Jesus Camp

I would much rather see children raised Pagan than Christian.

But I will admit... I went to "church camp" a few times when I was a child and it was a lot of fun. 'Twas way more badass than what was in this video though.

Except...

The only thing I didn't like about it was the way the preachers constantly bashed other religions.

Also...

There was this one girl there who said she worshipped Zeus and the Greek Gods, lol. I never concluded whether or not she was doing it for attention or if she was completely serious. She seemed honest about it. I don't see why she'd lie, considering it made 99.9 percent of the other girls despise her. I remember the other "Christian" girls talking **** to her and telling her she'd go to Hell, teasin' her, name calling, etc...

To be honest, their intolerance pissed me off.

It made me want to see all those girls burnt alive, screaming in agony while their skin peeled off and their organs melted.

I liked her though. I wonder if she remained Pagan, or succumbed to Christianity? Or merged the two into her own religion, as I have?

I will never know.

Last edited:
Watch the Lester Sumrall video I put up, Flopper, and you'll find something to be concerned about. Good evening to you.

Excuse me, Flopper, but the children in the video were already born again believers. They were crying out in prayer for the unborn who are being murdered in this country through abortion. Their prayers were for the lost, not themselves. There was only one short clip of their repenting before the LORD for having gotten into some sinful activities at a public school they attended. They repented and were joyful after they repented. Just as you and I are joyful after we repent before the LORD for our own sins. We are born into this world with the sin of Adam. All of us. The bible declared Ye must be born again. I did not the radio broadcaster didn't believe that either. Even though Jesus said, Ye must be born again. The Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing but to those who believe it is the very power of God. Which one are you?

John 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

Context

Jesus and Nicodemus
…6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7"Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."…
I certainly don't consider the Gospel as foolishness but neither do I accept the whole Bible literally, particularly the Old Testament. If the Video was meant to be scary, I think it accomplished it's purpose.

Jere, I finally watched the rest of the video that is the topic of this thread. I have saved and will watch your video later.

At the end of the day, I might back off a tiny bit from my first impressions about the 'indoctrination' (or brainwashing); because The Irish Ram (and you Jere) have very good points, but Flopper and I seem to also agree up to a point. Like I said, parts of the movie seemed to show these very young children in an environment where it is all too much encouraged to 'act' a certain way and talk a certain talk. I fear that in some cases it is just part of the "group" and not really sinking in.

On the other hand, some of the children did seem to have a very firm grasp on Jesus Christ as well. I must say that when Flopper said that these children are taught that all they are are sinners, etc., well that if where I lost Flopper. Because all have fallen short.

Now to the 'Harry Potter" part, again. I find that I will usually change the channel when I start to watch a movie or TV program full of . . . . . well you know what I mean. If a movie is heavily into witchcraft, I turn the channel. I'll stop here on this.

Last but not least I do have an issue with 'speaking in tongues' (this might be a subject for another thread). As I understand 'tongues' from the book of Acts, it was when the Holy Spirit came down to the disciples. They started talking in 'tongues', but the 'tongues' they were talking were the many different languages that the different peoples spoke in Jerusalem at the time. So that everyone could understand the Gospel in their own language. I truly believe that is what 'speaking in tongues' should truly mean.

I _might_ have spoken in tongues in private prayer once or so, but honestly I usually pray in my mind and it usually just stops (IMHO God stops me) with my knowledge that the Lord already knows what is on my mind and heart, nuff said. I do see that 'speaking in tongues' is a spiritual language according to Paul, however in 1Chorinthians14 Paul does not see 'speaking in tongues' to edify the church, unless someone else is there with the gift to translate.

I know I posted too long, but I hope my last two paragraphs make sense. And that is all I have to say until I watch the next video . . . .

p.s. [MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION], yes your one thread in the Israel/Palestine section was somewhat civil, but you must visit there more often (or maybe not) to see that most go downhill in a hurry.

Jere, I finally watched the rest of the video that is the topic of this thread. I have saved and will watch your video later.

