you're admitting that lifting the lockdown in Florida led to it's being a global leader in COVID deaths and that you think killing all those people was a good idea?

Geez.
MAGATS are some sick ducks.
Not at all. Merely stating There were lockdowns. Some states longer than others. We vacationed in FL during covid...no prob

Even after all the data that we now have that show that the lockdowns made no meaningful difference in rates of death or illness, and that lockdowns arguably made things worse, most liberals continue to believe that lockdowns were the correct response to the COVID pandemic.

I repeat the word "most," because quite a few liberals have recognized that the lockdowns were a disaster or at least an overly harsh reaction.

EXCERPT:

Some other informative sources:

By the way, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is the only presidential candidate who says the lockdowns were wrong and unnecessary, and who says he would have responded to the pandemic very differently. RFK Jr. says he would have followed the approach suggested by the thousands of scientists and medical doctors who signed the Great Barrington Declaration.
LOL comparing NY with SD. You're stupid.

Even after all the data that we now have that show that the lockdowns made no meaningful difference in rates of death or illness, and that lockdowns arguably made things worse, most liberals continue to believe that lockdowns were the correct response to the COVID pandemic.

I repeat the word "most," because quite a few liberals have recognized that the lockdowns were a disaster or at least an overly harsh reaction.

EXCERPT:

By the way, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is the only presidential candidate who says the lockdowns were wrong and unnecessary, and who says he would have responded to the pandemic very differently. RFK Jr. says he would have followed the approach suggested by the thousands of scientists and medical doctors who signed the Great Barrington Declaration.
Meanwhile back in reality, quarantining patients with communicable disease is still practiced world wide. It's more troubling that proven science is so easily rejected by some people.

go ahead and be troubled, mike. quarantines would have been the proper response to covid IF ANY QUARANTINES HAD BEEN DECLARED.

none were.

all "lock downs" were voluntary and if i remember correctly none of you complied anyway.
Voluntary my ass.

My kid missed his senior prom and his high school graduation ceremony, and that certainly WAS NOT voluntary asshole.

none were.

GASLIGHT THEATRE BULLSHIT
🥨 🥨 🥨
:evil:

Meanwhile back in reality, quarantining patients with communicable disease is still practiced world wide. It's more troubling that proven science is so easily rejected by some people.
Yeah, but the UNPRECEDENTED difference is the "lockdown" quarantine of HEALTHY PEOPLE.
That was a FIRST!
That was completely authoritarian BULLSHIT

none were.

All lockdowns were "voluntary"??? No, all the lockdowns were not "voluntary." Tens of thousands of small businesses were forced to close, and the owners faced prosecution if they did not close them. Schools, even private religious schools, were forced to stop holding classes in classrooms. Sporting events were forced to cancel because all meetings with 10-50 people or more were banned. Churches were not allowed to hold in-person services because of that regulation. Etc., etc., etc.

EXCERPT:

Damn that liberal Trump for shutting down the federal government

Forum List

Back