John Boehner is dead wrong.

Companies hire employees because the employees make them money. Start from there and figure business out!

That explains why all those hotels in LA hired new workers after the minimum wage went up.

Why is business such a big mystery to conservatives? Consider this simple fact to start with! Capitalism has been around for a very long time and fortunes have been massed. Some people have so much money it's a full time job for many people trying to find good investments or business opportunities. People who have accumulated fortunes in wealth aren't living hand to mouth, so the income of a year isn't critical for their existence, but they are conscious that their goal is to accumulate more wealth and not have their wealth lose it's value. When demand creates a good business opportunity, it isn't a problem finding capital to invest in it, when the opportunity of gaining money in volume presents itself. Obviously these are human endeavors and one human being only has a certain capacity. The way to make large amounts of money is to have human beings working for you, so you can gain money off of their work. A person's or company's capital only qualifies them to take advantage of a presented business opportunity and it isn't their capital that is determining the success of a business. It's the hard work of the workers that determines it.

Let's say you have two companies competing for the same business opportunity and they both pay the same starting wages. Let's say Company A stresses values like a team effort and reminds their workers how appreciated they are, while Company B constantly reminds their workers how lucky they are to have the job they have created for them and treats their workers like shit. Let's say Company A allows advancement or pay increases to be fairly distributed, while Company B suppresses wages on the masses, while rewarding an elite few. In the long run, Company A is going to be successful and Company B is going to have a lot of problems. Employees in Company B who have mastered skills and who aren't properly rewarded are going to get tired of being treated like shit, working for a fucked up company and take those skills elsewhere at the first opportunity. A few may grind it out hoping someday to be rewarded and become an elite, but most are going to say fuck it and jump ship at the sight of the nearest port.

It isn't hard to figure out which company was a Democrat and which was a Republican. Both started with the same capital requirements to qualify for a business opportunity, but it wasn't necessary for Company B to remind the "have nots" every minute of their lives, that's what they are, just to make their lives miserable.

I love it, an idiot that thinks demand creates business.

I can guarantee you that, if someone built a flying car, the entire world would beat a path to his door. The demand for flying cars has never been higher, yet there are no flying cars. Could that be because, despite the demand, there is no supply?

I think life is a little more complicated than you think it is.

That explains why all those hotels in LA hired new workers after the minimum wage went up.

Why is business such a big mystery to conservatives? Consider this simple fact to start with! Capitalism has been around for a very long time and fortunes have been massed. Some people have so much money it's a full time job for many people trying to find good investments or business opportunities. People who have accumulated fortunes in wealth aren't living hand to mouth, so the income of a year isn't critical for their existence, but they are conscious that their goal is to accumulate more wealth and not have their wealth lose it's value. When demand creates a good business opportunity, it isn't a problem finding capital to invest in it, when the opportunity of gaining money in volume presents itself. Obviously these are human endeavors and one human being only has a certain capacity. The way to make large amounts of money is to have human beings working for you, so you can gain money off of their work. A person's or company's capital only qualifies them to take advantage of a presented business opportunity and it isn't their capital that is determining the success of a business. It's the hard work of the workers that determines it.

Let's say you have two companies competing for the same business opportunity and they both pay the same starting wages. Let's say Company A stresses values like a team effort and reminds their workers how appreciated they are, while Company B constantly reminds their workers how lucky they are to have the job they have created for them and treats their workers like shit. Let's say Company A allows advancement or pay increases to be fairly distributed, while Company B suppresses wages on the masses, while rewarding an elite few. In the long run, Company A is going to be successful and Company B is going to have a lot of problems. Employees in Company B who have mastered skills and who aren't properly rewarded are going to get tired of being treated like shit, working for a fucked up company and take those skills elsewhere at the first opportunity. A few may grind it out hoping someday to be rewarded and become an elite, but most are going to say fuck it and jump ship at the sight of the nearest port.

It isn't hard to figure out which company was a Democrat and which was a Republican. Both started with the same capital requirements to qualify for a business opportunity, but it wasn't necessary for Company B to remind the "have nots" every minute of their lives, that's what they are, just to make their lives miserable.

