Jesus was right, of course.

Either there is a super-intellect out there (God) that has always existed and created everything or we're left to believe there is no God and that everything came from nothing. I'll go with the former.

One is just as much outside the human experience as the other. Beginnings and endings are human concept, because all life is that way. That does not mean that the universe has to be that way. Matter and energy is interchangeable, but is neither created, nor destroyed.

The expansion of the universe and the "big bang" point to a beginning. We also know that matter cannot create itself nor can it reproduce.

And, for me, there is a plethora of anecdotal evidence of a creator, of Jesus and an afterlife. Gravitational force, the expansion rate of the universe and a host of other particulars that are just right and if any of them were altered by a pittance, we couldn't exist. Seemingly countless people have shared their NDE's and I believe some of them.

Read up on String Theory. It calls for 11 dimensions, and an infinite number of universes, all in the process of dying and creating one another, into infinity..

I have. Even if they're true, who or what made the initial push to get it all started? There had to be a creator. There's no getting around it.

And I ask again. Who created god?

He has always existed. You can dismiss that, but then you're to believe that, the universe created itself and that life came from nowhere.

Uhh...Jesus never committed any sins.

That being the case, i am sure that you can tell me what my 1 year old grandchild did that was a sin, that Jesus did not do.
Born into sin...actually is talking about being born into a body of flesh which is sinful by nature. There are no original scriptures that state "born into sin" that is a precept of people who haven't reached a level of maturity in the spirit enough to understand the spirit.

Sounds like god is conflicted. He creates us, and puts us into a "body of flesh that is sinful by nature". First of all, why in the hell would he do that? Second, what is so sinful about the flesh? Does god have some sort of sexual hangup?
We were created without sin. Sin first happened when Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

You have GOT to be shitting me!
It's in the Bible. Have you ever read it? Considering all the stupid questions you've been asking I'm guessing you haven't. You are making statements about something you don't know anything about. That makes you a fool.

That being the case, i am sure that you can tell me what my 1 year old grandchild did that was a sin, that Jesus did not do.
Born into sin...actually is talking about being born into a body of flesh which is sinful by nature. There are no original scriptures that state "born into sin" that is a precept of people who haven't reached a level of maturity in the spirit enough to understand the spirit.

Sounds like god is conflicted. He creates us, and puts us into a "body of flesh that is sinful by nature". First of all, why in the hell would he do that? Second, what is so sinful about the flesh? Does god have some sort of sexual hangup?
We were created without sin. Sin first happened when Adam and Eve disobeyed God.

It's in the Bible. Have you ever read it? Considering all the stupid questions you've been asking I'm guessing you haven't. You are making statements about something you don't know anything about. That makes you a fool.

Actually, I have the impression that he is well-read on the bible. He just doesn't believe any of it.

so, then, what is so sinful about flesh?
How many years have people been greedy, killing, maiming and stealing from one another? If we live to merely the flesh in our own pleasures we have little regard for the spiritual damage we can cause one another. It degrades not only the eternal soul but also damages that love one another portion if we cannot find the spirit of God to help guide us.

So, without god, you would revert to depravity and immorality? How sad.
How many years have people been greedy, killing, maiming and stealing from one another? If we live to merely the flesh in our own pleasures we have little regard for the spiritual damage we can cause one another. It degrades not only the eternal soul but also damages that love one another portion if we cannot find the spirit of God to help guide us.

Morality comes from God and each of us seem to have an innate knowledge of such. A lack of morality is how we got abortion.
Well, since I remember when abortion was illegal, and doctors did D&C's instead, did that work better for you and god?

I presume you would have opposed your own abortion, but not someone else's.

The enlightened, tolerant, inclusive, loving-left brought us the concept and the practice of killing one's offspring. Unbelievable.
And then they go ballistic when someone kills a misquitoe on the endangered species list. Misquitoes are pests. they have no value to anyone or anything and spread disease. Every misquitoe on the planet could die and no one would miss them. Yet leftists value them more than human life.

No because you are not the way that God wanted you to be when you were born or any other time.

Sounds like god screwed up, then. Then again, that isn't very surprising. Every living thing he ever created ends up dead.

Blaming God based on your own ideas can carry no objectivity, hence it is warned against in the Bible as well as in scientific reasoning. It is like blaming your car for the crash that you cause.

