Jobs Report

Early reports are often wrong but this just cleared the wires:

The economy added 157,000 jobs in July, the Labor Department reported today, a sharp downturn from 248,000 in June.

Average hourly private-sector earnings were up 2.7 percent over the previous year, unchanged from June. The unemployment rate was 3.9 percent, down from 4 percent in June.

Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg had predicted the creation of 190,000 jobs.

The trade wars are causing mass uncertainty in the hiring market.
More liberal butt hurt. Where I live they can't find enough people to work.

Yet, you're worried about mexicans stealing jobs, right? We need a wall paid by our tax dollars, right?

Do you idiots think anything through?
Never said that liar. I'm worried about mexicans and others coming here illegally and needing welfare assistance immediately and committing crimes, like they have been doing for God only knows how long. Next lie?

How many illegal mexicans come over here and then get welfare? Lets see some stats.
Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

The democrats like to ignore the fact that the economy took a tank in 06 when THEY took over congress. Bush was a lame duck the last two years yet liberals want to blame him. WTF was he supposed to do? Republicans couldn't get shit passed because of liberals saying "no" to everything. Isn't that funny. The minute the democrats get control of congress the economy tanks. It continues to stagnate until they are finally relieved of duty in 2017. Then it takes off like a rocket.

And people STILL vote in liberals into office. You have to wonder why.
2006 is pre-recession. The effects of subprime mortgage meltdown peaked in 2009.
Real estate peaked in 2007.

There you go. Give liberals the keys to the car and they wreck it. Liberals got the keys in Jan of 2007. Thanks for proving my point!
And then they lie about it all.

The democrats like to ignore the fact that the economy took a tank in 06 when THEY took over congress. Bush was a lame duck the last two years yet liberals want to blame him. WTF was he supposed to do? Republicans couldn't get shit passed because of liberals saying "no" to everything. Isn't that funny. The minute the democrats get control of congress the economy tanks. It continues to stagnate until they are finally relieved of duty in 2017. Then it takes off like a rocket.

And people STILL vote in liberals into office. You have to wonder why.
2006 is pre-recession. The effects of subprime mortgage meltdown peaked in 2009.
Real estate peaked in 2007.

There you go. Give liberals the keys to the car and they wreck it. Liberals got the keys in Jan of 2007. Thanks for proving my point!
It was caused by Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, mortgage-backed securities, lack of due diligence on subprime loans.
2006 was the peak of real-estate asset bubble, which shows your ignorance. Nothing todo with your so-called "liberals", but instead: neo-liberalism.

It really takes a demented piece of shit to delight in posting bad news about the US economy, then again it's probably just bullshit cut and pasted from the Daily Kos like most libturd threads are.

Then these malignant pieces of genetic garbage wonder why they're regarded as vermin by patriotic adults.

Remember how you and your fellow far rightwing piss-aunts were delighting in bad news so much, that you actually had to make it up during the last Administration?

Wha happened?

hey-wha-happened.jpg

Yep, no difference between the far right and far left in this issue. They thrive on bad news when it benefits their guy. Pretty sad state of the country.

The economy added 157,000 jobs in July, the Labor Department reported today, a sharp downturn from 248,000 in June.

Average hourly private-sector earnings were up 2.7 percent over the previous year, unchanged from June. The unemployment rate was 3.9 percent, down from 4 percent in June.

Notice how the far left tries to find fault in a booming economy.

Year-over-year wage growth
artboard-600px.png

Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics

U.S. Added 157,000 Jobs in July; Unemployment Rate Slips to 3.9%

Over all still better than the 8 years of Obama!

Note: I expect the far left to never address the facts that Trump is still better than Obama and much better than the loser Hilary!

Last edited:
Yep, no difference between the far right and far left in this issue. They thrive on bad news when it benefits their guy. Pretty sad state of the country.

I gotta call bullshit here, at least as far as the degree goes.

I don't recall reading numerous threads, on a daily basis, celebrating the malaise and stagnation of the obozo economy.

I don't recall anyone being happy about shitty things happening that could be blamed on that meat puppet, at least not the same way we see a dozen threads within hours posted by a handful of bed wetters parroting polls and agitprop, in order to make Trump look bad.

I'm sure there were some, but I don't recall anyone celebrating bad news as if it meant the obozo regime was going to be cut short any day now. Yet since Nov 2016 we have had non-stop multiple threads on a daily basis, full of the same lies, disinformation, bile and hatred from bed wetters who appear absolutely furious that things are going well for people.

