Jodi Arias Penalty

Did some of you people know, Travis? I just wonder because I've noticed how some people talk about him as if he was their best buddy. Travis this and Travis that.

I'm not attached to him at all, in fact he's the good-looking, charismatic kind of guy I can imagine doing all kinds of abusive crap to women. Not that being good-looking automatically makes you a bad guy, but I don't know...just the fact that he got so involved with her, helping her convert to Mormonism so they could live happily ever after and then dumping he like yesterday's news.

Do, did y'all know him, is that why you like him so much? Just what makes you think he's such a saint? I'm curious. I very likely missed something because I haven't followed this trial all that closely.

I can certainly see why he would be immensely charming, being so good-looking and a motivational speaker and all. Probably capable of turning the ladies' hearts to mush, I would imagine.

I did not know Travis personally. I wish I could have known him. But I wanted to address the Mormon statement. Travis did not convert Jodi, Jodi converted to Travis and his religion. Remember she joined the church BEFORE they dated, she was trying to be what she thought he wanted or needed. Travis did not toss her out, he was ducking for cover from a stalking liar. His ONLY mistake was continuing the sexual relationship. But he was a guy, as Jodi was a non abused woman going back for more time and time again.
Not one person could confirm any of Jodi's claims, not even his most recent girl friends. His character weighs so much more than hers, she was a fake, a liar, thief, and murderer. But this was just my opinion based on the facts of this case.:eusa_angel:

Ummmm she didn't convert before they dated he was the one that baptized her. And the fact that he was a guy is really not a reason for anything. No she shouldn't have killed him but it was both of their responsibilities to continue or discontinue the sexual relationship. Contrary to what you may believe men like women are able to say no.

Who said Travis was a saint? I mean surely if you come into a thread and accuse of such, there would be some reason, right? Whoever accused should supply a link to whoever called him a saint.

Otherwise you just look like a jodi sympathizer. Travis made some mistakes for sure....his biggest mistake was letting this wench in his life at all.

Right now its about justice for Travis and the family....Even though travis made mistakes, he was a law abiding citizen....his life was taken by someone who is anything but.

Maybe this accuser shouldnt take what Jodi says so seriously...you would think that after all of these months we would all learned at least that much.

Did some of you people know, Travis? I just wonder because I've noticed how some people talk about him as if he was their best buddy. Travis this and Travis that.

I'm not attached to him at all, in fact he's the good-looking, charismatic kind of guy I can imagine doing all kinds of abusive crap to women. Not that being good-looking automatically makes you a bad guy, but I don't know...just the fact that he got so involved with her, helping her convert to Mormonism so they could live happily ever after and then dumping he like yesterday's news.

Do, did y'all know him, is that why you like him so much? Just what makes you think he's such a saint? I'm curious. I very likely missed something because I haven't followed this trial all that closely.

I can certainly see why he would be immensely charming, being so good-looking and a motivational speaker and all. Probably capable of turning the ladies' hearts to mush, I would imagine.
I don't get were you are saying that we love Travis and we think he is a saint. No one from this group has ever said such a thing. If you would like to know what people think just ask. It is quite offensive to be accused of something because of a persons assumptions.

First of all, I'm speaking in generalities, not accusing any particular individual of anything.

And secondly, I DID ask. That's what my post was all about...asking about what I've perceived. Did I miss something? Because I've seriously noticed that people (not just here) talk about him like he was such a great guy. Was he? If so, how do people know he was a great guy?

For example, when I ask, "Just what makes you think he's such a saint," a NONDEFENSIVE answer would be something like:

"Oh, I don't think he's a saint. Nothing like that. In fact, he may have led her on a bit. But he didn't deserve to die and she deserves to be punished for killing him.'

I don't think that the Alexanders have to approach Jodi Arias with fairness in their hearts and minds. She did damage. That was the point I was trying to make. It's apples to oranges. Neither are perfect people. There are no perfect people, but it makes no sense to compare the way they are behaving to what Arias is doing. They didn't kill her brother. KWIM?

I have a question for you exmo's I think DrSteve said he was one, and viv married to one right?