Yet, I am still completely amazed that you believe that an innocent child is already in need of redemption for sin. That makes no sense at all.

What makes you think that a child is innocent? Who wrote that and where? At best it is an assumption. And a very weak one at that, as soon as you look what children usually do to each other. Nobody is innocent. You are only innocent if Christ says so. Assumption debunked.

What sin has any one year old child ever committed, that Jesus did not commit?

This is immaterial because you cannot say to even human courts that you should be pardoned because your neighbor did the same. The problem of sin remains, regardless.

No because you are not the way that God wanted you to be when you were born or any other time.

Sounds like god screwed up, then. Then again, that isn't very surprising. Every living thing he ever created ends up dead.

Blaming God based on your own ideas can carry no objectivity, hence it is warned against in the Bible as well as in scientific reasoning. It is like blaming your car for the crash that you cause.

Yet, I am still completely amazed that you believe that an innocent child is already in need of redemption for sin. That makes no sense at all.

I'm probably wasting my time because I suspect you're one of those that thinks the universe came from nothing and that life created itself. We are all imperfect and born with the affliction of sin. We will be cured and purified of that sin before entering Jesus' kingdom.

God created me, and I was born in sin? Sounds like god's error, not mine.

So how much worse do you want to make it? :)

To which I would reply, Who created god?

Either there is a super-intellect out there (God) that has always existed and created everything or we're left to believe there is no God and that everything came from nothing. I'll go with the former.

One is just as much outside the human experience as the other. Beginnings and endings are human concept, because all life is that way. That does not mean that the universe has to be that way. Matter and energy is interchangeable, but is neither created, nor destroyed.

The expansion of the universe and the "big bang" point to a beginning. We also know that matter cannot create itself nor can it reproduce.

And, for me, there is a plethora of anecdotal evidence of a creator, of Jesus and an afterlife. Gravitational force, the expansion rate of the universe and a host of other particulars that are just right and if any of them were altered by a pittance, we couldn't exist. Seemingly countless people have shared their NDE's and I believe some of them.

Read up on String Theory. It calls for 11 dimensions, and an infinite number of universes, all in the process of dying and creating one another, into infinity..
Haven't you heard? String theory is dead. It's called m theory now. And none of it can ever be proven. It's nothing but a mathematical fantasy. And even if it were true, what started the process of new universes?

But string theory is not dead. M theory is a multi dimensional superposition of the string theory. I am a maths student, and I find it useful also to use the M theory to argue against atheists when the question is about life itself with confinement per our universe.

Jesus said "You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

There is no shortage of soulless atheists here and elsewhere that hate Jesus and those that believe in him. Another prophecy fulfilled.

I do not see where the statement attributed to Jesus is "right" in any way. Why would an atheist
"hate Jesus" ? Have you ever met an atheist who said "I HATE JESUS"? In you odd set of
beliefs-----did Jesus say anything about whom the people who "believed" in him would hate?
Your reading comprehension skills are those of a 2 year old.

Morality comes from God and each of us seem to have an innate knowledge of such. A lack of morality is how we got abortion.
Well, since I remember when abortion was illegal, and doctors did D&C's instead, did that work better for you and god?

The enlightened, tolerant, inclusive, loving-left brought us the concept and the practice of killing one's offspring. Unbelievable.
And then they go ballistic when someone kills a misquitoe on the endangered species list. Misquitoes are pests. they have no value to anyone or anything and spread disease. Every misquitoe on the planet could die and no one would miss them. Yet leftists value them more than human life.

I want to kill slugs first. They overran Europe and even slug pellets don't work. Locusts have nothing on them. Poor garden.

I have. Even if they're true, who or what made the initial push to get it all started? There had to be a creator. There's no getting around it.

Creation, the process of creation, the cycles of creation, with God in it is the question. This is not a sales competition where your opponent's name is more important than what is done.

Jesus said "You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved."

There is no shortage of soulless atheists here and elsewhere that hate Jesus and those that believe in him. Another prophecy fulfilled.

I do not see where the statement attributed to Jesus is "right" in any way. Why would an atheist
"hate Jesus" ? Have you ever met an atheist who said "I HATE JESUS"? In you odd set of
beliefs-----did Jesus say anything about whom the people who "believed" in him would hate?
Your reading comprehension skills are those of a 2 year old.

