Jesus became one of us to help and save us!!!

GISMYS

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2013
Jesus Became One of Us to Help Us and save us!

11 Jesus, who makes people holy, and all those who are made holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus isn’t ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says,
“I will tell my people about your name.
I will praise you within the congregation.”

13 In addition, Jesus says,
“I will trust him.”

And Jesus says,

“I am here with the sons and daughters God has given me.”

14 Since all of these sons and daughters have flesh and blood, Jesus took on flesh and blood to be like them. He did this so that by dying he would destroy the one who had power over death (that is, the devil). 15 In this way he would free those who were slaves all their lives because they were afraid of dying. 16 So Jesus helps Abraham’s descendants rather than helping angels. 17 Therefore, he had to become like his brothers and sisters so that he could be merciful. He became like them so that he could serve as a faithful chief priest in God’s presence and make peace with God for their sins. 18 Because Jesus experienced temptation when he suffered, he is able to help others when they are tempted.
HEBREWS 2:11-18

As the Holy Spirit says,
“If you hear God speak today, don’t be stubborn.
Don’t be stubborn like those who rebelled
and tested me in the desert.
That is where your ancestors tested me,

10 although they had seen what I had done for 40 years.
That is why I was angry with those people. So I said,
‘Their hearts continue to stray,
and they have not learned my ways.’

11 So I angrily took a solemn oath
that they would never enter my place of rest.”

12 Be careful, brothers and sisters, that none of you ever develop a wicked, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13 Encourage each other every day while you have the opportunity. If you do this, none of you will be deceived by sin and become stubborn. 14 After all, we will remain Christ’s partners only if we continue to hold on to our original confidence until the end.

15 Scripture says,

“If you hear God speak today, don’t be stubborn.
Don’t be stubborn like those who rebelled.”

HEBREWS 3:7-15

14 We need to hold on to our declaration of faith: We have a superior chief priest who has gone through the heavens. That person is Jesus, the Son of God. 15 We have a chief priest who is able to sympathize with our weaknesses. He was tempted in every way that we are, but he didn’t sin. 16 So we can go confidently to the throne of God’s kindness to receive mercy and find kindness, which will help us at the right time. HEBREWS 4:14-16

BELIEVE AND ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR,CONFESS AND REPENT OF YOUR SIN. Jesus brought the sacrifice for the sins of the people once and for all when he sacrificed himself. HEBREWS 7:27

The symbolism is so... Under whelming. Perhaps,.. if God cared SO MUCH, he wouldn't make us suffer do much IF he was all knowing and so powerful. We are "god's" children, what parent in good conscience lets their kids suffer in pain? Christianity comes off little better than Voodoo or Buddhism or any other form of mysticism.

Last edited:
We suffer at the hands of Satan. God has been faithful to provide instruction on how to avoid Satan's traps.
His Son became one of us to pay the consequence of our sin so we wouldn't have to and He salvages us from eternal death by providing refuge in Heavenly places.
What else is it that you require?

The Son of God became a man so that men could become the sons of God.

And i dont think we suffer at satan's hands. I think we suffer at our own. Satan only has the power we give him in our life.

Jesus Became One of Us to Help Us and save us!

What, he was one of them, a gay?

11 Jesus, who makes people holy,

Fuck - even Jesus was a gun nut.

“I am here with the sons and daughters God has given me.”

Ah, not gay, a bisexual

He became like them so that he could serve as a faithful chief

No no no - That's a misquote. Jesus became a famous chef after that loaves and fishes thing.

Jesus on the cross, calls down to his mother and, in a weak voice says, "you can see our house from here".

BELIEVE AND ACCEPT JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR,CONFESS AND REPENT OF YOUR SIN. Jesus brought the sacrifice for the sins of the people once and for all when he sacrificed himself. HEBREWS 7:27

Yes, that's all well and good but does he give head?

It makes no sense to use the Bible to prove anything supernatural. It's circular reasoning. It's true because it's in the Bible and it's in the Bible because it's true.

The fact is that there is no extra biblical evidence to support anything. Why didn't the contemporaries, Joesephus and Philo write about it? No record of the blackout on his death? No record of the torn temple curtains? No record of the risen masses from the grave? When even mundane details were being recorded. The fact is that the more you learn about the era, the more you have to suspend reasoning.

it makes no sense to use the bible to prove anything supernatural. It's circular reasoning. It's true because it's in the bible and it's in the bible because it's true.

