Jesus was not a Jew

Jesus was never in Rome but Rome was in Judea. At the time there were completely roman towns and cities in Judea where people were living openly outside the law of the Jews. That is what is meant by the wilderness. Living among the wild beasts suggests that Jesus was running around with the Romans living in those lawless areas presumably doing what romans do.

sheeeesh------everything that romans were doing?--------poor Jesus-------pizza was not even
invented yet. I did not know that the time of Jesus in the wilderness was THAT HORRIFIC.
No wonder he did not eat
Yeah, poor sod. Although he did seem to enjoy being healed by his angels after doing time in the belly of the beast.

It is interesting to note that even after his resurrection and enlightenment he didn't stop partying with sinners and prostitutes or keeping company with all sorts of bad characters.....

not nice-----no matter who they were -------they were NOT DEGENERATES like the romans

The romans were good people. The story of Jonah as taught from the RCC, at my time of learning , is about repentance and not about Jonah except how God disciplined him for being not following instructions. We must remember these were gentiles and not jews who repented. Repent and turn. Also Jesus referring to Jonah , is only about him setting the captives free, as Jesus did not need to repent or be reborn.

there is no history represented in the NT or in reality of Jesus "setting captives free"------Not did Jonah
do so.

Sure both did, Jonah preached and they repented and the one locked up in the pit of the earth repented and all were set free.[/QUOTE]

did your reading comprehension scores keep you in the "stupid" reading group in the second
grade?. I got some real shocking news for your-------the word "captive"-------as used in
the Hebrew and Aramaic writings does not mean "in jail" ---------it GENERALLY means people
made captive by GOYIM-----ie enslaved by the romans, greeks and Persians----and arabs and
egytians and assyrians ------etc. "locked in the pit of earth" is more like "mired in sin"-----like
you and yours. The people of Nineveh were considered SINFUL ---like the people of
SODOM---------they were not IN JAIL or ---HADES

He also worked miracles, don't forget.

So did Vespasian, he healed a lame man and also a blind man.
But did Vespasian have a Virgin mother, I wonder.

No and neither did the character of Jesus.
Read the Gospels.

I have and know them by heart, read some other writings beside the bible. Read some history.
You forgot reading "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matthew 1:23). Also Luke 1:26,27 has slipped your mind, namely, "In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary." Luke 1:34 continues that because Mary is a virgin she cannot be about to give birth as the angel Gabriel had said, "Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?”.

So did Vespasian, he healed a lame man and also a blind man.

Read the Gospels.

I have and know them by heart, read some other writings beside the bible. Read some history.
You forgot reading "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." (Matthew 1:23). Also Luke 1:26,27 has slipped your mind, namely, "In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary." Luke 1:34 continues that because Mary is a virgin she cannot be about to give birth as the angel Gabriel had said, "Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?”.

And its all based on Isa 14, here is the NABRE 2011, which they spent 50 years, bishops and scholars rewrote:

13Then he said: Listen, house of David! Is it not enough that you weary human beings? Must you also weary my God? * the young woman, pregnant and about to bear a son, shall name him Emmanuel. * he will eat so that he may learn to reject evil and choose good; 16for before the child learns to reject evil and choose good, the land of those two kings whom you dread shall be deserted.

[7:14] Isaiah’s sign seeks to reassure Ahaz that he need not fear the invading armies of Syria and Israel in the light of God’s promise to David (2 Sm 7:1216). The oracle follows a traditional announcement formula by which the birth and sometimes naming of a child is promised to particular individuals (Gn 16:11; Jgs 13:3). The young woman: Hebrew ‘almah designates a young woman of marriageable age without specific reference to virginity. The Septuagint translated the Hebrew term as parthenos, which normally does mean virgin, and this translation underlies Mt 1:23. Emmanuel: the name means “with us is God.” Since for the Christian the incarnation is the ultimate expression of God’s willingness to “be with us,” it is understandable that this text was interpreted to refer to the birth of Christ.

* [7:1516] Curds and honey: the only diet available to those who are left after the devastation of the land; cf. vv. 2125.

NO Virgin Birth.

sheeeesh------everything that romans were doing?--------poor Jesus-------pizza was not even
invented yet. I did not know that the time of Jesus in the wilderness was THAT HORRIFIC.
No wonder he did not eat
Yeah, poor sod. Although he did seem to enjoy being healed by his angels after doing time in the belly of the beast.

