Joe Biden is reportedly 'planning first major tax hike in almost 30 years'

Get rid of every other tax and just pay a flat-tax at the register.

Lets divide all government spending equally, every man and woman pays the same equal share of the spending. THAT will get the damn spending under control in short order. No more freeloaders.
You’ve never handled operations at any kind of significant scale before have you?
You misinterpreted the post.
The issue is that every tax payer should pay an equal share, regardless of income.
That would get the lowest paid people to stop wanting more projects by government.
I don't like that idea. The value of a dollar is far greater to a poor person than it is to a rich person. Because of that I think rich people should pay a higher percentage than poor people. It is better for our economy for money to cycle from the top to the bottom as much as possible. It is too easy for the wealthy to suck up all the wealth in this country which ultimately destroys the middle class
Define rich.
I see lots of poor people people being employed by rich people to build malls, stores and homes.
Yes that is true rich people do employ poor people. For argument sake I’d say $400k + a year is a line to separate the classes
Which is why there are loopholes since different people invest &/or spend their money is different ways.
For instance, let's destroy the Travel Industry because people who make 400K can afford a vacation that someone making 20K can't.
The result is that the uppity vacation spots and services will go under.
Who wants to destroy the travel industry and how?
You've got to be joking?
How does on measure the impact of a tax hike before it becomes reality?
We have no idea the impact of someone earning 400K/years having to lay out x more dollars as taxes.
One or more industries will pay the price and/or credit card interest rates will rise and when people default on their credit, the interest rates will rise even more.
I hate to bring up race, but if you're Black you can reconcile your debt once a year as my co-workers have done over the last 10 years time and again.
What does that have to do with people trying to destroy the vacation industry? Which is nobodies intent BTW. You are trying to connect way too many dots.
More of your tunnel vision bullshit.
It is not the intention of a victim of dementia to destroy an industry; it is a consequence of not considering the ripple effects of a economic policy.
I am grateful to God that you are not in charge of the economy.
You’re seeing way more ripples than there actually are. Anger and paranoia will do that to ya
I graduated in 1981 and went straight to Wall Street; I know what happens.
I’m sure you think you do. So what part of the travel industry is about to be destroyed by this tax proposal? Give a forecast

Still ... no conserative plan to pay off the national debt? ...

There's no need to pay off the debt.

Most of the debt is held by Americans therefore most of the interest paid on the debt goes right back into the American economy.

Lets divide all government spending equally, every man and woman pays the same equal share of the spending. THAT will get the damn spending under control in short order. No more freeloaders.
You’ve never handled operations at any kind of significant scale before have you?
The issue is that every tax payer should pay an equal share, regardless of income.
That would get the lowest paid people to stop wanting more projects by government.
I don't like that idea. The value of a dollar is far greater to a poor person than it is to a rich person. Because of that I think rich people should pay a higher percentage than poor people. It is better for our economy for money to cycle from the top to the bottom as much as possible. It is too easy for the wealthy to suck up all the wealth in this country which ultimately destroys the middle class
Define rich.
I see lots of poor people people being employed by rich people to build malls, stores and homes.
Yes that is true rich people do employ poor people. For argument sake I’d say $400k + a year is a line to separate the classes
Which is why there are loopholes since different people invest &/or spend their money is different ways.
For instance, let's destroy the Travel Industry because people who make 400K can afford a vacation that someone making 20K can't.
You've got to be joking?
We have no idea the impact of someone earning 400K/years having to lay out x more dollars as taxes.
One or more industries will pay the price and/or credit card interest rates will rise and when people default on their credit, the interest rates will rise even more.
I hate to bring up race, but if you're Black you can reconcile your debt once a year as my co-workers have done over the last 10 years time and again.
What does that have to do with people trying to destroy the vacation industry? Which is nobodies intent BTW. You are trying to connect way too many dots.
It is not the intention of a victim of dementia to destroy an industry; it is a consequence of not considering the ripple effects of a economic policy.
You’re seeing way more ripples than there actually are. Anger and paranoia will do that to ya
I’m sure you think you do. So what part of the travel industry is about to be destroyed by this tax proposal? Give a forecast
I’m sure you travel a lot so you tell me.
Since you’re so flippant concerning this issue, let’s flip your request the other way...
Predict for me that not one sector depending on this population of 400K+ will be affected.

Still ... no conserative plan to pay off the national debt? ...

No there isn't. Even if they did have a plan, the left would stop them no matter what.

The problem is most people don't worry about debt. It doesn't change their life one bit. That's why we need a national consumption tax, say 10 cents on the dollar. It will be earmarked exclusively to the debt. If the debt increases, so does the consumption tax.

If we did things that way, you'd see how fast people would protest things like this last Pork bill.

Biden's enormous tax hike hasn't even been announced yet but this thread is infested with leftists who
seem to know somehow that only rich people will be effected.
As if they will simply take this big hit without passing it down to those below them.
It's a trickle down tax raise. All taxes are. You can tax a business and the hit is simply passed on to
customers.

