Jesus became one of us to help and save us!!!

BELIEVERS! We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love other believers. The person who doesn’t grow in love remains in death. 15 Everyone who hates another believer is a murderer, and you know that a murderer doesn’t have eternal life.

16 We understand what love is when we realize that Christ gave his life for us. That means we must give our lives for other believers. 17 Now, suppose a person has enough to live on and notices another believer in need. How can God’s love be in that person if he doesn’t bother to help the other believer? 18 Dear children, we must show love through actions that are sincere, not through empty words.

19 This is how we will know that we belong to the truth and how we will be reassured in his presence. 20 Whenever our conscience condemns us, we will be reassured that God is greater than our conscience and knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our conscience doesn’t condemn us, we can boldly look to God 22 and receive from him anything we ask. We receive it because we obey his commandments and do what pleases him. 23 This is his commandment: to believe in his Son, the one named Jesus Christ, and to love each other as he commanded us. 24 Those who obey Christ’s commandments live in God, and God lives in them. We know that he lives in us because he has given us the Spirit.
1 JOHN 3:14-24

YOU CAN Test People Who Say They Have God’s Spirit

4 Dear friends, don’t believe all people who say that they have the Spirit. Instead, test them. See whether the spirit they have is from God, because there are many false prophets in the world. 2 This is how you can recognize God’s Spirit: Every person who declares that Jesus Christ has come as a human has the Spirit that is from God. 3 But every person who doesn’t declare that Jesus Christ has come as a human has a spirit that isn’t from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist that you have heard is coming. That spirit is already in the world.

4 Dear children, you belong to God. So you have won the victory over these people, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 These people belong to the world. That’s why they speak the thoughts of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We belong to God. The person who knows God listens to us. Whoever doesn’t belong to God doesn’t listen to us. That’s how we can tell the Spirit of truth from the spirit of lies.
1 JOHN 4:1-6

Get real! Jewish people living under roman rule have more to worry about than the temple drapes being torn. If josephus was not a believer,he to would want to try to deny the "supernatural" !!!! Wise up!
So Josephus covered it up or it wasn't worthy of note? Which is it? You obviously have no concept of what the Temple meant to Orthodox Jews. The drapes covered the Holy of Holies that only the high priest could visit.

So none of the miracles were mentioned due to the dishonesty of Josephus? What about Philo, he was a Hellenized Jew. Your story makes no sense.
Consider this: The Father has given us his love. He loves us so much that we are actually called God’s dear children. And that’s what we are. For this reason the world doesn’t recognize us, and it didn’t recognize him either. 2 Dear friends, now we are God’s children. What we will be isn’t completely clear yet. We do know that when Christ appears we will be like him because we will see him as he is. 3 So all people who have this confidence in Christ keep themselves pure, as Christ is pure.1 JOHN 3:1-3
Sticking your head in the sand won't make it look more credible.

Those Who Believe in Jesus Are God’s Children

5 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Messiah has been born from God. Everyone who loves the Father also loves his children. 2 We know that we love God’s children when we love God by obeying his commandments. 3 To love God means that we obey his commandments. Obeying his commandments isn’t difficult 4 because everyone who has been born from God has won the victory over the world. Our faith is what wins the victory over the world. 5 Who wins the victory over the world? Isn’t it the person who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
1 JOHN 5:1-5

Consider this: The Father has given us his love. He loves us so much that we are actually called God’s dear children. And that’s what we are. For this reason the world doesn’t recognize us, and it didn’t recognize him either. 2 Dear friends, now we are God’s children. What we will be isn’t completely clear yet. We do know that when Christ appears we will be like him because we will see him as he is. 3 So all people who have this confidence in Christ keep themselves pure, as Christ is pure.1 JOHN 3:1-3

If I could underline that last part, GISMY, I would. It speaks of people - believers - who have this confidence in Christ KEEP THEMSELVES PURE, as Christ is pure. That is the narrow path and the strait gate. I admire your passion for Christ even though we don't agree on the rapture teaching.

I do believe God will reward you for preaching Christ & writing scripture here. You cannot bless others without being blessed yourself. I pray God blesses you abundantly.

- Jeri

consider this: The father has given us his love. He loves us so much that we are actually called god’s dear children. And that’s what we are. For this reason the world doesn’t recognize us, and it didn’t recognize him either. 2 dear friends, now we are god’s children. What we will be isn’t completely clear yet. We do know that when christ appears we will be like him because we will see him as he is. 3 so all people who have this confidence in christ keep themselves pure, as christ is pure.1 john 3:1-3

if i could underline that last part, gismy, i would. It speaks of people - believers - who have this confidence in christ keep themselves pure, as christ is pure. That is the narrow path and the strait gate. I admire your passion for christ even though we don't agree on the rapture teaching.

