John Kerry: We could have shot the jet down.

Should the Russian jet been shot down prior to reaching our ship?

• Hell yeah!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I say hell yeah, this was pure Russian aggression. Putin is just laughing at us and our spineless wuss of a President. This isn't the endless games our militaries play, he crossed the line. And he did it on purpose to embarrass us. And it worked, our spineless President again showed what he is. No wonder the world doesn't take us seriously

A few days ago, the President didn’t get blame/credit for the military actions. You should pick a position and stick with it little boy.

Explain:

Policy: Obama authorized the operation to get bin Laden, he didn't find or get bin Laden.

Baltic: Obama approved the ROEs that lead to our response in the Baltic, he didn't actually fly a plane or engage the Russians.

I didn't criticize O for bin Laden, just said he doesn't get credit for getting him, the military did the work. Sure, he approved it. Just like he approved the ROEs in the Baltic. You're seeing a different positions in those ... where ... sweet girl?

He does something, he gets no credit.
He doesn’t do something, he gets full blame and is called “spineless”.

Shooting down the Jet would have done what exactly…. Nothing. Can you at least admit that? Of course you can’t.

It would have stopped them from continuing to do it. And Obama is always spineless, you're full of shit

I say hell yeah, this was pure Russian aggression. Putin is just laughing at us and our spineless wuss of a President. This isn't the endless games our militaries play, he crossed the line. And he did it on purpose to embarrass us. And it worked, our spineless President again showed what he is. No wonder the world doesn't take us seriously

A few days ago, the President didn’t get blame/credit for the military actions. You should pick a position and stick with it little boy.

Explain:

Policy: Obama authorized the operation to get bin Laden, he didn't find or get bin Laden.

Baltic: Obama approved the ROEs that lead to our response in the Baltic, he didn't actually fly a plane or engage the Russians.

I didn't criticize O for bin Laden, just said he doesn't get credit for getting him, the military did the work. Sure, he approved it. Just like he approved the ROEs in the Baltic. You're seeing a different positions in those ... where ... sweet girl?

Shooting down the Jet would have done what exactly…. Nothing. Can you at least admit that? Of course you can’t.
It would have brought down two Russian planes. On top of that, it would have made it very clear to the entire world that the U.S. will not be intimidated and is not to be messed with.

Turkey did it. They shot down a Russian plane. Do you know what Putin did in response? Absolutely nothing. Wet himself like a little girl and then stayed the hell away from Turkey from that point on. That's how you handle people like Putin.

I doubt war with Turkey is in Putin’s grand scheme. I’m not sure I can say the same about a confrontation with the US.

WTF? Yeah, Putin wants to die? It's not like he's a power hungry tyrant who thinks he has to live to continue to have power. You're just demonstrating the deep cowardice in the left that keeps getting us into wars. He wants to show how weak our leadership is. It's working ...

Explain:

It would have brought down two Russian planes. On top of that, it would have made it very clear to the entire world that the U.S. will not be intimidated and is not to be messed with.

Turkey did it. They shot down a Russian plane. Do you know what Putin did in response? Absolutely nothing. Wet himself like a little girl and then stayed the hell away from Turkey from that point on. That's how you handle people like Putin.

I doubt war with Turkey is in Putin’s grand scheme. I’m not sure I can say the same about a confrontation with the US.
Well that makes even less sense then. If Putin's "grand scheme" is to go to war with us, we sure as hell better shoot down his jets when they aggressively engage our naval fleet. Or else we're simply sending the message that he's welcome to start the campaign for his grand scheme.

Incidentally - if Putin is afraid of Turkey (which he clearly was since there was no response on his part after Turkey shot down his jets), I can assure you that he'll want no part of the U.S. once we prove to him that we will not back down.

Explain:

Well that makes even less sense then. If Putin's "grand scheme" is to go to war with us, we sure as hell better shoot down his jets when they aggressively engage our naval fleet. Or else we're simply sending the message that he's welcome to start the campaign for his grand scheme.

Incidentally - if Putin is afraid of Turkey (which he clearly was since there was no response on his part after Turkey shot down his jets), I can assure you that he'll want no part of the U.S. once we prove to him that we will not back down.

