Jackson Mississippi water system has failed. Did their Congressmen vote for infrastructure investment?

I misrepresented nothing. Look them up if you are confused.
I'm simply stating that the bill contains far more than "infrastructure" which is why Republicans did not vote for it.
This is a tactic used by the Democrats constantly.
As well as naming a bill something that it is not.
Like the "Deficit Reduction Act"... when MSNBC says it is misnamed - you KNOW it was REALLY misnamed.
Democrats will pack a bill with all kinds of things they know Republicans won't vote for - just so they can say "Republicans voted against "XX"

I misrepresented nothing. Look them up if you are confused.
I'm simply stating that the bill contains far more than "infrastructure" which is why Republicans did not vote for it.
Why did you edit what you posted instead of providing a full statement of what is being funded?
Trying to hide something?

Ninth Amendment​

The Ninth Amendment was James Madison’s attempt to ensure that the Bill of Rights was not seen as granting to the people of the United States only the specific rights it addressed. In recent years, some have interpreted it as affirming the existence of such “unenumerated” rights outside those expressly protected by the Bill of Rights.
Learn more...

Primary tabs​

Amendment IX​

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment​

The Tenth Amendment helps to define the concept of federalism, the relationship between Federal and state governments. As Federal activity has increased, so too has the problem of reconciling state and national interests as they apply to the Federal powers to tax, to police, and to regulations such as wage and hour laws, disclosure of personal information in recordkeeping systems, and laws related to strip-mining.
Learn more…

Primary tabs​

Amendment X​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Show me a single court case that federal funding of infrastructure is unconstitutional

Jackson Mississippi is in a crisis. They have no water for drinking, washing or toilets

”The water system has been troubled for years and the city already was under a boil-water notice since late July.”

EVERY Mississippi Congress member and Senator voted against the $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Bill. A Bill that provides funding to upgrade water systems

Mississippi is one of our poorest states with crumbling infrastructure
Yet their Congressmen turned their back on struggling citizens and voted against public infrastructure investment
They be a red state they don't worry about water.

Seems like it is.

Definition of infrastructure

1: the system of public works of a country, state, or regional so : the resources (such as personnel, buildings, or equipment) required for an activity
2: the underlying foundation or basic framework (as of a system or organization)
3: the permanent installations required for military purposes

Forum List

Back