Jeb Bush: Let's Focus On Helping Christian Syrian Refugees, Rather Than Muslims

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Bush said that the U.S. should use a careful screening process to ensure the refugees it accepts are Christian.

In the wake of the Paris terror attacks, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Sunday that American aid toward refugees should be geared toward Christians who are fleeing persecution in Syria, as opposed to those who are Muslim.

"I think we need to do thorough screening and take in a limited number," Bush said on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday. "There are a lot of Christians in Syria that have no place now. They'll be either executed or imprisoned, either by Assad or by ISIS. We should focus our efforts as it relates to the refugees for the Christians that are being slaughtered."

More: Jeb Bush: Let's Focus On Helping The Christian Syrian Refugees, Rather Than The Muslims

Religion should have nothing to do with which refugees are accepted - so long as they go through a careful screening process. Our "Godless" Constitution gives us a "secular" government that applies equally to all religions - and Atheists. To my knowledge - there has never been a religious test for previous refugees throughout American history. No preferential treatment for Christian refugees!

Jeb!'s just saying what he thinks he needs to for his candidacy.

Lakooka will volunteer to take in a few Mooslims, eh Lakooka? C'mon...put your money where your mouth is

Why are NaziCons so fearful of everything? They probably don't walk in sunlight for fear of seeing their shadow. It really is sadly funny how they want to spend nearly the entire U.S. budget on defense - while ignoring infrastructure and social issues.

"Religion should have nothing to do with which refugees are accepted - so long as they go through a careful screening process."

Correct.

It's reprehensible to refuse asylum to some based solely on their religion.

Muslim refugees aren't responsible for the attacks in Paris.

Bush is indeed wrong on this, showing his cowardice and lack of sound reasoning skills – someone clearly not qualified to be president.

No. He thinks he can spin a few words around to make it sound better. but the answer is STILL NO. unless all you in favor will take them to your homes and PAY FOR THEM for the first two years TOO

Bad timing but Interesting and possibly desperate move by the Jeb campaign. It doesn't make much sense at this stage of the conflict with ISIS but maybe Jeb thinks he can rally the conservative base with nonsensical rhetoric.

We shouldn't take any at all, period.

Make some "safe space" for them there, in their own region.

My, what a compassionate heart you have.

The poster suggested a safe space for all. Given that no Christians have killed in the name of Isis, Bush suggested they would be more safe to let in so that we could mitigate the risk against the Sharia jihadists. How do you not find that compassionate?

The poster suggested a safe space for all. Given that no Christians have killed in the name of Isis, Bush suggested they would be more safe to let in so that we could mitigate the risk against the Sharia jihadists. How do you not find that compassionate?

I find it UNFAIR. I want my tax dollars to help all or none - regardess of religion!

I find it UNFAIR. I want my tax dollars to help all or none!

You think your entire existence is unfair...what's one more thing

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I find it UNFAIR.

Then take what YOU find UNFAIR to the American Voter and see if they align with you. Given, the risk, my bet is the majority of the American voters won't give a shit about what you deem unfair. YOU are a single data point, not a trend.

Nah, leave 'em there or let some other Arab country take them.

Sounds like Jeb is having another Terri Schiavo moment.

Forum List

Back