Jodi Arias Penalty

I listened and again and Patti never specifically stated that she was threatened. She mentioned people posting her name, her address and a photo of her house and people saying terrible things about her family. I would certainly agree that that was intimidating, but it doesn't sound like anyone directly threatened her. I suppose it's a grey area where people don't get arrested.

I just listened to it. They posted pictures of her, her daughter, hacked her facebook posted her address, map and pictures of her house. That to me is a veiled threat. I wouldn't put it past people on the internet to have actually threatened her like I've said I myself have received them just because I prefer facts. It doesn't sound to me like she decided anything differently about Arias it sounds like she was intimidated and scared to testify. She doesn't support what JA did- of course who would. But she thought JA was a beautiful person when they were growing up. IDK I think its messed up that she was harassed and threatened. It does sound like she was cut off I'd like to know what she was going to say at the end there.

The damn juror who voted guilty but didn't vote death got threats- that's insane. I'm telling you I think some of these people are even crazier than JA if that's possible.

What do you guys think about this one? 2 weeks pass before baby reported missing | HLNtv.com

I saw that tonight. I think the father had something to do with the baby disappearing. Maybe he was upset he wouldn't stop crying and shook him like others have been guilty of doing. It could have killed the baby, the father realized what happened, used the excuse to take him for a walk, and dumped his body somewhere in the area he walked. I don't recall hearing if the mother lived with the father, but I do remember hearing someone say it was the mother that reported the baby missing.

The damn juror who voted guilty but didn't vote death got threats- that's insane. I'm telling you I think some of these people are even crazier than JA if that's possible.

What do you guys think about this one? 2 weeks pass before baby reported missing | HLNtv.com

I saw that tonight. I think the father had something to do with the baby disappearing. Maybe he was upset he wouldn't stop crying and shook him like others have been guilty of doing. It could have killed the baby, the father realized what happened, used the excuse to take him for a walk, and dumped his body somewhere in the area he walked. I don't recall hearing if the mother lived with the father, but I do remember hearing someone say it was the mother that reported the baby missing.

Yeah I need to know more I only just saw this snippet. It's insane that he didn't report it. Just to play devils advocate for a moment could he have been worried or felt guilty about leaving him unattended on porch and kid getting snatched? I guess possible but to me it wouldn't out weigh the fact that my kid is missing and in danger. Did he do anything to look for the kid? Is he under arrest? I need to know more.

Ok I just read that motion what I don't understand is why should she get more time to prepare a mitigation case if she they decided not to present one the first time around? Why is it different now?

Did they ever find the Duckett kid the one that NG yelled at mom on air and then she killed herself? Anyone know?

Babies missing all over the place. It's awful. I don't understand why its do easy for some women to have babies and then them be such bad mothers. It's not right. There are a lot of women that would do anything to have a child. Anyway, here is another story I am upset about. God please let someone find this beautiful baby.

Missing Toddler's Mom Arrested in Another Twist to Already Mysterious Case | The Stir

Why are they suspicioius of the mom in this one?

Babies missing all over the place. It's awful. I don't understand why its do easy for some women to have babies and then them be such bad mothers. It's not right. There are a lot of women that would do anything to have a child. Anyway, here is another story I am upset about. God please let someone find this beautiful baby.

Missing Toddler's Mom Arrested in Another Twist to Already Mysterious Case | The Stir

Why are they suspicioius of the mom in this one?

I'll see if I can find the story that was on about it last night on how she went missing. Then you will understand hoe crazy it is.

I listened and again and Patti never specifically stated that she was threatened. She mentioned people posting her name, her address and a photo of her house and people saying terrible things about her family. I would certainly agree that that was intimidating, but it doesn't sound like anyone directly threatened her. I suppose it's a grey area where people don't get arrested.

I just listened to it. They posted pictures of her, her daughter, hacked her facebook posted her address, map and pictures of her house. That to me is a veiled threat. I wouldn't put it past people on the internet to have actually threatened her like I've said I myself have received them just because I prefer facts. It doesn't sound to me like she decided anything differently about Arias it sounds like she was intimidated and scared to testify. She doesn't support what JA did- of course who would. But she thought JA was a beautiful person when they were growing up. IDK I think its messed up that she was harassed and threatened. It does sound like she was cut off I'd like to know what she was going to say at the end there.

Tink

I think it's more complicated than what she is saying. All of those things that happened, happened before she showed up for testimony. It hadn't dissuaded her. It wasn't until she was questioned in her depo by Martinez that she hightailed it. I think part of what scared her, or what scared her the most, was the potential trouble that she would get herself into. She didn't want to commit perjury and she couldn't take the stand to help Arias and take the 5th at the same time. I think she was intimidated and people should leave her alone, but I think it was not the major issue for her. I think the interview purpose is twofold: one, to back up the defense's motion, and create sympathy for Arias; the timing is highly coincidental, and two, to save her own reputation. It's easier to project that you have been victimized than to come clean and say, "I couldn't testify and help Arias, because I would have screwed myself and not helped her anyway".

Aside from that, she doesn't want to be harassed, but again, she was willing to go the mile for her friend until she was in a catch 22. So she is HELPING her now, through the media. It was the very same thing that Brewer did.

I'm sorry, maybe I am way too cynical, but upon further reflection, this feels very calculated.

Last edited:
Ok I just read that motion what I don't understand is why should she get more time to prepare a mitigation case if she they decided not to present one the first time around? Why is it different now?

The only legit parts, in my opinion, are obligations to other cases. I don't know if that can be easily rearranged or reassigned.

I think that jurors should learn something from this case and NOT do interviews. I think the jurors' identities should be sealed from the public.

Tink

I think it's more complicated than what she is saying. All of those things that happened, happened before she showed up for testimony. It hadn't dissuaded her. It wasn't until she was questioned in her depo by Martinez that she hightailed it. I think part of what scared her, or what scared her the most, was the potential trouble that she would get herself into. She didn't want to commit perjury and she couldn't take the stand to help Arias and take the 5th at the same time. I think she was intimidated and people should leave her alone, but I think it was not the major issue for her. I think the interview purpose is twofold: one, to back up the defense's motion, and create sympathy for Arias; the timing is highly coincidental, and two, to save her own reputation. It's easier to project that you have been victimized than to come clean and say, "I couldn't testify and help Arias, because I would have screwed myself and not helped her anyway".

Aside from that, she doesn't want to be harassed, but again, she was willing to go the mile for her friend until she was in a catch 22. So she is HELPING her now, through the media. It was the very same thing that Brewer did.

Oh yeah I agree with that I think its both of those things. But what I don't think it is, is that she was going to lie and all this suddenly made her tell the truth. In fact I don't really think she's changing her tune at all. She has more to gain now with this interview than the other way around.

Forum List

Back