Jan 6 committee may hold "prime time" hearings

Yeah, I don't know if this is a great idea.

On one hand, the committee must think, based on the evidence it has gathered to date, that it can effectively put the screws to key Jan 6 players, and it wants to do so in front of as many American eyes (in "prime time", like a reality show) as possible. I can see that. Maybe.

But on the other hand, we've all seen a zillion times how politicians use this opportunity for endless tedious grandstanding, preening and posing. That will turn people off and they'll go straight to "Dancing with the Stars". And wouldn't this effect the testimony of the witnesses in some way?

I dunno. What would this look like?

I watched Bridget Jones' Diary on TCM last nite. I think we'll do Yellowstone tonite. Finishing up the soup Mrs Dog made with the bone from New Year's ham.

Yeah, I don't know if this is a great idea.

On one hand, the committee must think, based on the evidence it has gathered to date, that it can effectively put the screws to key Jan 6 players, and it wants to do so in front of as many American eyes (in "prime time", like a reality show) as possible. I can see that. Maybe.

But on the other hand, we've all seen a zillion times how politicians use this opportunity for endless tedious grandstanding, preening and posing. That will turn people off and they'll go straight to "Dancing with the Stars". And wouldn't this effect the testimony of the witnesses in some way?

This will only make sense if they can present clear & concise evidence that leads to a criminal indictment against Trump.

If this is long & drawn out and doesn't lead to anything BIG, it will go badly for the Dems.

Assuming that crimes are found, and we aren't there yet, what concerns me is what got Trump elected in the first place: Does the nation really give a shit, or are our standards so damaged and decrepit now that most just don't care?

About 30% of Americans believe in rule by thugs. It's a result of being brought up in a society that promotes unbridled competition.

Trump is the epitome of a spoiled brat thug. As our society became increasingly intolerant of thugs, the thugs have rebelled.

This will only make sense if they can present clear & concise evidence that leads to a criminal indictment against Trump.

If this is long & drawn out and doesn't lead to anything BIG, it will go badly for the Dems.
After they were caught with their pants down with the Russia hoax, and the Steele Dossier, and the faked “evidence” for FISA warrants, it’s unreal that the Dems would think that voters are stupid to fall for their “insurrection” lie. Even the FBI said it was not an insurrection.

What is was was a protest of a few thousand people, upset that some very suspicious anomalies and outright unconstitutional actions that led to a demented old man, who never came out of the basement and couldn’t even fill a church parking lot, being elected. Out of those thousands, a couple hundred allowed their anger to boil over.

Still, it pales in comparison to the hundreds of riots over the summer of love, in which Democrats actively enabled the destruction and arson.

It takes a very special type of arrogance to pitch a fit - insurrection! Insurrection! - over a single event from the right when we had just spent months watching leftists burn down city, after city after city after city, assaulting and murdering anyone in their path.

But without real Republicans on the committee its a kangaroo court. No thanks.
Out of morbid curiosity: There are few if any Republicans with a more consistent or more conservative voting record than Liz Cheney.

So outside of obedient fealty to one man, what makes someone a Republican, in your estimation?

About 30% of Americans believe in rule by thugs. It's a result of being brought up in a society that promotes unbridled competition.
Trump is the epitome of a spoiled brat thug. As our society became increasingly intolerant of thugs, the thugs have rebelled.
It's been clear all along that he is the living, breathing manifestation of the rage and paranoia that have building on the Right for decades. Criticizing him is tantamount to dismissing all that rage and paranoia.

OIYeah, I don't know if this is a great idea.

It seems the Democrats realize that with Biden and Harris in office they are in big trouble for the upcoming Midterm election and even the 2024 Presidential election.

So they are attempting to resurrect their attack on Trump in hopes that it will divert attention from Sleepy Joe and Giggles Kamala and save their butts in the upcoming elections.

Plus it is quite possible that Trump will rise from the ashes like a phoenix. Therefore attack him now before he even becomes a candidate for a second term as President. Paint him as a combination of Ghengis Khan, Napoleon Bonaparte, Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin who wants to destroy our democracy and install a tyrannical right wing dictatorship. Of course most intelligent people will realize this is your typical democrat propaganda and ignore it.

