Zone1 Jesus Tempted By The Devil / Satan

Is this also the reason you are so unChrist-like?

Is this the reason your post on this forum are filled with lies and hate?
There's only one Christ, and none of us is Him. But let's see if you consider this “Christ-like” or not:

John 2:15, “And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;”

or this (speaking to the Pharisees)

John 8:44 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

Christ didn't tolerate evil, and He took actions against it.

There's only one Christ, and none of us is Him. But let's see if you consider this “Christ-like” or not:

John 2:15, “And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;”

or this (speaking to the Pharisees)

John 8:44 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.”

Christ didn't tolerate evil, and He took actions against it.

Yes he did. But He did not lie while doing it.

He did not do it filled with hate.

Are these the only two verses you have ever read?

Have you heard of the Sermon on the Mount?

And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Your job as a Christian is to bring others to Christ, do you think your post on this forum does that?

Yes he did. But He did not lie while doing it.

He did not do it filled with hate.

Are these the only two verses you have ever read?

Have you heard of the Sermon on the Mount?

And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Your job as a Christian is to bring others to Christ, do you think your post on this forum does that?
I have mentioned before that different Christians have different gifts. Most believe that there are at least 7 gifts of the Spirit. Although I can be very compassionate towards people in distress or pain or need, I am not tolerant of the evil forces working towards the destruction of the Christian faith or basic, God-given freedom.

God (Christ) has a very loving nature, but He also has a wrathful nature when provoked to anger. Man is made in the image of God and share His emotions.

My job as a Christian is to openly and freely discuss my faith when I'm face to face with real humans. But it's also to “occupy until He” returns. To “occupy” has military connotations. We're in a war between good and evil, Christ & Satan. I will reveal and rebuke satanism if and when possible.

I have mentioned before that different Christians have different gifts. Most believe that there are at least 7 gifts of the Spirit. Although I can be very compassionate towards people in distress or pain or need, I am not tolerant of the evil forces working towards the destruction of the Christian faith or basic, God-given freedom.

God (Christ) has a very loving nature, but He also has a wrathful nature when provoked to anger. Man is made in the image of God and share His emotions.

My job as a Christian is to openly and freely discuss my faith when I'm face to face with real humans. But it's also to “occupy until He” returns. To “occupy” has military connotations. We're in a war between good and evil, Christ & Satan. I will reveal and rebuke satanism if and when possible.

So, your gift is hate and lies?

I do not think that is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I am not tolerant of the evil forces working towards the destruction of the Christian faith or basic, God-given freedom.

the c-bible is written by the crucifiers in the 4th century - and have been persecuting and victimizing the innocent ever since ... a j knows no difference between good and evil.

the c-bible is written by the crucifiers in the 4th century - and have been persecuting and victimizing the innocent ever since ... a j knows no difference between good and evil.
You're clearly misinformed and uneducated.

And then He ascended into Heaven with the promise that He would "return in like manner." When did He return?

Someone's commentary isn't an answer to my question. When did Christ and His angels return?

We? How many of you are there?

If y'all think that Jesus being tempted by "THE DEVIL" (a talking serpent) isn't about a literary device then y'all should really find another hobby. Unless y'all don't mind making a fool of yourselves that is. And I bet y'all don't believe that talking donkeys have ever existed either even though y'all are the proof. And some people don't believe in curses. Imagine that!

Toodles!
The Bible often uses idioms or metaphors as a tool to describe a deeper thought or a more meaningful truth. “The Serpent” in the Garden of Eden was NOT a literal snake. It was Satan. The term “serpent” is a descriptive term used to describe Satan's nature as a sly and untrustworthy being.

In the New Testament, Christ is known for speaking in “parables.” Think “Comparables.” He speaks of a “seed sower” and describes the planing of seeds. The greater meaning of these parables is the planting of His Gospel message. The message is “the seed” and the heart of men and women is “the field.”

The Bible, itself, explains who “The Serpent” is:

Revelation 12:9 KJV

“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”

The dragon; the serpent; the devil; and Satan are one and the same.

The Holy spirit came at Pentecost. Jesus told the seven churches that it would be soon within that generation. Perhaps you know more than Jesus.

No, but I know more than you. You're still deflecting.

The Holy spirit came at Pentecost. Jesus told the seven churches that it would be soon within that generation. Perhaps you know more than Jesus.
Acts 11:1, “Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

Christ has not been “seen” returning to earth. According to the Bible, He will return and “in like manner” as He left the earth.

When He returns, it will be during “great tribulation.”

Matthew 24:29-30, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

So when did the above tribulation take place, and when was Christ “seen” returning in the clouds?

Acts 11:1, “Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

Christ has not been “seen” returning to earth. According to the Bible, He will return and “in like manner” as He left the earth.

When He returns, it will be during “great tribulation.”

Matthew 24:29-30, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

So when did the above tribulation take place, and when was Christ “seen” returning in the clouds?

She knows all of this but she can't admit to anything in the future.

Forum List

Back