Jodi Arias Penalty

ahhh.

I've been on the phone doing the work thing all day. What happened??

But today, Arias's attorneys are asking Judge Sherry Stephens to vacate the decision by the last jury that Alexander's murder was "especially cruel." Attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Wilmot argue that a jury is not qualified to make that ruling because of a lack of legal knowledge.

Under Arizona state law, the death penalty is only an option for murders that are found to have aggravating factors, including cruelty. Nurmi and Wilmot hope to convince Stephens to vacate the jury's cruelty finding and make the decision about aggravating factors herself, giving Arias another chance at avoiding the death penalty.

Stephens will hear arguments on the motion at 1:30 p.m. EST.

Jodi Arias Returns to Court in Effort to Avoid Death Penalty - ABC News

Thanks!

Sorry JoJo - that's what an aggravation phase is for and Judge Sherry wouldn't be the place to go looking for leniency after that fiasco.

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/sites/all/docs/Criminal/ccc/section2.PDF

Stick a needle in her already or move her out of the sorority house into her new 6 foot Perryville home. She's just buying more time for "country music" with the sisters.

Jodi Arias ‏@Jodiannarias 13 Jul
A girl recently turned me on... to country music. I used to dislike it but not anymore.

thanks. i still hope she gets a suspended sentence.

She cannot get a suspended sentence.

She's convicted of M1.

The best she can get is LWOP at Perryville in a 6 foot box.

Or the death penalty.

Those are the options she created for herself when she slaughtered Travis.

How did Zimmerman enter the Jodi psycho thread?

Completely, completely different sides of the moon.

It's racebaiting, that's how someone tried to put Z in with Arias. Fortunately, the 2 cases are nowhere near alike.

No it's not, it's a part of the problem with the Justice System.

It's not the same for everyone.

That poster reflects an innate sympathy that pretty women, especially white blondes get.

And if one set of people can get innate and automatic sympathy from the general culture, the same can be said for another set of people who can be on the opposite end of that sympathy.

You may not like it, but it's true.

Wut the f white blondes? Are you talking about Jodi Arias? She's convicted of M1. How is that sympathetic also, she's not blonde.

Maybe you should ask "that poster" about her where her sympathy comes from.

There aren't many supporters and usually with JoJo sympathizers it's misplaced DV sympathy. Not "white blondes" whatever that means.

I am completely not picking up any point you were trying to make with that post. You're trying to make a point where there is no point to be made.

Forum List

Back