How do you like Quid Pro Joe now?

Biden's enormous tax hike hasn't even been announced yet but this thread is infested with leftists who
As if they will simply take this big hit without passing it down to those below them.
It's a trickle down tax raise. All taxes are. You can tax a business and the hit is simply passed on to
customers.

There will a “welfare” increase coming down the road.

When I said unlikely....Unlikely you will see a tax increase. Few working class Americans are seeing any benefit from the tax cuts which expired long ago. The well-off still enjoy their tax cuts and the $8T in new debt that they added.

I remember when DumBama made the same promise: No American making less than 400K will see a new tax of any kind. Nobody! As soon as he got into the White House, took a dramatic tax increase on cigarettes.

What people don't understand, especially on the left, is that the rich guy never pays. We little people pay all those taxes in the end. We on the right figured that out long ago. The Democrats still haven't caught on yet.

customers.

This all started with a report from Bloomberg. The problem with the report is that all their sources are anonymous. I always take pause with articles written using anonymous sources.

Yeah, on those making $400K or more per year. As he promised in his campaign.
Corporations pass taxes onto the consumer. It's a cost of doing business. You think the only people making over $400,000 buy stuff?

Veggie Joe is raising taxes on everyone 7% with this plan.

Only stupid Democrats think it is better to take your money that you would spend in a productive economy and give it away to Illegals and to pay bloated government worker pensions Chicago that was promised by the Democrats.

That is just the type of shitheads that they are.

Yeah, on those making $400K or more per year. As he promised in his campaign.
He will repeal the Trump tax cuts, which will reduce the take home pay of working middle class Americans such as myself....

Dem's lie. At least they are consistent.

Unlikely.
>Unlikely. [Biden will repeal the Trump tax cuts.]

Did Biden pledge to undue the Trump tax cuts?

Verdict: True.

Details on what he promised to do to continue to destroy US comptetiveness and send more jobs to China like he did as Obama's VP:

You know darn well he is going to raise taxes on people. The Green energy initiatives he proposed will not do squat to address theorized anthropogenic global warming, but it will increase energy prices and thus, the cost of everything. Taxes are a typically a percentage of price (not true of gas at the pump which is per gallon), so these taxes will increase proportionally.
When I said unlikely....Unlikely you will see a tax increase. Few working class Americans are seeing any benefit from the tax cuts which expired long ago. The well-off still enjoy their tax cuts and the $8T in new debt that they added.
> When I said unlikely....Unlikely you will see a tax increase. Few working class Americans are seeing any benefit from the tax cuts which expired long ago. The well-off still enjoy their tax cuts and the $8T in new debt that they added.

I understand your point, but you are incorrect.

You apparently don't work, or you are rich and live in a Democrat-controlled area, LOL. If you did work, you would have seen an increase in your paycheck due to lower tax rates, like almost everyone did.

My annual federal income tax burden decreased by well over $1000.

Everyone who pays federal income taxes benefited, except rich people living in Democrat states with high local and state income taxes, the deduction for which was capped by Trump.

TAX-rates-eg.jpg
Can you post the deductions taken away by the former presidents tax give away?
I could, but they generally really only affected rich people who you don't like and wish would pay more taxes. There are some minor exceptions like moving expenses and some other esoteric stuff that generally only affects the wealthy like large charitable donations.

Lower income working Americans all got a significant tax cut. Their standard deduction doubled.

Like candycorn, You don't pay federal income taxes either, but want' others pay more?
Why no mention of the roll back of personnel income taxes starting this year, but corporate rates are permanent. Also, took away deductions for state and local taxes...
>Also, took away deductions for state and local taxes...

I mentioned it above. It only affects richer people, primarily in high-tax Dem states & cities.

Trump raised the standard deduction to $24,000. You've got to be pretty rich to exceed that with your state and local taxes. Aw, the poor rich Dems will have to pay more. How ironic. :)

Define rich.
You've got to be joking?
Since you’re so flippant concerning this issue, let’s flip your request the other way...
Predict for me that not one sector depending on this population of 400K+ will be affected.
I’m sure the hedge funds are going to lose a point and I feel horrible for them. Maybe we can start a go fund me page for them. People who make $400k or more a year are doing whatever the fuck they want I’m sure they appreciate your concern for them though

Define rich.
You've got to be joking?
I’m sure the hedge funds are going to lose a point and I feel horrible for them. Maybe we can start a go fund me page for them. People who make $400k or more a year are doing whatever the fuck they want I’m sure they appreciate your concern for them though
Most send their kids to private schools and have advanced science degrees and hire blue collar workers.

Define rich.
You've got to be joking?
Most send their kids to private schools and have advanced science degrees and hire blue collar workers.
That’s wonderful. I’m sure they will continue on with all that stuff

Forum List

Back