Jailed Maryland Republican won't resign

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
hmmm..... I see a pattern developing :eusa_think:

Maryland Republican Serving Jail Time For Drunken Misdeeds Apologizes, Will Seek Reelection
(snip)
The three-term delegate said he also accepts the decision of a judge to sentence him to serve 30 weekends in jail after being convicted of drunken driving last October. The sentence was for that offense, as well as for his conviction of operating a motorboat while under the influence at the time of a 2012 crash on the Magothy River. Dwyer was among six people injured.

Dwyer has said he plans to remain in office and seek re-election. He is still permitted to introduce bills and to speak and vote on the House floor.

Developing? You've been an idiot forever, there's nothing "developing" about that pattern.

Dwyer has said he plans to remain in office and seek re-election. He is still permitted to introduce bills and to speak and vote on the House floor.

On a scale of 1 to Marion Barry, that would make him a 3. Gary Condit, Bill Clinton, Obama, Dan Rostenkowski, Jim Wright. There are a lot of political whores, that you believe there is any pattern that "Republicans" own that is ... oh so you.

Last edited:
i didn't act like a dick. i asked a legit question, what pattern and that makes me a dick?

you can't even discuss the thread topic, that is trolling you ignorant asshole.

tsk, tsk.

Act like a dick, be treated like one.

You are getting what you deserve, troll.

Dear Stat: that comment was clearly pointed personally at the person
and had no content related to the OP.

If you are trying to get this thread moved into the badlands, it didn't really
have much content anyway.

Unless someone is receiving proper rehab for alcohol addiction and is spreading awareness that this requires deep change and is not something light that can be corrected by serving time in jail on and off, then I see little the OP article has to add.

Had it talked about the deeply involved process of change in order to overcome addiction,
that might have been some critical content.

Are you and Dot or Yurt willing to change this habit of backbiting?
That might be worth discussing what it takes to quit that habit.

Giving up that, or giving up addiction or giving up office.
Vs.
"covering it up and keep doing the same thing" which is easier

which makes us better people: if we keep doing the same negative things to avoid change?
or trying to improve ourselves and relations with others
though it is harder to do (for the same reasons as the man in the OP article....)

Last edited:
Hmmmmm
Convicted rep goes to Mass. Statehouse in cuffs - Washington Times

BOSTON (AP) - State Rep. Carlos Henriquez, who’s serving six months in jail after being convicted of assaulting a former girlfriend, was taken to the Statehouse in handcuffs to meet behind closed doors with his colleagues in a highly unusual spectacle on Friday.

Henriquez spent about an hour in the meeting with tight security outside. Lawmakers who attended would not say what the meeting was about.

Gov. Deval Patrick, Boston Mayor Martin Walsh and others have called on the Boston Democrat to resign. Asked by a reporter Friday if he planned to do so, he did not answer. His attorney, Stephanie Soriano-Mills, said he hadn’t decided and had no timetable for making a decision.

“Carlos maintains his innocence and that’s basically where he stands at this point,” she said.

She would not comment on anything that happened at Friday’s meeting, citing House Ethics Committee confidentiality guidelines.

A day earlier, the House had approved an order allowing the Ethics Committee to require witnesses to appear before it, raising the possibility Henriquez might be brought in. That order didn’t mention Henriquez by name, but it referred to a complaint received the day he was sentenced earlier this month.

drunk while boating compares to smocking crack with a whore?

yea, that pattern forming is liberals can't make a head to head comparison and never could

republican-democrat-moral-standards-cartoon.jpg

Hmmmmm
Convicted rep goes to Mass. Statehouse in cuffs - Washington Times

BOSTON (AP) - State Rep. Carlos Henriquez, who’s serving six months in jail after being convicted of assaulting a former girlfriend, was taken to the Statehouse in handcuffs to meet behind closed doors with his colleagues in a highly unusual spectacle on Friday.

Henriquez spent about an hour in the meeting with tight security outside. Lawmakers who attended would not say what the meeting was about.

Gov. Deval Patrick, Boston Mayor Martin Walsh and others have called on the Boston Democrat to resign. Asked by a reporter Friday if he planned to do so, he did not answer. His attorney, Stephanie Soriano-Mills, said he hadn’t decided and had no timetable for making a decision.

“Carlos maintains his innocence and that’s basically where he stands at this point,” she said.

She would not comment on anything that happened at Friday’s meeting, citing House Ethics Committee confidentiality guidelines.

A day earlier, the House had approved an order allowing the Ethics Committee to require witnesses to appear before it, raising the possibility Henriquez might be brought in. That order didn’t mention Henriquez by name, but it referred to a complaint received the day he was sentenced earlier this month.

I agree with you 100% - what that Democrat is doing is every bit as bad and he, like that Republican, needs to be run out of office.

You won't get any argument from me about that at all.

so anyone convicted of DUI or operating a motor boat while drunk should lose their job IF they get proper jail time? he did the crime, now he is doing the time.

ted kennedy actually killed someone while driving drunk and dems reelected him for over 30 years.

but i'm sure dot com doesn't see a pattern there...

Is there no ethics clause or rules in place for the Maryland General Assembly to forcibly remove him from office?

Maryland Republican Serving Jail Time For Drunken Misdeeds Apologizes, Will Seek Reelection
(snip)
The three-term delegate said he also accepts the decision of a judge to sentence him to serve 30 weekends in jail after being convicted of drunken driving last October. The sentence was for that offense, as well as for his conviction of operating a motorboat while under the influence at the time of a 2012 crash on the Magothy River. Dwyer was among six people injured.

I think that's up for his constituents to decide.

If they vote him back in, that's fine.

Forum List

Back