The fact is that there is no extra biblical evidence to support anything. Why didn't the contemporaries, joesephus and philo write about it? No record of the blackout on his death? No record of the torn temple curtains? No record of the risen masses from the grave? When even mundane details were being recorded. The fact is that the more you learn about the era, the more you have to suspend reasoning.

you will believe god's word or satan's lies!!! Your choice!

the symbolism is so... Under whelming. Perhaps,.. If god cared so much, he wouldn't make us suffer do much if he was all knowing and so powerful. We are "god's" children, what parent in good conscience lets their kids suffer in pain? Christianity comes off little better than voodoo or buddhism or any other form of mysticism.

typical!!! Mankind ruins all creation with his choice to live in sin and reject god then wants to try to blame god for the results of mankind's evil.

It makes no sense to use the Bible to prove anything supernatural. It's circular reasoning. It's true because it's in the Bible and it's in the Bible because it's true.

The fact is that there is no extra biblical evidence to support anything. Why didn't the contemporaries, Joesephus and Philo write about it? No record of the blackout on his death? No record of the torn temple curtains? No record of the risen masses from the grave? When even mundane details were being recorded. The fact is that the more you learn about the era, the more you have to suspend reasoning.

If you saw supernatural phenomena, what proof could you offer besides seeing it?
That is the point.

Josephus and Philo can't record everything.

It is like expecting the Oxford English Dictionary to have every word used throughout history. It isn't going to happen.

The library in Alexandra was burned so the idea that you would have everything from history is absurd.

1 John 1
John’s Reason for Writing
1 The Word of life existed from the beginning. We have heard it. We have seen it. We observed and touched it. 2 This life was revealed to us. We have seen it, and we testify about it. We are reporting to you about this eternal life that was in the presence of the Father and was revealed to us. 3 This is the life we have seen and heard. We are reporting about it to you also so that you, too, can have a relationship with us. Our relationship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 We are writing this so that we can be completely filled with joy.

Through Jesus We Have a Relationship with God

5 This is the message we heard from Christ and are reporting to you: God is light, and there isn’t any darkness in him. 6 If we say, “We have a relationship with God” and yet live in the dark, we’re lying. We aren’t being truthful.

7 But if we live in the light in the same way that God is in the light, we have a relationship with each other. And the blood of his Son Jesus cleanses us from every sin. 8 If we say, “We aren’t sinful” we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we’ve done wrong. 10 If we say, “We have never sinned,” we turn God into a liar and his Word is not in us.
1 JOHN 1:1-10

it makes no sense to use the bible to prove anything supernatural. It's circular reasoning. It's true because it's in the bible and it's in the bible because it's true.

The fact is that there is no extra biblical evidence to support anything. Why didn't the contemporaries, joesephus and philo write about it? No record of the blackout on his death? No record of the torn temple curtains? No record of the risen masses from the grave? When even mundane details were being recorded. The fact is that the more you learn about the era, the more you have to suspend reasoning.

you will believe god's word or satan's lies!!! Your choice!
In other words you can't support anything outside of the Bible. Which is NOT God's word, btw. It's a compilation of what the early catholic (small c) voted on as a compromise.

If you saw supernatural phenomena, what proof could you offer besides seeing it?
That is the point.
That means we should believe anything said no matter what, when or where? That's irrational.
Josephus and Philo can't record everything.

It is like expecting the Oxford English Dictionary to have every word used throughout history. It isn't going to happen.

The library in Alexandra was burned so the idea that you would have everything from history is absurd.
I gave you specific examples that you are dodging. The thought that an Orthodox Jew like Josephus would not have mentioned the temple drapes being torn in two is beyond credibility. The supernatural claims simply are not recorded, why would they write about mundane things in detail but overlook Earth shattering events? You are being intellectually dishonest.

Get real! Jewish people living under roman rule have more to worry about than the temple drapes being torn. If josephus was not a believer,he to would want to try to deny the "supernatural" !!!! Wise up!

Consider this: The Father has given us his love. He loves us so much that we are actually called God’s dear children. And that’s what we are. For this reason the world doesn’t recognize us, and it didn’t recognize him either. 2 Dear friends, now we are God’s children. What we will be isn’t completely clear yet. We do know that when Christ appears we will be like him because we will see him as he is. 3 So all people who have this confidence in Christ keep themselves pure, as Christ is pure.1 JOHN 3:1-3

Forum List

Back