🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jane Fonda admits Vietnam era photo was a mistake

So she apologized for the pictures.
How about handing the captors notes from POWs?
Or is that the "embelllished" part mumbly is referring to?

you are insulting our POWs

not many normal people believe these lies anymore. it's too easy to fact check: snopes.com Jane Fonda and American POWs in North Vietnam

Those of you who caught me on The O'Reilly Factor last night might be wondering that very question, as it became the sticking point between the Big O and yours truly. Here's the discussion of the matter from the widely hailed and authoritative site Snopes.com:

The most serious accusations..., that Fonda turned over slips of paper furtively given her by American POWs to the North Vietnamese and that several POWs were beaten to death as a result, are untrue. Those named in the inflammatory e-mail categorically deny the events they supposedly were part of.

"It's a figment of somebody's imagination," says Ret. Col. Larry Carrigan, one of the servicemen mentioned in the 'slips of paper' incident. Carrigan was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967 and did spend time in a POW camp. He has no idea why the story was attributed to him, saying, "I never met Jane Fonda."

Did Hanoi Jane Pass Notes Handed to Her by US POWs to Vietnamese Captors - Hit Run Reason.com

Why are you asking?

Its not as though you have any interest in the facts.

But no, that did not happen.

============

The point made above is true. Most people know little about Vietnam and care even less. To this day, I can draw an accurate map of SE Asia but most couldn't find it on a map. Younger people don't even know of the lies told about Fonda. Nor do they care.

And the problem with our country.
She also made 10 broadcasts over radio hanoi. Do you know what happened to tokyo rose, an american citizen that did that during wwII from Japan? She was convicted of treason and served 7 years in a WV federal prison.
not many people care

true story
Move On is more than just a dot org

no problem with our country. only a problem with the past

It didn't sound so much an apology but rather a regret for the fallout. As you state there was much more, which doesn't regularly circulate like the photos, that she did, and not a mention of those things from her.

It didn't sound so much an apology but rather a regret for the fallout. As you state there was much more, which doesn't regularly circulate like the photos, that she did, and not a mention of those things from her.

So, even though you know its not true, you continue to repeat it just so you can nurse your outrage.

**shrug**

Your choice.

Oh yeah, she's the devil in disguise

So, even though you know its not true, you continue to repeat it just so you can nurse your outrage.

**shrug**

Your choice.
I stated there was much more she did and you pick the item someone else mentioned? Show me where the radio broadcasts were a lie? Did she call returning pow's that were tortured liars? Yes, she did.

You, luddly, are an embarrassment to our country, supporting someone such as this, when it is those very soldiers that she spit upon that help to keep our country free, so you can do just that.

Old news. She apologized for this a long time ago.

What is wrong here is that, over the years, some have embellished and lied about it until it has taken on a life of its own.

She threw no one under the bus and much of the country agreed with her opinion of the "war". She may have used poor judgment but she broke no laws and in fact, what she did is protected by the Constitution.

Grow up. Move on.
Actually she sat in an armed anti aircraft battery and had the ability to fire on American aircraft, that is against the law. My Uncle was a Lt in the army around that time, she snuck on the Base In Tacoma Washington and was trying to get troops to desert , my Uncle caught her and carried her little traitorous ass out to the MP's.

OK, whoever she is, she's apologized. Like Obama.

AND she supported the enemy. Like Kerry.

I think we're seeing the run-up to her announcing she's gonna take on Hillary AND Fauxahontas for that Democrat nomination!

Why are you asking?

Its not as though you have any interest in the facts.

But no, that did not happen.

============

The point made above is true. Most people know little about Vietnam and care even less. To this day, I can draw an accurate map of SE Asia but most couldn't find it on a map. Younger people don't even know of the lies told about Fonda. Nor do they care.
I never ask a question for the hell of it.

Thank you to you and Dante

Jane Fonda Says Vietnam Photo Was A Huge Mistake

40 years later is better than never, I have never been a fan of hers due to this, but it's nice she finally grew a set and admitted that the pic was a 'huge mistake,' good job, Hanoi Jane. That being said, it's not up to me to forgive her, it's for those Vietnam era veterans that she threw under the bus, oh so long ago.

The only people who threw Vietnam vets under the bus were hte politicians who sent them into a war that had no moral justification.

Oh yeah, she's the devil in disguise
No

She is Barbarella
:eusa_drool:

Forum List

Back