Yet, you're worried about mexicans stealing jobs, right? We need a wall paid by our tax dollars, right?

Never said that liar. I'm worried about mexicans and others coming here illegally and needing welfare assistance immediately and committing crimes, like they have been doing for God only knows how long. Next lie?

How many illegal mexicans come over here and then get welfare? Lets see some stats.

Here’s some stats. Bet you wish you hadn’t asked....hmm?

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/
Therefore, illegal border-crossers create an average fiscal burden of more than $72,000 during their lifetimes, Camarota says. Including costs for their US-born children, the fiscal drain jumps to more than $94,000.

While the national media routinely report that illegal immigrants don’t go on welfare, Camarota says this is a pervasive myth. While in most cases they can’t legally qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid or other public benefits, the reality is that the vast majority of households headed by illegal immigrants are on welfare through their children.

The cost of the DREAM Act has been estimated as very large — a $26 billion net cost in the first 10 years,” Camarota noted.

Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that 3 million DREAM Act recipients would receive an estimated $12 billion-plus in ObamaCare subsidies, more than $5.5 billion in Medicaid benefits, $5.5 billion in earned-income and child-tax credits and more than $2 billion in food stamps.

Thanks.

I read your link and I see it seems to be an opinion piece with no source for the data except some quotes from an anti-immigration "expert".

A for effort though, Sparky.

Did you read the part where the CBO (not an opinion by a partisan) estimated that 3 million Dreamers will receive $25 billion in subsidies and benefits? The joy of being a liberal is you can only read facts that fit your narrative.

Oh that's cute, we've shifted the conversation to Dreamers and away from illegal mexicans coming here because there is no wall to stop them. But please tell me more about reading only what you want to fit a narrative.

Keep at it Bro, you're doing a bang up job. Really.

Yes, that's the first place they go! Right to the nearest Welfare Office where some friendly government worker signs them up with no documentation required.
well actually I witnessed it last month at the SS office in my local area. Dude, there 50 people in the waiting room, five besides my wife and I weren't mexicans. So go take a personal visit and look at the SS offices.

They were illegal or just mexican?

Or that's the same thing to you, right?

Regressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

6c. attack their rationality.

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card/misogynist card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/bigot card

11. Make up stuff/So you got nothing?

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand, playing ignorant/what did I lie about

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

16. Russia

17. Fox News/Alex Jones/Brietbart/infowars/Stormfront/Gateway/hannity

18. You can’t read.

19. Trump Trump Trump TrumpTrump Trump

Thanks for sharing your data.

So yeah according to your own data there aren't any illegal mexicans coming in to this country and getting on welfare.

So I guess you agree that the Wall is a dumb idea.
I haven't posted any data, liar. How to Stop Lying

Of course you haven't posted any data. That's the point.

Holy fuck this is embarrassing for you.
Right on cue! You can't help yourself can you troll?

You're right, I can't help but point out that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Guilty as charged.

Yes, that's the first place they go! Right to the nearest Welfare Office where some friendly government worker signs them up with no documentation required.
well actually I witnessed it last month at the SS office in my local area. Dude, there 50 people in the waiting room, five besides my wife and I weren't mexicans. So go take a personal visit and look at the SS offices.
Funny, we went so my wife could sign up for her SS since she turns 70 this year and the last year she can apply for her benefits. Thought I'd see old people there. Fk was I wrong. My wife and I laughed our asses off in the car on the way fking home. OMG, never in a thousand years would I imagine what I saw. 30 year olds with kids and mexican. no english in the room either, all mexican speak. They were calling numbers in spanish at a US SS office.

LOL, "mexican speak" he says.

Here’s some stats. Bet you wish you hadn’t asked....hmm?

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/
Therefore, illegal border-crossers create an average fiscal burden of more than $72,000 during their lifetimes, Camarota says. Including costs for their US-born children, the fiscal drain jumps to more than $94,000.

While the national media routinely report that illegal immigrants don’t go on welfare, Camarota says this is a pervasive myth. While in most cases they can’t legally qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid or other public benefits, the reality is that the vast majority of households headed by illegal immigrants are on welfare through their children.

The cost of the DREAM Act has been estimated as very large — a $26 billion net cost in the first 10 years,” Camarota noted.

Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that 3 million DREAM Act recipients would receive an estimated $12 billion-plus in ObamaCare subsidies, more than $5.5 billion in Medicaid benefits, $5.5 billion in earned-income and child-tax credits and more than $2 billion in food stamps.

Thanks.

I read your link and I see it seems to be an opinion piece with no source for the data except some quotes from an anti-immigration "expert".

A for effort though, Sparky.

Did you read the part where the CBO (not an opinion by a partisan) estimated that 3 million Dreamers will receive $25 billion in subsidies and benefits? The joy of being a liberal is you can only read facts that fit your narrative.

Oh that's cute, we've shifted the conversation to Dreamers and away from illegal mexicans coming here because there is no wall to stop them. But please tell me more about reading only what you want to fit a narrative.

Keep at it Bro, you're doing a bang up job. Really.

They were illegal or just mexican?

Or that's the same thing to you, right?

Regressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

6c. attack their rationality.

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card/misogynist card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/bigot card

11. Make up stuff/So you got nothing?

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand, playing ignorant/what did I lie about

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

16. Russia

17. Fox News/Alex Jones/Brietbart/infowars/Stormfront/Gateway/hannity

18. You can’t read.

19. Trump Trump Trump TrumpTrump Trump

Thanks for sharing your data.

So yeah according to your own data there aren't any illegal mexicans coming in to this country and getting on welfare.

So I guess you agree that the Wall is a dumb idea.
I haven't posted any data, liar. How to Stop Lying

Of course you haven't posted any data. That's the point.

Holy fuck this is embarrassing for you.
Right on cue! You can't help yourself can you troll?

You're right, I can't help but point out that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Guilty as charged.
The only one doing any "shifting away" is you. I prefer to call it spin.

More liberal butt hurt. Where I live they can't find enough people to work.

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

LOL. The same anti-immigration source as the NY Post article. Do you even care?

I gotta call bullshit here, at least as far as the degree goes.

I don't recall reading numerous threads, on a daily basis, celebrating the malaise and stagnation of the obozo economy.

I don't recall anyone being happy about shitty things happening that could be blamed on that meat puppet, at least not the same way we see a dozen threads within hours posted by a handful of bed wetters parroting polls and agitprop, in order to make Trump look bad.

I'm sure there were some, but I don't recall anyone celebrating bad news as if it meant the obozo regime was going to be cut short any day now. Yet since Nov 2016 we have had non-stop multiple threads on a daily basis, full of the same lies, disinformation, bile and hatred from bed wetters who appear absolutely furious that things are going well for people.

I recall it, every time the jobs report came out and I’m talking about the far left and right, not the right and the left.

The Labor Force Participation Rate is almost 63%. I don't know how much longer the Left is going to be able to whine about Russia and Manafort and Trump's tweets causing them butthurt much longer. I mean this is pretty epic and it's making a huge difference.

What the heck are you talking about?

The LFPR (Labor Force Participation Rate) has been flat for years...and still is. And it was higher than it is now in 2016 and again in 2017.

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2008_2018_all_period_M07_data.gif

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Once again, I am neither Dem nor Rep...thank goodness.

Last edited:
Many businesses are having a hard time finding workers. I see plenty of businesses with "now hiring" signs out front. Kind of hard to make the employment numbers go up when you can't find workers.

My daughter is about to start college and works in retail. She routinely gets recruited by other retail managers shopping in her store who are impressed by her friendliness and service. They are ready to hire her on the spot--they have business cards at the ready and offer her pretty sweet hourly salaries. She's not ready to move.

I believe it because her own store has such a hard time filling positions. They have told her please please please bring any of your friends who want a job in here to work. They're that desperate.
/----/ Last time this happened was during the Reagan Administration. Fast food managers would wait outside the competitors stores and recruit the workers as they came off shift. They offered $3,000 signing bonuses. Every fast food had help wanted signs on display.

Today's millennials are ghosting jobs. They are recruited non stop and when they receive a better offer, that go on break and never come back.
The job market is apparently so hot people are ghosting potential employers
"This job market is so hot right now. Unemployment is at a 18-year low. You've got more job openings than candidates, which is the first time the Labor Department has seen this … It's a buyers' market right now," LinkedIn editor-in-chief Dan Roth told "CBS This Morning" on Wednesday.