I do believe god will reward you for preaching christ & writing scripture here. You cannot bless others without being blessed yourself. I pray god blesses you abundantly.

- jeri

yes!!! For some the only scripture(word from god) they may have ever read is what they have seen here!!! Imho. God brings such people here for good reason!!!

The Son of God became a man so that men could become the sons of God.

And i dont think we suffer at satan's hands. I think we suffer at our own. Satan only has the power we give him in our life.

We have the power of choice and free will, what we do with that will be our pleasure or our bane. However, how it effects those who are around us (family, friends, places of employment) is the real sin if we make poor choices.

11 This is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is found in his Son. 12 The person who has the Son has this life. The person who doesn’t have the Son of God doesn’t have this life.1 JOHN 5:11-12 BELIEVERS! We know that we are from God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

20 We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we know the real God. We are in the one who is real, his Son Jesus Christ. This Jesus Christ is the real God and eternal life.

21 Dear children, guard yourselves from false gods.
1 JOHN 5:19-21

The Son of God became a man so that men could become the sons of God.

And i dont think we suffer at satan's hands. I think we suffer at our own. Satan only has the power we give him in our life.

Av, we'll have to disagree on this one. While we should do all we can to resist temptation, all evil and all ills are the direct result of Satan's influence.

God doesn't even place responsiblility for sin on us. Satan was responsible for the fall of man. Your actions, my actions, have nothing to do with it.
If we never committed a sinful act we would still need Christ to remove the sin that has been passed down from Adam to us.

Sin is a generational blood issue. It requires a pure blood transfusion. If our actions were the cause of sin then our actions should be able to remove it, and Christ wouldn't be necessary. But that is not the case. Adam passed his corrupted blood issue right on down to us. We are not responsiable for it. It is not our responsibility to remove it.
Man has no remedy for sin.
Romans 5:12-15
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13 For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

The offence is not ours, and neither is the gift that removes it.
:eusa_angel:

GOD SAYS ALL MANKIND ARE SINNERS.
…If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1 JOHN I:10

It makes no sense to use the Bible to prove anything supernatural. It's circular reasoning. It's true because it's in the Bible and it's in the Bible because it's true.

The fact is that there is no extra biblical evidence to support anything. Why didn't the contemporaries, Joesephus and Philo write about it? No record of the blackout on his death? No record of the torn temple curtains? No record of the risen masses from the grave? When even mundane details were being recorded. The fact is that the more you learn about the era, the more you have to suspend reasoning.

That is incorrect. Thallus was an eyewitness to the darkness that occurred when Christ was on the cross, and recorded it. Phlegon also described it and gave us the exact time it occurred.
And the earthquake was recorded in China.
Archaeologists have uncovered a wealth of proof that the Bible is true. How you know it is from God is because He calls the events beforehand. David described the crucification 1,000 years before there was such a thing as crucification.
No proof existed though until the remains of a crucified skeleton were found, the nail still in the ankle and wood.

Archeology has never found anything that was contrary to what we are told in the Bible.
There was no proof of the House of David until they uncovered a stone that was inscribed with the details of a war against the House of David. There was no evidence for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah until the planetary disk was found that tracked the event.

Not only were there eyewitness to the masses returning from the grave that was recorded, but there is also written testimony from the interrogation of two men, interrogated separately, who had died and returned with Christ. We even know what they were all singing when they showed up with Christ.

The Bible is sound.

Last edited:
GOD SAYS ALL MANKIND ARE SINNERS.
…If we confess our sins,

When I was a terrible Christian, I smashed 9 out of 10 commandments.
Adultery was the most fun and most commonly committed.

I'm a far better Muslim these days so I stopped breaking them.

and here i thought it was becasue he wanted to be a carpenter.......

That is incorrect. Thallus was an eyewitness to the darkness that occurred when Christ was on the cross, and recorded it. Phlegon also described it and gave us the exact time it occurred.
And the earthquake was recorded in China.
You know this for a fact? There should have been a whole bunch of people recording the events.