It's amazing, isn't it? They keep making runs at us and the lefties keep going, OMG, we can't respond, that would be WWIII!!!!! Yeah, Putin wants to die, he's just trying to force us into one slip so he can use that to destroy the world. Weakness begets ... what's happening ...

Explain:

It's amazing, isn't it? They keep making runs at us and the lefties keep going, OMG, we can't respond, that would be WWIII!!!!! Yeah, Putin wants to die, he's just trying to force us into one slip so he can use that to destroy the world. Weakness begets ... what's happening ...

Whats happening? Very funny.

They are screwing around flying planes near ours. Oooh…we’re scared. Actually; just you are.

What is it with conservatives? You guys never seem really happy but when American soldiers, sailors, and airmen are not dying for any reason whatsoever, you guys seem down right depressed.

Seek help.

They are screwing around flying planes near ours. Oooh…we’re scared. Actually; just you are.

What is it with conservatives? You guys never seem really happy but when American soldiers, sailors, and airmen are not dying for any reason whatsoever, you guys seem down right depressed.

Seek help.

Well, unlike you Republicans we aren't consumed with fear that OMG, Putin is stepping on our toes, we better not respond or he'll get mad. You right wingers are just a bunch of nutters

Seek help.

Well, unlike you Republicans we aren't consumed with fear that OMG, Putin is stepping on our toes, we better not respond or he'll get mad. You right wingers are just a bunch of nutters

I’m a republican? Really, seek help at once.

Seek help.

I’m a republican? Really, seek help at once.

I'm a republican? Really, seek help at once. You really didn't get that, did you, dim wit?

You got a source that knows what year this is? Also, you started with "wrong" then didn't contradict anything I said ...
I contradicted everything you said, but you can't accept your own ignorance. This jet was testing sophisticated Russian jamming equipment, and the only shot that the U.S. could have taken at it was the one that the sailor made with his phone cam, as the Aegis radar system that tells the ship where it is in relation to all other things was USELESS AS THE JET HAD SCRAMBLED IT'S BRAINS.

This was a test, and RUSSIA WON......... aegis radar jammed - Google Search

There ya go little kiddie.................... The Russians scrambled Obama and Kerry's brains. I think we need Papi Boyington back in his Corsair without computers..................

Russia may be playing games......but this will stop if we don't play along.

What happened to Turkey when they shot that Russian Jet down?

Not a God Damned thing.
Wrong, Russia was not playing games, they were testing their most advanced weapon, one that leaves our Navy helpless and blind.

Why would they show us that even if they had it? And even if that report is true, that doesn't mean we can't counter it, just that the Cook didn't have that capability. Also there are the tactics, we should EMP any plane at a certain distance preempting it.

What you posted is an interesting discussion point, particularly if it is true. But there are still a lot of questions. It's doubtful the Russians leap frogged [leapfrogged] us with technology
Because their [there] is no way that the Russians can know how effective their Khibini weapons system is, without the help of active Aegis radar systems to jam. Now you understand?
Nonsense. They have the ability to test their systems just as we do ours.
This is simply a demonstration by Vladimir Putin of his disrespect of Lame Duck President Obama. He wanted to demonstrate to the world the timidity and impotence of our President. Just as Iran, Cuba, North Korea, ISIS and our other enemies are showing the total failure of this president.

do you know the difference between international waters and 'air space'?

clearly not, b/c if you did, you wouldn't have posted that as a reason to kill.

Yo, it`s called AGGRESSION, don`t matter if it`s International Waters, or a Countries Air Space? Now, take them Two Thumbs, stick them up your ass, and rotate!!!

"GTP"
Shoot The Bitch Down!!!
View attachment 71584
There's a recruiting station near you rambo

man the fuck up and demand front line combat

really, you assbags have no reason to call for the killing of another.

So just to be clear, you've volunteered for every military engagement you supported, that's your standard. So did you volunteer to attack al Qaeda after 9/11? Or did you oppose retaliating?

Grow up and make real arguments, Nevil

Speaking for myself, I enlisted in the Navy in February 1967 and by the time I separated from AD, I realized how fuck up was the Domino Theory and how easily members of Congress put us in harms way - D's and R's, and POTUS, the D (LBJ) and the R (RMN).

