Jesus: Why is He so offensive to others?

I need to restrain myself from killing Jehovah's Witnesses.

Maybe i should fence the front in and have yard dogs. That's worked in the past.

On another note: Jehovah Witness ministers don't take money or a salary.

So the people who collect money for the church do it for free.

That's a great business model isn't it?

It's not a business, it's a religion.

I have to respect it because some people close to me were involved.

Good people, I wish I could be that good.
Religion is big business.

Denying that is naive to the point of mental retardation.
Some is, some isn't. If you believe in heaven and hell, those using God for their own puposes will suffer the most

If religious organizations didn't ask for money I might believe that but there is not one out there that doesn't ask for money.

Faith based organization including churches take in over 300 billion a year in the US alone.
We have a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge and no anti-hypocrisy laws on the books; coincidence or conspiracy?

It's interesting but I never get approached

Part of that has to do with being a Jew. We're considered prime targets for 'perfection'.
"the chosen ones" have that Oblige. don't like it, recant. the US has a wonderful, secular and temporal Constitution, what is not covered by our Ten Amendments.

otherwise, thou dost protest too much, and may be confused with a protest-ant.

What is not covered?

The Constitution gave us freedom and freedom demands some moral fiber, otherwise, you will abuse such freedom by abusing others.

Ben Franklin said as much as he reluctantly signed onto the Constitution with the premise that the nation will only last so long as it has a good moral fiber, after which corruption and what not would eventually take over and lead to tyranny.

Was he advocating a theocracy? No, he was advocating for citizens to self regulate their own moral behavior so that the state would not feel obligated to do it for them in order to maintain a civil society.

I think that is why those who wish to take our freedoms seem to be waging war on the morality of the nation.

DC? I agree ... just wish they hadn't hired Zack Snyder to to the movies.
Religion is far richer than DC Comics

All because of JC the venture capitalist

Yeah, because he set out to run some kind of scam or something? Is that what you're saying?
:cuckoo:

Oh no he believed in what he was saying. He convinced people that he was magical because he believed it himself.

You can be a little crazy and still be a great business man

lol what 'riches' did Christians gain? If they were merely con men, they wouldn't have bothered with all the stuff they did, they could find much easier scams, especially among pagans, to rake in the bucks with. There were no bucks in being a Christian for a long long time, yet continued to expand and grow. Even today there are no 'big bucks' in it for the vast majority, despite the snivelings of assorted sexual deviants and sociopaths. Plumbers make far higher incomes than the average pastor.
You obviously don't know how much money the Catholic church is worth of you ask who gets rich from religion.

The duped never make money off of the scams they donate to. It's the power structure and the people at the top who reap the benefits just like any other scam

JC conned people into believing he was magical people gave money and free labor because they wanted to believe there was some divine power looking out for them it really is that simple.

Promise people everlasting life in paradise. To this day people still believe it even when there is absolutely no proof that the advertising is true.

Like I said the greatest businessman of all time. Promise everlasting life to people who give you money and will obey your every command.

Genius
Jesus never made a cent off it

It was the apostles and their followers who saw the value in it

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

I am an atheist and find Jesus to be one of the most amazing humans of all times. His teachings are phenomenal

It is Christians I find offensive. Beyond being pompous, judgmental and petty...it is their constant desire to push their faith on other people that irritates me

One nation under God, God Bless America, public prayer in schools and public meetings, ten commandments displays and constant insertion of their religion into conversations
I could be wrong, but I believe many Christians want to keep God in the mix for His protection. Not to force others to believe. You can't do that anyway

Part of that has to do with being a Jew. We're considered prime targets for 'perfection'.
"the chosen ones" have that Oblige. don't like it, recant. the US has a wonderful, secular and temporal Constitution, what is not covered by our Ten Amendments.

What is not covered?

The Constitution gave us freedom and freedom demands some moral fiber, otherwise, you will abuse such freedom by abusing others.
dears, that Only happens in Nexus Six with Zardoz and the incorrigibles.

Truer and more faithful Children of a God, only need Ten simple Commandments to avoid the Expense of Government and the need for Taxation.

Yeah, because he set out to run some kind of scam or something? Is that what you're saying?

Oh no he believed in what he was saying. He convinced people that he was magical because he believed it himself.

lol what 'riches' did Christians gain? If they were merely con men, they wouldn't have bothered with all the stuff they did, they could find much easier scams, especially among pagans, to rake in the bucks with. There were no bucks in being a Christian for a long long time, yet continued to expand and grow. Even today there are no 'big bucks' in it for the vast majority, despite the snivelings of assorted sexual deviants and sociopaths. Plumbers make far higher incomes than the average pastor.
You obviously don't know how much money the Catholic church is worth of you ask who gets rich from religion.

The duped never make money off of the scams they donate to. It's the power structure and the people at the top who reap the benefits just like any other scam

JC conned people into believing he was magical people gave money and free labor because they wanted to believe there was some divine power looking out for them it really is that simple.

Promise people everlasting life in paradise. To this day people still believe it even when there is absolutely no proof that the advertising is true.

Like I said the greatest businessman of all time. Promise everlasting life to people who give you money and will obey your every command.

Genius

What value? making yourself a target for being killed isn't the values con men go for. Given his appeal was mostly to slaves and the poor, that position isn't sustainable. Most pastors even today don't give up their day jobs. Most of the early leaders were killed as well.