I did not know that about the Reagan boom--makes total sense. That's my daughter's experience. She wouldn't ghost though. Both my kids have had jobs since they've been 16, even if they could only manage to work 10 hours a week in certain times, they were working. I cannot tout enough the benefits of kids working. But I digress....

We drummed into their heads that your first job is your first REFERENCE, so never burn bridges. I think they got the picture. Son is a server on college break and some waitress left her job mid-shift. He was appalled. heh

Reading this thread, it's clear the Democrats have two fat losing issues on their hands going into the mid-terms: Trump's booming economy and immigration.

The only thing they can do is whip up more mindless Trump Hate. That's it. That's all they've got.

It would be funny if it weren't so dangerous. Either way, it sure is pathetic.

Many businesses are having a hard time finding workers. I see plenty of businesses with "now hiring" signs out front. Kind of hard to make the employment numbers go up when you can't find workers.

My daughter is about to start college and works in retail. She routinely gets recruited by other retail managers shopping in her store who are impressed by her friendliness and service. They are ready to hire her on the spot--they have business cards at the ready and offer her pretty sweet hourly salaries. She's not ready to move.

I believe it because her own store has such a hard time filling positions. They have told her please please please bring any of your friends who want a job in here to work. They're that desperate.
/----/ Last time this happened was during the Reagan Administration. Fast food managers would wait outside the competitors stores and recruit the workers as they came off shift. They offered $3,000 signing bonuses. Every fast food had help wanted signs on display.

Today's millennials are ghosting jobs. They are recruited non stop and when they receive a better offer, that go on break and never come back.
"This job market is so hot right now. Unemployment is at a 18-year low. You've got more job openings than candidates, which is the first time the Labor Department has seen this … It's a buyers' market right now," LinkedIn editor-in-chief Dan Roth told "CBS This Morning" on Wednesday.

I did not know that about the Reagan boom--makes total sense. That's my daughter's experience. She wouldn't ghost though. Both my kids have had jobs since they've been 16, even if they could only manage to work 10 hours a week in certain times, they were working. I cannot tout enough the benefits of kids working. But I digress....

We drummed into their heads that your first job is your first REFERENCE, so never burn bridges. I think they got the picture. Son is a server on college break and some waitress left her job mid-shift. He was appalled. heh
/-----/ "I did not know that about the Reagan boom--makes total sense.' Your statement doesn't make total sense. What are you saying? It didn't happen? I was in my 30s. I remember it vividly. I was a sales rep for a Fortune 50 company and I got phone calls from head hunters constantly asking if I'd jump jobs.

The jobs report - IMO - was a mixed bag.

On the plus side? 157,000 is a decent number - though the Establishment survey is tarnished by the ridiculous Birth Death model. But the Household Survey (what the U-3 is based on) was up a whopping 389,000. Also, the U-6 was way down from 7.8% to 7.5%.
Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization
Plus, the employment-population ratio (to me a FAR better barometer of employment than the joke U-3) was even up to the highest it has been since 2009. Though the ratio has been steadily rising - off and on - since 2014...so Trumpbots, don't freak out now.
But all of this is good.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

The bad news?

Wages and the types of jobs created since April.

Wages were up 2.7% annually (which is less than the inflation rate).
United States Inflation Rate | 1914-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar
And both average weekly hours and average weekly wages were down.
And before you claim 'summer jobs did that'? These numbers are not raw - they are seasonally adjusted.

Employment Situation Summary Table B. Establishment data, seasonally adjusted

Finally, there is this chart:

workers%20educational%20level.jpg

It's Not All Good: Here Is The Real Problem Deep Inside The Jobs Report

It basically shows that since the tariffs have started to bite - jobs are going more to the less educated. And they generally make less money than the educated.

This explains why though the jobs numbers have been generally good - wages are not growing that well and are, in fact, no longer keeping pace with inflation.

And that is bad.

Always look past the headlines.

Last edited:

/-----/ "I did not know that about the Reagan boom--makes total sense.' Your statement doesn't make total sense. What are you saying? It didn't happen? I was in my 30s. I remember it vividly. I was a sales rep for a Fortune 50 company and I got phone calls from head hunters constantly asking if I'd jump jobs.

I mean I did not know that. I knew the economy recovered in the early 80s but I did not know that, like now, it recovered so quickly that fast food managers did what retail managers are doing with my daughter now. However that makes sense to me when I put it together with what I know from that era. That's all I meant--I just learned something. Like i said, "I did not know that".

Forum List

Back