Jesus: Why is He so offensive to others?

All a NDE is is the cascade of chemicals that bathe the brain as it is deprived of blood flow and oxygen.

There is nothing mystical about it

Riiiight, that's what the secular humanists want you to believe.

What's better, their way? Or God's way.

Think on that.

Mao was a secular humanist/atheist.

You cannot prove that a NDE is anything but what I said it was

Believers and nonbelievers experience much the same thing in a NDE.

Nonbelievers don't see a lake of fire they see very similar things as the believers the only differences being the personal life experiences and memories of the individuals

You cannot prove it isn't what I said it was.

See how that works?

Go die and get back with me after you don't actually die, k?

I don't have to prove something doesn't exist. You have to prove it exists. And the brain and it's related physiology along with the effects of neuro transmitters are well documented.

I know exactly what happens after we die

No you don't. If you did, you'd be dead and not shilling as you are at the moment. Sorry, reality is here.

And that's the reason religion is still here.
People are afraid of death. You think you know what happens after we die and it gives you comfort not unlike a child's teddy bear.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
It is Christians who have ruined everything by forcing Jesus down your throat and using Jesus to justify their own perceived superiority

When was Jesus ever forced on you?

With all the pathetic groveling Christians do and with many of them liking to say they're no better than anyone else and that they are total sinners themselves, where do you get that Christians perceive themselves to be superior?

I'm sure I'm the only Christian to tell you that I am better than you because I'm a Christian.

Jesus has been forced on me my whole life

In public meetings, civic events....now lets pause and say a little prayer
Yes, Christians do perceive they are better than you......better than Jews, better than Muslims and definitely better than atheists

Think on that.

Nonbelievers don't see a lake of fire they see very similar things as the believers the only differences being the personal life experiences and memories of the individuals

See how that works?

I don't have to prove something doesn't exist. You have to prove it exists. And the brain and it's related physiology along with the effects of neuro transmitters are well documented.

No you don't. If you did, you'd be dead and not shilling as you are at the moment. Sorry, reality is here.

People are afraid of death. You think you know what happens after we die and it gives you comfort not unlike a child's teddy bear.

Yep, and I'm more apt to stick my neck out for my fellow man vs some SJW pussy. True Story.

The thing is: I don't fear death, I welcome it, because life is painful.

All a NDE is is the cascade of chemicals that bathe the brain as it is deprived of blood flow and oxygen.

There is nothing mystical about it

Think on that.

Thats a moot point if god didnt write or inspire the bible. Then its "mans way, or mans way?"

God did inspire the books of the bible though.

Was Constantine inspired by God to arrange the books the way he did? Quite Possibly.

Even if that's true how can you trust what's written now.

To use the telephone game analogy and then add thousands of years and multiple languages into the game variables.

How can we trust what is written now?

To begin with, Jesus did not write about himself. Any half wit can sit down and write about themselves and create a religion. Mohammad did it, Joseph Smith did it, the founder of the JW's did it, etc.

There is a greater integrity through the eyes of witnesses, which is why courts of law put more emphasis on a witness than someone talking about themselves.

There are many more reasons why I believe, that is, if you are interested.

So you believe a game of telephone played out over centuries and in hundreds of different languages will result in accuracy?

Sorry but the bible is a man made tool for the sole purpose of controlling the masses and concentrating wealth and power into the hands of the institution that wrote it

See how that works?

Yep, and I'm more apt to stick my neck out for my fellow man vs some SJW pussy. True Story.

The thing is: I don't fear death.

So how many people have you risked your life to save?

And why aren't you out there right now looking for a burning building to run into?

Religion plays on the tried and true attributes of people. Fear and Greed.

See how that works?

And why aren't you out there right now looking for a burning building to run into?

Several, now you're just being ridiculous and it's obvious.

I get it, You want justification to be a wholly selfish individual.

Well, unfortunately for you, that's not the way the world is hardwired.

You are entitled to be that way, free will and all, but you're still a putz.

Also, everyone will perceive you as the putz you are.

Last edited:
It is Christians who have ruined everything by forcing Jesus down your throat and using Jesus to justify their own perceived superiority

When was Jesus ever forced on you?

With all the pathetic groveling Christians do and with many of them liking to say they're no better than anyone else and that they are total sinners themselves, where do you get that Christians perceive themselves to be superior?

