Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) outs Texas Trump donors

No. We have moved to the "you keep deliberately hitting me below the belt so I'm gonna do the same back to you so you'll knock it off "stage.

Please tell me you see the difference. Please tell me that you are not that obtuse.

I think we could use some bible quotes here.
"An eye for an eye" -good advice.
"Turn the other cheek"-good advice
UhOh.

If you bother to read the passage you will find that "turn the other cheek" replaced "an eye for an eye".
But that should not be construed to mean open up your ass cheeks and let him fuck you dry every single fucking day.

Surely, you see the difference?

I do see that difference.

My view is that you can fight the enemy without becoming the enemy. I used to have this same discussion with the people that think our military should kill women and children and torture our prisoners because that is what the people we are fighting do.

When your actions become no different than that which you are fighting against...who has really won?
Well, you tell me.

We have a bunch of fucking Commies who are going to show up and protest Trump as he visits Dayton and El Paso. They are going to stand on the dead bodies of the victims and try to score political points.

Tell me why this shit should not be repaid in full? Tell me why we have to just sit there and take it.

Isn't that also the purpose of Trump's trip?

To stand on the dead bodies of the victims and try to score political points?

What other purpose is there in him going?

I think we could use some bible quotes here.
"An eye for an eye" -good advice.
"Turn the other cheek"-good advice
UhOh.

If you bother to read the passage you will find that "turn the other cheek" replaced "an eye for an eye".
But that should not be construed to mean open up your ass cheeks and let him fuck you dry every single fucking day.

My view is that you can fight the enemy without becoming the enemy. I used to have this same discussion with the people that think our military should kill women and children and torture our prisoners because that is what the people we are fighting do.

When your actions become no different than that which you are fighting against...who has really won?
Well, you tell me.

We have a bunch of fucking Commies who are going to show up and protest Trump as he visits Dayton and El Paso. They are going to stand on the dead bodies of the victims and try to score political points.

Tell me why this shit should not be repaid in full? Tell me why we have to just sit there and take it.

You think he really wants to go there?

If he doesn't go, what are they going to say?

I have to hand it to these jackasses. They are awesome experts at putting people in no-win situation.

Well, you tell me.

I have to hand it to these jackasses. They are awesome experts at putting people in no-win situation.

Seems our country is in a no-win situation.

Well, you tell me.

Deliberately so. Because of whom?

Well, you tell me.

Our leaders who have divided us by design as a divided populous is far easier to control.

and

Partisans whom care more about party than country and help the above to happen.

Well, you tell me.

Our leaders who have divided us by design as a divided populous is far easier to control.

and

It must be condemned from both sides. Not just one.

and

It must be condemned from both sides. Not just one.

But it is condemned from neither. Both sides give their party a free pass. Only those few of us on the outside condemn it, and there are not that many of us

Joaquin Castro, a Democratic congressman from Texas and chairman of the presidential campaign of his twin brother, Julián, fired back on Tuesday after being castigated on social media for tweeting the names and occupations of his constituents who’d maxed out their donations to President Donald Trump.

Joaquin Castro doubles down amid backlash over tweeting names of Trump donors

It's one thing to publish public info.......quite another to go where he is going now.

So much for a call to unity, these bastard Dims telling Trump he's not welcome, and now endangering Trump donors by broadcasting their names and business interests, are just asking for more violence !

Democratic lawmaker criticized for tweeting names of Trump donors

President Trump’s campaign lashed out at Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas), the brother of Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro, for tweeting out the names and business interests of dozens of donors to the Trump reelection campaign.

Joaquin Castro on Wednesday used his Twitter account to publish the names of 44 Texans who donated the maximum $2,700 to Trump, specifically calling out the owners of several prominent businesses in San Antonio, where the Castro brothers are from.

“Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders’,” the lawmaker tweeted.

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh accused Castro of “endangering the safety of the people he is supposed to be representing.”

We should know who are the buyers of every politician.

We should get that guy remove from Congress.

For what? What law did he break?
Intent is part of the law. Castro had clear bad intent when he created the Trump donor hit list along with his negative statement.

it is publicly available data.
The fashion in which he posted that hit list is not something that is publicly available.

It's not the disclosure of the information. It is the method and message with which he did it.

Perhaps we have a gap in some laws that need to be closed up. Nothing good can come of that hit list. It further discourages people from making political donations all together for fear of being exposed in this fashion.