At the end of the day, I might back off a tiny bit from my first impressions about the 'indoctrination' (or brainwashing); because The Irish Ram (and you Jere) have very good points, but Flopper and I seem to also agree up to a point. Like I said, parts of the movie seemed to show these very young children in an environment where it is all too much encouraged to 'act' a certain way and talk a certain talk. I fear that in some cases it is just part of the "group" and not really sinking in.

On the other hand, some of the children did seem to have a very firm grasp on Jesus Christ as well. I must say that when Flopper said that these children are taught that all they are are sinners, etc., well that if where I lost Flopper. Because all have fallen short.

Now to the 'Harry Potter" part, again. I find that I will usually change the channel when I start to watch a movie or TV program full of . . . . . well you know what I mean. If a movie is heavily into witchcraft, I turn the channel. I'll stop here on this.

Last but not least I do have an issue with 'speaking in tongues' (this might be a subject for another thread). As I understand 'tongues' from the book of Acts, it was when the Holy Spirit came down to the disciples. They started talking in 'tongues', but the 'tongues' they were talking were the many different languages that the different peoples spoke in Jerusalem at the time. So that everyone could understand the Gospel in their own language. I truly believe that is what 'speaking in tongues' should truly mean.

I _might_ have spoken in tongues in private prayer once or so, but honestly I usually pray in my mind and it usually just stops (IMHO God stops me) with my knowledge that the Lord already knows what is on my mind and heart, nuff said. I do see that 'speaking in tongues' is a spiritual language according to Paul, however in 1Chorinthians14 Paul does not see 'speaking in tongues' to edify the church, unless someone else is there with the gift to translate.

I know I posted too long, but I hope my last two paragraphs make sense. And that is all I have to say until I watch the next video . . . .

p.s. [MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION], yes your one thread in the Israel/Palestine section was somewhat civil, but you must visit there more often (or maybe not) to see that most go downhill in a hurry.
I find myself agreeing with Gandhi when he said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Christianity is one of the most powerful forces on earth, a force that is all too often perverted by those with influence and power to accomplish very secular goals, promote wars, influence government policy, and destroy those with conflicting beliefs, all in the name of Christ.

I found the video rather frightening. I think those children would do whatever they were told to do without thought or question as long they were told it was God's will.

I appreciate very much your watching the video, thank you, Teddearp. The society in which our children are being exposed to today is quite different from the society my grandparents grew up in. The video by Lester Sumrall that I put up on this thread was made in the 90's so things were deteriorating even back then but today we see the escalation has been dramatic. With that we should consider what the bible says. When the enemy comes in like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him. The Spirit of the LORD is raising up a generation of children who are bold for God, who know who they are in Christ. I agree with you that some of the children on that video have a very firm grasp on who Jesus Christ is. I would add they have a very firm grasp on who they are In Christ which is equally important. They know their authority and they are using it. That includes praying in the Holy Spirit. Which is where the power is. In the book of Acts, it was the first order of business, you've been baptised with water but have you been baptised with fire? Have you been baptised in the Holy Spirit? The devil surely wanted to stop it - to quench the Spirit of God - by any means he could - including the introduction of false doctrines that would teach error and move the people away from that full surrender to the Holy Spirit. How did he do it? He used carnal men of course - to "organize a dead church" that could put the living one to death and the rest was history. ( The sons of Cain are still trying to murder the sons of Abel - no big surprise there )

On the subject of speaking in tongues. The disciples were not the only ones to pray in tongues. The early church prayed in tongues. I know in scripture Paul addresses some having departed from the faith to follow doctrines of devils and there is a doctrine of devils that teaches that tongues are not for today. That is a lie. Pentecost is still going on today, Teddearp. It never stopped! All over the world there are people receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. What America needs today is Pentacostal Fire!

