🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jane Fonda admits Vietnam era photo was a mistake

So, libbies....she's not black but does her record of anti-Americanism not give you a pass for voting for her anyway?

oh please...there is. When all the whining Vietnam Era people pass on

No "whining" I can see in this thread....only revulsion at a decrepit, facelifted, fake-titted actress who rode her daddy's coattails into a profession she stunk in and then went radical and shit on her country. And boy, we're gonna be around for a lot longer whether you like it or not.

She is not sorry for one damn thing.
Sure she is, she is sorry that her career is in the crapper, and she is doing everything she can to resurrect it, and become somewhat relevant again.
She is still in movies and getting paid a pretty penny...but its the fallout she is tired of. Too bad, so sad. She will die reviled and hated. And, there a still many people who refuse to watch or listen to her. I was watching a movie in netflix..foreign flick (french) and was about 15 minutes into it before I realized that was Hanoi Jane as one of the main characters. I turned it off immediately. Fuck that bitch.

I also left a review in Netflix: "I like foreign films, but when Hanoi Jane is a main character, I turn it off IMMEDIATELY. It may be a great movie with a wonderful storyline, but I will never know since I refuse to watch anything that traitor is in".

But many of those soldiers say if there's one thing they will never forgive her for, it's that she met with a group of seven POWs when she was in North Vietnam, giving the appearance of a staged event at their expense.

"Was that a lapse of judgment?" asks Stahl.

"No. There are hundreds of American delegations that had met with POWs. It was not uncommon at all," says Fonda.

"Does that make it right?" asks Stahl.

"It doesn't make it wrong," says Fonda.

"But the Vietnamese used it as propaganda, to say, 'Look how humane we are,'" says Stahl.

"Well, both sides were using propaganda, were using the POWs for propaganda," says Fonda. "I don't think there was anything wrong with it. It's not something that I will apologize for."

Nor does she apologize for making broadcasts on Radio Hanoi. "Our government was lying to us, and men were dying because of it," she says. "And I felt that I had to do anything that I could to expose the lies, and help end the war. That was my goal."

She asked the Vietnamese if she could make the broadcasts, tapes which 60 Minutes found at the National Archives in Washington. from 2005, cbs interview, video at link
Jane Fonda Wish I Hadn t - CBS News

The first video I wish could have been just her Hanoi Radio broadcast only, as it speaks for itself.

Yes, she regretted the photo, not her visit
Old news. She apologized for this a long time ago.

What is wrong here is that, over the years, some have embellished and lied about it until it has taken on a life of its own.

She threw no one under the bus and much of the country agreed with her opinion of the "war". She may have used poor judgment but she broke no laws and in fact, what she did is protected by the Constitution.

Grow up. Move on.
The ridiculous chain email is still doing the rounds, even though she apologized and made clear the photo was a big mistake in retrospect.

Last edited:

No "whining" I can see in this thread....only revulsion at a decrepit, facelifted, fake-titted actress who rode her daddy's coattails into a profession she stunk in and then went radical and shit on her country. And boy, we're gonna be around for a lot longer whether you like it or not.
She should get some work done by Joan Rivers' doc.

oh please old man. remember what Dugout Doug said? "Fade away..."

Sure she is, she is sorry that her career is in the crapper, and she is doing everything she can to resurrect it, and become somewhat relevant again.
She is still in movies and getting paid a pretty penny...but its the fallout she is tired of. Too bad, so sad. She will die reviled and hated. And, there a still many people who refuse to watch or listen to her. I was watching a movie in netflix..foreign flick (french) and was about 15 minutes into it before I realized that was Hanoi Jane as one of the main characters. I turned it off immediately. Fuck that bitch.

who cares. Her life goes on. She doesn't NEED the acceptance of people who hate or despise her

Jane Fonda killed no Americans sitting behind that anti-aircraft gun

War mongers lied to the American people and got 60,000 of our men killed

Guess who the traitor is?

She obviously feels it has affected her bottom dollar as she continues, every couple of years to issue this same non apology.
She has felt ostracism from her actions

who cares. Her life goes on. She doesn't NEED the acceptance of people who hate or despise her

Lovely image don't you think. One I'll never forget for as long as I live. At the time I was hoping her NVA helicopter ride would end up a burning heap in the jungle. But time heals all kinds of wounds, so now I think she's just a stupid naive woman who didn't know any better.

Sad thing is, she still is naive and doesn't know any better.

Lovely image don't you think. One I'll never forget for as long as I live. At the time I was hoping her NVA helicopter ride would end up a burning heap in the jungle. But time heals all kinds of wounds, so now I think she's just a stupid naive woman who didn't know any better.

Forum List

Back