Yo, I say bring the Draft back, like you faced! We wouldn`t have all of these Protesters running around, and maybe, just maybe? The Army might make honest men out of them!!! And make a Draft for the Skanks who don`t have a Clue!!! They can shine the boots, and clean weapons, and cook!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 71804

Just foolish. Our volunteer military is working fine. Why do you want to "fix" something that isn't broken?

can't believe how murderously bloodthirsty some people are.

these are the nutless pussies that have this sign out front

i

It proves how badass they aren't

Here is a sign for your front door.

cebed0f0-1190-4ce0-afad-1eb40b2610f1.jpg

Seek help.
What is it with conservatives? We understand a fundamental truth which liberals do not (many, actually).

Weakness invites agression

It's people like you who created Adolf Hitler. People to scared to stand up and stop a maniac before he has killed millions and millions and marched half way across the globe already. Which proves yet another fundamental truth that we understand and liberals do not:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

But most of all, the greatest leaders in world history not only knew everything that liberal do not know, but they also passed on what they learned for future generations. Unfortunately, only conservatives actually study history to learn from it. Since liberals reject facts, truth, reality, science, and history in favor of ideology, your side of the aisle sadly, has not.

"The power of making war often prevents it, and in our case would give efficacy to our desire of peace." --Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, December 4, 1788

"We maintain the peace through our strength; weakness only invites aggression" - Ronald Reagan, March 23, 1983

Seek help.
CC - have you ever stopped to ask yourself why they are flying their planes at high speeds dangerously close to our naval fleet? Don't you think you should before spouting off with nonsensical responses formed simply to defend your ideology at all costs.

Why is Russia trying to provoke us? Why are they engaging in something so dangerous?

In all seriousness - do you ever question your leaders and your ideology? Or are you completely committed to being an obedient soldier at all costs?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Seek help.
CC - have you ever stopped to ask yourself why they are flying their planes at high speeds dangerously close to our naval fleet? Don't you think you should before spouting off with nonsensical responses formed simply to defend your ideology at all costs.

Why is Russia trying to provoke us? Why are they engaging in something so dangerous?

In all seriousness - do you ever question your leaders and your ideology? Or are you completely committed to being an obedient soldier at all costs?

Answer, the Russians are flying their planes so close as to test their weapons that jam our best radar systems. Thus John Kerry is full of shit when he says that this jet could have been shot down, because the ship was helpless as it's computers were all scrambled and radar signals needed for targeting were non existent..............

Seek help.

Answer, the Russians are flying their planes so close as to test their weapons that jam our best radar systems. Thus John Kerry is full of shit when he says that this jet could have been shot down, because the ship was helpless as it's computers were all scrambled and radar signals needed for targeting were non existent..............
And you know this because you occupy what high level government position that is privy to this information?

Seek help.

So when we test nuclear weapons, do we launch them on Russia? If you're going to make up an answer, you have to do better than that junior. That is so weak, even a 9 year old would be better. Nobody (and I mean nobody) tests a weapon or technology by launching it against their enemy. It could kick off a world war and even maniacs like Saddam Hussein realized as much.

Congrats Bass...you just made the DUMBEST post in USMB history. If you're going to lie and make shit up, you have to at least make it something that is possible.

Seek help.

So when we test nuclear weapons, do we launch them on Russia? If you're going to make up an answer, you have to do better than that junior. That is so weak, even a 9 year old would be better. Nobody (and I mean nobody) tests a weapon or technology by launching it against their enemy. It could kick off a world war and even maniacs like Saddam Hussein realized as much.

Congrats Bass...you just made the DUMBEST post in USMB history. If you're going to lie and make shit up, you have to at least make it something that is possible.

Bassman has provided a link to this before. So he's not making it up. Not sure on the source though. However it just seems seriously unlikely to me that Russia passed us in technology

Seek help.

Bassman has provided a link to this before. So he's not making it up. Not sure on the source though. However it just seems seriously unlikely to me that Russia passed us in technology
You know what seems even exponentially more unlikely? The fact that Russia would test weapons systems or technology in a live scenario against the world's greatest super power.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back