A revival birthed by the Holy Spirit! Let men step aside and get out of the spot light that belongs to Jesus Christ alone and ask God to send the Holy Spirit! That is what this tired old world needs. A fresh touch from Heaven - an outpouring of the Holy Spirit! When Jesus Christ is lifted up He will draw all men unto Him. Not when man is lifted up! Why are the names of men being lifted up in ministry? Do you know Pauls' last name? Me neither. How about Timothy? Peter? John? Luke? Mark? Why do we need to know the last names of people in ministry? Is this about Jesus Christ or about them? I know that may sound radical to some but when I see Ministries where the name of the preacher is bigger than the name of Jesus Christ it tells me something is wrong. The greatest virtue lacking in the Body of Christ today is humility.

You know what happens when people pray in tongues, Teddyearp? The Holy Spirit takes control and begins to lead that person in the way they should go. The Holy Spirit begins to guide them in their prayer life, their interaction with other people, He guides them in where they go, how they spend their time, their money, their resources, everything. The more you pray in the Holy Spirit - in other tongues - the more He takes control until He is the One who has your tongue. Wouldn't it be a novel idea? For the Holy Spirit to have the tongues of a few preachers out there? Oh! I think it would be the start of something glorious! Truly glorious!

I find myself agreeing with Gandhi when he said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." Christianity is one of the most powerful forces on earth, a force that is all too often perverted by those with influence and power to accomplish very secular goals, promote wars, influence government policy, and destroy those with conflicting beliefs, all in the name of Christ.

I found the video rather frightening. I think those children would do whatever they were told to do without thought or question as long they were told it was God's will.

Problem with Ghandi is Jesus exposed him for what he was. A liar. How do I know this? Jesus said if they reject his followers they have rejected Him and if they have rejected Him they have rejected God who sent him. So with Jesus saying one thing and Ghandi claiming another which one shall we believe? Not a difficult decision for me at all. I'll believe Jesus and the Word of God which says Let the Word of God be true and every man ( who disagrees with it ) be found a liar. Amen? Amen. Oh, Flopper, the children spoke for themselves when they said they did not care what the world thought of them, only what God thought about them. It would appear to me by their own words they were not "told what to do" or told not to "question or think" about deciding to follow Christ. They have made their own choice. So respect that and have a look at the Sumrall video where these children do not appear to have been given any choice at all in the matter. I will include bible scripture that confirms the scripture I gave you to prove Ghandi was not speaking the truth according to Jesus Christ.

http://biblehub.com/luke/10-16.htm

He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
Who said that? Jesus Christ said that, Flopper. Look it up in Luke 10:16. It is written, He that heareth you, heareth me, and he that despiseth you, despiseth me, and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me.

What is Jesus saying? He is saying if you don't like my believers? You don't like me. And if you don't like me? You do not like God who sent me. Bottom line? Ghandi was a liar. Jesus proved it with this scripture. That is why we always go to the Word of God to expose the truth, Flopper. The Word of God is the truth and when a man doesn't agree with it? The bible calls him a liar. Let me provide that scripture for you as well.

http://biblehub.com/romans/3-4.htm

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, and might overcome when you are judged.
Who is God? The Word of God. John 1 - Look it up, Flopper. So this is why Jesus responded to the devil with, It is written. Because the Word of God justifies us in the truth when it is spoken and then the liar is exposed which in this case was Ghandi. If you have anything else that needs to be examined under the light of scripture feel free to put it up and we can do that. Otherwise we can leave it here. ( with the truth) Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Problem with Ghandi is Jesus exposed him for what he was. A liar. How do I know this? Jesus said if they reject his followers they have rejected Him and if they have rejected Him they have rejected God who sent him. So with Jesus saying one thing and Ghandi claiming another which one shall we believe? Not a difficult decision for me at all. I'll believe Jesus and the Word of God which says Let the Word of God be true and every man ( who disagrees with it ) be found a liar. Amen? Amen. Oh, Flopper, the children spoke for themselves when they said they did not care what the world thought of them, only what God thought about them. It would appear to me by their own words they were not "told what to do" or told not to "question or think" about deciding to follow Christ. They have made their own choice. So respect that and have a look at the Sumrall video where these children do not appear to have been given any choice at all in the matter. I will include bible scripture that confirms the scripture I gave you to prove Ghandi was not speaking the truth according to Jesus Christ.

http://biblehub.com/luke/10-16.htm

He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
Who said that? Jesus Christ said that, Flopper. Look it up in Luke 10:16. It is written, He that heareth you, heareth me, and he that despiseth you, despiseth me, and he that despiseth me, despiseth him that sent me.