Edward T. Babinski - Biblical Errancy: Thallus question and the non-historicity of Jesus' resurrection miracles
The Thallus question is totally inconclusive. One obscure author, Thallus, quoted (accurately or selectively and with interpretation) by another obscure author, Africanus, who is then quoted by Eusebius, the 3rd or 4th century church historian who admitted he only recorded things which would add glory to the church, and not publish things that might detract from that glory. That's how we know of Thallus and Africanus, from Eusebius. Exactly what Thallus originally said or was referring to is anyone's guess.
Archaeologists have uncovered a wealth of proof that the Bible is true. How you know it is from God is because He calls the events beforehand. David described the crucification 1,000 years before there was such a thing as crucification.
No proof existed though until the remains of a crucified skeleton were found, the nail still in the ankle and wood.
David's mention of piercing hands and feet is not evidence of foreknowledge of a crucifixion. You are engaging in circular reasoning. What difference does it make when Roman crucifixion was discovered?
Archeology has never found anything that was contrary to what we are told in the Bible.
There was no proof of the House of David until they uncovered a stone that was inscribed with the details of a war against the House of David. There was no evidence for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah until the planetary disk was found that tracked the event.
None of that is supernatural.
Not only were there eyewitness to the masses returning from the grave that was recorded, but there is also written testimony from the interrogation of two men, interrogated separately, who had died and returned with Christ. We even know what they were all singing when they showed up with Christ.

The Bible is sound.
There were several accounts written, that aren't consistent, as soon as 30 years later by unknown authors. Not exactly eye witness accounts. Many things were written over man's history, that doesn't make them true. Supposed eye witness accounts would have to be the flimsiest evidence.

And why didn't Jesus write anything down? No time for this important message? And how is it that people who lived with him as disciples still didn't have an understanding that salvation was for all, not just the Jews. Not until Paul comes along, who never met Jesus, does the doctrine get established. That's wierd. The evidence is that the story evolved over time, some people wrote some things and various books were voted on. There are too many things that don't add up, so no, it isn't "sound".

that is incorrect. Thallus was an eyewitness to the darkness that occurred when christ was on the cross, and recorded it. Phlegon also described it and gave us the exact time it occurred.
And the earthquake was recorded in china.
you know this for a fact? There should have been a whole bunch of people recording the events.

edward t. Babinski - biblical errancy: Thallus question and the non-historicity of jesus' resurrection miracles
the thallus question is totally inconclusive. One obscure author, thallus, quoted (accurately or selectively and with interpretation) by another obscure author, africanus, who is then quoted by eusebius, the 3rd or 4th century church historian who admitted he only recorded things which would add glory to the church, and not publish things that might detract from that glory. That's how we know of thallus and africanus, from eusebius. Exactly what thallus originally said or was referring to is anyone's guess.
archaeologists have uncovered a wealth of proof that the bible is true. How you know it is from god is because he calls the events beforehand. David described the crucification 1,000 years before there was such a thing as crucification.
david's mention of piercing hands and feet is not evidence of foreknowledge of a crucifixion. You are engaging in circular reasoning. What difference does it make when roman crucifixion was discovered?
archeology has never found anything that was contrary to what we are told in the bible.
There was no proof of the house of david until they uncovered a stone that was inscribed with the details of a war against the house of david. There was no evidence for the destruction of sodom and gomorrah until the planetary disk was found that tracked the event.
none of that is supernatural.
not only were there eyewitness to the masses returning from the grave that was recorded, but there is also written testimony from the interrogation of two men, interrogated separately, who had died and returned with christ. We even know what they were all singing when they showed up with christ.

The bible is sound.
there were several accounts written, that aren't consistent, as soon as 30 years later by unknown authors. Not exactly eye witness accounts. Many things were written over man's history, that doesn't make them true. Supposed eye witness accounts would have to be the flimsiest evidence.

And why didn't jesus write anything down? No time for this important message? And how is it that people who lived with him as disciples still didn't have an understanding that salvation was for all, not just the jews. Not until paul comes along, who never met jesus, does the doctrine get established. That's wierd. The evidence is that the story evolved over time, some people wrote some things and various books were voted on. There are too many things that don't add up, so no, it isn't "sound".

so you doubtand question god's wisdom and the truth of his inspired*(god breathed) word? If so you are on the road to hell!!!

so you doubtand question god's wisdom and the truth of his inspired*(god breathed) word? If so you are on the road to hell!!!
I don't doubt and question anymore. After being a Christian for 20 plus years and researching it for most of those years, I am comfortable with stating it's all a bunch of BS.

THERE IS NO DOWN SIDE TO LIVING LIFE AS A son OF ALMIGHTY GOD!!! REJECTING GOD AND GOD'S LOVE IS THE ROAD TO HELL!!!!

Forum List

Back