Jodi Arias Penalty

She was saying glowing things about Arias on either Loudapalooza or NG.

Yep, she was before. Now that someone has threatened to harm her daughter, she's speaking truthfully. It was evident in her voice tonight she was being as honest as she could be.

Regardless as to whether she testified or not, noone should have threatened Patti or her children or anyone associated with her with physical harm. That is just wrong.

Well, maybe she was intimidated then. Is she telling a different story because she is scared, or because it is the truth? Is she afraid now to say anything nice about Arias? If she is scared, then that is a legitimate claim by the defense. Although honestly, I can't see how this friend she hasn't seen in years could be more effective than family in swaying a jury.

Considering Patti told JVM that there was nothing she could say to the jury on mitigating factors to change the outcome, I'd say she's telling the truth. Sometimes it takes an 'eye-opener' for people to see the truth through all the fog. Reality came crashing down for Patti; she saw Jodi for who she truly is. Better late than never, right?

Hello everyone...making spaghetti...youre all invited...we can sit on the back deck and stare at my lawn...:eusa_drool:

I'll throw in garlic bread and coke! Who's gonna bring the plates and cups?

I heard about the defense wanting the delay before, I just hadn't read the actual document.
Sorry for making you feel ignored Tink.

And I heard Patti on JVM and thought her "crying" was BS! Also, I never heard her say she isn't a druggie, just that she's never been arrested for drugs. Not that it necessarily matters. Just interesting. It seems she's changed her tune about supporting Arias once she got the message just how unpopular Arias was/is. Don't think Patti's testimony would have helped and might have hurt so just as well she bowed out.

Yep, she was before. Now that someone has threatened to harm her daughter, she's speaking truthfully. It was evident in her voice tonight she was being as honest as she could be.

Regardless as to whether she testified or not, noone should have threatened Patti or her children or anyone associated with her with physical harm. That is just wrong.

Well, maybe she was intimidated then. Is she telling a different story because she is scared, or because it is the truth? Is she afraid now to say anything nice about Arias? If she is scared, then that is a legitimate claim by the defense. Although honestly, I can't see how this friend she hasn't seen in years could be more effective than family in swaying a jury.

Considering Patti told JVM that there was nothing she could say to the jury on mitigating factors to change the outcome, I'd say she's telling the truth. Sometimes it takes an 'eye-opener' for people to see the truth through all the fog. Reality came crashing down for Patti; she saw Jodi for who she truly is. Better late than never, right?

I think the defense realized she had nothing substantial, coupled with the fact that she was scared. It was my impression that she may have been high or buzzed on NG, and was waxing nostalgic about the good old days with her friend. Also, I think she was likely paid handsomely for the photos that aired.

sounds like the same thing from weeks ago that Nancy is saying again but claiming its breaking.

what about the January date - ??

Oh gosh, sorry guys. I didn't hadn't heard this before. I thought it was new news. I think they may postpone it till January since apparently Willmott has 5 cases with deadlines on her docket. Not sure tho.

The motion was only from the 12th, it is new news.

And I heard Patti on JVM and thought her "crying" was BS! Also, I never heard her say she isn't a druggie, just that she's never been arrested for drugs. Not that it necessarily matters. Just interesting. It seems she's changed her tune about supporting Arias once she got the message just how unpopular Arias was/is. Don't think Patti's testimony would have helped and might have hurt so just as well she bowed out.

Where is this?? Did I miss a link?

Or were you talking about the mental illness angle? That was a while ago, but the defense said nothing about institutionalization instead of prison.

She was saying glowing things about Arias on either Loudapalooza or NG.

I agree no one should have threatened her or anyone involved in this trial. I'm curious why you think she is being honest after the threats and not before?

Reality set in for her; it all became 'real' when the threats started trolling in. I also believe she sat in the courtroom long enough to hear enough evidence, hear Jodi's lies, see how Jodi reacted (more like didn't react) to everything going on around her, and came to her own conclusion. In the beginning of Patti being in the courtroom, she was all smiley, giggly, not believing anything negative she heard about Jodi; then the evidence that could not be ignored showed up. Add to that, she realized this wasn't the same person she knew so long ago.

It was on HLN tonight. Here's a link for the video:

Friend of Arias: I was in fear for my life | HLNtv.com

I think the reality of having to take the 5th to avoid self incrimination played a big role in the motivation not to testify. Having to admit to her own foibles and possible legal troubles would set her up as a less than stellar character, and judge of character, once Martinez cross examined her.

Last edited:
One thing I'll say about Patti - she's the only person, besides family, willing to acknowledge she even knows Arias from pre-Travis.

It was on HLN tonight. Here's a link for the video:

Friend of Arias: I was in fear for my life | HLNtv.com

I just listened to it. Was it longer? It sounded like she got cut off.

I heard about the defense wanting the delay before, I just hadn't read the actual document.
Sorry for making you feel ignored Tink.

LOL no didn't make me feel ignored no need to apologize I just thought you guys would have had a big reaction to that given your usual reactions. I'm glad you posted doc I hadn't seen it either.

I don't think it would have helped either please don't misunderstand me. But I also think she had no reason to lie before where as now after being threatened she does so to me I think its more likely that she was truthful before than it is now. I also think her being intimidated helps the defense more than the prosecution. The public really should just stay out of trials. Watch and observe but not put themselves in it. KIWM?

I listened and again and Patti never specifically stated that she was threatened. She mentioned people posting her name, her address and a photo of her house and people saying terrible things about her family. I would certainly agree that that was intimidating, but it doesn't sound like anyone directly threatened her. I suppose it's a grey area where people don't get arrested.

BTW, she still stands by what she said before that Arias was a nice person when they were friends.

I don't think it would have helped either please don't misunderstand me. But I also think she had no reason to lie before where as now after being threatened she does so to me I think its more likely that she was truthful before than it is now. I also think her being intimidated helps the defense more than the prosecution. The public really should just stay out of trials. Watch and observe but not put themselves in it. KIWM?

She didn't say anything really bad about her now. She just said she thought the crime was horrible and essentially what I got from that was that she didn't want people blaming her for it, as she had no way of knowing what Arias would do later in life, post-Patti friendship days.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back