Jodi Arias Penalty

I haven't been watching any of it, but that strikes me as much worse. They have no choice but to show up for jury duty. Jurors who give interviews, after the trial, are doing that through their own free will.

Agree, SF....dont think it should be televised even the audio...I know its public info, but whenever anything is televised like that and they know it....it seems to me that some of their views might be altered slightly so as not to embarrass themselves or be more politically correct.

Plus, what you said the personal views that get outed....its almost like some of the jurors are on trial sometimes...lol.

Like TW said...they have no choice at this point. After the trial they do and thats different.

and......just because they don't show their faces doesn't mean people won't recognize them. If someone is familiar with the potential juror, they'll recognize him/her by voice.

And that is a more dangerous proposition when someone is then selected to be on the jury.

I think it is incredibly unfair to have citizens sequestered. It is punishment for being a registered voter, a citizen, and being selected as a juror. I would go absolutely nuts and beg to be released. You can't go home, but the defendant can. You aren't trusted, but the defendant is. Totally crazy.

Last edited:
And I heard Patti on JVM and thought her "crying" was BS! Also, I never heard her say she isn't a druggie, just that she's never been arrested for drugs. Not that it necessarily matters. Just interesting. It seems she's changed her tune about supporting Arias once she got the message just how unpopular Arias was/is. Don't think Patti's testimony would have helped and might have hurt so just as well she bowed out.

Where is this?? Did I miss a link?

It was on HLN tonight. Here's a link for the video:

Friend of Arias: I was in fear for my life | HLNtv.com

Thanks Aye! I'm so lost.

On the Patty video at 2:25 she says "now that she wasn't convicted, I kind of fear my safety again". Does she mean not sentenced? She's just a confused person?

I didn't post the motion but I said this morning about how it could be continued till 2014 I was surprised no one had anything to say about that

OMG - under II RELEVANT LAW - there it is, the Nurmster saying Patty couldn't testify because of threats, having his motions for mistrial/getting off the defense denied and then pitching his fit and saying FINE! we're not calling any witnesses then! and taking his ball and going home. Now he's saying her rights were violated for that. He set that one up and now he wants a hearing (in part) on what HE did.

Does anyone know if Judge Sherry ruled on this yet or if she crumpled it in a little ball and set it on fire?

Poor Patti :( I feel bad for her really. Just heard her on Dr drew.

I heard on Dr Drew...have to admit...I was feeling sorry too. You know these threats on people are ridiculous...invading her facebook and stuff...she has a kid for Cs sakes. Leave these people alone.

Jodis going away for awhile and by the time she would get out even with parole I will be a few years from collecting social security...lol.

That extra 6 months they are asking for is ridiculous...they are just stalling her date with hell. That or they are admitting they are incompetent and unprepared.

The way I see it either way she is going to die in prison so why all the hoopla why is it so important that she die sooner rather than later. At this point it's all the same in my eyes.

I had to come back and tell you happy early fathers day Troy! I don't know if ill get a chance to be on much bc I have to work so much the next 3 days.

Thank you, AL...taking my dad to the Tigers Game for Fathers Day...one of us has to stop drinking before the 7th inning so we can get home...that will more than likely have to be me lol...:alcoholic:

Your bunny is cute...and hes a eater...he just likes to eat thats all...lol.

Lol. Hope you have fun and call a taxi...

Yeah he had his favorite treat today. Strawberries. And his name is Oreo. Uses a litter box and thinks he is just one of the cats. Lol
That is awesome how did you train him to use a litter box? My sisters cat uses the toilet I should have trained my youger one that way but it was too late for my older one so I figured what's the point.

I haven't been watching any of it, but that strikes me as much worse. They have no choice but to show up for jury duty. Jurors who give interviews, after the trial, are doing that through their own free will.

Agree, SF....dont think it should be televised even the audio...I know its public info, but whenever anything is televised like that and they know it....it seems to me that some of their views might be altered slightly so as not to embarrass themselves or be more politically correct.

Plus, what you said the personal views that get outed....its almost like some of the jurors are on trial sometimes...lol.

Like TW said...they have no choice at this point. After the trial they do and thats different.

and......just because they don't show their faces doesn't mean people won't recognize them. If someone is familiar with the potential juror, they'll recognize him/her by voice.
I agree with all of you. Especially given that we know where the jurors are from I'm sure not hard to identify them if you know them.

I think it is incredibly unfair to have citizens sequestered. It is punishment for being a registered voter, a citizen, and being selected as a juror. I would go absolutely nuts and beg to be released. You can't go home, but the defendant can. You aren't trusted, but the defendant is. Totally crazy.

I agree and disagree with this at the same time. I don't know what the solution is because anyway you look at it someones rights will be trampled. Either the jurors, the defendant or the free press.

Poor Patti :( I feel bad for her really. Just heard her on Dr drew.

I heard on Dr Drew...have to admit...I was feeling sorry too. You know these threats on people are ridiculous...invading her facebook and stuff...she has a kid for Cs sakes. Leave these people alone.

Jodis going away for awhile and by the time she would get out even with parole I will be a few years from collecting social security...lol.

That extra 6 months they are asking for is ridiculous...they are just stalling her date with hell. That or they are admitting they are incompetent and unprepared.

The way I see it either way she is going to die in prison so why all the hoopla why is it so important that she die sooner rather than later. At this point it's all the same in my eyes.

Good question, tink. I think the DP sentence is all about isolation vs general population liberties. I think the family wants death for obvious reasons, but I think they have just had it with her.

I mean I'm so irritated with her, I can barely look at her...I cant even imagine the disdain they must have for her.

Hey thanks for replying to me...I dont like it when you are mad at me...I can hardly get through the day:D:eusa_shifty:

Another LOL:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Wa0i3V6iB0#[/ame]!

I want to know more about this but I can't get past the first few lines of this because she irritates me so much. Automatically with the I don't believe that this could happen someone in the family knows. Kids get taken from their homes by strangers, it happens- I'm not saying that's what happened here I have no idea but that she just jumps there immediately irks me. I can't even get to the story because I get there and I'm like I can't.

On the Patty video at 2:25 she says "now that she wasn't convicted, I kind of fear my safety again". Does she mean not sentenced? She's just a confused person?

She probably misspoke. She's not very bright IMO

Thank you, AL...taking my dad to the Tigers Game for Fathers Day...one of us has to stop drinking before the 7th inning so we can get home...that will more than likely have to be me lol...:alcoholic:

Your bunny is cute...and hes a eater...he just likes to eat thats all...lol.

Lol. Hope you have fun and call a taxi...

Yeah he had his favorite treat today. Strawberries. And his name is Oreo. Uses a litter box and thinks he is just one of the cats. Lol
That is awesome how did you train him to use a litter box? My sisters cat uses the toilet I should have trained my youger one that way but it was too late for my older one so I figured what's the point.

OMG...I would die laughing if I saw that.

I want to know more about this but I can't get past the first few lines of this because she irritates me so much. Automatically with the I don't believe that this could happen someone in the family knows. Kids get taken from their homes by strangers, it happens- I'm not saying that's what happened here I have no idea but that she just jumps there immediately irks me. I can't even get to the story because I get there and I'm like I can't.

I did the same thing, after 2 or 3 NG Interrupting WAIT NOW! Interrupting NOW DON'T CONFUSE ME! Working on her angle to persecute someone and trying to sound smart, I got ill and had to stop reading. lol

Forum List

Back