1641407950852.jpeg

After they were caught with their pants down with the Russia hoax, and the Steele Dossier, and the faked “evidence” for FISA warrants, it’s unreal that the Dems would think that voters are stupid to fall for their “insurrection” lie. Even the FBI said it was not an insurrection.

What is was was a protest of a few thousand people, upset that some very suspicious anomalies and outright unconstitutional actions that led to a demented old man, who never came out of the basement and couldn’t even fill a church parking lot, being elected. Out of those thousands, a couple hundred allowed their anger to boil over.

Still, it pales in comparison to the hundreds of riots over the summer of love, in which Democrats actively enabled the destruction and arson.

It takes a very special type of arrogance to pitch a fit - insurrection! Insurrection! - over a single event from the right when we had just spent months watching leftists burn down city, after city after city after city, assaulting and murdering anyone in their path.

First, a large part of the Steele Dossier has been proven true. Most of it has never been proven or disproven.

Second, the 'Summer of Love' was back in 1968.

Third, no cities were burnt down. There were riots in small sections of a few cities, but there was never the destruction that you imply.

Finally, no one cares what you think of President Biden. You're obviously an idiot!

It seems the Democrats realize that with Biden and Harris in office they are in big trouble for the upcoming Midterm election and even the 2024 Presidential election.

So they are attempting to resurrect their attack on Trump in hopes that it will divert attention from Sleepy Joe and Giggles Kamala and save their butts in the upcoming elections.

Plus it is quite possible that Trump will rise from the ashes like a phoenix. Therefore attack him now before he even becomes a candidate for a second term as President. Paint him as a combination of Ghengis Khan, Napoleon Bonaparte, Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin who wants to destroy our democracy and install a tyrannical right wing dictatorship. Of course most intelligent people will realize this is your typical democrat propaganda and ignore it.

View attachment 583896

Yes, the Dems apparently believe that if they cut off the head of the snake, the rest of the body will die.

I doubt it, but it's a good start!

View attachment 583896
Okay! I'm sure you're right!

First, a large part of the Steele Dossier has been proven true. Most of it has never been proven or disproven.

Second, the 'Summer of Love' was back in 1968.

Third, no cities were burnt down. There were riots in small sections of a few cities, but there was never the destruction that you imply.

Finally, no one cares what you think of President Biden. You're obviously an idiot!
You are nuttier than a Snickers bar.

Assuming that crimes are found, and we aren't there yet, what concerns me is what got Trump elected in the first place: Does the nation really give a shit, or are our standards so damaged and decrepit now that most just don't care?

You voted for this guy:

1641409449330.png

How many people have you killed running around believing you can't spread Covid?

Out of morbid curiosity: There are few if any Republicans with a more consistent or more conservative voting record than Liz Cheney.
So outside of obedient fealty to one man, what makes someone a Republican, in your estimation?
What would Liz Cheney be if she wasn't Dick's daughter? Hint: n/a

"Conservatism" is dead. Those globalist shills (Romney, Bush, Cheney, the Never-Trumpers) sold US workers out, and sent us off to the ME wars while moving US factories to China. So if you think we are "conservatives" you're wrong.

Trump started the "Conservative-Populist" movement that attracted many democrat workers who like the America-First policies of Trump. So being Republican is not fealty to Trump, its fealty to his America-First policies.

"Conservatism" is dead. Those globalist shills (Romney, Bush, Cheney, the Never-Trumpers) sold US workers out, and sent us off to the ME wars while moving US factories to China. So if you think we are "conservatives" you're wrong.

Trump started the "Conservative-Populist" movement that attracted many democrat workers who like the America-First policies of Trump. So being Republican is not fealty to Trump, its fealty to his America-First policies.
Okay, in all honesty, that makes sense.

Yes, the Dems apparently believe that if they cut off the head of the snake, the rest of the body will die.

I doubt it, but it's a good start!
The establishment Republicans the “Bush wing of the GOP\” are hoping the Democrats succeed in cutting the head of the Trump snake off as well. They miss all the nice little dirty wars we used to get into all over the globe. Lots of corruption in those wars, especially in the nation rebuilding stages.

Fort Fun Indiana
Nothing insane about it. Pelousy was in charge of security and refused all help. The Captain of the Capital police requested help five times and was refused five times.

If that sounds insane to you then guess who's insane. It sure ain't me.

It would be just another in a long line of partisan shit shows that both parties have subjected us too over the years.

Forum List

Back