It is interesting to note that even after his resurrection and enlightenment he didn't stop partying with sinners and prostitutes or keeping company with all sorts of bad characters.....

not nice-----no matter who they were -------they were NOT DEGENERATES like the romans

The romans were good people. The story of Jonah as taught from the RCC, at my time of learning , is about repentance and not about Jonah except how God disciplined him for being not following instructions. We must remember these were gentiles and not jews who repented. Repent and turn. Also Jesus referring to Jonah , is only about him setting the captives free, as Jesus did not need to repent or be reborn.

there is no history represented in the NT or in reality of Jesus "setting captives free"------Not did Jonah
do so.

Sure both did, Jonah preached and they repented and the one locked up in the pit of the earth repented and all were set free.

did your reading comprehension scores keep you in the "stupid" reading group in the second
grade?. I got some real shocking news for your-------the word "captive"-------as used in
the Hebrew and Aramaic writings does not mean "in jail" ---------it GENERALLY means people
made captive by GOYIM-----ie enslaved by the romans, greeks and Persians----and arabs and
egytians and assyrians ------etc. "locked in the pit of earth" is more like "mired in sin"-----like
you and yours. The people of Nineveh were considered SINFUL ---like the people of
SODOM---------they were not IN JAIL or ---HADES[/QUOTE]

You know what. Vespasian and Titus ended your civil war, and they had to destroy Herods temple to do it. Your zealots and sacarii were killed, as they were madmen who killed everyone even their own. The Egyptians, Greeks and Persians were advanced along with the Romans, but the Jews were not advanced as they were zealots.

Oh gee-----penny to be awarded the SAINT MAGDA OF THE CYANIDE award of the 21st century ---
for her CREATIVITY

Note------BEFORE THE COCK CROWS-----reflects a commonly used device of jewish imagery---
the "crowing of the cock" refers to DAWN. --------Penny dear-----they did not have alarm clocks
back then------in fact the crowing of the cock was the signal used to indicate----TIME FOR
MORNING PRAYERS------and it is still mentioned in the SHACHRIT thingamajig in poetic
allusion
Note------BEFORE THE COCK CROWS-----reflects a commonly used device of jewish imagery---
the "crowing of the cock" refers to DAWN. --------Penny dear-----
i'm not penny, dear ...

"this very night, before the rooster crows, you will disown me three times."

the quote is from the spoken religion, prelude to the final act ... the rooster was working the nite shift - on que.

the "crowing of the cock" refers to DAWN. --------Penny dear-----they did not have alarm clocks
back then------in fact the crowing of the cock was the signal used to indicate----TIME FOR
MORNING PRAYERS------and it is still mentioned in the SHACHRIT thingamajig in poetic
allusion
i'm not penny, dear ...

the quote is from the spoken religion, prelude to the final act ... the rooster was working the nite shift - on que.

On CUE ------breezie dear. Roosters CRUE at DAWN------those guys sat up late.

No wonder he did not eat

Once they heard the teaching of Jesus on how to correctly understand and conform to Mosaic law they acted on it and received the promised life for compliance. Thats what he meant by saying tax gatherers and prostitutes were entering the kingdom of God ahead of those who thought themselves righteous for obstinately conforming to a perverse interpretation of divine law..

Not unlike our dear confused christian friends who obstinately perpetuate irrational beliefs and degrading religious practices without thinking very deeply about it as if by not thinking at all they will receive presents from God after they die even though they slowly become degenerates while they live........

If you don't believe me check out the GOP, full of rabid religious degenerates like an offensive plague of unthinking people running amok like a herd of pigmen bent on destroying a free society.

Thank God for fences.

Even though I am a registered democrat since THE DAY I reached the age of majority------
-----I do not believe that all republicans are evil. -------I have witnessed degeneracy amongst
my NOBLE FELLOW DEMOCRATS------but STILL do not consider ALL OF THE GOPers----
worse.------I REFUSE TO BE LED DOWN THE ROSE LINED PATH OF..........vacuity
I didn't say that all republicans are evil, calm down. I said that many in their party like a herd of unthinking pigmen are running amok.