I can guarantee you that, if someone built a flying car, the entire world would beat a path to his door. The demand for flying cars has never been higher, yet there are no flying cars. Could that be because, despite the demand, there is no supply?

You obviously don't know the economic meaning of demand and confuse it with desire. The things exist in the economic meaning of demand, fool!

You obviously don't know the economic meaning of demand and confuse it with desire. The things exist in the economic meaning of demand, fool!

Tha was funny. Economics defines demand as a principle that describes a consumer’s desire and willingness to pay a price for a specific good or service. Strange how the self declared expert in economics thinks demand is not desire when it is, and how he ignores the concept of supply, and then pretends that all that counts is demand.

Tha was funny. Economics defines demand as a principle that describes a consumer’s desire and willingness to pay a price for a specific good or service. Strange how the self declared expert in economics thinks demand is not desire when it is, and how he ignores the concept of supply, and then pretends that all that counts is demand.

You're a retard, Windbag!

In economics, demand is an economic principle that describes a consumer's desire, willingness and ability to pay a price for a specific good or service. Demand refers to how much (quantity) of a product or service is desired by buyers. The quantity demanded is the amount of a product people are willing to buy at a certain price; the relationship between price and quantity demanded is known as the demand relationship.[1] (see also supply and demand). The term demand signifies the ability or the willingness to buy a particular commodity at a given point of time.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand_(economics)

How do you consume something that doesn't exist, fool?

John Boehner was right when he said he got 98% of everything he wanted and that made him happy. He was wrong when he denied saying that.

You're a retard, Windbag!

In economics, demand is an economic principle that describes a consumer's desire, willingness and ability to pay a price for a specific good or service. Demand refers to how much (quantity) of a product or service is desired by buyers. The quantity demanded is the amount of a product people are willing to buy at a certain price; the relationship between price and quantity demanded is known as the demand relationship.[1] (see also supply and demand). The term demand signifies the ability or the willingness to buy a particular commodity at a given point of time.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand_(economics)

How do you consume something that doesn't exist, fool?

Are you telling me people are not willing to pay for a flying car? Yet, despsite this, I see no flying cars anywhere.

He claimed that Cash for Clunkers was good for the auto industry, I scoffed. How does that give him the power to demand I provide a link instead of him defending his claim?

Nope. I gave you my opinion, nothing more. You came back with "all the experts have repeatedly said otherwise", and I asked you for a link. Just one expert out of 'all' will do nicely.

Thanks!

What was your opinion based on, hot air?

Among other things... What's yours?

The revenue discussion can not be considered "closed" until the US Tax Code is considered fair and simple by a majority of taxpayers.

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker John Boehner says the debate over increased revenue "is now closed."

Boehner: Revenue debate is 'closed' - Tallahassee News | ABC 27 WTXL: News: john boehner, president obama, revenue debate, fbi, taxes

Uh huh.

so, in other words we want to raise taxes, again, this time via closing loopholes and scrubbing deductions/tax reform etc.?

Ok, then why didn't Obama do that last time? he could have gotten more than just the rate increases via loopholes deduction tax reform last time, but he insisted on the rate change...........in other words NOW we need tax reform...........a month and half later:eusa_eh:

can you square that circle for me please?

I have NEVER said "raise taxes". Fair and simple is what I advocate. If a Monkeys taxes go up when fair and simple takes over from complicated favoritism, so be it - obviously THAT Monkeys taxes were unfairly low to start with. I was an advocate for simplification when I voted for GWB and I haven't changed my mind. Yes, even if my own bill will increase in the short term as a result.

I think we look stupid paying what we pay to support Monkey Business like H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt, Liberty Tax, etc. Billions per year spent on doing the fucking paperwork required to earn a living in America!

Monkeys lookin' stupid from space.

:lmao:

Why else would a capitalist invest in widgets? They look pretty on a shelf? :dunno:

Forum List

Back