Jill Biden

An article in the WSJ op ed page supposedly shreds Jill Biden as a Doctor. She is not. A person who works there Melissa Korn ripped the article. Anyway, Jill Biden is much less then advertised according to the article. Vetting is so much fun when it is not against you as Joe and Jill were so fortunate to receive from the biased media.
Horseshit! She has a PhD and is very much entittled to use "Doctor"

Dr. Sean Hannity can use the title as well, he received a doctorate from Liberty, the nation's premiere Christian university.
:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

As for Liberty, you have nothing to base your slander and libel on.
The other poster informed me that Glenn Beck got a PhD from Liberty. He was never enrolled. Sean Hannity got a JD. He never took a class.

Seems like it’s a scam.

An article in the WSJ op ed page supposedly shreds Jill Biden as a Doctor. She is not. A person who works there Melissa Korn ripped the article. Anyway, Jill Biden is much less then advertised according to the article. Vetting is so much fun when it is not against you as Joe and Jill were so fortunate to receive from the biased media.
Horseshit! She has a PhD and is very much entittled to use "Doctor"

Dr. Sean Hannity can use the title as well, he received a doctorate from Liberty, the nation's premiere Christian university.
What was the topic of his dissertation?

Hannity received a doctorate of Law in 2005, so that's his area of expertise.

It is not customary, however, for recipients of an honorary doctorate to use the titleDr’ in front of their name. Robert Gordon University Aberdeen Recipients of an honorary degree may use the approved post-nominal letters [e.g., HonDArts]. It is not customary, however for recipients of an honorary doctorate to adopt the prefix ‘Dr’.
Should Recipients of an Honorary Doctorate Use the Prefix Dr?
https://www.wthrockmorton.com/2017/... honorary doctorate to adopt the prefix ‘Dr’.

Now cut the crap and stop fawing over every asshole on the planet

You fell into that trap.
of course the correct answer is soccer but any man of worth would say American Football played with tough guys rather than floppers that can’t use their hands.
At the risk of being accused of de-railing the thread, today football has become a sport of kneelers.
Black men on their knees hasn't been popular since 1860.

What reason do you have to attack this woman? what benefit do you derive from insulting a woman you don't know who has never done you any harm?

The same can be asked of democrats in regard to their treatment of Melania Trump. But of course that is different because she is not a democrat.

I go by Doctor. I worked extremely hard to earn my Sc.D. and legitimately hold the title of "Doctor of Science." That I am not a medical doctor doesn't mean I don't have the right, the authority to use the title.

Obviously I don't agree with the WSJ on this and find the position petty.

I have a masters degree. Does that entitle me to require you to call me master?

I go by Doctor. I worked extremely hard to earn my Sc.D. and legitimately hold the title of "Doctor of Science." That I am not a medical doctor doesn't mean I don't have the right, the authority to use the title.

This idea that only MDs can use the title "Dr" is ridiculous. And the tired old line "no one should be called 'doctor' unless they have delivered a baby" is simply nonsense. I personally know 2 people who have delivered a baby. Neither is in the medical profession. They were just in the right place and helped a distressed woman.

How about dentists? Are they doctors?

What about veterinarians? Are they doctors?

The prefix of someone's name is not determined by the lowest common denominator of the ignorant (willful or otherwise) public.

The "public" is beginning to totally disagree with your statement. Doctor of education only means that she stayed in college long enough to find a way to profit with misinformation.

This idea that only MDs can use the title "Dr" is ridiculous. And the tired old line "no one should be called 'doctor' unless they have delivered a baby" is simply nonsense. I personally know 2 people who have delivered a baby. Neither is in the medical profession. They were just in the right place and helped a distressed woman.

The prefix of someone's name is not determined by the lowest common denominator of the ignorant (willful or otherwise) public.

The "public" is beginning to totally disagree with your statement. Doctor of education only means that she stayed in college long enough to find a way to profit with misinformation.

2. Rules for spoken language
  • When someone has earned a Ph.D. degree he must subsequently be referred to as “Doctor” in formal speech. The same is true of a person who is a medical doctor, psychologist, dentist, veterinarian, osteophatic or naturopathic physician.
  • When a holder of a Ph.D. makes a telephone call and is asked “Who is speaking?” or “Who is calling?” he should answer Dr. William Green.
  • The same applies to any other type of presentation. When introduced to a new acquaintance by a common friend, the friend would say: “I would like you to meet Dr. Ernest Smith..." then, the holder of a Ph.D. should only say, "Ernest Smith at your service." Should the person introducing you leave out your title - “I would like you to meet my friend Ernest, it is appropriate to say amiably: “Dr. Ernest Smith at your service.”
  • If you are introducing someone who holds a Ph.D. as a speaker before an audience, you must use his title: “I have the pleasure to introduce Dr. William Green, who will instruct us this evening on the fruit of his studies on such and such a topic.”

This is utter stupidity.

As for Liberty, you have nothing to base your slander and libel on.
The other poster informed me that Glenn Beck got a PhD from Liberty. He was never enrolled. Sean Hannity got a JD. He never took a class.

Seems like it’s a scam.

Honorary degrees are a "scam"??? In what universe is that?

I don't believe they are a scam. But they are certainly not the same as an earned degree, now are they?

She did quite a bit more than stay in college. I respect your master's degree. But a doctorate in a large step beyond that. Or are you saying that you just "stayed in college" longer than most?

I have a masters degree. Does that entitle me to require you to call me master?

I wasn't aware that was the traditional title bestowed by that degree?

What you are or are not aware of is of little importance and irrelevant. That is your personal problem.

Also, you failed you failed to address me by my proper title.

He addressed you by the traditional title that comes with a masters degree.

The far reaching RWI will never stop trying to act bigger and better than those that aren’t RWI’s.
Small little minds of the RWI.

Its actually an accredited university, one of the largest in the world.
It’s a phony university diploma mill who lets celebrities get degrees without taking any classes.

It’s basically money laundering.
There are plenty of people with life experiences in varying types of education and employment who most likely have earned a degree with it. Even though they do not have one.

Its actually an accredited university, one of the largest in the world.
It’s a phony university diploma mill who lets celebrities get degrees without taking any classes.

It’s basically money laundering.
There are plenty of people with life experiences in varying types of education and employment who most likely have earned a degree with it. Even though they do not have one.

Yes there are. But titles are a formal thing. If you do not follow the formalities, you don't get the title.

You fell into that trap.
of course the correct answer is soccer but any man of worth would say American Football played with tough guys rather than floppers that can’t use their hands.
At the risk of being accused of de-railing the thread, today football has become a sport of kneelers.
Black men on their knees hasn't been popular since 1860.
Democrats like ‘em that way nothing much has changed with them.

Forum List

Back