Jan 8, 2014 50th Anniversary of Democrats War on Poor People

Medicaid?

What happened before that program?
Were the poor just dying in the streets?

Programs that increase real growth and free market competition
to create jobs would do more for people and the US in the long run

Before the Great Society, poverty was decreasing at quick rate.
Since the Great Society, the levels have remained, relatively the same.
There is no benefit in that... creating a dependent class and stratifying society.

failed-war-on-poverty.jpg

to be fair I don't think it would ever have had, or will get under 10%.

So ending Medicaid would do what? "Encourage" people to get jobs? Encourage them to end their dependency?

Is the failing Progressive program really the way to go?

Worse than apartheid: Black in Obama's American

Black South Africans under apartheid had a median net worth about 6.8% that of white South Africans.

The average white household iin the US has a net worth of $110,729.
Black Americans’ median net worth is less than 5 percent that of white Americans.

$4,955 to exact

h/t Kevin D. Williamson

Your answer has nothing to do with my question.

What would ending Medicaid accomplish?

I am fine with Medicaid for kids. Kids shouldn't be punished for having irresponsible parents. But able bodied adults. Screw 'em. No more hand outs. Healthcare costs money. You want, you pay for it.

Whose lives would be better if Medicaid had never been created?

thats a fair question, I am not sure, but thats just another part of the WOP.

Since earliest records had it dropping to 20% from north of 25% in the 50's already, maybe a good question is; why was it dropping before the WOP?

And just to get a picture of what we have, it was 19% in 65, and its.....wait for it....15.2% now. What $10 trillion bucks...is that it, as the average has been roughly 12%?

Number_in_Poverty_and_Poverty_Rate_1959_to_2011._United_States..PNG

Snarly, have a 2nd cup
:eusa_angel:

Well since Medicaid is normally for the poor
it just seemed obvious

So yes, the poor would be better off (the "whose" in your question)
if we promoted plans that created real growth
instead of ones that create a dependent class

So ending Medicaid would do what? "Encourage" people to get jobs? Encourage them to end their dependency?

Black South Africans under apartheid had a median net worth about 6.8% that of white South Africans.

Black Americans’ median net worth is less than 5 percent that of white Americans.

$4,955 to exact

h/t Kevin D. Williamson

And taking away Medicaid would make black household net worth increase how,

exactly, please...

Stupid, stupid reactionaries like Frank wonder why women and minorities and Hispanics continue to vote against his types?

no, becasue like you , some folks are incapable of thinking, crafting an argument and just accept what they are told to and reflexively deny/ignore anything challenging their view.

You describe yourself and many of the far right and the libertarians. Stay in denial for all that is worth and witness what it will continue to get you: nothing.

The facts remain that women, minorities, and Hispanics think your philosophies and policies do not meet their needs.

:lol: thx for the 'debate' as usual your insipid commentary is, exactly, well, what I have come to expect......

Since earliest records had it dropping to 20% from north of 25% in the 50's already, maybe a good question is; why was it dropping before the WOP?

And just to get a picture of what we have, it was 19% in 65, and its.....wait for it....15.2% now. What $10 trillion bucks...is that it, as the average has been roughly 12%?

When they calculate the poverty rate, do they count all the government assistance a poor person receives as part of their income,

or is the poor/not poor determination made without taking benefits into account?

$4,955 to exact

h/t Kevin D. Williamson

I am fine with Medicaid for kids. Kids shouldn't be punished for having irresponsible parents. But able bodied adults. Screw 'em. No more hand outs. Healthcare costs money. You want, you pay for it.

31 million children on Medicaid. 8.3 million seniors. 8.8 million non-elderly disabled Americans.

11 million non-elderly low-income parents, other caretaker relatives, pregnant women, and other non-disabled adults.

The category you object is at the end of the last category.

By Population | Medicaid.gov

31 million children on Medicaid. 8.3 million seniors. 8.8 million non-elderly disabled Americans.

11 million non-elderly low-income parents, other caretaker relatives, pregnant women, and other non-disabled adults.

The category you object is at the end of the last category.

By Population | Medicaid.gov

You are correct. Forgot the seniors. In most states medicaid kicks in when seniors approach end-of-life issues. Once the elderly person's financial resources are exhausted medicaid takes over. I am fine with that as well. Thanks for the clarification...I forgot that segment of the medicaid population.

$4,955 to exact

h/t Kevin D. Williamson

exactly, please...