What is Jesus saying? He is saying if you don't like my believers? You don't like me. And if you don't like me? You do not like God who sent me. Bottom line? Ghandi was a liar. Jesus proved it with this scripture. That is why we always go to the Word of God to expose the truth, Flopper. The Word of God is the truth and when a man doesn't agree with it? The bible calls him a liar. Let me provide that scripture for you as well. Hold on.

We don't know what Jesus actually said because the bible wasn't written by Jesus, it was by his followers. We don't truly know what Jesus said and we don't know the motives were behind what his followers wrote or even if they recalled it correctly.

Think about it this way. If you go to a speech and days, weeks or months later, would you get everything done correctly? No. You might get the gist of it but how one person interprets something is going to be different than another person's interpretation.

But making a blanket statement that a great man like Gandhi was a liar his whole life because of a book written 2000 years ago is wrong.

Luke 10:16 "Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

What is Jesus saying? He is saying if you don't like my believers? You don't like me. And if you don't like me? You do not like God who sent me. Bottom line? Ghandi was a liar. Jesus proved it with this scripture. That is why we always go to the Word of God to expose the truth, Flopper. The Word of God is the truth and when a man doesn't agree with it? The bible calls him a liar. Let me provide that scripture for you as well. Hold on.

We don't know what Jesus actually said because the bible wasn't written by Jesus, it was by his followers. We don't truly know what Jesus said and we don't know the motives were behind what his followers wrote or even if they recalled it correctly.

Think about it this way. If you go to a speech and days, weeks or months later, would you get everything done correctly? No. You might get the gist of it but how one person interprets something is going to be different than another person's interpretation.

But making a blanket statement that a great man like Gandhi was a liar his whole life because of a book written 2000 years ago is wrong.

The Word of God calls him a liar and I agree with the Word of God. Your problem is that you do not believe the Word of God but you are on a religion forum where many of us here accept it as the Word of God as truth and most definitely the Words of Jesus Christ which has already been proven to be His Words through Scholars who are far more highly qualified to establish the historical accuracy of Scripture and its origination than you or I. The bible is the most accurate and unaltered book of Antiquity in existence on the earth today and second to it the Iliad - so far as books of antiquity go. It is based on fact, not fairy tales.

On the matter of Ghandi claiming to like Jesus but not his followers Jesus is quite clear that could not possibly have been the truth. Therefore it was a lie. "A" lie. ( note the difference) Take it up with Jesus Christ. My decision to believe the Word of God over Ghandi or you is my decision and you will not be changing it, JFK_USA.

Furthermore, you have added to my words here, I never made a "blanket statement" and said Ghandi was a liar his whole life. You said that I did. Which makes you someone who has falsely accused me. ( fact! ) Repent and the LORD will forgive you. I already have.

*** Why not respond to the videos and give us your opinion on that so we can get back on topic here now that we have fully addressed Floppers' concerns?

Last edited:
Excuse me, Flopper, but the children in the video were already born again believers. They were crying out in prayer for the unborn who are being murdered in this country through abortion. Their prayers were for the lost, not themselves. There was only one short clip of their repenting before the LORD for having gotten into some sinful activities at a public school they attended. They repented and were joyful after they repented. Just as you and I are joyful after we repent before the LORD for our own sins. We are born into this world with the sin of Adam. All of us. The bible declared Ye must be born again. I did not the radio broadcaster didn't believe that either. Even though Jesus said, Ye must be born again. The Gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing but to those who believe it is the very power of God. Which one are you?

Context

Jesus and Nicodemus
…6"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7"Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' 8"The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit."…
I certainly don't consider the Gospel as foolishness but neither do I accept the whole Bible literally, particularly the Old Testament. If the Video was meant to be scary, I think it accomplished it's purpose.

I fail to see where it was scary. I didn't notice any frightened children. If it were scary one would think someone would have looks frightened in the video, Flopper. I believe that would come under the category of "evidence"?

