Jesus And The Hidden Contradictions Of The Gospels

According to concordance, a Zealot was a partisan for Jewish political independence.*

* Strong’s Concordance, s.v. “Zēlŏtēs” (Strong's 2208).

The contradictions arent hidden. One gospel says that Jesus was born during the 15th year of the Roman Emperor Tiberius. We have this exact date. The issue is Herod the Great (King Herod) had been dead for over 10 years. Many scholars thing he was added as a villain in order to demonize him.

The NT wasn't actually written by anyone who knew Jesus the earliest versions were written over 80 years after the accepted time of the crucifixion.
the people VILLIANIZED in the NT are the PHARISEES. ---not Herod and or even his
perverse dancing slut daughter

english. 'when I checked into a hotel I was
DIRECTED to room 4-12 on the fourth floor'

There weren't any hotels in ancient Palestine.

Travelers probably didn't have many options.. an inn or a barn .. a tent or a cave. I don't understand why this is an issue for you.

In the christmas story PLAYS presented in my public schools by the kids from the Catholic School EVERY YEAR-----the little plays include a scene in which a person dressed up as a very hostile jewish man opens a door to an "INN" and says "no room"
to Joseph and Mary. I have never seen a nativity
play that did not include that scene
Then you missed the play where the child playing the innkeeper took matters into his own hands on play night. He said, "Of course you may stay here. I'll make room." :)

According to concordance, a Zealot is a partisan for Jewish political independence.*

* Strong’s Concordance, s.v. “Zēlŏtēs” (Strong's 2208).
ok----but I would like to know the WORD used in
the NT or any other christian writings that corresponds to ZEALOT-----whether in Hebrew,
Greek, or Aramaic. Historically the pharisees were
prominent in the political independence thing in
Judea and amongst jews, virtually the only victims
of crucifixion

Travelers probably didn't have many options.. an inn or a barn .. a tent or a cave. I don't understand why this is an issue for you.
HISTORICALLY there were MANY inns ---in and
around Jerusalem and on the way to Jerusalem
since the city was one of PILGRIMAGE.. You want
to quibble over words like 'hotel' "motel" or
even 'hostel' --------as yet another OBFUSTICATE
trick?

Zealot | Judaism | Britannica
The Zealots were an aggressive political party whose concern for the national and religious life of the Jewish people led them to despise even Jews who sought peace and Zealot, member of a

excerpt:

Zealot, member of a Jewish sect noted for its uncompromising opposition to pagan Rome and the polytheism it professed. The Zealots were an aggressive political party whose concern for the national and religious life of the Jewish people led them to despise even Jews who sought peace and conciliation with the Roman authorities.

A census of Galilee ordered by Rome in AD 6 spurred the Zealots to rally the populace to noncompliance on the grounds that agreement was an implicit acknowledgment by Jews of the right of pagans to rule their nation.

Extremists among the Zealots turned to terrorism and assassination and became known as Sicarii (Greek sikarioi, “dagger men”). They frequented public places with hidden daggers to strike down persons friendly to Rome.

In the first revolt against Rome (AD 66–70) the Zealots played a leading role, and at Masada in 73 they committed suicide rather than surrender the fortress, but they were still a force to be reckoned with in the first part of the following century.

A few scholars see a possible relationship between the Zealots and the Jewish religious community mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Then you missed the play where the child playing the innkeeper took matters into his own hands on play night. He said, "Of course you may stay here. I'll make room." :)
The person playing the INN-KEEPER was typically,
in the MANY NATIVITY stories I saw (always done
by the kids from the catholic school)-----NASTY

HISTORICALLY there were MANY inns ---in and
around Jerusalem and on the way to Jerusalem
since the city was one of PILGRIMAGE.. You want
to quibble over words like 'hotel' "motel" or
even 'hostel' --------as yet another OBFUSTICATE
trick?

Bethlehem not Jerusalem.

ok----but I would like to know the WORD used in
the NT or any other christian writings that corresponds to ZEALOT-----whether in Hebrew,
Greek, or Aramaic. Historically the pharisees were
prominent in the political independence thing in
Judea and amongst jews, virtually the only victims
of crucifixion
Ζηλωτής

Etymology also plays a role. Back in Biblical times, our word 'inn' was also used to designate the guest area of a home. If Mary and Joseph were not the only guests staying with friends or relatives that day, there may not have been room for Mary to give birth among the men also there. Another warm, private place in a home was the downstairs where often, in the evening, animals were brought in out of the weather or to prevent theft.