W-man is STUMPED again. Try harder. I presented a reasonable point. It seems idiotic to me to accuse
non Christians of any flavor of "HATING JESUS"

i believe that you do not have a right to legislate what my wife and my daughter can do with their own body.

He has always existed. You can dismiss that, but then you're to believe that, the universe created itself and that life came from nowhere.
Totally untrue. I believe that the universe has always been there, just like you believe that god has always been there. My belief is not any weirder than yours.

Totally untrue. I believe that the universe has always been there, just like you believe that god has always been there. My belief is not any weirder than yours.

There is evidence to suggest the universe had a beginning. There is no evidence to suggest that it expands, retracts and then repeats the process nor is there evidence of a multiverse.

Let me ask you another question. Why don't you believe any of the NDE accounts that are so pervasive?

Wrong again. I've read the Bible cover to cover three times. Then I put it down and studied the source of the material therein, including the books that were discarded by the church when the Bible was first codified. Then, I moved on to Dr. Seuss.

What makes you think that a child is innocent? Who wrote that and where? At best it is an assumption. And a very weak one at that, as soon as you look what children usually do to each other. Nobody is innocent. You are only innocent if Christ says so. Assumption debunked.

What sin has any one year old child ever committed, that Jesus did not commit?

This is immaterial because you cannot say to even human courts that you should be pardoned because your neighbor did the same. The problem of sin remains, regardless.

Fortunately for all of us, Canon Law was abandoned after the Middle Ages, or the church would still be turning witches over to the state to burn for heresy. mankind realized hundreds of years ago that the church's definition of "sin" was arbitrary, and lacked even common sense.

Creation, the process of creation, the cycles of creation, with God in it is the question. This is not a sales competition where your opponent's name is more important than what is done.

The source material that Christianity is based on is solely the Bible, which I find every bit as credible as the book of Mormon, and Dianetics.

"You will be hated by everyone because of me"

haha, more silly jesus nonsense. "You will be hated by everyone, well, except for the majority of people in America, who will be Christians. Oh, and except for the members of the largest religion in the world, Christianity"

how DO you say dumb stuff like this with a straight face, K9?

The left HATES Christians and Christianity. They bash the aforementioned 24/7/365 on this and every other forum. Many of them tried to take the name "Christmas" away from the holiday. There are countless more examples.

What does your Jesus say about the constant lies from so-called "christians"?

I'm atheist. I don't hate Jesus. I cannot hate something that never existed and certainly never existed for me.

What I DO hate however is the constant whining and lying from phony christians.

No one has ever "tried to take the name "Christmas" away from the holiday". Its christians themselves who cheapen their own holiday. No one ever said you can't say "merry christmas" either. No one ever said you cannot pray to or worship whichever god you choose to worship.

You've got everything - you've got special buildings that we pay higher taxes for you to have. You have special holidays that we pay higher taxes for you to have. You have special treatment. All that you have been asked to do is not to force it on others.

Why don't YOU behave as YOUR Jesus preached? Quit demanding more more more more, quit your damn whining and do something for people who are less fortunate than you?

The source material that Christianity is based on is solely the Bible, which I find every bit as credible as the book of Mormon, and Dianetics.

Did those publications predict that Jesus and Christians would be hated in the end times? Jesus' prophecy on that is spot-on and it was made 2,000 years ago. The bible also predicted that the ancient nation-state of Israel would be re-born...and it came to fruition. The bible also correctly stated that the universe (the heavens) were EXPANDING and mankind didn't reach this conclusion until when, the 1800's? The Catholic Church was founded upon the apostle Peter and its alive and well today!

There is evidence to suggest the universe had a beginning. There is no evidence to suggest that it expands, retracts and then repeats the process nor is there evidence of a multiverse.

Let me ask you another question. Why don't you believe any of the NDE accounts that are so pervasive?

In my opinion, NDE experiences are no more that oxygen deprived hallucinations in the brain. BTW, Millions have seen ghosts. I don't believe in them, either.

The universe as we know it began with a big bang, The does not necessary include the greater cosmos from which it sprang.

Forum List

Back