Jodi Arias Penalty

So Jodi is all in for going forward with another penalty phase. She is still sticking to her 'I'm innocent' gig. She'll never accept that others don't buy into anything she says.

".....it is Ms. Arias’ desire to call witnesses during the re-trial of her sentencing phase, if and only if a full picture can be painted." (taken from the link above)

Well, that statement alone says hell has frozen over, because she will never paint a full picture of her life. Sad, but true.

Also, why not get the family to testify for her? It doesn't have to be the "abusive" parents. It could be the grandmother, aunt or some of the siblings. She should just offer up life and be done with it, no appeals. But she won't. She wants to get out again and believes she deserves it.

I'm starting to wonder if her family even wants anything to do with her now. Think about it. Her mom has been in court nearly every day, up until they took off on vacation at the very end of the trial. Who takes a vacation at the end of their child's trial, especially when it's obvious they are at the end of it? Did they finally get their fill of her lies and realize she wouldn't backtrack and take back what she said about them in court? IF I remember correctly, didn't her sister tweet or post something about them being on their way to the Grand Canyon when the verdict came in? I don't recall them mentioning Jodi in it. Sad to say, her 'family' may not want to get up in front of people and talk about her if they don't really have much good to say.

Motion for continuance, vacations, threats, no mitigation because of threats, other court cases, hey, let's start in January 2014.

I wonder if it will fly. I will guess "yes" for this judge. If it were Belvin Perry, I'd guess "no".

I can't believe they've asked for a continuance until Jan. 2014!!! Unreal! If the judge is smart, she'll say HELL NO! Let's go get it over with NOW! They've had more than enough time to get their act together. This is another way of forcing TA's family to have to hear her name and BS that much longer.

The judge is so lenient, I think she might approve it. What do you think?

I'm sure she'll keep on with her current track record and give them what they want. Why break the bank now? In my opinion, it won't look good on her as a judge if she gives in.

So Jodi is all in for going forward with another penalty phase. She is still sticking to her 'I'm innocent' gig. She'll never accept that others don't buy into anything she says.

".....it is Ms. Arias’ desire to call witnesses during the re-trial of her sentencing phase, if and only if a full picture can be painted." (taken from the link above)

Well, that statement alone says hell has frozen over, because she will never paint a full picture of her life. Sad, but true.

Also, why not get the family to testify for her? It doesn't have to be the "abusive" parents. It could be the grandmother, aunt or some of the siblings. She should just offer up life and be done with it, no appeals. But she won't. She wants to get out again and believes she deserves it.

I'm starting to wonder if her family even wants anything to do with her now. Think about it. Her mom has been in court nearly every day, up until they took off on vacation at the very end of the trial. Who takes a vacation at the end of their child's trial, especially when it's obvious they are at the end of it? Did they finally get their fill of her lies and realize she wouldn't backtrack and take back what she said about them in court? IF I remember correctly, didn't her sister tweet or post something about them being on their way to the Grand Canyon when the verdict came in? I don't recall them mentioning Jodi in it. Sad to say, her 'family' may not want to get up in front of people and talk about her if they don't really have much good to say.

I think her mother was there, but some miscommunication ensued where they thought it was only a juror question, or something like that, according to Donovan Forgotherlastname.

Why did she agree to come in to court at all? Her answer now doesn't really make any sense. She wasn't subpoenaed to testify, she volunteered to be there, right?

I searched, but can't find anything yet that is factual of Patti being subpoenaed.

She was saying glowing things about Arias on either Loudapalooza or NG.

Yep, she was before. Now that someone has threatened to harm her daughter, she's speaking truthfully. It was evident in her voice tonight she was being as honest as she could be.

Regardless as to whether she testified or not, noone should have threatened Patti or her children or anyone associated with her with physical harm. That is just wrong.

Please let her be in a little box at Estrella while all this is happening. Postponing the rude awakening between sorority jail and Perryville?

Since she's convicted of M1, I hope they keep her in solitary until the penalty phase sentencing is over. There's no reason for her to get messages out to Twitter, FB, the devil, or anyone/anything else. I don't know if any of her messages could be reason for an appeal later on, but if there's any chance of it, cut off all communication lines to her, other than her attorneys.

I searched, but can't find anything yet that is factual of Patti being subpoenaed.

Yep, she was before. Now that someone has threatened to harm her daughter, she's speaking truthfully. It was evident in her voice tonight she was being as honest as she could be.

Regardless as to whether she testified or not, noone should have threatened Patti or her children or anyone associated with her with physical harm. That is just wrong.

Well, maybe she was intimidated then. Is she telling a different story because she is scared, or because it is the truth? Is she afraid now to say anything nice about Arias? If she is scared, then that is a legitimate claim by the defense. Although honestly, I can't see how this friend she hasn't seen in years could be more effective than family in swaying a jury.

Gotta go cook for my youngin; she says "Mommy, I'm starving."

Patti Womack is on JVM right now, saying she only knew Jodi as a childhood friend. (Contrary to what the defense was leading us to believe.) She also said she does not support Jodi and that there was nothing she could have said to the jury to make a difference. So, the way I'm taking it, Patti had a lightbulb switch flip on in her head about the entire mess and realized what the hell really happened.

Or she was intimidated by all the threats. And her info being posted publicly.

Hi All!

BOMBSHELL TONIGHT: ARIAS SET TO GO TO MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY, NOT DEATH ROW? ...per NG.

Apparently the defense is embracing DeMarte's diagnosis of mental illness and planning to expound on it and bring in new experts to prove Arias is too mentally ill to be given the DP, or to understand her sentence and needs to be at a (cushy) mental hospital for the duration of her incarceration.

Aiyiyi.........and on and on......

Why did she agree to come in to court at all? Her answer now doesn't really make any sense. She wasn't subpoenaed to testify, she volunteered to be there, right?

Well we know she was in court that day and the opening on sentencing said she would testify and then she was in chambers the next day

I thought them being on vacation wasn't actually true and they were upset about not being notified of final verdict.

Hi All!

BOMBSHELL TONIGHT: ARIAS SET TO GO TO MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY, NOT DEATH ROW? ...per NG.

Apparently the defense is embracing DeMarte's diagnosis of mental illness and planning to expound on it and bring in new experts to prove Arias is too mentally ill to be given the DP, or to understand her sentence and needs to be at a (cushy) mental hospital for the duration of her incarceration.

SERIOUS? Is this breaking news???

I agree no one should have threatened her or anyone involved in this trial. I'm curious why you think she is being honest after the threats and not before?

Hi All!

sounds like the same thing from weeks ago that Nancy is saying again but claiming its breaking.

Hi All!

sounds like the same thing from weeks ago that Nancy is saying again but claiming its breaking.

what about the January date - ??

what about the January date - ??

Oh gosh, sorry guys. I didn't hadn't heard this before. I thought it was new news. I think they may postpone it till January since apparently Willmott has 5 cases with deadlines on her docket. Not sure tho.

Forum List

Back