Jeremiah, I agree with everything you said. However, I still have a problem with speaking in tongues. Maybe because it is one of the gifts of the spirit I never received much of. Or maybe because of my belief that if done in church, translation should be given; or that the original speaking in tongues was in languages that all those present understand.

I have nothing against it. However, if done in church I feel the same as Paul did in the chapter and verse I provided. It does nothing to edify the church unless translation is given. Example, when others see this, they think, "What is that? Babbling?" unless someone else can stand and translate.

I pray that you do not use speaking in tongues as a measuring stick of whether a person has been baptized with the Holy Spirit, because that would also go against scripture. I know I have been baptized with the Holy Spirit, but also know that tongues just isn't really one of the gifts the spirit has given me.

No more shocking than the 18 years the Obama family listened to left wing pseudo religious anti American crap from the Rev. Jerry Wright. I doubt if they will ever make a documentary about Wright though.

Problem with Ghandi is Jesus exposed him for what he was. A liar. How do I know this? Jesus said if they reject his followers they have rejected Him and if they have rejected Him they have rejected God who sent him. So with Jesus saying one thing and Ghandi claiming another which one shall we believe?
I think you miss Ghandi's point entirely. When he said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." He's saying he approves of Christ but not those that call themselves Christians today. How can anyone read the Gospel and believe Christians today are like Christ. To make such a claim would certainly be a lie. Christians can only hope to follow Christ's teaching and I suspect few actually succeed. They certainly, can't be like Christ, they can't even come close.

Last edited:

Context

Jesus and Nicodemus

I fail to see where it was scary. I didn't notice any frightened children. If it were scary one would think someone would have looks frightened in the video, Flopper. I believe that would come under the category of "evidence"?
I didn't say there was fear on the part of children. I said I found the video scary.

Last edited:

Luke 10:16 "Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

The Holy Spirit recalls what Jesus said, word for word, and is the one who inspired the authors. You know that, by the way it was written. There is a criteria for the books of the NT that man can't duplicate.

Moses reiterated what God said, verbatim, and Christ said every word of the OT is true. As for validity, The Bible, and even more so the OT is the most accurate book of antiquity ever written. At least our most accomplished archeologists say so.....

And Flopper, if you like Christ, are you a Christian then? How much do you like Him? Because He said, "Follow me." Not, "follow them". What about Christ do you like?

Last edited:
I would much rather see children raised Pagan than Christian.

But I will admit... I went to "church camp" a few times when I was a child and it was a lot of fun. 'Twas way more badass than what was in this video though.

Except...

The only thing I didn't like about it was the way the preachers constantly bashed other religions.

Also...

There was this one girl there who said she worshipped Zeus and the Greek Gods, lol. I never concluded whether or not she was doing it for attention or if she was completely serious. She seemed honest about it. I don't see why she'd lie, considering it made 99.9 percent of the other girls despise her. I remember the other "Christian" girls talking **** to her and telling her she'd go to Hell, teasin' her, name calling, etc...

To be honest, their intolerance pissed me off.

It made me want to see all those girls burnt alive, screaming in agony while their skin peeled off and their organs melted.

I liked her though. I wonder if she remained Pagan, or succumbed to Christianity? Or merged the two into her own religion, as I have?

I will never know.

I know a lot of religious people of all faiths (Pagans too) and the only ones I have ever heard bash others' beliefs has been evangelicals. I'm not saying they all do it, but what I have seen was pretty disgusting. Why worry about what other people are doing? If your faith is so wonderful, focus on why it's great.

This is not to discount the Protestant/Catholic conflicts in Ireland, but those are actually based in politics.

Christians learn tolerance and personal values at "Jesus Camp". What did the president learn from "dreams of my father"? Obama's father was an African muslem who hated the United States. He was an alcoholic alleged bigamist who abused Obama's hippy mother. Which scenario is more beneficial to American society, a kid who went "Jesus camp" or a kid who learned how to hate the United States at the feet of an alcoholic bigamist communist?

Forum List

Back