January 6 USSC

Yeah, these folks don't like fact-checkers.

They appear to think that non-Trumpsters are flocking to the movie and believing every word.

As always, there's nothing you can say to them otherwise.
All the conspiratorial manure upon which they eagerly feast comes down to the factual determinative: Where are all the Trumpy politicians, prosecutors, and investigators when it come to evidence-demanding indictments and adjudications? Who are the dastardly suspects in their vast, multitudinous caper?

It is such evidentiary requirements that separate stark reality from the fantasy of ideological comic book lore.

All the conspiratorial manure upon which they eagerly feast comes down to the factual determinative: Where are all the Trumpy politicians, prosecutors, and investigators when it come to evidence-demanding indictments and adjudications? Who are the dastardly suspects in their vast, multitudinous caper?

It is such evidentiary requirements that separate stark reality from the fantasy of ideological comic book lore.
Here are the answers I usually get:
  1. MAGA media is afraid of being sued, so they don't say anything.
  2. Law enforcement is afraid to follow up on these super-solid leads, because I'm not sure.
  3. Trump's Justice Department, Trump's DHS, Trump's Attorney General, Trump's Supreme Court, Trump-appointed judges, Trump cybersecurity officials, several Republican lawmakers, Republican state and local election officials, state Supreme Courts and Republican State Attorneys General, and THE REPUBLICANS' VERY OWN HAND-PICKED FABULOUS CYBER NINJAS are all in on the conspiracy.
Generally something like that. This is the behavior of a cult. We're always the victim, everyone is against us, it's a conspiracy, only we speak The Truth.

Last edited:
Here are the answers I usually get:
  1. MAGA media is afraid of being sued, so they don't say anything.
  2. Law enforcement is afraid to follow up on these super-solid leads, because I'm not sure.
  3. Trump's Justice Department, Trump's DHS, Trump's Attorney General, Trump's Supreme Court, Trump-appointed judges, Trump cybersecurity officials, several Republican lawmakers, Republican state and local election officials, state Supreme Courts and Republican State Attorneys General, and THE REPUBLICANS' VERY OWN HAND-PICKED FABULOUS CYBER NINJAS are all in on the conspiracy.
Generally something like that. This is the behavior of a cult. We're always the victim, everyone is against us, it's a conspiracy, only we speak The Truth.
Insightful analysis.

Let's not overlook the obvious: They can dazzle the weird worshipers without the encountering the onerous burdens of proof by telling them lies they want to believe, and fueling grievances is not dependent upon truth.

100186.gif

"Them 'liberals' is all demons
doin' real evil stuff everywhere!"

Insightful analysis.

Let's not overlook the obvious: They can dazzle the weird worshipers without the encountering the onerous burdens of proof by telling them lies they want to believe, and fueling grievances is not dependent upon truth.
Sure. Such is the case with 2000 Donkeys.

They believed every word before they even heard them. Such is the behavior of a cult.

Sure. Such is the case with 2000 Donkeys.

They believed every word before they even heard them. Such is the behavior of a cult.
One revelation, despite the desperate efforts of hardcore Trumpers to hide everything, is the grasp of insiders - Kushner, Conway, Pence, Barr, etc., etc., etc. - that the Cry Baby Loser had clearly lost (just as pre-election surveys had long predicted.) They all took to their lifeboats with all the alacrity that self-preservation can inspire, rather than face the eminent fate of the Trump manure barge of state by gathering at the stern to intone Nearer My God To Thee.

As the realists absconded, it left the void that was readily filled by sycophantic fantasists like Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Pillow Boy, etc. to feed the narcissist the baseless crackpot notions that fuel his conspiracy derangement, irrational grievances, and petty vendettas.

The GOP would dearly love to stop waking up to January 6 every day, but the date that shall live in infamy, is about to be revisited and explicated. Summoning the testicular fortitude to honestly confront it may be the release that let's them finally move on.

One revelation, despite the desperate efforts of hardcore Trumpers to hide everything, is the grasp of insiders - Kushner, Conway, Pence, Barr, etc., etc., etc. - that the Cry Baby Loser had clearly lost (just as pre-election surveys had long predicted.) They all took to their lifeboats with all the alacrity that self-preservation can inspire, rather than face the eminent fate of the Trump manure barge of state by gathering at the stern to intone Nearer My God To Thee.

As the realists absconded, it left the void that was readily filled by sycophantic fantasists like Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Pillow Boy, etc. to feed the narcissist the baseless crackpot notions that fuel his conspiracy derangement, irrational grievances and petty vendettas.

The GOP would dearly love to stop waking up to January 6 every day, but the date that shall live in infamy, is about to be revisited and explicated. Summoning the testicular fortitude to honestly confront it may be the release that let's them finally move on.
I mentioned in another thread this morning that, given our current sociopolitical condition, perhaps the best we can hope for right now is for all of the facts to just be presented. Then, hopefully later -- when we've evolved and improved and emerged from this era of competing realities -- we can admit and address what happened with honesty and integrity.

My standards for this country have dropped so low in the last six years that I'd be happy to just hope for that.

I mentioned in another thread this morning that, given our current sociopolitical condition, perhaps the best we can hope for right now is for all of the facts to just be presented. Then, hopefully later -- when we've evolved and improved and emerged from this era of competing realities -- we can admit and address what happened with honesty and integrity.

My standards for this country have dropped so low in the last six years that I'd be happy to just hope for that.
Some are driven by emotion that eschews inconvenient data, evidence, corroborated sworn testimony, facts, and all the normal, objective cerebral touchstones.

I expect that the documented truths that will be provided by the January 6 investigative committee will not be countered by substantive refutations, but by vapid vituperation, desperate diversion, and hysterical demonization.

Let's hope that time dissipates the mindless rage, as the reality to endure.

another left wing whine bites the dust.
The Cult of Trump strains to contrive his goon attack on Congress into a Democratic attempt by those demonic "liberals" into a classic petty Trump vendetta, but they are flummoxed when Republicans like McCarthy blame the Loser for his goon attack, and senior GOP politicians and Trump toadies like McConnell, Christie, and Barr state the obvious that other Republicans tacitly concede: The Lose lost.

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 7.51.32 AM.png

"Ooooo! I'm so pissy!"

The Cult of Trump strains to contrive his goon attack on Congress into a Democratic attempt by those demonic "liberals" into a classic petty Trump vendetta...
I had one of them accuse me of lying when I pointed out how Hannity and Ingraham were among the many Republicans who were frantically texting Meadows that day, begging him to convince Trump to call off the attack. So the rubes think it was the FBI/Antifa because they haven't been told about this, and the politicians and insiders knew better.

I had one of them accuse me of lying when I pointed out how Hannity and Ingraham were among the many Republicans who were frantically texting Meadows that day, begging him to convince Trump to call off the attack. So the rubes think it was the FBI/Antifa because they haven't been told about this, and the politicians and insiders knew better.
Even Jr, was frantic that the Loser call off his goon attack, and No.1 Daughter and Kushner were among those who immediately fled from the absurd fantasy of a stolen "Landslide!" and any attempts to contrive excuses for the assault upon democracy.

Forum List

Back