I'm sure I'm the only Christian to tell you that I am better than you because I'm a Christian.

Jesus has been forced on me my whole life

In public meetings, civic events....now lets pause and say a little prayer
Yes, Christians do perceive they are better than you......better than Jews, better than Muslims and definitely better than atheists

Funny I never felt the need to believe or pray just because others around me do.

I look at it like I do any other superstition. I don't get offended when people knock wood or throw salt over their shoulder

Yeah and you're claiming to be a hero on the internet. Which is more ridiculous?

Yeah and you're claiming to be a hero on the internet. Which is more ridiculous?

You.

Reasons:

a) False claims of me claiming to be a hero.

b) Attempting to justify being wholly selfish.

I'm just telling you from personal experience, the world does not work that way.

Brutal honesty and introspection isnt always flattering or nice to hear - but it's typically the best way forward toward cleaner air in a room. Most people respect that, at the end of the day
I agree . I think everyone should have a voice.

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?
Did Jesus the Christ and His Crew, merely waste their time and effort?

Two thousand years later; and some on the left believe we are in Nexus 6 with Zardoz and the incorrigibles.

Last edited:
But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up

Not so much the JC ... but his followers.

As long as I can remember, in school, at home, in shopping centers, and on the street ... someone has been trying to shove the 'good news' in my face. There are only so many times you can say, 'No, thank you' before you just want to go postal on them.

Imagine everyone at your work is a Justin Bieber fan. Now, you might have nothing against the Bieb... you're just not a fan of his particular brand of music. But everyone keeps gushing about him and pressuring you to 'just give him a chance'. They leave tickets to Bieber concerts on your desk. They play Bieber music over the PA system all day long. Eventually, you're just gonna move on or crack.

kill-justin-bieber_o_1052065.jpg

Important advice for any person who wants a QUALITY life-------when a JW comes to your door-----
looking exhausted, do not invite it in for a cup of coffee
Biblically you should not even wish them well as according to scripture they are teach falsehoods

Was Constantine inspired by God to arrange the books the way he did? Quite Possibly.

Ummmm ... the books of the canonical bible of the Western Church were first codified at the Synod of Hippo at Carthage in 393CE. Constantine died in 337CE.

this is another misconception; the orthodox views were the most prevalent from the beginning; 'canon' is misleading term re 'books' included in the bible. The four Gospels are the only four that fit the idea of a 'canon'; the rest are included for various reasons involving histories, exegesis expanding on various theological issues and the like. Some 'books' were rejected because they were either outright forgeries, redundant, or of dubious provenances, and not necessarily always just because they were false or somebody didn't like what they said. Even the Catholic Bible distinguishes between 'Apocrypha' in both New And Old Testament books.

Last edited:

Ummmm ... the books of the canonical bible of the Western Church were first codified at the Synod of Hippo at Carthage in 393CE. Constantine died in 337CE.

this is another misconception; the orthodox views were the most prevalent from the beginning; 'canon' is misleading term re 'books' included in the bible. The four Gospels are the only four that fit the idea of a 'canon'; the rest are including for various reasons involving histories, exegesis expanding on various theological issues and the like. Some 'books' were rejected because they were either outright forgeries, redundant, or of dubious provenances, and not necessarily always just because they were false or somebody didn't like what they said.

The two original xtian churches ... Roman and Orthodox disagree with you vehemently.

But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up

Not so much the JC ... but his followers.

As long as I can remember, in school, at home, in shopping centers, and on the street ... someone has been trying to shove the 'good news' in my face. There are only so many times you can say, 'No, thank you' before you just want to go postal on them.

Imagine everyone at your work is a Justin Bieber fan. Now, you might have nothing against the Bieb... you're just not a fan of his particular brand of music. But everyone keeps gushing about him and pressuring you to 'just give him a chance'. They leave tickets to Bieber concerts on your desk. They play Bieber music over the PA system all day long. Eventually, you're just gonna move on or crack.

kill-justin-bieber_o_1052065.jpg

Important advice for any person who wants a QUALITY life-------when a JW comes to your door-----
looking exhausted, do not invite it in for a cup of coffee
Biblically you should not even wish them well as according to scripture they are teach falsehoods
I like to argue, so that I may "walk through the shadow of the valley of falsehood, and fear no falsehood."

Forum List

Back