A while ago, it was OK to say God, but not Jesus.

Of course now, even God is frowned up. But it seems the name Jesus really riles people up. Many of those that are not believers of particularly the Christian faith seem to want to mock it and be sacrilegious

You see it everywhere, with celebrities, in music.

So, why do you think particularly Jesus, and Christianity in general, gets people so worked up?

I am an atheist and find Jesus to be one of the most amazing humans of all times. His teachings are phenomenal

It is Christians I find offensive. Beyond being pompous, judgmental and petty...it is their constant desire to push their faith on other people that irritates me

One nation under God, God Bless America, public prayer in schools and public meetings, ten commandments displays and constant insertion of their religion into conversations
I could be wrong, but I believe many Christians want to keep God in the mix for His protection. Not to force others to believe. You can't do that anyway

It was Christians forcing "In God we Trust" on our money and "One nation under God" into the pledge
It was Christians forcing prayer in school and prayers before public meetings
It is Christians knocking on doors and trying to convert others

Favourite sharing the good news stories (others are encouraged to share their favourites).

1. Leaving Chick Tracts on my desk at school.

2. Coming into our synagogue during services or Shabbos Kiddush to tell everyone, 'Jesus is really a Jew you know ...' (security gets called)

3. Visiting Jewish nursing homes to tell lonely old people and dementia patients they're gonna fry in Hell if they don't 'repent their Jewish sins'. (police get called)
What? That's crazy. Do you know the denominations of these folks???

I didn't ask. Honestly, I don't think it makes any difference.

Still one of the greatest money generating businesses the world has ever known

True, but Im very happy with Cavill.

Dude, don't get me started. They RUINED Superman for me ... and frack muted color movies!
I dont know man.

Reeves, and then that next dorky guy?

Superman's supposed to be jacked, and stoic. I think they nailed it with Cavill ~ just the storylines and directing has been MEHHHH

I have no problem with Cavill ... he's great and totally ripped. I could watch him with no shirt for hours and I'm straight as an arrow. It's the entire 'dark, morally conflicted Superman' theme that I consider off message. They're trying to make Superman into Batman and that's just not right. They are literally polar opposites and that's the point.

Oh ... and just in case the audience is too stupid to realise we are trying to imply Superman is dark now, we'll shoot EVERY FRICKIN MOVIE in a subdued colour palette to emphasise it.

If only there were Kryptonite for Zack Snyder.
dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Genius

lol more rubbish doesn't help. Even among the majority of Catholic priests there wasn't much money, barely enough to live on. Most Popes lived pretty simply as well; claiming the exceptions isn't a genuine case for it all being merely a money scam. No Christians deny their theology can be abused by crooks, anyway.

Favourite sharing the good news stories (others are encouraged to share their favourites).

2. Coming into our synagogue during services or Shabbos Kiddush to tell everyone, 'Jesus is really a Jew you know ...' (security gets called)

3. Visiting Jewish nursing homes to tell lonely old people and dementia patients they're gonna fry in Hell if they don't 'repent their Jewish sins'. (police get called)

Probably people from that crazy Baptist Church... not representative of Baptists at all

Probably people from that crazy Baptist Church... not representative of Baptists at all
There are several levels of baptist. The church our family attended was mild and sleepworthy..

Well... see ... you SAY that.

What is not covered?

Ben Franklin said as much as he reluctantly signed onto the Constitution with the premise that the nation will only last so long as it has a good moral fiber, after which corruption and what not would eventually take over and lead to tyranny.

Was he advocating a theocracy? No, he was advocating for citizens to self regulate their own moral behavior so that the state would not feel obligated to do it for them in order to maintain a civil society.

I think that is why those who wish to take our freedoms seem to be waging war on the morality of the nation.

Baptists are the best of the bunch. Invented separation of church and state, big players in the First and Second Great Awakenings, and got Jefferson elected President over those corrupt lunatic New England Federalists, and have been giant pains in the ass ever since.

Genius

History is full of examples of people who died before their ventures made money.
If the powers that be hadn't killed JC he would have been richer than anyone alive today

Genius

lol more rubbish doesn't help. Even among the majority of Catholic priests there wasn't much money, barely enough to live on. Most Popes lived pretty simply as well; claiming the exceptions isn't a genuine case for it all being merely a money scam. No Christians deny their theology can be abused by crooks, anyway.

Like I said the people at the top profit while the believers keep paying in.

Yep, and I'm more apt to stick my neck out for my fellow man vs some SJW pussy. True Story.

The thing is: I don't fear death.

So how many people have you risked your life to save?

And why aren't you out there right now looking for a burning building to run into?

Religion plays on the tried and true attributes of people. Fear and Greed.

Several, now you're just being ridiculous and it's obvious.

Yeah and you're claiming to be a hero on the internet. Which is more ridiculous?

You.

Reasons:

a) False claims of me claiming to be a hero.

b) Attempting to justify being wholly selfish.

I'm just telling you from personal experience, the world does not work that way.

Sorry but you're the one who says he regularly risks his own life to save people not me.

And religious nuts like you think everyone who doesn't believe is selfish it's your default judgement even though your god tells you in the bible not to judge others lest that same judgement be passed on you.

And the world works the way it always worked whether or not you believe in gods

The difference between me and you is that I understand how the world works, and you don't. Most often, there's a rhyme and a reason for everything.

You're seriously demented if you claim Jesus was out for money.

Forum List

Back