I have read that Mormons do not believe in hell in the traditional christian sense with a devil and all that but rather they have something called outer darkness that is just not as good as the other levels of after life. Is this correct?
I only ask because NG said that Jodi saying she didn't believe in hell or the devil was inconsistent with her claim to be mormon and I thought it may actually be more consistent... help me out please?

Dog's and cats are often the best of friends, especially if the cat introduced is a kitten. That being said I have no idea about any cat that stays a kitten lol

That's true! They don't have to be kittens to bond with dogs though. I had a Persian for 2 years before I got my teacup poodle, then 2 years later, I got my beagle. Believe it or not, the beagle is more attached to Sunny (kitty) than my poodle is. My poodle is jealous of him - she thinks he's going to steal her food, take her spot on the couch, etc. Polly, my beagle, "protects" him from my poodle.

Were your dogs marking their territory in the house?...thats what Im afraid of.

No, they don't. Unless you consider sleeping in my bed, kicking me off the couch, etc. LOL

I am not disparaging them....just keeping it real. They'v suffered a horrible loss and have right to seek justice for their brother. I'm just not one to fawn over ordinary people and anoint them for sainthood like I've seen some do!

Who is fawning? I am considering how I would feel in their position. And I'm pretty certain that I would hate her for what she did to my brother in killing him, in destroying his memory, and then treating the family with disregard.

I said I wasn't fawning, like I have seen many do (all over the extreme internet sites, etc as was being discussed) Not sure why you are taking things so personally and being defensive? (at least how it reads!)

As I already said, they of course have every right to want and seek justice for their brother! Hate is not something I do..and I truly can not imagine how would feel or react if I had to walk in the shoes of either family! But I know myself well enough to know I would leave no stone unturned to find justice for anyone in my family that was brutalized as he was.

But that doesn't mean they (or I) if it were me should get a "pass" oor not be accountable for whatever choices made.

I find it interesting, that some folks are demonized and trashed while others are seemingly canonized for no other reason or individual merit, than the side of the court room they sat on!

I don't get were you are saying that we love Travis and we think he is a saint. No one from this group has ever said such a thing. If you would like to know what people think just ask. It is quite offensive to be accused of something because of a persons assumptions.

First of all, I'm speaking in generalities, not accusing any particular individual of anything.

And secondly, I DID ask. That's what my post was all about...asking about what I've perceived. Did I miss something? Because I've seriously noticed that people (not just here) talk about him like he was such a great guy. Was he? If so, how do people know he was a great guy?

For example, when I ask, "Just what makes you think he's such a saint," a NONDEFENSIVE answer would be something like:

"Oh, I don't think he's a saint. Nothing like that. In fact, he may have led her on a bit. But he didn't deserve to die and she deserves to be punished for killing him.'

Oh please, that's crap, asking what makes everyone think he's a saint means you've already made a judgement.

Last edited:
Not an Ex-MO but here's the layout a-la LDS

eternalprogression.gif

Here is the thing. The way you post came across to all the originals from this group is that it was saying that we were making these statements. Maybe we should step back and start all over.

Hi my name is Feisty. Yes I think Jodi is guilty. I feel it is the juries job to make the call on what term jodi should get. Now on Travis no he was not a saint he did break many rules with in his church. I don't feel Jodi was right in murdering Travis.

Oh I thought you had said you were Dr steve. Thanks for the chart not sure I understand though.

Life is all about choices. We all decide the path we want to take in life. It does not matter what or who you are christian non christian black white yellow pink brown tan blue green purple. Every has their beliefs. I don't think it matters at all. Who has the right to judge anyone for who and what they are?

If you are a Christian, there are certain teachings you're supposed to live by. That's pretty common knowledge, is it not? When you tout yourself as a Christian and then just toss those teachings aside, you're a hypocrite. And while it is your "right" to do that, other people also have the right to notice it, point it out, and criticize you for it.

Especially on a forum like this. And from what I've noticed just recently, some members of your gang have no compunction about getting "judgmental" if someone contradicts them or calls them out.

A good Christian would be praying for this woman's everlasting soul, not screaming for her death.

I guess it's a case of you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I just take issue with people who claim to be Christians and in no way resemble what a Christian should be like according to the teachings of Christ.

