Ivanka gets White House office and security clearance

She has no political experience - so what has she done to earn or deserve it?

The thing that is wrong with politics is politicians, politics might be better with less politicians and more business people, scientists, architects etc getting involved, all professional politicians do is make a mess and often feather their own nests in the process.

I have no problem with this.

Another "Good for her" from me! :biggrin:

She has no political experience - so what has she done to earn or deserve it?
Married to a president got shrillary a job as senator and SOS. It got her even less talented kid a job as a reporter. Being first lady give the mountain gorilla Me-chelle the power to starve your kids at school. It was claimed her dad's political inexperience would keep him out of the office he now holds.

I think you put a little too much credence in political experience.

The first question I have is has this been done before? Is there some precedent for the members of the president's immediate family given this kind of clearance and access?
JFK appointed his brother attorney general. Hillary planned on appointing her daughter first lady
Big damned difference, Bobby had a fuckin law degree and I don't believe the Hillary shit. Ivanka, I like her, but other than having a fuckin pretty face her biggest claim to fame is firing mf's with her dad on CA...and outsourcing designs others did with her just putting her name on shit.

The first question I have is has this been done before? Is there some precedent for the members of the president's immediate family given this kind of clearance and access?

No, there is no precedence. Why would there be? No one elects a presidents family, so why the hell would they receive access to top security clearance?

During the transition, his team asked about giving his whole family security clearance (Melania, Barron, Eric, Tiffany, Jr.).

58d08a1f2c00002100fef754.jpeg

New Reports Raise Questions About Ivanka Trump’s White House Role

The first daughter has reportedly taken an office in the West Wing.
Two new reports indicate that Ivanka Trump is taking on a more formal position in her father’s administration after playing a key role in his campaign.

According to a Politico report on Monday, President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter has secured an office in the White House and been given security clearance and what are presumably government-issued cell phones or computers, essentially making her a a full-time staffer “n everything but name.”

The powerful first daughter has secured her own office on the West Wing’s second floor — a space next to senior adviser Dina Powell, who was recently promoted to a position on the National Security Council. She is also in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and is set to receive government-issued communications devices this week.

Despite her West Wing office and access, her attorney told Politico she will hold no official position and will not be paid a salary.

Another report in The New York Times on Monday also supported the likelihood that Ivanka Trump is gearing up for more White House duties by placing her fashion retail brand under a trust.

More: New Reports Raise Questions About Ivanka Trump's White House Role

I think this is sleazy and unethical. There is far too much nepotism in the Trump Administration. What do you think?
Just when we thought the Trump circus couldn't get any weirder.

JFK made his brother Robert F. Kennedy Attorney General of the United States, so there's one precedent.

It seems politicians who want to change things look for loyalty in their appointees.

Two new reports indicate that Ivanka Trump is taking on a more formal position in her father’s administration after playing a key role in his campaign.

According to a Politico report on Monday, President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter has secured an office in the White House and been given security clearance and what are presumably government-issued cell phones or computers, essentially making her a a full-time staffer “n everything but name.”

The powerful first daughter has secured her own office on the West Wing’s second floor — a space next to senior adviser Dina Powell, who was recently promoted to a position on the National Security Council. She is also in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and is set to receive government-issued communications devices this week.

Despite her West Wing office and access, her attorney told Politico she will hold no official position and will not be paid a salary.

Another report in The New York Times on Monday also supported the likelihood that Ivanka Trump is gearing up for more White House duties by placing her fashion retail brand under a trust.

I think this is sleazy and unethical. There is far too much nepotism in the Trump Administration. What do you think?

Just when we thought the Trump circus couldn't get any weirder.

omgggggg so weird

sooooooooooooooooo weird!!!!!!!!

shock HORROR!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Is Ivanka trying to help save her daddy's failing presidency - after only 60 days on the job with a 37% approval rating?

JFK appointed his brother as Attorney General.
Check the resume of RFK and then compare it to Ivanka's.

Well Ivanka hasn't been appointed Attorney General, so how can you compare her résumé to RFKs.

RFK was confirmed by the Senate. No so with Jared Kushner and wife Ivanka. RFK was highly qualified to be Attorney General.

Robert F. Kennedy - Wikipedia

Well Ivanka hasn't been appointed Attorney General, so how can you compare her résumé to RFKs.

RFK was confirmed by the Senate. No so with Jared Kushner and wife Ivanka.

The position Jared Kushner has though doesn't need confirmation.

RFK was confirmed by the Senate. No so with Jared Kushner and wife Ivanka.

The position Jared Kushner has though doesn't need confirmation.

Duh, that's my point. RFK was thoroughly vetted by going through the confirmation process. Not so with Jared Kushner and Ivanka.

Last edited:

Say hello to your first female president.
Not if we can find another Obama to run against her.

Forum List

Back