Jill Biden

My thought? Who cares. If she wants to call herself doctor, or Mrs Ronald mcdonald, what does it matter. Why do we get mired in these petty issues when there are much more important things going on in the world today.

My thought? Who cares. If she wants to call herself doctor, or Mrs Ronald mcdonald, what does it matter. Why do we get mired in these petty issues when there are much more important things going on in the world today.
What matters is the facgt that there are hatful, mysogynists asshols who feel the need to make an issue of it and they need to be called out,

If the woman is a doctor, why doesn't she cure her imbecile husband? China Biden is totally demented.

What matters is the facgt that there are hatful, mysogynists asshols who feel the need to make an issue of it and they need to be called out,
Why do they need to be called out? What difference does it make? What affect does it have on you what their opinion is? Let them have their opinion, then you can be free to not worry about it and do other things.

Just seems to me to be a silly thing to get worked up over.. *shrug*

An article in the WSJ op ed page supposedly shreds Jill Biden as a Doctor. She is not. A person who works there Melissa Korn ripped the article. Anyway, Jill Biden is much less then advertised according to the article. Vetting is so much fun when it is not against you as Joe and Jill were so fortunate to receive from the biased media.

I go by Doctor. I worked extremely hard to earn my Sc.D. and legitimately hold the title of "Doctor of Science." That I am not a medical doctor doesn't mean I don't have the right, the authority to use the title.

Obviously I don't agree with the WSJ on this and find the position petty.

This idea that only MDs can use the title "Dr" is ridiculous. And the tired old line "no one should be called 'doctor' unless they have delivered a baby" is simply nonsense. I personally know 2 people who have delivered a baby. Neither is in the medical profession. They were just in the right place and helped a distressed woman.

How about dentists? Are they doctors?

What about veterinarians? Are they doctors?

The prefix of someone's name is not determined by the lowest common denominator of the ignorant (willful or otherwise) public.

The "public" is beginning to totally disagree with your statement. Doctor of education only means that she stayed in college long enough to find a way to profit with misinformation.

2. Rules for spoken language
  • When someone has earned a Ph.D. degree he must subsequently be referred to as “Doctor” in formal speech. The same is true of a person who is a medical doctor, psychologist, dentist, veterinarian, osteophatic or naturopathic physician.
  • When a holder of a Ph.D. makes a telephone call and is asked “Who is speaking?” or “Who is calling?” he should answer Dr. William Green.
  • The same applies to any other type of presentation. When introduced to a new acquaintance by a common friend, the friend would say: “I would like you to meet Dr. Ernest Smith..." then, the holder of a Ph.D. should only say, "Ernest Smith at your service." Should the person introducing you leave out your title - “I would like you to meet my friend Ernest, it is appropriate to say amiably: “Dr. Ernest Smith at your service.”
  • If you are introducing someone who holds a Ph.D. as a speaker before an audience, you must use his title: “I have the pleasure to introduce Dr. William Green, who will instruct us this evening on the fruit of his studies on such and such a topic.”

This is utter stupidity.

Exactly where is this requirement you cite written down?

You "must"? Says who?

our desire to control the speech of everyone else shows just how desperate you are to have some semblance of being correct, which you are not.

An article in the WSJ op ed page supposedly shreds Jill Biden as a Doctor. She is not. A person who works there Melissa Korn ripped the article. Anyway, Jill Biden is much less then advertised according to the article. Vetting is so much fun when it is not against you as Joe and Jill were so fortunate to receive from the biased media.

I go by Doctor. I worked extremely hard to earn my Sc.D. and legitimately hold the title of "Doctor of Science." That I am not a medical doctor doesn't mean I don't have the right, the authority to use the title.

This idea that only MDs can use the title "Dr" is ridiculous. And the tired old line "no one should be called 'doctor' unless they have delivered a baby" is simply nonsense. I personally know 2 people who have delivered a baby. Neither is in the medical profession. They were just in the right place and helped a distressed woman.

The prefix of someone's name is not determined by the lowest common denominator of the ignorant (willful or otherwise) public.

The "public" is beginning to totally disagree with your statement. Doctor of education only means that she stayed in college long enough to find a way to profit with misinformation.

She did quite a bit more than stay in college. I respect your master's degree. But a doctorate in a large step beyond that. Or are you saying that you just "stayed in college" longer than most?

Proof of what she studied and its worth in general would support your claim. Since you did not cite any such proof, can we assume that it is equivalent to her getting a degree in physical education.

I have a masters degree. Does that entitle me to require you to call me master?

I wasn't aware that was the traditional title bestowed by that degree?

What you are or are not aware of is of little importance and irrelevant. That is your personal problem.

Also, you failed you failed to address me by my proper title.

He addressed you by the traditional title that comes with a masters degree.

No, the title should be master. If Jill Biden must be referred to as Doctor, you must address me as Master. You can't have it both ways just to suit your person bias.

She did quite a bit more than stay in college. I respect your master's degree. But a doctorate in a large step beyond that. Or are you saying that you just "stayed in college" longer than most?

Proof of what she studied and its worth in general would support your claim. Since you did not cite any such proof, can we assume that it is equivalent to her getting a degree in physical education.

If you do not see the worth of teachers, you are proving yourself to be ignorant on a grand scale.

I have a degree in Secondary Ed/Comprehensive Science. For someone to earn a masters and then go on to earn a Ed.D. is impressive. Your partisan political opinions do not change that.

I have a masters degree. Does that entitle me to require you to call me master?

I wasn't aware that was the traditional title bestowed by that degree?

What you are or are not aware of is of little importance and irrelevant. That is your personal problem.

Also, you failed you failed to address me by my proper title.

He addressed you by the traditional title that comes with a masters degree.

No, the title should be master. If Jill Biden must be referred to as Doctor, you must address me as Master. You can't have it both ways just to suit your person bias.

Have people who earned masters degree traditionally been referred to as "Master"? No.

Have people who earned a doctorate traditionally been referred to as "Doctor"? Yes. In fact, it has been happening since the 13th century.

So you claim to be no one? Put to fault by your being concerned by it. You fail again.

And remember, you "must" call me master.

I will call you by your earned title, bitch. The issue is that while you may be a millennial who spent years getting participation trophies, real life has developed over centuries.

With your masters degree you should sign correspondence as "Whiny Lilbitch, MA" to designate your status. No title is used to address those with a masters in speech.

2. Rules for spoken language
  • When someone has earned a Ph.D. degree he must subsequently be referred to as “Doctor” in formal speech. The same is true of a person who is a medical doctor, psychologist, dentist, veterinarian, osteophatic or naturopathic physician.
  • When a holder of a Ph.D. makes a telephone call and is asked “Who is speaking?” or “Who is calling?” he should answer Dr. William Green.
  • The same applies to any other type of presentation. When introduced to a new acquaintance by a common friend, the friend would say: “I would like you to meet Dr. Ernest Smith..." then, the holder of a Ph.D. should only say, "Ernest Smith at your service." Should the person introducing you leave out your title - “I would like you to meet my friend Ernest, it is appropriate to say amiably: “Dr. Ernest Smith at your service.”
  • If you are introducing someone who holds a Ph.D. as a speaker before an audience, you must use his title: “I have the pleasure to introduce Dr. William Green, who will instruct us this evening on the fruit of his studies on such and such a topic.”

This is utter stupidity.

Exactly where is this requirement you cite written down?

You "must"? Says who?

our desire to control the speech of everyone else shows just how desperate you are to have some semblance of being correct, which you are not.

Learn to read, learn to click.

Forum List

Back