We should get that guy remove from Congress.

For what? What law did he break?
Intent is part of the law. Castro had clear bad intent when he created the Trump donor hit list along with his negative statement.

it is publicly available data.
The fashion in which he posted that hit list is not something that is publicly available.

It's not the disclosure of the information. It is the method and message with which he did it.

Perhaps we have a gap in some laws that need to be closed up. Nothing good can come of that hit list. It further discourages people from making political donations all together for fear of being exposed in this fashion.

It further discourages people from making political donations all together ....you say that like it is a bad thing! :21::21:

So much for a call to unity, these bastard Dims telling Trump he's not welcome, and now endangering Trump donors by broadcasting their names and business interests, are just asking for more violence !

President Trump’s campaign lashed out at Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas), the brother of Democratic presidential candidate Julián Castro, for tweeting out the names and business interests of dozens of donors to the Trump reelection campaign.

Joaquin Castro on Wednesday used his Twitter account to publish the names of 44 Texans who donated the maximum $2,700 to Trump, specifically calling out the owners of several prominent businesses in San Antonio, where the Castro brothers are from.

“Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders’,” the lawmaker tweeted.

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh accused Castro of “endangering the safety of the people he is supposed to be representing.”

Everyone has a right to monetarily support anyone they choose. To point out that that Candidate A is being supported by Coal mining owners may even be legit.

To simply point out where they are employed is not. The business may very well have nothing to do with the employees choice. To put pressure on a business perhaps is even more wrong.

Everyone has a right to monetarily support anyone they choose. To point out that that Candidate A is being supported by Coal mining owners may even be legit.

To simply point out where they are employed is not. The business may very well have nothing to do with the employees choice. To put pressure on a business perhaps is even more wrong.

' With the advent of the Internet, prompt disclosure of expenditures can provide shareholders and citizens with the information needed to hold corporations and elected officials accountable for their positions and supporters. Shareholders can determine whether their corporation’s political speech advances the corporation’s interest in making profits, and citizens can see whether elected officials are “‘in the pocket’ of so-called moneyed interests.” 540 U. S., at 259 (opinion of SCALIA, J.); see MCFL, supra, at 261. The First Amendment protects political speech; and disclosure permits citizens and shareholders to react to the speech of corporate entities in a proper way. This transparency enables the electorate to make informed decisions and give proper weight to different speakers and messages. '
-- Majority Opinion; Citizens United v. FEC

' With the advent of the Internet, prompt disclosure of expenditures can provide shareholders and citizens with the information needed to hold corporations and elected officials accountable for their positions and supporters. Shareholders can determine whether their corporation’s political speech advances the corporation’s interest in making profits, and citizens can see whether elected officials are “‘in the pocket’ of so-called moneyed interests.” 540 U. S., at 259 (opinion of SCALIA, J.); see MCFL, supra, at 261. The First Amendment protects political speech; and disclosure permits citizens and shareholders to react to the speech of corporate entities in a proper way. This transparency enables the electorate to make informed decisions and give proper weight to different speakers and messages. '
-- Majority Opinion; Citizens United v. FEC
So, how does that justify a politician putting together a hit list of donors and where they may be found so loons can go attack them?

OH NO....he tweeted publicly available information!

Oh the horror! :290968001256257790-final:
It's one thing to publish public information.

It's quite another to call them out in the form of a hit list so that deranged people can harassing and disturb them because they believe Trump caused a mass shooting.

What are you really advocating year buddy?

I am not advocating anything, I am mocking the fake outrage.

What's fake about it ? This was not cool knowing the intent.

OH NO....he tweeted publicly available information!

Oh the horror! :290968001256257790-final:
It's one thing to publish public information.

It's quite another to call them out in the form of a hit list so that deranged people can harassing and disturb them because they believe Trump caused a mass shooting.

What are you really advocating year buddy?

I am not advocating anything, I am mocking the fake outrage.
Fake?

You think it's cool for a representative to put together a hit list, blaming the president for a mass shooting, and allowing people to know who exactly they need to go shoot?

I think you've lost all reason on this one, pal.

I think you are the one that is overreaching here. He was not advocating shooting anyone any more than Trump does in his rallies.

His intent was to intimidate these people, which could easily lead to violence.

Forum List

Back