Removing dependency

At one time, before the Great Society
blacks had a lower divorce rate than whites
blacks had a lower illegitimate rate than whites
blacks even had a higher employment rate than whites

Combined that with the wealth distribution, we discussed earlier

who designed these Progressive programs, somebody from the KKK?

no, becasue like you , some folks are incapable of thinking, crafting an argument and just accept what they are told to and reflexively deny/ignore anything challenging their view.

You describe yourself and many of the far right and the libertarians. Stay in denial for all that is worth and witness what it will continue to get you: nothing.

The facts remain that women, minorities, and Hispanics think your philosophies and policies do not meet their needs.

:lol: thx for the 'debate' as usual your insipid commentary is, exactly, well, what I have come to expect......

Yeah, I know the polls and numbers that contradict you are "insipid." :lol:

January 8, 2014 will mark the 50th Anniversary of LBJ "War on Poverty"

Let's take the time to properly remember what's been accomplished these past 50 years.

The War continues to consume a few trillion ANNUALLY with no end in sight and not even an exit strategy. Then again, we need to ask, what is victory and who is winning? Clearly, the poor are not winning. They continue to remain unemployed, live in inner city housing, sending their kids to horrific government institutions know as "schools" or then to prison.

The biggest casualty in the Democrat War on Poor People has been the black male head of household, who has been almost totally exterminated.

The biggest winner is the Democrat Party who continues to use this same failed strategy, year after year, election cycle after election cycle, and generation after generation until there's nothing left, like in Detroit.

Congratulation to the Democrats for their 50 Year long "War on Poverty"

No doubt Frank

the lies are too much to overcome now and they never got
the boost they were hoping from when the Democrats shut down
the gov't

Obama’s approval rating at all-time low, says new NBCNews/WSJ poll

Democrats haven’t been immune to the public’s frustration with government and lawmakers.
The last NBC/WSJ poll showed Democrats with an eight point advantage on who should control Congress after the 2014 midterms;
that’s now been cut in half, showing the party with only a four point edge on the generic congressional ballot, 45%-41%.

After the shutdown, 41%-21% say they have a less favorable opinion of Obama instead of a more favorable one.
And the president’s personal positive-to-negative rating is upside down for the first time since he took office–41% view him in a favorable light while 45% view him negatively.

Obama Lied
American Trust and Healthcare plans died

plenty of poor conservatives out here in the sticks as well,but that doesnt mesh well with the trolling OP

The title of the thread states 'war on poor people'.

With a title like that, ya gotta wonder if the poster has the slightest grasp of the issue he thinks he is talking about.

Good grief!

When they calculate the poverty rate, do they count all the government assistance a poor person receives as part of their income,

or is the poor/not poor determination made without taking benefits into account?

that depends there are a coupla of different ways they determine depending on what outcome they want :lol:

anyway;

The poverty guideline figures are not the figures the Census Bureau uses to calculate the number of poor persons. The figures that the Census Bureau uses are the poverty thresholds. The Census Bureau provides an explanation of the difference between poverty thresholds and guidelines;

The Census Bureau uses a set of money income thresholds that vary by family size and composition to determine who is in poverty.[16] The 2010 figure for a family of 4 with no children under 18 years of age is $22,541, while the figure for a family of 4 with 2 children under 18 is $22,162.[19] For comparison, the 2011 HHS poverty guideline for a family of 4 is $22,350.

Oh, they know what to do. Pass more welfare related laws, of course! If it doesn't work in the first fifty years, that means that enough money wasn't spent and enough laws weren't passed.

Why they did just that and passed Obamacare and that is all democrat.

Yeah, I know the polls and numbers that contradict you are "insipid." :lol:

I was looking at the op, not polls wtf does polls have to do with LBJ's war on poverty?.... then I took at look at your insipid and inane statement, which speaks directly to what I posted, it challenges your view and instead of even attempting to discuss/refute anything he said, you just took an opportunity to drop off a 'this is why you suck' statement and take a powder, do you have anything to say on the topic??????????????????????

$4,955 to exact

h/t Kevin D. Williamson

exactly, please...

Removing dependency

At one time, before the Great Society
blacks had a lower divorce rate than whites
blacks had a lower illegitimate rate than whites
blacks even had a higher employment rate than whites

Combined that with the wealth distribution, we discussed earlier

who designed these Progressive programs, somebody from the KKK?

They also had to live in one part of town.

they still do

all the liberal whites moved out to Suburbia
to avoid busing or keep housing the poor in one section of town.

Liberals trying to avoid the outcome of their own plans
Funny how that works

In fact Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the country

Forum List

Back