Etymology is fascinating! We should do more of it.

Zealot | Judaism | Britannica
The Zealots were an aggressive political party whose concern for the national and religious life of the Jewish people led them to despise even Jews who sought peace and Zealot, member of a

excerpt:

Zealot, member of a Jewish sect noted for its uncompromising opposition to pagan Rome and the polytheism it professed. The Zealots were an aggressive political party whose concern for the national and religious life of the Jewish people led them to despise even Jews who sought peace and conciliation with the Roman authorities.

A census of Galilee ordered by Rome in AD 6 spurred the Zealots to rally the populace to noncompliance on the grounds that agreement was an implicit acknowledgment by Jews of the right of pagans to rule their nation.

Extremists among the Zealots turned to terrorism and assassination and became known as Sicarii (Greek sikarioi, “dagger men”). They frequented public places with hidden daggers to strike down persons friendly to Rome.

In the first revolt against Rome (AD 66–70) the Zealots played a leading role, and at Masada in 73 they committed suicide rather than surrender the fortress, but they were still a force to be reckoned with in the first part of the following century.

A few scholars see a possible relationship between the Zealots and the Jewish religious community mentioned in the Dead Sea Scrolls.
right-----like the people who hated and were hated by roman shills like CAIAPHAS, THE HEROD FAMILY. -----and were MOSTLY PHARISEES-----like Jesus. They were crucified by the thousands, by
the Romans.

Etymology also plays a role. Back in Biblical times, our word 'inn' was also used to designate the guest area of a home. If Mary and Joseph were not the only guests staying with friends or relatives that day, there may not have been room for Mary to give birth among the men also there. Another warm, private place in a home was the downstairs where often, in the evening, animals were brought in out of the weather or to prevent theft.

Etymology is fascinating! We should do more of it.
Interesting, but not entirely relevant. ----the story
I learned in sunday school was THE MANGER--
which is more like THE BARN when animals are
FED

The person playing the INN-KEEPER was typically,
in the MANY NATIVITY stories I saw (always done
by the kids from the catholic school)-----NASTY
Sigh. One Catholic school among many, but you were there at that one. In others, innkeepers were regretfully shaking their heads--or changing the script. That, of course, never occurred to you.

which is more like THE BARN
when animals are
FED

My understanding of manger was the ground floor of a house where animals stayed at night, but it not a serious issue, is it?

which is more like THE BARN when animals are
FED
Possibly. Today, when an unexpected birth occurs we might make do with a drawer or a laundry basket. Easy to imagine the women of the house cleaning a manger to use as a makeshift crib.

the people VILLIANIZED in the NT are the PHARISEES. ---not Herod and or even his
perverse dancing slut daughter

Herod the great was dead before Jesus or John the babtist were even born. The things written about him in the bible were likely falsehoods designed to slander and demonize him for his support of Rome.

The Pharasees were like demonized to a degree, but they did profit off of the temple. And likely didnt like jesus because his teachings often contradicted their own. Did orchastrate his arrest and execution? Likely not. Rome like saw his following as a rebellion, especially since many of them called him the true king of Isreal, wanted him dead to begin with. But the Pharasees did likely want Jesus dead.

Herod the great was dead before Jesus or John the babtist were even born. The things written about him in the bible were likely falsehoods designed to slander and demonize him for his support of Rome.

The Pharasees were like demonized to a degree, but they did profit off of the temple. And likely didnt like jesus because his teachings often contradicted their own. Did orchastrate his arrest and execution? Likely not. Rome like saw his following as a rebellion, especially since many of them called him the true king of Isreal, wanted him dead to begin with. But the Pharasees did likely want Jesus dead.
In what way did the pharisees profit from the
Temple? I am GREATLY intrigued. Jesus was an
OBVIOUS pharisee. In what way did the teachings
of Jesus "contradict" those of the Pharisees?

Possibly. Today, when an unexpected birth occurs we might make do with a drawer or a laundry basket. Easy to imagine the women of the house cleaning a manger to use as a makeshift crib.
Interesting conjecture but not relevant to the
many many presentations of the nativity story
that I witnessed-----performed by catholic school
kids and orchestrated by priests and nuns

Interesting conjecture but not relevant to the
many many presentations of the nativity story
that I witnessed-----performed by catholic school
kids and orchestrated by priests and nuns
You are aware that Catholic school kids, unlike Peter Pan, do grow up and do more in depth Bible studies? No need to be stuck back in the day of children's plays.

Forum List

Back