There's good people and bad people regardless of where you are. No country, religion, sect, race, etc is without good and bad. It's the way the world is and always has been. Just because someone says they are a Christian does not mean they eat, sleep, and breathe a certain way no more than someone that believes Scientology does. Just as there are different degrees of intelligence, there are different degrees to religion is peoples' lives. No one person on this planet is perfect. I don't know anyone that would want to be.

I am not disparaging them....just keeping it real. They'v suffered a horrible loss and have right to seek justice for their brother. I'm just not one to fawn over ordinary people and anoint them for sainthood like I've seen some do!

Who is fawning? I am considering how I would feel in their position. And I'm pretty certain that I would hate her for what she did to my brother in killing him, in destroying his memory, and then treating the family with disregard.

I said I wasn't fawning, like I have seen many do (all over the extreme internet sites, etc as was being discussed) Not sure why you are taking things so personally and being defensive? (at least how it reads!)

As I already said, they of course have every right to want and seek justice for their brother! Hate is not something I do..and I truly can not imagine how would feel or react if I had to walk in the shoes of either family! But I know myself well enough to know I would leave no stone unturned to find justice for anyone in my family that was brutalized as he was.

But that doesn't mean they (or I) if it were me should get a "pass" oor not be accountable for whatever choices made.

I find it interesting, that some folks are demonized and trashed while others are seemingly canonized for no other reason or individual merit, than the side of the court room they sat on!

Sorry Viv, I think something else set me off, I didn't intend to be rude. I have no love for the family, I don't know them, I have no love for their brother, I didn't know him.
I simply feel that comparing what a murderer does, that is crappy, to victims of that murderer who may do something crappy are different things to an extent. It doesn't make something that they do wrong a right. It is simply more understandable under the circumstances. I've said the same for Arias's family. Arias is a murderer, she should shut up, she's done more than her share of damage and wrong.

I think you got everyone hackles up bringing up religion and calling them hypocrits. We try to stay off the religion topic in here there are other threads for that. But that's why everyone was defensive I think (I can't speak for them)
Anyway, I don't think TA was a saint, but he didn't deserve to die that way. I'm not a proponent for death anyway. Everyone take a deep breath and lets start over lol

I have a question for you exmo's I think DrSteve said he was one, and viv married to one right?

I have read that Mormons do not believe in hell in the traditional christian sense with a devil and all that but rather they have something called outer darkness that is just not as good as the other levels of after life. Is this correct?
I only ask because NG said that Jodi saying she didn't believe in hell or the devil was inconsistent with her claim to be mormon and I thought it may actually be more consistent... help me out please?

The way I understand it, they don't believe in hell, as in eternal damnation as some Christian do....yes on the outer darkness----that being the lowest layer of their "hell", like there's several layers (or steps) of heaven. A murderer would be cast into the outer darkness, lowest level, hve the deepest condemnation and hardest road to earn any redemption. But redemption is always possible

Last edited:
Thanks Viv that's what I thought so she's not really contradicting the religion in her interview like Nancy says. no shock that's NG lies or doesn't understand the Mormon religion. Actually I'll assume she's not lying this time a lot of people just don't know all the stuff. Like they get their own planets too lol

You obviously haven't been reading much of what we've said. I don't recall anyone on this thread saying he was ever a saint. I know he's used her as much as she's used him. Others here have said the same.

I did not know Travis personally. I wish I could have known him. But I wanted to address the Mormon statement. Travis did not convert Jodi, Jodi converted to Travis and his religion. Remember she joined the church BEFORE they dated, she was trying to be what she thought he wanted or needed. Travis did not toss her out, he was ducking for cover from a stalking liar. His ONLY mistake was continuing the sexual relationship. But he was a guy, as Jodi was a non abused woman going back for more time and time again.
Not one person could confirm any of Jodi's claims, not even his most recent girl friends. His character weighs so much more than hers, she was a fake, a liar, thief, and murderer. But this was just my opinion based on the facts of this case.:eusa_angel:

Ummmm she didn't convert before they dated he was the one that baptized her. And the fact that he was a guy is really not a reason for anything. No she shouldn't have killed him but it was both of their responsibilities to continue or discontinue the sexual relationship. Contrary to what you may believe men like women are able to say no.

Ummm yes! She was baptized in November 06 they dated Feb 07.i meant Travis was an average man, they don't refuse unattached sex! Yes and at no point did Jodi say NO.

Forum List

Back