Is this news to you?

I don't think all republicans are evil anymore than I think that all democrats or all of anything is evil but the deeper implications of present events reveals that many are deeply disturbed at best and are actively engaged in a treasonous assault on truth and liberty inspired by some nutty Jesus is coming christian end of the world insanity exposed by their dedication to perpetuating the ignorance of superstition and making life devoid of rational thought compulsory...

vacuity would be to deny that.

ok that stuff is nothing new

allusion
i'm not penny, dear ...

roosters often crow in the wee hours long before the dawn....

allusion
i'm not penny, dear ...

only when very confused. If you live in an area with a one rooster for every hen house and
a few extra for EVERY POT-----the cacophony is AT DAWN

allusion
i'm not penny, dear ...

only when very confused. If you live in an area with a one rooster for every hen house and
a few extra for EVERY POT-----the cacophony is AT DAWN

Sure a cacophony at dawn, but thats not what Jesus said.

I have spent time where roosters roamed free and there was always some wiseguy crowing at 4 am...

Josephus tells it like it was, of course he does not claim divine inspiration, he is not writing a theology except for what he wrote in the NT.....
Well that explains a lot about what is going on between your ears. Josephus never wrote "in the NT". His writings have been compared to the NT as an outside reference for the existence of Jesus.

Josephus on Jesus - Wikipedia

I have read that in Ant Book X111, chapter 3, but what comes after it is the rape of Paulina which they say happened in 19AD right after the Jesus tidbit.

Also what about the lunatic Jesus in War VI-V-3.

allusion
i'm not penny, dear ...

"this very night, before the rooster crows ...

I guess J was giving himself plenty of leeway ... the point still remains they threw him under the buss when it was time to count their own blessings. maybe that is why they waited 400 years to write their book - hoping no one would remember their cowardliness and the forgeries would be less relevant to their own transgressions. and it obviously worked. from that time, the 4th century to the present their duplicitous manuscript prevails under the guise of authenticity. - so to for their flock.

allusion
i'm not penny, dear ...

"this very night, before the rooster crows ...

I guess J was giving himself plenty of leeway ... the point still remains they threw him under the buss when it was time to count their own blessings. maybe that is why they waited 400 years to write their book - hoping no one would remember their cowardliness and the forgeries would be less relevant to their own transgressions. and it obviously worked. from that time, the 4th century to the present their duplicitous manuscript prevails under the guise of authenticity. - so to for their flock.

The Dead Sea Scrolls shoot the shit out of the 400 year thing.

Read the Gospels.

And its all based on Isa 14, here is the NABRE 2011, which they spent 50 years, bishops and scholars rewrote:

13Then he said: Listen, house of David! Is it not enough that you weary human beings? Must you also weary my God? * the young woman, pregnant and about to bear a son, shall name him Emmanuel. * he will eat so that he may learn to reject evil and choose good; 16for before the child learns to reject evil and choose good, the land of those two kings whom you dread shall be deserted.

[7:14] Isaiah’s sign seeks to reassure Ahaz that he need not fear the invading armies of Syria and Israel in the light of God’s promise to David (2 Sm 7:1216). The oracle follows a traditional announcement formula by which the birth and sometimes naming of a child is promised to particular individuals (Gn 16:11; Jgs 13:3). The young woman: Hebrew ‘almah designates a young woman of marriageable age without specific reference to virginity. The Septuagint translated the Hebrew term as parthenos, which normally does mean virgin, and this translation underlies Mt 1:23. Emmanuel: the name means “with us is God.” Since for the Christian the incarnation is the ultimate expression of God’s willingness to “be with us,” it is understandable that this text was interpreted to refer to the birth of Christ.

* [7:1516] Curds and honey: the only diet available to those who are left after the devastation of the land; cf. vv. 2125.

NO Virgin Birth.
Why would Mary say that she could not be about to bear a son on account of being a virgin if she did not mean virgin? "“How can this be, since I am a virgin?” (Luke 1:34)

Read the Gospels.

NO Virgin Birth.
Why would Mary say that she could not be about to bear a son on account of being a virgin if she did not mean virgin? "“How can this be, since I am a virgin?” (Luke 1:34)
Jesus was a Jew. You are chasing your tail. Won't argue the fact.

Forum List

Back